Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Mended Hearts

by ILuvTracii 1 review

In which Vanessa tells Tommy the semi-truth. Vanessa and Axl finally mends Axl's trust and love with her and in which Vanessa and Sheri have a conversation about a certain blonde hair musician . . .

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-27 - Updated: 2009-01-28 - 1624 words - Complete

0Unrated
“But I told my family that I would go to my mother’s funeral.” Vanessa whined at dinner later that night.
“But our anniversary is Monday baby.” Tommy said, a look of disbelief on his face.
“But this is my mother Tommy.”
“Good, then we can go together with Brandon.” He said as he began to eat his food again. She opened her mouth in protest but shook her head in defeat. She couldn’t come up with a come back.
“I’m not going to my mother’s funeral Tommy, I lied, I’m sorry.” She said and he looked at her.
“Then where are you going?”
“Slash, well he and his other band mates are going on tour in California for five weeks. His wife can’t come so he wants me to go instead.” She said. Okay it wasn’t the truth but it wasn’t a full lie.
“Five weeks!”
“This is important to him that I go Tommy. Steven is bringing Dawn, Izzy’s bringing Erin, Duff is with Alicia and Axl is bringing Stephanie.” She said. “He doesn’t want to be the only one without a guest and he doesn’t want to bring Sheri. She doesn’t understand the type of music, and besides, she’s engaged to Rob.”
She could tell Tommy was objecting but he loved her so much he could hardly say no to her. He heaved a sigh. “When are you going?” He asked her weakly and she smiled.
“I’m going to try and head out next week, so I have time to spend with Brandon and you.” She told him. He nodded but she could see the pained look in his eyes. She adverted her eyes to her food so he could not see her happiness.

Vanessa walked down the tour buses’ hall until she got to the living quarters of the bus. Leathers seat, sofa and armchairs were lining the wall and a wall-mounted plasma TV was across the way with jumbo speakers on either side of it. She plopped down in an armchair and opened a book as Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy and Axl began preparing for the gig they had right when they got there.
“Please don’t take it so hard now and please don’t it so bad.” Axl sang and Vanessa paused. She always loved that song. No matter if it always made her cry.
“You got to make it on your own way, but you’ll be alright now sugar.”
She felt a tear go down her face and she walked from the living quarters of the bus. Axl told her that he wrote that song after they got divorced. She always loved that song but didn’t listen to the words and didn’t understand how beautiful it was. She also didn’t understand how close it described their break-up and how pained it left him feeling. It hurt even more after he found out she was having an affair with Duff. Surely it left a huge scar that had still not fully healed yet. Plus, his trust in her probably is not really restored yet.
She remember him singing Patience to her when she packing up ready to move out and he was trying to stop her. She was about to go back in when she heard the ending line,
“Please don’t cry tonight, I still love you baby.” It was too much for her to bare. She rushed into their room and plopped down on the edge of the bed.
“I shouldn’t have come, I should have known it would have been overwhelming for me to bare.” She told herself. Axl came in shortly after and closed the door. He pointed to the door, his brows furrowed in confusion.
“Is everything alright? You just walked out of there without a word.” He asked her. She sniffed and shook her head. He smiled weakly and sat down next to her.
“I know that face, now what’s wrong?”
“I listened to some of Don’t Cry a-and, Oh Axl, why didn’t you tell me that it pained you when we broke up?” She asked him and he shrugged.
“I didn’t even try to stop you. I saw how much that it meant to you that you leave so I didn’t try and stop you.” He told her, trying to comfort her. He put an arm around her shoulders. “Don’t cry baby, I’ll still love you even if you do something insanely stupid.” He laughed and she smiled a half smile and laughed a little.
“I guess so; I just don’t want to hurt you again.”
“Thanks for the kind words, I really need them.” He said as he kissed her on the forehead and then stood up, about to leave her alone.
“Axl wait.” She moaned, grabbing his hand and he turned around.
“Stay with me, love me, please.” She requested. He was about to object but though otherwise and smiled gently. He didn’t know that it was the same words she used on Duff the first time they slept together.
“I’ll be right back, I got to go tell the boys to take a break though.” He told her. She nodded weakly and he smiled at her softly before leaving her.
*
“Hey Sheri.” Vanessa said into the phone as she sat in an armchair, talking to her friend.
“Hey girl, how’s Axl?” She asked. Vanessa gazed at him, lying in bed, the sheet covering his bottom half.
“Well he’s doing fine, we’re five hours from San Diego and we just got finished having mind-blowing sex. I mean he was good in bed before this but this time it was . . . oh my god . . . oh my god.” She said. She could hear Sheri laugh.
“I guess you liked it then.”
“I hate to say it but I did. It wasn’t like the other times we had sex it was different.” She said.
“How was it?”
“Great, no wonderful, no he was . . . oh my god, no words describe him a few hours ago,” she moaned putting her face in her free hand.
“Just tell me how it was? I already know it was great. You tell me that every time you get a free space in!” She laughed again.
“He was strong, he was sexy, he was guiding me in a way Tommy would never be able to do with me, and he was patient with me. He was romantic and passionate beyond belief. He was forceful with me but in a lover way. He was demanding. He was a-a sex god practically.” She said. Sheri snorted on the other line.
“I can’t believe it either, you should have been there. He w-was great. He was hard a-and deep. No words can describe it only feelings.” She could hear Sheri smiling, for it was in her voice when she spoke.
“Does Tommy know about it?”
“Not yet he doesn’t,” she answered, a little guiltily.
“Girl you were just telling me how great Axl was in bed a minute ago and now you’re all guilt-ridden, make up your mind dammit.” She moaned into the phone playfully. “Was Axl better than Duff?”
Her question took Vanessa entirely by surprise and she glanced at Axl and then lowered her voice. “No he wasn’t. He’s not even close. Duff is . . . I don’t know how to explain it.” She said, almost giving up. “Axl was . . . hell what am I saying? Axl is weak, so damn weak compared to Duff. Duff, he fulfills your sexual desires when you have sex with him to a heightened degree it’s almost unbearable sometimes.”
“Wow, Duff sounds dreamy.”
“Girl, you haven’t had sex until you have sex with Duff.” She said, laughing a little.
“Look I have to go; Missy is crying her head off right now. Rob says hi by the way” Sheri said into the phone.
“Bye Sheri, and return Rob’s greetings.” She said as she hung up her cell phone. She sighed and put her face in her hands, almost ashamed of her and Sheri’s conversation about Duff. Did she just compare her lover to her old lover? The old lover that she wanted so badly in bed, it was almost pathetic?
“I’m glad you liked it but damn girl,” He said. She turned around. Axl was lying in bed awake. He raised his eyebrows.
“Demanding, strong, sexy, guiding, and forceful?” He said. “I like the words you used but goddamn . . . ”
She rolled her eyes. “Oh don’t be a Gene Simmons.” She said, smiling.
“Hey I know Gene Simmons, he isn’t like what he sounds like.” Axl said, suddenly serious. “You described it so well. You might-as-well should’ve told her everything we did step-by-step.”
“Don’t be so idiotic. I would never do that.” She told him. He looked skeptical for a moment before she laughed and looked at him.
“Look Axl. What happens in this room or any hotel room, stays in that room, I’ll guarantee you that.” She told him. He smiled, as she laughed a little. “Not that it’ll help. You’re obviously going to go tell the boys about our, sorry, your break.” She said. He laughed a little like she did.
“I won’t do that.” He said as he got out of bed and walked into the bathroom connected to their bedroom on the bus.
“If you do I’ll kill you.” She yelled at him. He stuck his head out the door.
“Baby it was too good for me to tell the guys.”
Sign up to rate and review this story