Categories > Anime/Manga > Boogiepop Phantom > Theoretically Speaking

Chapter II

by AnarchicQ 0 reviews

Meet Moroi Kagyuu and Korosu, two crazy kids just waiting for the Boogiepop to take them away. A Prequel to Story's End

Category: Boogiepop Phantom - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Boogiepop Phantom - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-03-21 - Updated: 2006-03-21 - 722 words

0Original
DISCLAIMER: By the way, those of you familiar with "Story's End", my Silent Hill fic, know that 1) This is a prequel and was actually conceived before Story's End. 2) Unaru is Growl. At the time, it didn't seem to make sense to have too many asian names floating around in a New England city. Bleh.
Moroi's mine, but Boogiepop Phantom and all the characters thereof aren't.
Noru means "Mount, To get onto"

Theoretically Speaking
Chapter II

September 20th.
-Perfectual Hospital

"Fuckin' bitches." The young man sneered unpleasantly as he found a secluded place to sit, dark, slanted eyes on the girls a few tables away. Noru sat with a small group of other dysfunctional young ladies, mostly cutters, she herself was doing nothing to hide the fresh bandages on her own wrists, the bleached colour padding's letting a bit of crimson show through. The little nymphomaniac had once again brushed her sticky, wandering fingers against his lap in the lunch line, and that made Korosu displeased.

Korosu was not one for the finer points of affection, choosing rather to push his 'attractions' inward. He was not gay, contrary to what Noru giggled to her friends. Korosu was just tremendously cold. Still, this evening's meal would make everything all better. Of that, Korosu was certain.

The weird girl had just shuffled in. Of course, in a hospital, weird is subjective; Korosu however, heard the whispered case history of the tiny girl who had just wandered in, pulling an imaginary beast by an imaginary leash behind her. She was Weird and Korosu guessed, by the way the 'Snailgirl' was muttering to her invisible pet,that the medications were not helping much.

Moroi had passed Noru and the other girls, offering a smile and a chipper wave. They snorted dismissivly, making there mocking names for her not very quiet or hidden. Moroi was not once of them; she didn't have the superficial self-inflicted problems they had. Moroi had Real Ones. Perhaps, Moroi supposed, that that idea frightened the other girls. Still, it did not make the words and additudes any less hurtful.

With her tail between her legs, Moroi settled herself at the end of a table, placing her trey down and pulling away the cover. The girl sighed and muttered about the quality of the viddles.

Noru, laughing at something impossibly funny, removed the cover of her own trey and glanced down at the meal.

A shrill scream made Moroi jump, a spoonful of her lukewarm soup finding its way to her lap. Large slanted eyes looked up as Noru jumped from the table, watery eyes fixated on the little creatures covering her meal. The snails leisurely made there way over the balls of rice and suctioned securely to her bowl. Noru screamed again.

Korosu laughed.

The girl hollered, running towards Moroi. With a violent lurch, Noru pulled Moroi to her feet. "What did you do! Do you think it's funny?"

Moroi looked up at the taller girl nonplussed. "You don't eat much anyway. And what you do eat, you throw up, so what's wrong?"

It was honestly a simple question, but it the innocent, face value of it had humiliated Noru. With a look, Noru commanded two of her friends to grab either of the small girl's arms. The two pulled her against the table, Moroi letting her nails scratch against the plastic top. In a fell move, Noru grabbed her trey, flinging food from it carelessly, before slamming it down with all her might upon Moroi's slender, nail bitten hand.

"No more snails! Your stupid Snails! I Hate you!"

Noru was screaming wildly as she brought the plastic trey down again and again onto Moroi's hand. The thing cracked, plastic cutting against Moroi's little knuckles and causing pain. It splintered, a shard sailing past Korosu's head.

"HATEYOUHATEYOUHATEY-!" Noru had not noticed the alarms and did not see the orderlies running into the dining room. She did not notice until they had wrestled her and her friends to the floor, screaming and writhing.

Korosu looked about at the confusion, and noticed that Moroi remained on the table, panting and sobbing quietly to herself, ignored. Korosu rose, heading to the girl lying prostate on the table. He lifted her up by the middle and simply headed out of the common dining room with an exhale.
Sign up to rate and review this story