Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Geeks Collide (Ray Story)

Chapter 1

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Frank overhears something unexpected about his father's past.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-02-10 - Updated: 2009-02-10 - 1184 words

2Insightful
Frank’s POV*

I was laying upstairs in my bed listening to the Misfits with my headphones turned on low. I was waiting for Ray to pick me up because we were going to the mall. Mikey and I were so thankful when Ray and Gerard, Mikey’s older brother, got their licenses. It meant freedom for all of us. And that’s what I was now waiting for. Freedom from this boring house.

We are your typical American family living in Belleville. My dad, like his dad, is a drummer that plays at a lot of local clubs while my mom takes care of the house. I love them both dearly but they are boring as hell. She goes to Bingo every Tuesday night at the church and her days are spent doing whatever the Ladies Auxiliary does for the church.

The only excitement around here is when Mom ‘accidently’ forgets to take out something for supper and we have to get take out, or even better when there is a special occasion and we actually go out for dinner. I have to admit sneaking into clubs where either my dad or my granddad are playing is pretty cool too. But other than that, yeah you get the hint, BORING!!!

“I didn’t know Rosa was pregnant when I asked you out,” screamed my father.

My jaw dropped and I imagine my eyes popped out of my head because this isn’t anything I ever expected to be coming out of my parent’s mouths.

“Shhhh Frankie’s going to hear.”

“He’s got those god damn headphones on.”

“Frank, your language.”

I started laughing to myself, if she only knew how many times I’ve said fuck today, she would crawl in a hole and die.

“Linda, after I met you I didn’t want anyone else. I broke up with her the day after I met you. We never saw each other again. I honestly didn’t know.”

I tiptoed to the door and opened it a crack trying to listen to their conversation.

“So what are we going to do?” asked mom.

“Rosa’s dying, the kid will be put in a foster home. It’s her dying wish that we take her in.”

“Frank I don’t know she’s sixteen, what is she like?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go snooping and find out before we make a decision.”

“What’s her name again?”

“Angelina.” There was a long period of silence and then I heard my father speak again, “I’m sorry Lin.”

It was then I heard a knock on the front door. I looked at my alarm clock and it had to be Ray because it was fifteen minutes later then he said he would be over. Sure enough my father confirmed it, “Frank, the frizzy haired kid is here.”

“His name is Ray dad,” I said as I climbed down the stairs, still in a daze about the whole conversation. Then it really hits me somewhere out there I have a sister. Just the thought of it gives me the creeps.

“Frank I really don’t like you hanging out with those older boys,” said my dad. “They’re in college and you’re still in high school.”

“Dad they’re my friends, the only friends I got, besides Hambone.”

“Still they’re probably drinking all the time and doing all sorts of drugs.”

“Yeah dad we’re going to that special section of the mall where they can do all that.”

“Don’t have that attitude with me young man.”

“We’re not drinking and doing drugs.” Well today we’re not I thought to myself.

“Fine be home by five for supper.”

“I’m eating over Ray’s tonight.”

“Be home by five, we need to talk to you about something.”

I walked out of the house and Ray was sitting in his beat up 1993 red Cavalier, having a smoke.

“Is everything okay at home?” asked my frizzied hair friend with the oversized wired rim glasses. Ray is one of the nicest people I know

“My parents were fighting about something, I’ll tell you once we pick up Mikey and Gerard. I really don’t want to have to explain it twice.”

“No problem.”

The drive to Gerard’s and Mikey’s was pretty quiet with the exception of the Misfits Astro Zombies playing in the car. Ray got out and knocked while leaving me to my own thoughts. I started to wonder what my “sister” looked like, what she acted like. Suddenly I felt sorry for this person I never met, didn’t dad say her mother was dying? I don’t know what I would do if I lost my mom. She’s the glue that keeps the family together.

I watched as Ray disappeared into the house, I hope this wasn’t going to take long. I love Gee and Mikey like they were like my brothers but they’re such lazy fucks. I sat and listened to the cd player Ray had custom installed, while I waited. I started to drift into a lazy sleep when I heard the car door open.

“They need five more minutes, I had to wake Gee up and he desperately needed a shower. I told him he wasn’t getting in my car smelling like that.”

Soon after the door to the house opened and Mikey came out. Mikey is a year older than me, he’s taller than me, okay who isn’t, and thin as hell he has light brown hair, done up in something that looked like a brit-pop band from the eighties. The kid loves brit-pop. Finally Gee came out he had longish black hair with red streaks going through it. The four of us get strange looks whenever we go to the mall. Ray because he’s tall and looks like an uber geek, which he is, Mikey for his retro hairstyle, Gee because of the streaks in his hair, and me because of my dreads. I swear people think I’m gonna light up a bone right there in the mall. Crazy fucks.

We were all in the car when Ray turned to me, “We’re all here, so what happened at home?”

“I have a sister.”

“Fuck I didn’t even know your mom was pregnant,” said Mikey.

Gee hit him in the back of the head, “She wasn’t you dumbass.”

“Then how…” You could see the light go off in Mikey’s head, then his mouth dropped. “Oh my fucking god.”

I could see the look on Gee’s face knowing he wanted to ask the question, so I answered it for him. “Older. Not by much though, it seems dad left this chick Rosa for my mom. She was pregnant at the time.”

“That’s pretty heavy,” said Ray.

“That’s not all, this Rosa chick is dying and wants Mom and Dad to take the kid in.”

“Are they?” asked Gee.

“I’ll find out tonight at five.”
Sign up to rate and review this story