Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Unwanted Resurrected Feelings

by ILuvTracii 2 reviews

In which Duff and Vanessa go get breakfast for the band; and they share a little kiss and maybe something more in the elevator. . .

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-14 - Updated: 2009-02-14 - 2853 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Why did we ever break up?” Axl asked her. They were sitting at a booth in one of Los Angeles’s more popular and well-known restaurants with movie stars and singers and were waiting to be served.
“Yeah, why did you guys break-up? You guys were actually happy being together. Not like him and Erin, they hated each other practically.” Steven asked them, looking down at his menu.
“Remember we didn’t break-up, we got divorced.” She corrected them. Izzy brought up his head from the menu and looked at them frowning.
“Oh that’s right, why did you guys get divorced? The last time I cared to check, you guys were happy and all kinds of shit like that. At least Axl didn’t fallow up on his marriage proposal with a suicide threat,” he said. He grunted when Axl kicked him from under the table.
“Almost exactly how it happened in the music video for Don’t Cry.” She told them, ignoring Axl and Izzy. Axl nodded.
“I remember that music video. It was the one that Slash drove the car off the cliff.” He said shortly. Slash smiled and laughed a little at him but turned his gaze back to Vanessa.
“You tried to blow us away, or was it just yourself you were trying to blow away?” She asked him, turning to look at him.
“Just me.” He replied coolly.
“Well after that I sent him to go see a psychiatrist and when I went to a bar with some of my friends and I saw him with you guys and he was flirting with another girl.” She said, looking at him again. Slash grinned at the funny memory.
“I remember that. You and that girl had a major bar brawl. You totally beat her ass into the ground.”
“Look I’m sorry baby . . .” Axl told her. “I was strung out on drugs; just ask Slash and Steven how bad I was. Truthfully, I wasn’t thinking straight. If you wouldn’t have been there I would be dead right now.”
“That’s not even half of it Axl,” She moaned. “Why did you try and blow yourself away when you knew you had someone at home that loved you?”
“I was jealous.” He admitted.
“Of what?” Steven asked, looking at him. “You had money, fame, a huge house, hell you had a hot woman in your bed, fucking you every night.” he said and Axl smiled.
“I was jealous of Vanessa and Duff.” He told them
“Axl please let’s not bring that up.” Vanessa and Duff groaned at the same time, bring their heads up to look at him.
“Baby that’s all behind us.” She said while laughing a little.
“Yeah I guess your right.” He said, grinning, but he couldn’t wipe the pain from seeing them in bed together off his mind.

“Duff get up you lazy ass.” Duff grumbled something and then fell silent.
“Here let’s try this.” Izzy said as he grabbed Duff’s pillow and yanked it out from underneath his head.
“Leave me alone you fucking bastards! Its Sunday, we don’t have a gig today.” He grumbled as he snatched the pillow out of Izzy’s hands and put it over his head.
“What’s wrong?” Vanessa asked, lifting up her head off the pillow in her and Axl’s hotel bed and looked at them, not fully awake and Axl groaned. He was sleeping behind her with his head on her side and his arm around her waist.
“We were going to go get some breakfast before we realized it was Duff’s turn to go get it. Now Sleeping Beauty over here won’t get up. We’re sorry we woke you and the fire-breathing dragon over there,” Izzy told her. Axl lifted up his head and gave them a dirty look.
“On a Sunday? I agree with Duff though, we don’t have a gig today, just go back to sleep, enjoy your sleeping time while you have it.” Axl groaned as he put his head back on Vanessa’s waist and attempted to go back to sleep.
“Yeah I wish but its Duff’s turn to go get breakfast. I need my daily morning coffee or I’m a fucking dud in the afternoon.” Slash said sarcastically.
“You guys are fucking amateurs.” Vanessa sighed, not fully awake yet.
“Duff, Angelina Jolie wants to see you.” She said weakly. As soon as she said that he shot up in bed, now looking fully awake.
“Where is she?” He said quickly, looking around the hotel room. They all laughed, even Axl grinned in his pretend sleep.
“You’re a fucking bitch.”He moaned as he plopped back down on the hotel bed and pulled his pillow over his head again.
“Don’t worry Sleeping Beauty, I’ll go with you.” She said.
“Oh no your not!” Axl said. “I need my damn pillow.”
“You have a damn pillow. . .” she said, pointing on his side of bed and looking at him
“Yeah and that’s you.” He said. She rolled her eyes and pushed Axl off her where he laughed and Duff moaned.
“Shut the hell up Blondie, I’m trying to go back to sleep. That gig yesterday night wiped me clean out.” Axl moaned as he grabbed a pillow and put it over his head.
Duff groaned again and got out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom. “Got a hangover buddy? I told you not to drink all those beers.” Izzy yelled right when he closed the door.
“Shut up!” He yelled from inside the bathroom.
“Ready to rock and roll babe?” Duff asked Vanessa a few minutes later when he came out of the bathroom looking completely refreshed. She laughed a little and pulled him out the door by his shirt.
“Don’t call me babe again.” She said before she shut the door.
Axl grinned and laughed before taking the pillow off his head and looked up at the ceiling. “Damn do I love her.” He laughed. Slash got up, walked across the room, plopped in an armchair and cut on the TV.

"Slash wants what again?" Duff asked as he poured himself a cup of orange juice. They were getting breakfast from the breakfast buffet in the lobby. She walked up to him and looked into his eyes, getting ready to say something.
He silently leaned in and hesitated for a moment, but thought otherwise and kissed her softly. His lips were so soft, his touch was so light as he ran one of his hands down her hair. She was going to put her hand on his chest but instead on his neck and kissed him back as the kiss steadily turned more romantic.
"He likes a coffee." She said quietly and breathlessly as he pulled slowly away. He started kissing her again lightly, teasing her lips with little imprints of his softness.
“Right, I knew that. I heard him say he did," He whispered as he leaned in to kiss her again, grinning. She allowed him to but pushed him away before he could get really into it.
"I don't think you did, it was like you were completely drunk when you got up. Someone had a little too much excitement last night, I'm not going to point out names." She laughed. He laughed with her as he grabbed her hand. She looked down but he squeezed it lovingly. She walked over and kissed him, suddenly unable to keep her hands off him. They were grinning and laughing a little as they kissed each other.
God they needed to get a room and fast.
They saw two of the hotel staff that was old women gaze at them with interest as to why they were kissing every five seconds, as Vanessa broke apart, grinning and went back to fill the guys orders. Duff saw them looking at them and put his hands around her waist and pulled her to him. "Honeymoon, we got married in Vegas." He told them. They nodded and went back to work.
"They make such a nice couple." They sighed. Duff laughed a little and pointed to them.
"See they think we make a nice couple. Someone finally agrees with me!" He said.
"Oh yeah!" Vanessa said loudly, quickly getting Duff's attention as she pulled her hand out of his grasp.
"Izzy likes an orange juice and pancakes and Steven doesn't eat breakfast. Go get their food while I'll get mine and Axl's" she said.
"Yes sugerlips." He said playfully. "You really got sugerlips too."
She grabbed the muffin she was getting for Axl and hurtled it at Duff who laughed and caught it in mid-air. "There is no food fighting in this lobby." One of the women said sternly and they immediately stopped laughing.
"Yes ma'am." They said quietly as Duff got Izzy's food.
"What does Axl eat again? It was some insane amount of food." Duff said.
"One blueberry muffin and water . . .” she said, leaning past him to get Axl’s water, showing him a pretty good view down her shirt. “Oh sorry . . .” She muttered as she resumed her regular stature. “I mean, one low-fat blueberry muffin and crystal water." She said nonchalantly.
"Goodness, he's like my mother. Plus I only think they have regular water here anyway." Duff said. Vanessa laughed.
"You said . . ." she said but she stopped and tried to snuff back her laughter. He cracked a grin and looked at her.
"Is it just me or do you have the giggles today?" He asked her, turning his head so he could get himself a decaffeinated coffee. She stood next to him, grabbing herself a coffee as well. His hand reached behind her and went to the small of her back where it slowly moved down to her ass and he squeezed gently.
She looked at him. “Would you like to get a room before we go back up?” she asked playfully. He grinned and shook his head.
“Naw, I’m fine.” She grinned and walked away to get them straws.
"I can't help pay for the bill at the end of the trip; my credit card's maxed completely out." He muttered, more to himself than to Vanessa.
"How did you max your credit card out completely? That's inhumanly possible, even for you Duff."
"Getting my good buddy Slash a birthday present."
"That must be a pretty damn expensive present then." She said. He snorted and laughed.
"It is if you call a twenty-two thousand dollar present expensive." He told her. She set down her coffee and looked at him.
"How in the whole fucking world can you get someone a present that costs that much?"
"Hey now don't give me that attitude girl, it was a one-time offer. It was Dimebag Darrell's old guitar." Duff told her. Her mouth opened in shock.
"Fibber you did not." She said, gaping at him. Duff smiled and nodded.
"Oh yeah I did and you better close your mouth before I make close again." He said.
"H-how did you get it." She asked him, closing her mouth at once.
"His family was selling it on E-Bay and really I wasn't going to force it close. I just wanted to see if you would it or not." He told her.
"Quit trying to change the damn subject." She said as they got the food and headed for the elevator. Vanessa pressed the button with her free hand.
"You did not get him that." She said as they waited for the elevator. He nodded.
"I did too. You know that guitar he uses now instead of his Gibson?" He asked her and she nodded.
"That's Dimebag’s old guitar." He told her. He looked at his watch and almost screamed in shock. "You asshole’s! You guys got me up at 7:00 a.m?" He yelled.
"What?!" She said laughing a little. "You really shouldn't talk, it was your turn to get breakfast anyway Sleeping Beauty,"
"Still, I was having a good dream." He said grumpily as he rubbed his gave with his free hand. She looked at him in curiosity.
"Okay then, what was so special about your dream? What was your dream?" She asked him.
"I was having a three-some with Angelina Jolie and Alyssa Milano." He said and she laughed.
"What? It wasn't funny, it was vivid a-and invigorating." He said. "However, you combine the best of both worlds though."
She looked down. "You know, I know why I fell for you in the first place, you're hilarious."
"It was kind of unexpected when we became lovers behind Axl’s back wasn't it?" He asked her quietly and she nodded. "It was really a slap in the face to Axl wasn't it?"
She nodded again."Especially to Axl."
He sighed and looked down. “You know, I’m sorry what happened over the phone.” He said. “I didn’t mean half of what I said,” he apologized and she nodded.
“Its okay Duff, I forgive you.” She said.
Duff leaned over and kissed her. She was surprised at first and melted into his kiss, allowing his tongue to part her lips. They broke apart and set the food on the floor of the elevator as Duff reached behind him and pushed the stop button. He kissed her again, and her arms went around his neck as she jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist, his hands on her thighs, holding her up.

“I kind of feel sorry for the maid.” She said as she and Duff walked into the hotel room.
“You said it.” Duff said as he stepped over his bass guitar case and Izzy’s guitar case while juggling Izzy’s pancakes and coffee and his coffee and muffin. Steven, Axl and Izzy were now fully asleep in their hotel beds.
“Looks like the concert wiped out not only Axl but Steven, Izzy and Duff as well.” Vanessa muttered. Slash was the only one awake at that time and was busy flipping through the TV channels.
“There’s nothing on right now.” He groaned.
“Here’s your coffee dud.” She said, handing to him. “And by the way, its only 8:00 in the morning,”
“Thanks sis.” He said as he took it and took a swig from it, totally ignoring her little comments. She put the stuff on the bureau and Duff did the same. Vanessa was adding coffee creamer to her coffee when Duff lightly touched her ass lovingly and planted a loving kiss on the nape of her neck before walking over to his bed and plopping down on it stomach first. She walked over to the sleeping Axl.
“Mmm, oh hello.” Axl moaned, opening his eyes.
“Hey, your pillow’s back.” She said and he grinned at the joke.
“What did you get me?”
“We got you a muffin and a water bottle.” She whispered to him.
“Good for me.” He mumbled.
“Why do you sleep with a shirt on? You know I like it when I can see your bare chest.” She said as she lay down in front of him. He put his arm around her waist.
“I don’t know, guess I didn’t feel like it.”
“What are you watching Slash?” She asked him, changing the subject as she looked at the mess they created all in one night.
Slash, Izzy and Duff’s bass, and guitar case’s were opened and the picks, cleaners, everything was spilling out onto the floor. Their clothes were everywhere, piled on chairs, flung on dressers and on the top of the large mirror. Wrappers from last night’s leftovers from dinner were also spilled on the floor so you couldn’t see any inch of the burgundy carpet.
“Nothing so far.”
“Los Angeles just doesn’t have good channels do they?” She laughed. He raised his eyebrows and nodded in agreement.
“They should get Dish or something.” Duff said, his eyes were closed but they could tell he wasn’t fully asleep yet.
“Duff if you’re going to sleep, sleep, but if you’re going to talk then get up.” Vanessa said. He stayed silent and Slash looked at her curiously.
“You know, you’re the only one that has an affect on Duff and Axl both.” He told her,
She shrugged. “He’s hot, but I got Axl now.”
“Thank you for that complement,” Duff laughed.
“That wasn’t a complement and keep your hands off her, this little groupie is mine.” Axl said
“I’m not a groupie!”
“That wasn’t the case-”
“No, no, shut up all three of you. Before this hotel room gets destroyed in Axl fury.” Izzy said, throwing something that looked uncannily like a rolled up pair of socks at Duff’s head. Duff laughed as they hit his head and bounced off, only to fall on the floor by the bed. “I wanna sleep, not die!”
Axl didn’t hear him. If he did he wasn’t saying anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story