Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The After Life Of The Party

Goodnight And Goodbye

by SinsNotTragedies95 2 reviews

Paige forced me to write this quicklyish. So if it sucks, blame her. Yeah.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-01-30 - Updated: 2009-01-31 - 1174 words

0Unrated
Still Pete’s POV

I wondered for a moment whether I should ask Andy and Joe to come with me. I didn’t want Joe to do something stupid, and then have Andy attack him, so I didn’t want to leave them here. But I also couldn’t take them with me, if something happened to them I don’t think I’d ever forgive myself. I walked into the living room and sat next to Joe on the couch.

“Joe?” I spoke quietly.
“What.” His voice was monotone and dead-sounding.
“Um, I’m going to have to leave for a while. To go find Patrick. Are you gonna be okay here alone with Andy?”
“Yeah. I trust him.”
“Okay. I’m going to leave now. If Andy asks where I went tell him I went to go find ‘Trick.”
“Mhm.”
“See you later then.”
“Bye.”
I stood up and walked out the door. I had a vague idea of where Beckett’s HQ was and I headed in that direction. Patrick’s trail was visible to me; maybe not to a regular person, but I wasn’t regular now was I? I could still smell him in the air, and could see faint footprints in the earth. Sometimes being a vampire could come in rather handy. I was surprised. He was a new vampire, and had lost his memory, yet he was walking in the correct direction of Beckett’s place. Huh. I followed his trail all the way up to the gate of the institution, and I could see his footprints progress inside. The gate was shut though, a heavy padlock preventing me from prying it open. I looked around for some way to get inside. Suddenly a small screen popped to life on the stone wall. It showed Beckett sitting against a plain black wall, smiling evilly. In the background I could see… No, it couldn’t be… Patrick slumped unconscious, bound by chains, in a chair.

I growled.
“Let him go!” I screamed at the screen.
“Don’t be hasty, Peter.” He laughed. “Your friend is being well taken care of.”
“You call that well taken care of?! He’s unconscious! He’s bleeding! What did you do to him?!”

And he was bleeding. I could see a thin trickle of blood dripping from his temple.

“All in good time Peter. Now, maybe you should consider surrendering yourself to us, and we’ll talk about letting your friend go.”
“We won’t talk about it. Either you let him go or I leave.”
“I’m afraid the subject isn’t up for negotiation. You can surrender, now, or we shall kill him.” A grin spread over his face with the words.
“You won’t kill him. He’s your only ticket to me.” My voice sounded more sure than I felt.
“Don’t be so sure.” He snapped his fingers and Gabriel Saporta, who was once our good friend, came into the screen. Without any further instructions than the quiet snap he took a dagger from his belt and flicked it forwards, burying it into Patrick’s chest. His body convulsed even though he was unconscious, and blood soaked into his shirt.

“Stop!” I screamed desperately.
He grinned wider. “Maybe you’ll reconsider.”
I knew that if I didn’t give myself up that they would kill him. And they’d feel no remorse. In fact they’d probably be overjoyed; to drink another vampire’s blood was to absorb their strength and wisdom.

My face fell in defeat. “Alright. Take me then.”
“That’s what I thought you might say.” He turned to someone off screen. “Hun, would you mind going and getting him?”

I could hear Paige’s voice, even though I couldn’t see her.
“Of course Bilvy.” I could hear the smile in her voice, and by the look on Beckett’s face I could tell she was using a pet name that he hated.

“Yeah, Bilvy.” I ridiculed him.

He glared at me through the screen with a growl. “Learn to control your tongue, it would serve you and Patrick well. If you would, Saporta.”

A grin came over Gabe’s face and he pulled the dagger roughly from Patrick’s chest. He stabbed it into the small area between his shoulder and neck, burying it up to the hilt. His body convulsed again, and I could tell he was in bad shape.

“Please! Stop hurting him!” I begged.
“Learn to hold your tongue, Wentz. Further outbursts and Patrick might find himself in much worse shape.”

I bit my lip and looked down at the ground. I could hear Beckett giving instructions to Paige, and within seconds the gate was opening and I was being forced inside. I was dragged into the same room that I had seen over the screen, and my eyes found Patrick’s unconscious form. I struggled against Paige and tried to get over to him. Suddenly I found a knife being dug into my back, threatening to cut into my flesh.

“You’re no good to him dead, Wentz. I suggest you cooperate.” Paige’s cold voice sent chills up my spine, and I stopped struggling. Beckett sat in a chair not far away, watching us in fascination.

“So Peter. You have come to save Patrick, and exhibit your courage and daring. It is wasted. You have done neither of you any good, and I could kill both of you now, get you out of my hair. But I won’t. You see Peter, you would be an amazing addition to my ranks. A seasoned fighter, used to harsh conditions and to not eating much. It would be quite handy. So, in trade for Patrick’s life, I ask you to join us. Which you already said you would do before, but I shall be generous and give you the choice again.”

I could see the mockery in his eyes, knowing I would have no choice.

“Do I really have a choice?” I practically spat the words at him, bitterness flowing through my voice.
“Yes, you do have a choice. That was the whole point of our little meeting.”
“You already know my decision.” I growled.
“Yes, I suppose I do.” He smiled, then turned to Saporta. “Take him to the hospital wing. When Peter has been successfully recruited he is to be released.”

Gabe nodded and took the thick chains from around Patrick’s body. I could only let the anguish wash through me as I saw Patrick, my Patrick, for what would likely be the last time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHHOOOO. Sad times. But I have a plan. Dont' worry.
Actually, not really.
Okay.
Rate and Review.
Pleases.
Note, I know the title is the name of a JB song. But its also the name of a Metro Station song. And even tho I don't like either of them, Metro Station is better than JB. So it's named after the Metro Station song. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Sign up to rate and review this story