Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Geeks Collide (Ray Story)

Chapter 2

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Angelina spends some time with her best friend, but soon her whole life changes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-02-11 - Updated: 2009-02-12 - 1543 words

3Moving
Angelina’s POV

“Thanks for bringing me out here Bobby. I needed this,” I smiled at my best friend in the whole world. He has been here for me every step of the way. We’re just two peas in a pod. Recently his parents split and his dad threw him and his mother out so he could d move in his secret family. Bobby found out the hard way he has a half brother and sister. He went from a luxury apartment in the city to a dump of a house in Jersey. We still talk, IM and text every day, but nothing beats having his arms around me assuring me everything is going to be okay.

“No problem Angie, I wish I didn’t live so far away right now.”

“It wasn’t that bad of a drive was it?”

“To see you again, nah.”

Bobby was a husky guy, he was going to be eighteen and a senior. We had already planned to go to his prom. Bobby and I are on no one’s party list, him being a band geek and overweight and me well, let’s say I’m not winning any beauty contests. Bobby says I’m beautiful but he’s my best friend and therefore it makes him biased. You see I have long black hair that I always wear in braids, thick glasses that hide my putrid hazel eyes and braces to top it all off. They’re getting removed next week though. Three long years of my life being teased endlessly will finally end.

“We can still go to each other’s proms, right?” I asked.

“Of course Angie, unless you find someone better than me.”

“No one’s better than you.” More like who the hell would ask me out.

We walked by a comic book store and I nearly freaked out, “Bobby, look, in the window. Avengers Annual #10, the first appearance of Rogue.”

Bobby just laughed at me. He just wasn’t into comics as I was. He liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Eastman and Laird however I think he actually was more into the cartoon on TV then the comic. Me I love them both.

“Can I go in here Bobby, please?”

“Yeah I guess so, I want to go to the music store. I’ll meet you by the food court in say half an hour, then we’ll grab something to eat and I’ll get you back before visiting hours are over.”

“Thanks Bobby you’re the best.”

I watched as he took off, I went in the comic book store and bought the issue I had been dying for. I found a bench and started to read, I wondered why I hadn’t heard from my mom all day. Probably drugged up, I pulled out my cell to let her know Bobby and my plans. When I noticed it was off. I shut if off when I’m home the only people who have that number is my mom, Bobby and Caroline my mom’s friend I’m staying with for now. I turned it on and there were voice messages, four to be exact.

“Angie honey,” the voice said “Your mom’s taking a turn for the worse, you need to get to the hospital right away.” It was Caroline. There were two more from her. The last one was from my mom. “My precious angel when you get this come to the hospital I need to tell you something. I love you and see you soon. Tell Bobby I said hi.” I started to cry her voice sounded so weak. I needed to get back to New York now. I stood up and started heading to the music store, all the while texting Bobby through my tears, typing that we had to leave now. I never noticed the four boys running around until one of them smashed straight into me, it sent my cell flying into the air and crashing down. I looked at the present my mom had just given me for my birthday on the ground in pieces.

“You fucking moron,” I cried out.

“I’m sorry I’ll get you a new one,” said the tall frizzied hair boy with the round glasses.

“I don’t want a new one I want that one.”

“I’m really sorry it was an accident.”

It was then I heard Bobby’s voice, “What the fuck you doing to her?”

“I accidentally bumped into her and she dropped her cell phone.”

“Bumped? You smashed into me.”

That was all Bobby had to hear and he punched the guy in the face.

He turned to me, “Let’s get out of here. I fucking hate Jersey.”

“Bobby I think you over reacted a little.”

“I’m sorry Angie, Caroline called me and said your mom only has a few hours left. We need to get back to the city. I know one of the guys there he’s in a few of my classes, I’ll talk to the guy I hit.”

It was then that I realized I left my cell phone back at the mall along with my mother’s text messages and voice messages. I was saving all of them to replay when I really miss her. Bobby knew this and maybe that’s why he punched the kid. I’ll probably never hear her voice again. Maybe Bobby didn’t overreact. He’s always looking out for me.

Ray’s POV

“Fuck that hurt. Did any one get the plate number off the truck that just hit me?”

I wiped my nose and there was blood on my hand, I hope it wasn’t broken but I knew from the pain I was in it had to be. I looked down at the cell still sitting there it didn’t look so bad maybe I can get my dad to help me fix it. Now if only I knew how to get in contact with her.

“His name is Bob Bryar, he just moved here from somewhere in New York, he’s in a couple of my classes,” said Mikey. “Usually he’s quiet and shy but I guess you messed with his girl.”

“Well if you guys hadn’t been chasing me.”

“Come on give me the keys, we’ll get you to the hospital,” said Gerard.

I picked up the pieces of the phone and put them in the bag with the video game guide I bought.

Angelina’s POV

We got to the hospital and there was my mother just laying there she looked so weak, she had a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) so the staff would not be taking any life saving measures. The only things that were hooked up to her was a heart monitor and an IV with morphine to help with the pain.

“Hi mom,” I went over and held her hand.

“Is Bobby still with you?”

“Yeah.”

“Good,” she barely whispered.

“I need to tell you something, something important.”

“Sure Mom,” I said with tears streaming down my eyes.

“I made arrangements for you to be taken care of when I go.”

I started crying not even wanting to think that she was never coming home again.

“I never told you but your father is alive, and I want you to live with him.”

“What?” Can you be angry at a dying person? “You told me he was dead. Was he just an ass that walked out on us? If that’s the case I don’t want to live with him.”

“He never knew I was pregnant. At one time we were in love then we fell out and stayed in the relationship way too long. I was relieved when he broke up with me. Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Shortly after you were born I was going to tell him, but one day I saw him in the neighborhood with his very pregnant wife. He looked so happy and I couldn’t destroy his happiness.”

“What about mine? All this time I had a real father. Not just ones that would stay a few months or even a few years, but one who was actually related to me? Who might evened have cared about me?”

“I’m sorry.”

“I hate you Mom,” I walked out the door and there was Bobby. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. Suddenly I heard a beep and doctors and nurses rushed past us into my mother’s room. She was convulsing and I heard my voice screaming,”No!! I’m sorry Mom I was upset I love you. Don’t die, please I need you. I don’t need a father I need you. Please!!!”

Bobby held me as we watched her take her last breath. I looked into the blue eyes of my best friend. “Do you think she heard me?”

“I know she did.”

I reached into my pocket to grab my cell and listen to her voice, because I miss her already when I remembered that it was gone. If I ever see that guy again I’ll finish the job that Bobby started.
Sign up to rate and review this story