Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Goodbye (for now)

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 0 reviews

They say their goodbyes, but are they final?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-15 - Updated: 2009-02-15 - 1356 words

-1Cliche
There was hardly any room in the backseat because of all the equipment. So the three of them were in the center row that only had room for 2 people at most. Patrick got in first and sat next to the window, then Joe got in afterwards.

“Uhh… guy’s there’s no room, so maybe I’ll just…” Skyler started, but then Patrick cut her off.

“No, no c’mon we’ll make room.”

“Yeah, I’ll just sit on Patty’s lap” Joe said, everyone thought he was kidding until he actually did get up and sit on top of Patrick.

“Get off of me.” Patrick said while pushing Joe back onto the seat.

“Why don’t the two love birds sit together?” Pete suggested and turned around with a huge smirk on his face and laughed as he saw Patrick’s and Skyler’s face turn pink at the same time.

“Okay whatever just sit down so that we could drop her off and get to the hotel!” Andy yelled, tired from the long day; it also might have had something do with the fact that it was now 1:30 a.m.

“Um… okay…” Skyler mumbled, getting in and climbing over Joe to sit on Patrick’s lap. “I hope I’m not too heavy.” She said, her face still pink.

“Not at all.” Patrick assured her with a smile.

Skyler leaned back on the inside of the van against the window, getting comfortable.

“Okay, tell me how to get to your house…” Andy started, and then waited for a name. Skyler hadn’t realized that Andy and Pete didn’t even know her name yet, she completely forgot.

“Oh, my name’s Skyler you can just call me Sky though.” She said and then told Andy how to get to her house.

Repositioning herself just a little bit, she let out a yawn and leaned her head on Patrick’s shoulder and closed her eyes. Just a few seconds later, she was sleeping. She didn’t mean to fall asleep on Patrick, but he was comfy.

Patrick could feel the blood rush to his face again. He didn’t move though, he thought she looked so peaceful asleep, so he let her sleep.

Joe noticed the scene that was being created right next to him and nudged Patrick in the side. Patrick looked at him puzzled as to what he could possibly want, but he was also relieved because he was starting to fall asleep himself.

“Is she sleeping?” Joe asked.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure.” Patrick replied.

Joe just nodded

Andy must have not known she was sleeping because he was asking her if this was the right street, and naturally he go no reply.

“Sky?” Andy repeated for a third time. Pretty much everyone else was asleep too, so there was no one to tell Andy that she was in fact, sleeping. He continued on, driving up to a house at what he thought were the right directions. He put the car in Park and turned in his seat to shake her awake, but he made a mistake and accidently shook Patrick awake instead. “Sorry.” Andy said.

“No it’s fine.” Patrick said stretching his arms out as much as possible in the small van. “Is this her house?”

“If I followed the directions correctly.” Andy confirmed.

Patrick shook Skyler gently, trying to wake her. “Sky,” Patrick whispered, “We’re at your house, wake up.”

Soon her eyes fluttered open and she examined the van she was in, trying to remember where she was. Soon it all came back to her and she realized she had fallen asleep on Patrick.

“Okay, sorry.” She mumbled.

“For what?” Patrick asked, wondering what she had to be sorry for or if she was just tired.

“For falling asleep on you, I didn’t mean to, I guess I was more tired than I thought.” She said.

“Yeah, sure, no it’s fine. I hardly noticed you were there and actually fell asleep myself.” He chuckled. “I’m just surprised that you were able to fall asleep sitting on me, you must have been super tired.”

“No,” It was her turn to chuckle, “You’re just really comfy.” She said with a tired smile. Of course she was tired, but she wasn’t lying when she had said that Patrick was comfortable.

“Yeah, like I said, you must have been super tired.” Patrick chuckled again.

“Okay, time to go sleep on your bed instead of Patrick.” Andy said, obviously getting impatient.

“Yeah, sorry I’ll get going now.” Skyler said getting up and out of the van. “Bye, Patrick. Bye, Andy.” She waved.

“Goodnight.” Patrick said.

“Goodnight.” Skyler replied.

Skyler watched as they pulled out of her driveway and drove off down the road. She headed for the front door when she realized that she didn’t have her bag with her. She must have left it in their van.

“Damn it.” She cursed under her breath. Luckily she didn’t need the key to get in the house, there was always one under the mat for times like these. She took the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. She slid the key back under the mat and opened the door. She stepped inside and went upstairs to her room.

She was exhausted, so she didn’t even bother getting into her pj’s, she just fell face first onto her bed and fell asleep immediately.

*

Patrick hadn’t fallen back asleep after they drove away. It just wasn’t the same, it wasn’t as comforting with out Skyler on his lap. Instead he just looked out the window and watched as the city lights sped by. It always amazed Patrick at how cities never sleep. There’s always someone doing something, whether it be the middle of the afternoon or the middle of the night.

Minutes later they had arrived at the hotel. Patrick woke Joe up and Andy had the pleasure of waking Pete up. As they were all getting out of the van, Patrick felt something at his feet. He moved his hands around the floor to try and feel what it was, his hand came across something with soft fabric. He picked it up and realized what it was. It had been Sky’s bag that she had earlier. All Patrick could do was hope there wasn’t anything particularly important in it.

He grabbed it and took it inside with him to keep it safe. He did receive strange glances from other people, mostly guys’, but he didn’t pay any mind to them.

As Patrick was laying in the hotel bed that night, all he could think about was Sky. He finally got to sleep, knowing that he did know where she lived, well Andy did, and he would return her bag tomorrow.

I hope you liked it =]
Thank you for the reviews! You have no idea how happy they make me, I like knowing that people are actually enjoying this =]

Silver_stripes – Yes, I guess everything is just a little too easy for them, but this is only the beginning, you know its all blissful and stuff. I promise in a few more chapters (maybe 4 or 5?), there will be some excitement. Things won’t be so easy for long. Thanks for your honest opinion though, I really need to know this kind of stuff. This is after all my first [successful] fic =]

Ms_Stump221 – Thanks for reviewing! I’m glad you like it, I tried to keep it original so I’m glad it shows =]

Falloutboyrox728 – Haha sorry again, I guess you’re going to have to survive with my cliff hangers. Lol and I don’t think there will be a Peterick (anytime soon) haha wasn’t planning on going in that direction, but you never know. Pete isn’t really jealous, its more of just worry, he doesn’t want to see Patrick get his heart broken is what it is. After all they don’t know that much about Skyler do they?
Sign up to rate and review this story