Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Your Call

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 2 reviews

Patrick and Skyler talk on the phone for awhile, mostly a filler chapter damn writers block =/

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-19 - Updated: 2009-02-19 - 1006 words

-1Cliche
Two days later

Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Andy had arrived at the venue they were playing at that night. They brought their instruments and equipment inside from their van. Afterwards they did their usual sound check before the show.

Patrick finished up early so he headed to the green room and sat on one of the couches. He took out his phone and decided to call Skyler. He dialed the number on his arm that was only vaguely there. He had trouble figuring out if one of the numbers was a 1 or a 7 so he went for the latter.

“Hello?” Came a voice from the other side.

“Hey, Skyler? It’s Patrick.” He said into the phone.

“Oh hey, Patrick, what’s up?”

“Not much just finished sound check for tonight show and thought I’d give you a call. What about you? What have you been up to lately?”

“Not much here either, just the usual school and unreasonable amounts of homework.”

“Wow, I sure am thankful I don’t have to go to school anymore.” Patrick said.

“Yeah you’re lucky, and I will be too after next month.” She said with pride in voice.

“Awesome.” He said.

They talked on the phone for a while longer. Then everyone was starting to finish up their sound checks and warm ups. The first one to walk in was Pete.

“Hey, Patr-- ” Pete started to say, before he saw Patrick was talking on his phone.

Pete stayed in the room to listen to their conversation being the eaves dropper he is.

“Okay, well I’m going to go now, it looks like the guys are starting to finish up.” Patrick said, even though he really didn’t want to hang up.

“Yeah I have homework to finish as well, so… bye…” Skyler said. "Oh, and good luck tonight with your concert."

“Thanks, it should be a good show... Well, bye.” Patrick replied and hung up. “Pete, you know you really shouldn’t eaves drop on other people’s conversations right?”

“Yeah, there’s a lot of things that I shouldn’t do, but does that stop me?”

“Yeah, I guess not.” Patrick said. “So is everyone else done too?”

“We are now.” Joe and Andy said as they walked into the room.


*

Skyler was doing her homework, or at least trying to before Patrick had called. Now he was all she could think about. For some reason he just made her heart flutter every time she saw him or even when he spoke to her it made her heart feel like it would pop right out of her chest. She liked the feeling, it felt nice to be wanted, or at least close to it.

*

That night near the end of the concert, right before they were going to play "Saturday", Patrick wanted to play an acoustic song for the crowd.

"Okay, so umm... yeah... I'm going to play "Grand Theft Autumn" for you before we end the show. I hope everyone had a good time." The crowd cheered loudly. "Okay, so I'm going to dedicate this song to a girl who I met a few days ago, we've become good friends..." Patrick started to say, but then stopped. "Okay, so yeah..." He said and started to play.

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman,
Maybe he won't find out what I know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town...

When I wake up,
I`m willing to take my chances on the hope that I forget,
That you hate him more than you notice,
I wrote this for you, for you,
So, you need him, I could be him,
I could be an accident but im still trying
And thats more than I can say for him

Where is you boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman,
And maybe he wont find out what i know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town

Someday I will appriciate in value,
Get off my ass and call you,
But in the mean time I will support my brand new fashion,
By waking up with pants on at four in the afternoon
So, you need him, I could be him,
I could be an accident but I'm still trying
And thats more than I can say for him

Where is you boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman,
And maybe he wont find out what I know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman,
And maybe he won't find out what I know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman,
And maybe he won't find out what I know,
You were the last good thing about this part of town...



Okay, so I know I just uploaded another chapter the other day, so I’m not surprised no ones reviewed the other chapter yet, but I just wanted to say that I’m going to be starting another fic. I will still be working on this one, but I’ve got a bit of writers block haha (that’s why this chapter is super short), its too soon writers block isn’t it?

Okay so I have two different ideas for a new fic, and I’m going to ask you which you would rather read. Would you rather read a high school fic? Or a present day fic? I’ve already written the first chapter for each of them, I just need to know which one sounds more interesting. Umm… if it makes a difference the high school one is a romance w/Pete and the present day one is a romance w/Patrick both in third person. Or… if you don’t mind bad Peterick fics I try and do one of those lol. Whichever you guys want, the decision is yours =]
Sign up to rate and review this story