Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pour Voir est de Croire

Chapter 1

by Humanoid 1 review

Andy 'The Butcher' Mrotek story! The Anatomy front woman, Aubrey Nichole, doesn't want a relationship. Her career comes first. With a little help from her friends, and maybe a big shove from her ba...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-18 - Updated: 2009-11-11 - 2411 words

0Unrated
Hello everyone. Thank you so much for having an interest in my story! First of all, I'd like to post my character pictures. I made them on Meez.com. I've never seen anyone else do that, so I figured I'd try it out.

"Aubrey Nichole":http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/765/aubreynicholehd3.png
"Jake Forrte":http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9783/jakeforrteds7.png
"Shaun Hess":http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4217/shaunhessnh7.png
"Tosh Mesos":http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5414/toshmesosbg8.png


Now that you know what the beloved characters look like, let's get on with the story =]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I breathed deeply and exhaled as the producer started the countdown until airtime. The light on camera one turned on and the host started his monologue.

"Welcome back to Steven's Untitled Rock Show. Now, usually we have a full band on the couch, but today we're with the one girl special enough to rep on her own. Of course I am talking about The Anatomy's lovely Aubrey Nichole. What's up??' I smiled at Steven.

"Special and lovely? I'm flattered." We both laughed. Steven was probably one of the only show hosts that the band could stand. He wasn't stuffy or trying to pretend to be our friend. He was the same on and off screen. We liked that about him. He also didn't ask the same generic questions that every other interviewer always asked.

"Now of course, the first thing we have to ask is where are Shaun, Jake, and Tosh?"

"Well, a couple of them just bought new houses so they're still settling in, seeing family, that sort of thing. We also leave for our tour in, like, two days, so..."

"Ah, busy preparing?"

"Something like that." The thought made me laugh. There was no way my boys would ever be busy preparing for anything.

"Alright then." He turned back to the camera. "Aubrey will be with us for the remainder of the hour, so sit tight while we show you the All-American Rejects 'Move Along'." The producer signaled a cut and the cameras went off. Two people from the makeup department came over to touch both of us up while the producer came to speak with us.

"Okay, that was a nice take, we're gunna send it to print. Next we're going to have you answer some of the fan submitted questions," He handed a small stack of paper to me, "and then premiere your new video. Any questions?" I shook my head. He turned to Stephen to talk about generic hosting things. I thumbed through the stack and picked a couple of the questions, then took two without reading them. Steven was ultimately the one that got to pick which he read, but at least I had an idea of what was coming. When all was said and done, places were called, and we were ready to do my favorite part of interviews.

"That was 'Move Along' and now we're moving right along to ask Aubrey some of your submitted questions." He turned to me. "Ready?"

"As ready as I can be." We laughed and he started to read the first one.

"Okay, this one comes from BrittyBoo998..." He looked at the camera. "Send your real names, people!" We laughed.

“I like Brittyboo!!”

"You would." I rolled my eyes and he continued. "Brittyboo asks, 'What is the craziest thing a fan has done to meet you?' "

"Hmm...I'm not sure there's been too many crazy things. Um...oh! Okay, there was one time when we were playing in, I think Dallas, and there were a group of girls outside of the bus that had made fake backstage passes and were arguing with security." Steven laughed.

"How did that end?"

"Well Tosh and I walked off to see who was yelling and the girls immediately stopped fighting. Personally, I was kinda flattered that they'd try that hard to meet all of us, so we called Shaun and Jake off the bus and hung out for a while. Crazy move, but they were really sweet."

"Now you're going to have people making fake passes at every show for saying that."

"Probably!"

"Okay next question. This one comes from Jaylynn P. 'Who are your celebrity crushes?'"

I smiled sheepishly. "I've always sort of had a thing for Neil Patrick Harris." Everyone in the studio laughed. "But, seriously, I don't think I really have any crushes. My life is too busy for dating, anyway." Steven smirked at me.

"Come on! We wanna hear about your secret Alex Gaskarth or Brad Pitt fantasies!" I laughed.

"Isn't Brad Pitt married?"

"A girl can dream, Aubrey. Alright, we have one last question. This one is from Jayson California. He wants to know how fame has changed your life and if there's anything you miss from before you hit it big?"

"Well, I'm not like, Paris Hilton, or something, so I don't get bothered too much in public. When I do though, I think it's sort of cool. For the most part, the people that will walk up to me in public are pretty calm and normal. I can't speak for the rest of the band though.”

"And is there anything you miss from your former life?"

"My mom's home-cooked meals. Her side of the family is Italian so she makes the best food."

"Hm, I'll have to swing by for dinner then."



----------------------------------------------------

I emerged through the door of Fuse studios and was met by the car that would be bringing me back to the Sheraton. I got in and fished around in my bag for my cell phone. I saw that I had a couple missed calls (one from my mom, the other from Shaun) and quite a few texts. The first one was from Shaun, telling me that he tried to call and that he couldn't find his suitcase. The next text was from him also, saying never mind, he had found it in his closet. It amazed me how smart that boy could be sometimes. The next was from my other best friend, Ashlee Simpson (now Wentz), telling me that her and Pete were in the city and that we should get together for lunch. I texted her back right away. Every time we were in the city together, we always went to the same little hole in the wall cafe. The last text in my phone was from an unknown number, I didn’t even bother to read it. My rule was if your number was missing from my cell phone, it was probably for a good reason.

The car pulled up to the front of the hotel. I got out and walked into the lobby. I nodded at the girl sitting behind the front desk and proceeded over to the elevators. I pushed the button to call the lift and stood, tapping my foot softly to the beat of whatever song was playing faintly in the background of the lobby noise. Considering it was the middle of the day, the lobby was mostly empty, save for me, a couple bellhops, and a familiar ponytail of dreadlocks hiding behind an upside down copy of People. I walked over quietly and stood in front of the man in question. He slowly raised his head above the pages, a familiar grin spread across his face. "Aubrey! I was going to surprise you!" In one swift motion he stood, discarded the magazine, and engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Tosh, dear....Aubrey can't breathe." He let go and I pretended to gasp for air.

"Oh come on, Bree, I missed you!" I rolled my eyes.

"Toshy, I was gone for like...a day. You should've came to the taping! They asked all the really hard questions!"

"Like what? What kind of eyeliner you use?"

Tosh Mesos was, in one word, a character. He was the fun one of our group. Not to say the rest of us weren't, but spend five minutes with Tosh and everyone else just seems, well....boring. Because of his love of going out and 'having adventures', Tosh was also labeled the player of the band. He wasn't a 'settler', as he put it. In fact, in the 18 years I've known him, Tosh has never had a serious girlfriend. Not that he couldn't have one, trust me, I've watched my fair share of girls beg and plead, but Tosh just wasn't a one woman type of guy. Needless to say, it kept our friendship interesting.

We carried on our playful teasing all the way into the elevator. I pulled out my room card and slid it into the slot. One of the perks of being a rock star? Penthouse suits. We stepped off the elevator and into my swank, temporary living room.

"Nice digs, Bree." He flopped down on the couch, putting his nasty boots up on the coffee table.

"Hey hey hey! The cleaning crew worked hard to make that shine!" I sat down next to him and pushed his feet off the table. "The couch reclines. Use that." He rolled his eyes at me and stuck his feet back up on the table. I sighed, but didn't press the issue. "So, why the surprise? Not that I mind....I just, ya' know....have plans." This statement made his eyes sparkle.

"Plans with.....a guy?"

"No." I said curtly.

"Oh. Well then tell Ash I said hello!" I sighed.

"Why don't you just come with me? I'm sure Pete has better things to do than listen to us girls talk about shoes and handbags..."

"Yeah, why not? When are we going?" I checked my phone.

"An hour. I'm gunna jump in the shower. Try not to break anything." I handed Tosh the remote and walked into my bedroom. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a black tank top out of my luggage (I never bothered with unpacking in hotels) and proceeded into the bathroom.

About half an hour later, Tosh and I were back in the company car and on our way to the cafe. When we got there, we were informed that Pete and Ashlee were already there and waiting for us. The host led us back to our secluded table and before I knew it, I was being attacked for the second time that day.

"Aubrey! I missed you so much!" Ashlee let go of me, grinning.

"I missed you too!" I looked down and rubbed her now six months pregnant belly. "Both of you." I turned to the grinning man beside her. "And you daddy!" Tosh and I switch spots (he has previously been saying his hello to Pete) and I gave Pete and big hug. We all sat at the table and gave our waitress drink orders.

"I'm loving the new hair, Bree. The little stripes are so cute!" Almost immediately the guys started to chat about who knows what. For two men that cared about almost nothing but their appearance, they were always the first to run from a fashion conversation between the girls.

"Thanks. I, uh...got bored." I smiled shyly. "So how are things? I feel like we never have time to talk anymore."

"Everything has been great. Pete's been crazy trying to get the nursery together and trying to keep me from doing anything." I laughed.

"Like that's possible. I've never seen you do less than a hundred miles and hour." Ashlee smiled.


"So what about you? Aside from the Fall tour, I mean. Seeing anybody?" Her eyes sparkled, as if there was more to her question than she let on. I raised my eyebrow at her, but answered the question anyway.

"Well, I did Steven's show today, I have an interview tomorrow with Blender, and no." Our waitress came back with our drinks and we all quickly ordered. Considering this was our favorite spot, none of us had to look at the menu. We always got the same meal. I was hoping that by the time she had left, Ashlee would've forgotten my answer and moved on. Sadly, I was wrong.

"Well, you know, Brendon's been asking about you." She smiled as if this was news that I'd like to hear. I must've frowned because her spirits seemed to drop. I sighed.

"Ash, he's a nice kid, but...."

"Why don't you just give him a shot? Just one. If you still aren't into him then we'll all leave you alone about it."

For that last year or so just about everyone had been trying to convince me that Brendon Urie is someone I should date. Now, it's not that he isn't adorable or a good person, I'm just really not interested at this point in my life. I'm twenty-two years old and have the greatest job in the world that doesn't allow me to slow down. Right now, a relationship is something that I don't want nor need. Unfortunately, my friends think I'm full of it.

I looked at Ashlee and sighed, obviously defeated. "Fine. One date." She smiled and nudged Pete, telling him that I agreed. Pete flashy me a big smile.

"He's gunna be so stoked."

Tosh looked at me, confused. I gave him a weak smile and he seemed to understand what had just happened.

Our food came and we ate with gentle conversation in between bites. We all shared a huge dessert, paid the bill, and escorted each other out to our respective cars. While giving our hugs goodbye, Pete mentioned some kind of karaoke contest at Angels and Kings.

"It would be pretty cool if you would come and judge, Aubrey. And of course, all drinks on the house for you guys." He smirked when Tosh and I both agreed that we'd go. "Great! so We'll see you at 11." We all got into our respective cars and left.

On the way back to the hotel, I expected Tosh to give me some sort of lecture about how I need to stick up for myself and not give in to people just to make them happy. Instead, he turned to me, smiled and said, "I think you and Brendon are a good idea."

"Er...what?" He squeezed my hand and smiled.

"Bree, you're a wonderful person, but most of the time, you can't see what's right in front of you."


tbc.....

So what do you all think so far? Feel free to leave me some reviews. I promise Andy will be coming up soon =]

- Humanoid
Sign up to rate and review this story