Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

Two little boys.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Grace finally gets what she's been waiting for.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-02-15 - Updated: 2009-02-15 - 2497 words

0Unrated
I love getting your reviews and feedback so keep it coming!!!!!
**************************************

‘Grace!’ Mrs. Urie yelled as she spotted her daughter in law walking towards the baggage claim.

‘Hey.’ Grace smiled.

‘How was your flight?’ she asked hugging Grace.

‘It was long.’ She smiled.

‘How is my son?’

‘He’s good, really stressed but good.’

‘Good to hear.’

‘Yeah.’ Grace smiled as she pulled her Prada suitcase off the belt before following Brendon’s mom out to the car.

‘Okay so here is the deal with this woman. Her name is Angela. She is 34 years old. She had Caleb and Chase when she was 31. Their father, Michael, left right after the boys were born. She has Hepatitis B and she’s in her final stages. She’s been hospitalized for the past week and I’ve been taking care of the boys for the past week since they came home from her friends. The thing is she asked me if I would become their legal guardians. I told her that I would love to but that Boyd and I aren’t as young as we used to be but that I knew a newly married couple that was having a hard time conceiving a child. I told her it was Brendon and she jumped at the chance.’

‘Oh my, that is so sad.’

‘There are two boys: Chase Matthew and Caleb James. Both of them are very, very sweet boys.’

‘Can I meet her?’

‘We’re going to the hospital right now.’ Brendon’s mom smiled.

‘Can we stop and buy her flowers or something?’

‘Of course we can sweetheart. She’s very excited to meet you.’ Grace smiled as they continued on their journey. She had a good feeling about this one.

‘Angie?’ Brendon’s mom called as she walked into the hospital room in front of Grace.

‘Hi sweetheart.’ The woman smiled. Grace walked into the room and smiled as she saw a beautiful woman lying in the hospital bed.

‘Hi honey, how are you feeling?’

‘I’m okay? Is this her?’ she asked.

‘Yes, this is Brendon’s wife Grace.’

‘Hi.’ Angela smiled.

‘Hi. I brought these for you.’ Grace said, unable to think of what to say as she handed the woman the bouquet of pink roses, ‘Brendon always brings me pink roses so I figured I would bring you some too.’

‘They are beautiful. Thank you honey.’

‘You’re welcome.’

‘So Grace, tell me about your situation, not being able to have children. I got an invite to your wedding but for obvious reasons I didn’t make it.’ Grace nodded as Brendon’s mom rolled a stool over for her to sit on.

‘That’s alright, we understand. It’s kind of a long story.’ Grace said as she sat down.

‘Well sweetie, I’m not going anywhere.’

‘When I was 19, three of my girlfriends and I went out on a Friday night. We went to dinner and then to see a movie. When we were driving home, we were hit by a drunk driver. All three of my friends were killed but I lived. I had massive head trauma, internal bleeding, and so on but I pulled through it. I met Brendon; we dated for a while and then got engaged and got married last month. We’ve been talking about having a baby for a while but wanted to wait until we were married to start trying. So after we got back from our honeymoon I went to the doctor and that’s when I found out that I only had a 10% chance of every having a baby.’ Grace said as tears welled up in her eyes.

‘Sweetheart, I’m so sorry. Has Brendon been supportive?’

‘Brendon has been amazing. He’s such a great husband, I couldn’t have asked for any one better.’

‘Well Grace has told me a lot about you and Brendon. I’ve known Brendon for a very long time, since he was a tiny little bitty boy.’

‘That’s what he said.’

‘The thing is Grace, I’m dying, I know that I don’t have much time left and I can’t be okay with that until I know that my two sons are going to be well taken care of. I need someone who will take care of them and loved them as much as I do. Grace told me that you and Brendon were going to look into adoption but I would be able to rest in peace knowing that you two had my boys.’ Grace had tears in her eyes as she let them roll down her cheeks. ‘Will you be willing to adopt my babies?’

‘When I found out that I couldn’t have children, it was the worst day of my life. I thought my life was over. I thought that my husband was going to leave me and I was going to live alone as a lonely woman for the rest of my life.’

‘Grace I know what it’s like to want something so badly and then to find out you can’t have it and I know my two boys will never be yours biologically but I need to know that they are with someone who wants them.’

‘I would love nothing more than to adopt your boys.’ Grace said as she held her hand. Angela smiled as she shed her own tears.

After three hours of sitting in the hospital room talking there was a soft knock on the door before a younger man walked into the room followed by two three year old boys. ‘Hi boys.’ Angela said as her smiled brightened just a little bit.

‘Hi mommy.’ The blonde one said. Grace smiled as she looked at the two boys. Chace was going to be a little heart breaker. He had clean-cut, short, platinum blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, and fair skin-just like Grace’s and a smile that could melt the coldest of hearts. He was a little trouble maker, yet charming at the same time. Chace was definitely going to be the one to give Brendon and Grace a run for their money. He would prove to have a lot of similar qualities to Brendon. He would share his energy levels as well as his charm and arrogance with his soon to be adoptive father. Caleb on the other hand was a little different. Just like Chace, Caleb was one of the most beautiful children Grace had ever seen. He had the same hair as his brothers with the exception of it being thicker and dark brown. He had big, sad, beautiful brown eyes, pouty lips, and his skin was a little more colored than Chace’s. Caleb was quiet, sweet, and well-mannered, just like Grace. Funny thing about him though was that he could actually pass as Brendon’s biological child with the same lips and the same eyes as Brendon.

‘Hey boys.’ She called as both boys climbed up onto the bed, ‘Do you remember mommy telling you about how she was going to go up to heaven soon and she was going to find you a new mommy and daddy to live with?’

‘Yes ma’am.’ Caleb answered.

‘This is going to be your new mommy.’ Angela said looking over at Grace and winking.

‘That’s our new mommy?’ Chace asked.

‘She sure is. She’s going to start taking care of you with your new daddy Brendon. Do you think that will be okay?’

‘Mommy, she’s pretty just like you.’ Caleb said.

‘She is very pretty. Will you two promise to be good for her?’

‘Mommy what is going to happen to you?’

‘I’m going to go up to heaven and watch over you every day and every night.’

‘So you’ll be able to see us?’

‘All the time.’ She smiled.

‘Do you promise?’

‘I pinky promise.’ Angela smiled. Grace had tears rolling down her eyes as Brendon’s mom reached over and held her hand. ‘Do you promise to be good for your new mommy and daddy?’

‘We promise.’ Chace said as Caleb agreed.

‘I want you to be nice to them and respect them. Do you remember what that means?’

‘Yes ma’am.’ Caleb answered again.

‘I don’t want you two to be sad when I’m gone okay because Grace and Brendon are going to take care of you and they are going to love you just like I do.’

‘So we’re going to have a daddy?’

‘You sure are.’ She smiled.

‘Whoa! We’ve never had one of does before.’ Chace said excitedly.

‘Well you’re going to have one now. You’re going to have so much fun with him, he’s a fun guy.’ She smiled.

‘Can we still miss you mommy?’

‘Of course you can honey but I don’t want you to miss me too much because you have to love your new mommy and daddy.’

‘Okay mommy, we lub you.’ Caleb said as he and Chace hugged their mom.

‘I love you two sweethearts.’ Angela said as tears rolled down her eyes as well. Grace watched the scene unfold in front of her as her own tears rolled down her cheeks. She had never been so touched in her entire life. She had her work cut out for her just to fill the shoes of the mother they were about to lose and become the mother that they were about to gain, for Grace it was one of the greatest days of her life.

*

‘So we’re going to go to your house now?’ Chace asked as he held one of Grace’s hands while Caleb held the other.

‘Yeah, we’re going to get you two some pajamas and then we’re going to go to my house.’

‘Is our new daddy there?’

‘No, not yet, he won’t be here for about another week.’

‘Where is he?’

‘He is in a place called Germany right now.’

‘How come?’

‘Because he is singing’

‘He sings?’ Chace asked.

‘He sure does.’

‘Singing is for girls, is he a girl?’

‘No, he’s a boy.’ Grace chuckled.

‘Oh…otay.’ Chace said as Grace opened the door to her range rover.

‘We’ll get your car seats when we get over to your house okay?’

‘Okay.’ Caleb said as he crawled in, in front of Chace.

‘Hey honey.’ Grace smiled as she answered Brendon’s call on the way to the boy’s house.

‘So what’s gong on?’

‘Well, I have two very adorable little boys in the back seat of my car so I can’t go into great detail at the moment.’

‘Does she want us to adopt them? Did you talk to her?’

‘I did. She does. She wants to know that they are with someone who will love them and care for them just like she would. She was very adamant about that.’

‘So what are we supposed to do now?’

‘Adopt them.’

‘We’re going to have two little boys?’

‘Yeah, Brendon they are gorgeous.’

‘What are their names?’

‘Chace Matthew and Caleb James.’

‘I can’t wait to meet them.’

‘You’re going to love them Beary.’

‘I know I will; I can’t wait to see you again. I miss you already.’

‘I miss you too.

‘Just a week.’

‘Yes, just a week.

‘I love you baby.’

‘I love you too Beary, come home to me soon.’

‘I will baby.’

‘Alright, I gotta get these two to sleep. I’ll call you later okay?’

‘Get some sleep baby, I’ll call you soon.’

‘Alright, I love you.’

‘I love you too baby, sweet dreams.’

‘Bye Beary.’ Grace hung up the phone as she pulled into the parking lot of a small apartment complex.

‘Here we are boys.’ Grace smiled. Caleb and Chace unbuckled their seats belts waiting for Grace to open the doors for them. ‘Run and pick out your favorite pajamas and what you want to sleep with okay?’

‘Otay.’ Caleb said as he followed Chace back to their small bedroom. Grace smiled as she looked around. It was definitely the house of two little boys. She couldn’t wait for her house to be filled with toys and laughter that came with having two little boys. She was in love already.

‘Mommy Gracie, can we bring our teddies?’ Caleb asked.

‘Of course you can baby.’ She smiled. Caleb ran back into his room before they both came out carrying a pair of pajamas. Grace walked into the room thinking it best to get them some clothes and such.

After Grace had packed up the stuff they would need for a couple of days, she grabbed their car seats, before the walked back down to her car.

It was a short drive from their small apartment to Grace and Brendon’s larger house. ‘Where are we going to sleep?’ Chace asked as they walked into the house with Brendon’s mom behind.

‘Well you two can sleep in my bed tonight and then we’ll go and buy you some furniture and stuff soon so you can have your own room.

‘Are you going to be okay tonight with them?’

‘Yeah, I’ll be fine. They are tired.’

‘Alright well if you need anything at all honey just give me a call. I’m right down the road. I’ll come over early in the morning and help you with breakfast and everything.’

‘Thank you.’ Grace smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek.

‘Sweetie, you have nothing to thank me for, you and my son deserve these two angels.’

‘Okay.’ Grace smiled before Brendon’s mom turned on her heels and started out of the house.

‘Come on let’s get you two ready for bed.’ Grace said as she picked up their bags taking them up the stairs with her.

‘Mommy Gracie, are you going to go to bed too?’ Chace as the two boys laid in Grace and Brendon’s big bed, tucked in and ready to bed.

‘Yes Sugar, I’m going to brush my teeth and get ready for bed too.’ She said.

‘Is that our new daddy?’ Caleb asked as she looked at one of the pictures on the wall. Grace walked over and looked at the picture of Brendon.

‘Yeah, that’s your new daddy.’

‘What’s his name?’

‘His name is Brendon.’

‘That’s a funny name.’

‘He’s a funny guy.’

‘Will he like us?’

‘Baby, he’ll love you.’ She smiled.

Grace finished getting ready for bed before she walked over and crawled into the bed with the two little boys. She slept right in between them with both of them cuddled up next to her. Grace was so happy just to feel their small bodies next to hers. This is what she’d always wanted: a beautiful home, an amazing husband, and a family.
Sign up to rate and review this story