Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Savior

Crusades

by Loise 0 reviews

Who attacked Preventer HQ?

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Duo, Hilde, Quatre, Relena, Wufei - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-03-21 - Updated: 2006-03-21 - 1463 words

0Unrated
******************

"So what do we know of them? I'm assuming we know something?" Une sends a scathing look to the frazzled clerks, one of them seems faint and sways at the quiet yet cutting words. Une knew she had reputation around the Preventers, but felt that as in times like these it only served to help everyone to spur them on faster in their duties and work.

The clerks looked at one another, then a man stood up, a small remote in his hand, clicking a screen slid from the ceiling and all information that had been collected being shown.

"Er, not much. Um, they left a virtual calling card. Pretty much just saying that they, the Soldiers of God, were responsible for the bombing. Soon after they sent another email - "

"Which I assume you traced?" Une's voice cut in. Knowing the answer internally, and it wasn't good.

"Uh, no. They were actually untraceable. Either they had some amazing technological developments that we don't have," the man seemed slightly shocked at this, "Or something," he ended lamely.

"Soldiers of God..." Une tapped a gold pen against her chin, looking down as the large desk, an array of papers spread in front of her. "Do we know who they are?"

A woman, red hair clashing with hot pink lips spoke, "Basically a right-wing religious nut group. Until recently all they interested in were pipe bombing parent planning clinics, fairly low scale, but recently it looks like they been receiving much more support, and been 'releasing' themselves to the public. It's unlikely they came up with this plan, they don't show the skills or brains to do so."

"So most certainly they have themselves a backer?"

The red head bobbed her head, "Unfortunately, we don't know, at this moment who that could be." She rolled her eyes in frustration, pink lips crinkling.

Une sighed, "Well, good work," the clerks preened, "I only wish there was more for the press release." She sighed, running a hand through her hair, wishing the awful headache would go away.

"So soon?" Wufei asked, looking at her with some slight surprise, black brows arching. A note of challenge in his voice as he stared at his commanding officer.

She nodded with what seemed regret, "Yes, with such a large scale attack, it's better to quiet the bloodhounds of the press before they run off some slanderous rubbish."

"I see. Well, have you decided what is to be released?" Wufei questioned, eyes alight with curiosity. He was leaning forward to the table, elbows pressing into paperwork. The light of the display screen shading his face in a complex array of shadows.

She sent him a faint glare, "None of your business Chang."

Breaking in Quatre said quietly, "It's very important that we calm their fears, if the Preventer HQ can be bombed it would had have to been infiltrated. People will realize this."

"Good thinking Winner," Une murmured briskly.

Wufei shot him a slight glare, then resumed his previous calm. "Then, is there no more to discuss?"

Frazzled clerks shook their heads wearily. looking at the papers in front of them, "We will continue searching for more information, Sir!" The red head said clearly, but quietly. She had been under his training before.

"Meeting closed, dismissed." Une issued an order and all were soon retreating to their respective duties, leaving her, Wufei and Quatre sitting at a paper strewn table. "Have you contacted the others? They could be useful."

Nodding Quatre murmured, "Yes, earlier I called Duo and Trowa, they'll be here soon. Trowa's circus was orbiting near here so they'll be here soon. However L2 is going through a baggage handler crisis, but I'm sure he will find some way here. Heero called me, as I expected, he and Relena were to be coming anyway, they are upending their timetable."

"Good." Une spoke briskly. "The press conference starts soon, you two will come, Winner far left corner and put some sunglasses on. Try to remain discreet, Chang to my side please."

"Ma'am!"

"... and that is why there is no need to panic!" Une spoke over the loud voices of the press, they were clamouring for her attention. She had refused to answer any questions, later, and they were outraged. Une however had no attention bending to their whims and fancies, she had a job to do.

"Is it true that you knew about this attack before it happened, Lady Une? Was that why you were not at the Preventer HQ? Because you did not want to get hurt!"

"Do you agree with rumours that all these Soldiers of God talk is just another cover for another military accident?"

Were a few she could make out. More were being screamed, magnified by the microphone they held out. They were a few at the back, who remained calm, but they were veterans of their trade and had studied her, she didn't like them but they better than the other yuppies.

"There is no need for this uproar, everything is under control." Gathering up her papers she gave a swift nod to the press, and strode away from the conference. Wufei followed her, ready and waiting for danger.

They had entered a side room, dampening the yells when they heard a more familiar sound of Quatre Winner startled gasp as his body was thrown to the floor.

******************


Quatre felt an involuntary cry be ripped out of his throat and emit from his lips, as a body was launched at his midsection, their hands reaching quickly for his briefly arched throat. His body hit the wall, slamming hard into the concrete, slumping slightly, mouthing gaping for air. One hand gripped his attackers face, poking fingers into the warm, slushy feel of his eyeballs. Head butting him, Quatre breathed easier as air entered his lungs, whooshed out as the man fell on top on his body.

Knocking back a hand, once again trying to strangle the life out of him, Quatre launched his knee upwards. the man's blue eyes widened in pain, before his other hand not gripped tightly by Quatre, back handed Quatre across the face. Spitting out the blood, as his lips swelled and bled, it dribbled weakly out of his lips, down his chin and onto his starched collar.

Rolling his hips, and buckling his legs wildly till the man was thrown off his body. Standing into a low crouch, lips red and hair sticking up, Quatre eyed the momentarily still man and steadily approached, stalking the rumpled figure.

With a sudden jerk of movement, the man brought his leg out in whirl of action, a crisp arc quickly knocking Quatre to the ground. Fist were exchanged with one another, Quatre punched the man straight in nose and moments before he felt his vision blur as a heavy hit resounded on his temple. The cartilage cracked under his blow, a sickening sound echoing in his ears. Smirking grimly, he kicked the man in the groin but not before his arm was held in a tight grip, near to breaking point.

Bringing his fingers to the man's throat, feeling for the nerve that would strike him and knock him out. The man, clutching at his grown, froze and slowly relaxed into a dazed position of the podium.

Staggering to his feet, rubbing his arm and wincing slightly, he looking mad when Une gave him a brief concerned glance.

Une stared at him, speaking quietly, "Are you all right?"
v

Looking at her like she was the one who looked mad, Quatre nodded, limping slightly and left the podium.

Red lips stained and swollen, blond hair ruffled with blood and sweat, suit streaked with marks of scarlet, rumpled and creased.

Mouth agape for a brief moment, Une shook herself to attention as Quatre's attacker twitched. Pointing to a couple of Preventer guards standing to the side, she muttered, "Take him to the cells," before giving them a warning glance.

They all saluted crisply at her. Turning quickly and efficently to the upcoming job.

The press warmed up, snapped from it's shock as the unconscious man was dragged away by the Preventers. A small moan exiting his lips.

Ignoring the bustling, noisy press, she gestured to Wufei to follow her as she walked behind Quatre. Brown eyes darkening with concern, hair covering part of her concern, she shared a worried glance with Wufei, both betraying their unease about the suddenness of the situation as well as how easily it had seemed to have occurred with.

Looing ahead they saw the hunched over figure of Quatre. He was gasping slightly, but smiled at them warmly, if with some shaking.

Looking down Une noted with some distress the dots of blood plotting the path to the trembling Quatre.
Sign up to rate and review this story