Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

Decision Time's Up And Go

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-08 - Updated: 2009-02-08 - 1234 words

0Unrated
A/N: Sorry this took so long, but college is hard...ps thanks to my reviewers! i less than three you!!!!!

Decision Time’s Up And Go

“To me it seems like we only have one option.” Pete said. “Take them with us.”

“How will you make that work?” I asked skeptically, “You guys are up and out until all hours of the night, how do you expect this little girl and a baby to cope with that?”

“Get a nanny.” Joe said and five pairs of eyes turned to me.

“Lauren, would you?” Patrick asked.

Before I could answer Andy piped in, “We’ll pay you, and you’ll get to spend time with your brother.”

“I would have said yes anyway,” I said smiling. I noticed Krissy’s face fall and I got a great idea. “But what would you say to me requesting a co-nanny? We could switch off nights so we could have a chance to hang out with you guys and see shows?” Krissy’s face lit up, she knew what I was suggesting.

Boys however aren’t so clever, “Who did you have in mind?” Evan asked skeptically.

“Duh. Krissy,” I said.

Realization crossed their faces, “Ya.”

“That’s a good idea.”

“So does that work for everybody?” Patrick asked looking like a giant wait was lifted off his shoulders now this was settled. Everybody nodded.

Everybody went to bed one by one and soon only Pete, who was sleeping on the couch, Patrick and I were left.

“You realize there isn’t any room on the floor,” I said to Patrick as we walked down the hall.

“Shit…” he said stopping, “I’ll go sleep on the floor in the family room…”

“No that’s stupid. My bed is plenty big enough for me to sleep on one side and you to sleep on the other with a wall of pillows in between. Besides, why should you be the only one sleeping on the floor?”

“Are you sure its ok?”

“Ya,” I said grinning, “Its not like you’re gonna put the moves on me or anything.”

We were absolutely silent when we entered the room. After the wall was constructed I immediately went to sleep.

*******

The sound of a crying baby woke me up. It was still dark. I looked at the clock. 2:30 the blue green glow read. I stood up to go pick the baby up. He was hungry. I was just about to walk out of the room when Patrick came in with a bottle ready, “I figured this is what he wanted,” he whispered.

I fed the baby and began to rock him in the old rocking chair in my room. “Hey there kid,” a voice whispered, “He’s asleep.” I felt the weight of the baby being lifted out of my arms but I couldn’t manage to open my eyes. “Back to bed.” Patrick picked me up and laid me on my side of the bed.

Later I awoke to the laughter of a little girl. It was light, 7:30 according to my clock. Andy had Alison on the floor tickling her as Patrick changed the baby on the bed.

I pulled my red hair up and declared, “Bathtime!” I swooped Alison up and flew her to the bathroom where I turned on the tap. I tested the water and put her in the bath. I showed Patrick how to wash her hair and stuff, then left them to splash in the two inches of water in the tub while I went to get her clothes out of the dryer. After we dressed her I sat her down to breakfast with Pete who was scowling at the early morning. By the time I bathed the baby and brought him in the kitchen, Alison had Pete smiling.

I sat down after letting Joe take the baby to feed him, which seemed to be his favorite thing. “So today’s my day off and I was thinking we would go into town and do some shopping.” ‘and resign from my job’ I thought. “What do ya think?”

“Yay!” Alison sang, her eyes bright and sparkling.

Andy, Patrick, Pete, and I loaded the kids in the car and headed into town. We bought clothes and shoes. We went to the grocery store to buy two more days of food. Then we went to Sam’s to buy the stuff we needed in bulk. We got the biggest box of diapers you’ve ever seen, and baby wipes and other supplies. At the toy store Patrick was the image of a doting uncle. Alison would bring him something and it didn’t matter what it was, as long as it was appropriate, or how much it cost, he put it in the basket. We also bought play dough, jump ropes, and some educational stuff.

Then we stopped by my work. It was too hot to stay in the car so Patrick, Andy, and Pete took the kids to the ice cream store next door to work.

“Hello, Welcome to Color Me Mine.” Jess said not looking up from the order she was detailing.

“Its me Jess.”

“Oh, hey you’re not supposed to be here.”

“Is Christen here?”

“Ya she’s in the back.”

“Thanks.” I walked to the kiln room. “Hey Christen I need to talk to you.”

“What’s up honey?” she asked concerned.

“I have to quit…” I said a bit shamefully.

“Why?”

“Well you know my older brother Evan? Well the band he works with is in desperate need of a nanny and I’m their only choice. Otherwise these kids go into foster care.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” She said smiling sadly, “ But I think we both know that this job was never meant for forever, so you go and do what you need to do. If you need somewhere to come home to, we’ll always be here for you. When do you leave?”

“Two days.” I was in awe of her.

“Well then I’ll email you when your next paycheck comes in and you can tell me where to send it ok?”

“Alright.”

“Good luck, dear heart.” She said giving me a hug, “We’ll miss you.”

I almost cried. I left the kiln room to go say goodbye to Jess. “Hey girlie,” I said sitting next to her at a table. “I have some bad news.”

“What is it?” She asked, her voice panicked.

“Well the band Evan works with needs a full time nanny on tour, and they’ve asked me, and I’m going.”

“That’s sounds fun…” She trailed off looking out the windows in the front of the store. I turned to see.

There was Pete making funny face with Alison at me through the window. I laughed and waved them in.

“That’s who you’re going with?” Jess asked immediately recognizing Patrick, Pete, and Andy. When I nodded she exclaimed, “LUCKY!”

“Jess this is Pete, Patrick, and Andy, Evan’s their tour manager. And this is Alison and Collin, Patrick’s niece and nephew.”

Jess kept her cool. I was proud of her. “Its so cool to meet you.” And a few minutes, and autographs (hey she’s a big fan) later I hugged her goodbye and we left

*****
love it, hate it? as always, tell me about it =)
Sign up to rate and review this story