Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Need A Ride?

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 2 reviews

Skyler's dad won't pick her up, how will she get home?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-11 - Updated: 2009-02-12 - 1331 words

0Cliche
Skyler checked her cell phone clock. “Okay, well I guess I should get going now, it’s getting kind of late.” She said, even though she knew she really didn’t want to go.

“Yeah, I think we have to get going soon too.” Patrick said.

“Bye, Patrick, it was nice meeting you and talking with you.” Skyler said with a small smile and turned to leave.

“Bye… uhh… wait I never even caught your name.”

Skyler turned around and just walked backwards for awhile. “Yeah that’s right, I never told you. My name’s Skyler, most people will just call me Sky though.”

“Alright, bye Sky.” Skyler giggled when she heard the rhyme, and Patrick joined suit.

“Okay,” Skyler said, anther giggle escaping her lips, “I really have to get going now, so maybe I’ll see you again sometime?”

“Yeah, wait do you have a phone I could call you at sometime?” Patrick asked hopeful.

“Sure,” Skyler said walking back over to Patrick. She took out a black sharpie and grabbed his hand and wrote her name and number down for him. “There you go,” Skyler said blowing on the ink.

“Thanks, so I’ll call you sometime.”

“Yeah, I’ll be waiting.” She said with a huge smile.

Now she really had to leave, so she said goodbye again and turned for the exit. She took out her phone and dialed her home phone number. It rang four times before someone answered.

“What!?” The voice demanded.

“You have to pick me up, the concert is over.” Skyler said in almost a whisper.

“Can’t this wait till tomorrow?”

Skyler gave out a sarcastic laugh, “No, not really, if you don’t come then I have no way of getting home.”

“Alright good luck with that…” The voice said and the line went dead.

Okay yeah now she was stuck here. Skyler couldn’t believe him, he just leaves her out in the middle of Chicago? Some father he was.

She decided there was nothing she could do and there was no one else she could call that would come pick her up at 1:00 in the morning, she never even believed for a second that her dad would. She let out a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding in, and sat down against the brick wall on the outside of the building. She was so screwed and she knew it. It’s bad to make mistakes, but its worse when you realize that you’ve made one and can’t do anything about it.

Skyler let her head fall back against the wall. “Why me?” She mumbled to herself.

“Sky?” Skyler lifted her head up to see who had called her name. It was Patrick. “What are you doing here, Sky? I thought you said you were going home?”

“Yeah I was, but then I decided to sit against a brick wall instead.” She said a little harshly.

“Oh.” Patrick said, kind of hurt from the harshness of the sentence.

Skyler noticed the saddened look on his face. “Patrick, I’m sorry, its just my dad; he’s not coming to get me, well not tonight anyways. I didn’t mean to take it out on you.”

“No, it’s fine and what do you mean he’s not coming? Doesn’t he kind of have to?” He said confused.

“You would think so right? But no, that’s not how it is for him. As far as he’s concerned, I’m already old enough to move out.”

“Well, isn’t he your father? Isn’t he supposed to come and pick you up when you need a ride?”

“No, that’s what normal father’s would do, mine however does not.”

“Wow, pretty shitty father – no offense or anything – but really he doesn’t even care enough to pick you up?”

“Nope, that’s why when I turn 18 I’m going to leave him. He will then realize how hard it’s going to be when he has no one to do the food shopping for him, or do the laundry, or clean the house, or make dinner, and everything else I do for his ungrateful ass.”

“Wow you do all that for him? Do you mind me asking why?” He asked while taking a seat next to her on the ground.

“I honestly don’t know why.”

“So when do you turn 18?”

“Next week, thank god.”

“Really?” Patrick said with a surprised and very happy look on his face. “I turn 21 next week too.”

“Awesome, what day?” Skyler asked with a huge grin on her face. It was funny how bi-polar-ish this night was – up and down with emotions all night.

“The 27th, yours?”

“The 30th. Wow, three days apart, that’s pretty cool.”

“Totally.” Patrick agreed. “So you’re probably going to need a ride to get home tonight right?” He asked.

“Yeah, probably.” She said.

“Well, if you don’t mind sitting in a van with four guys, than I’m sure we could give you a ride home.” Patrick offered.

“Really? That would be great, Patrick.” Skyler said with a smile. “Look at you guys, always coming to my rescue when I need it the most.”

“Huh?” Patrick said with a confused expression.

“Oh, well, I was referring to the first time when I had decided not to kill myself because of you guys, and now this.”

“Oh, yeah I guess so.” Patrick said, catching on and letting out a laugh. Soon they were both laughing at nothing in particular.

“Patrick? You out here?” A voice called.

“Yeah, Joe, right here.” Patrick replied.

“C’mon we’re leaving now.” Joe came closer, wondering why Patrick was sitting all alone outside and then that’s when he noticed Skyler sitting next to him. “Oh, I see how it is,” Joe pretended to sound offended.

“Joe…” Patrick started.

“No, no, it’s fine hang out with your new friend, you don’t need us anymore.” Joe let out a fake sniffle, accompanying the fake sadness in his voice.

“Hey, Joe do you think anyone would mind if we gave Sky a ride home tonight. Her dad won’t come pick her up so she’s kind of stuck here.”

“Uh, yeah sure.” Joe tried to hide how confused and surprised he was, but apparently it didn’t work out too well.

“Joe, this is Sky. She was at the meet and greet tonight, her dad is well kind of…” Patrick trailed off, looking at Skyler for approval. She nodded her head in response. “He’s kind of a, well, an ass.”

“Oh wow, that sucks. Yeah sure that won’t be a problem, c’mon now it’s getting late.” Joe whined out that last part.

“Okay, yeah coming.” Patrick got up and held a hand out to help Skyler up. She smiled and took his hand and dusted herself off.

The three of them went back inside and then out again through the back entrance where the van was already loaded and running, with Andy in the driver’s seat and Pete in the passenger’s seat.

“Finally Patrick, we’ve been ready to go to the hotel forever now…” Pete said trailing off as he realized there was someone else in the car besides the four of them. Pete turned around and raised an eyebrow, confused.

“She need’s a ride.” Joe said, noticing the look on Pete’s face. Pete just nodded and turned around in his seat so he was facing forward again.

Haha just in case some of these chapters haven’t been that great, the next chapter is going to be GREAT! =]] Haha once you read it maybe you’ll figure out my favorite part…

Falloutboyrox728 – Haha sorry! I guess cliff hangers is just kinda something I do unknowingly haha, hope I didn’t do it this time! =]

C'mon only one reviewer this time? Please review! =]
Sign up to rate and review this story