Categories > Anime/Manga > Boogiepop Phantom > Theoretically Speaking

Chapter I

by AnarchicQ 1 review

Meet Moroi Kagyuu and Korosu, two crazy kids just waiting for the Boogiepop to take them away. A Prequel to Story's End

Category: Boogiepop Phantom - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Boogiepop Phantom, Other - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-03-21 - Updated: 2006-03-21 - 908 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER:Ok my little nutjobs. Here's the deal. I don't own BoogiePop or BoogiePop Phantom. Kouhei Kadono/ Media Works/ Project Boogiepop do. Also, I don't own The Maxx, of which I borrowed heavily for this fic. Sam Keith does. I do own Unaru, and Moroi and Anyone else in this fic other then Dr Kisugi and Boogiepop Phantom..
This fic takes place somewhere before Episode two- A month ago, a strange occurrence took place, affecting several people directly, or indirectly. Also, kids are disappearing, people blame the angel of Death AKA Boogiepop...

want more information on this fic? Question? comments? Yep. Bye.

THEORETICALLY SPEAKING
A Boogiepop Phantom fic by Q

Scene 01

August -
-Perfectual Hospital.

"All things that one can believe, can, will, have, and do exist ...at one point or another. In all other realities. The forth wall, if you will." The girl glanced out the window with her large, honey coloured eyes. Emitting a soft sigh, she perched her heels on the chair, knees to her chest, and hands grabbing her feet. Nearly inaudible plips of sound whispered through the room as her fingertips tapped out a random tune on the soles of her bare feet. "Lovely day, isn't it, doctor?"

"Yes..." Answered the doctor, the sound of her pen scratching violently overpowering the finger and foot song. "Now, back to the subject Moroi. . .fourth wall? That's a writing term, is it not?"

"Yes, doctor. It is. It is when all the characters in the movie or book make a reference to knowing they are in the book or movie. When they know they're characters."

"So, how is your comparison relevant?" Questioned Dr. Kisugi, crossing her slender legs.

"In my world, I've my own story characters...but where do they come from? Our imagination, yes. But where does our imagination grab them from? Well, the astral plane, maybe, since that place is pure thought. But if the character exists there, where'd it come from? Parallel universes, Doctor. It makes sense, don't you think?"

"I see...and...have they spoken to you, recently? The people in your head?"

She nodded, blowing thin, black bangs from her pale eyes. "Yes. Unaru is right behind you, on your windowsill." Moroi smiled, pulling a thin, fragile hand from her foot to wave at an non existent form, cheerily.

Dr. Kisugi chose not to humor her patient by turning to face the window. "Moroi, I've told you, there is nothing there."

Nothing is there." Agreed the girl simply, before adding a cryptic:"At least, not that you see."

October 30th - Two months later
-Perfectual Hospital

The doctor was silent for a moment, getting her bearings and patience up to speed, before speaking again. "Tell me, again Moroi...about the light."

Moroi shifted slightly in her chair, her hand dropping to her lap, her eyes still on where she claimed Unaru to be, this time, it was on the foot of her bed.

"It...happened a month ago. . ."

A month ago...Sept 28th
-Perfectual Hospital

Moroi stood at her hospital window, staring at the night scenery through the small wire squares embedded in the glass. Her slender fingertips traced one of the wire trails as her eyes took in the light, darks and silhouettes of late night Japan. The glass was chilled against Moroi's fingertip, but more then that, it was freedom. How long had she been locked up in that hospital? She barely remembered.

Her body- eyes, ringed with lack of sleep, and her mind webbed with its constant ideas, looked exhausted. She hadn't slept in days, but it seemed like years to her weak body.
Due to the obvious physical stress on her body and mind, it was not surprising that Moroi thought that the column of light that suddenly burst from the ground a few blocks from the hospital, was all her imagination. But, when several other patience in the hospital's psychiatric ward began chirping and screaming and giggling and crying at the light, Moroi knew that this was not a product of her never resting psyche.

Then it was black.

Moroi's room, however, was haloed with a soft, golden glow from the column standing yonder. Her golden brown eyes were fixated on the light, ignorant to the fact that it was indeed the only light in the whole large city. Moroi faltered, letting her lids close, to wash away strain on her eyes, to blink and moisten them. It was a relief to her aching retinas.

But in that moment, she did not see the light glide through her form, bathe her in its hue. Rather, Moroi felt its caress, sensed it cradle her mind and put the lonely organ that was her brain- to ease.

The slight brightness from the light beyond dimmed, then was snuffed out. Some time later, Moroi opened her eyes, turning towards her bed. Somehow, she was not surprised to see a clawed, five foot tall, digigrade foot-ed gargoyle perched on her bed, poking at the various pages of fiction on her bed.

"Moroi." It spoke in a husky growl, wings coiling closer to its spiny back. "It's about time we can carry on a proper, two way conversation."

"U..." Despite fully accepting the creature's presence, the creature she herself had dreamed up to be the anti hero in her fantasy graphic novel, Moroi had difficulty speaking it's name, as if somehow, speaking it would make the creature vanish. "...na...ru?"

Aug 13th 1:48am
Sign up to rate and review this story