Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Skyler's Story

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 1 review

Skyler tells Patrick about her past.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-08 - Updated: 2009-02-09 - 1289 words

-1Cliche
Skyler turned around. “Yeah?” Skyler said with a smile.

“I-uhh… don’t want you to go yet.” Patrick stuttered out.

“Okay, so I won’t.” She said with her smile growing bigger.

“Really?” He said.

“Yeah, I’ve got no where to be.”

“Okay, yeah so you want to talk or something?” He said with a growing smile.

“Sure, what about?”

“Uhh… I don’t know why don’t you tell me about your family.”

“My… family?” Skyler said quietly, her smile disappearing.

“Oh, we don’t have to talk about that if you don’t want to, how about –“ Skyler cut him off.

“No, no, it’s fine. What do you want to know?” She asked, a little afraid of the answer.

“Why don’t you tell me about your parents?”

“Okay then. My dad is a drunk who could care less about me. There that’s it.” Skyler said a little too harshly.

“What about your mom?” There it was, the question she wanted to avoid. It’s not that she didn’t like to think about her mom, she did everyday. It’s just it was a little hard to actually talk about her without breaking into tears.

“She’s dead.” Skyler said in a monotone voice. It’s kind of ironic how this went from being the best day to the worst night all at once.

“Oh, I’m so sorry…” Patrick trailed. “I didn’t know, we can talk about something else if you want.”

“No it’s okay, she was a wonderful person. I loved her so much. We would hang out all the time and listen to music. We had similar tastes in music. I’d bet a million dollars that she’d be here with me right now if she were still alive.” Now Skyler and Patrick were sitting on a couch in the corner of the room.

“She sounds great, do you want to tell me more about her?” To Skyler, Patrick was starting to sound more like a therapist than a rock star, but that was just one of his many charms.

“Sure, as long as you don’t mind if a few tears escape from my eyes every once in awhile.” She said with a small smile.

“Okay, well she was really pretty. I have her eyes, hair, nose, pretty much her whole face. A lot of people actually said we looked more like sisters than mother and daughter.” She gave another smile at the thought. “Well, as I said, we listened to a lot of the same music. She’s actually the one who got me attached to your music, well almost.”

“Almost?” Patrick said with a confused and interested look.

“Yeah, well almost a year ago she had bought your CD From Under The Cork Tree, and she gave it to me… I never got a chance to listen to it with her because she had died in a car accident two days later…” There was a silent pause and Skyler could feel the tears start to flow. Soon Patrick’s hand was squeezing her hand lightly. Once she felt she could speak again, she continued. “I immediately downloaded the CD and listened to the whole thing, over and over again… hoping that she was listening too…” Skyler took a deep breath and continued again. “The next day I couldn’t take it. I had found a razor blade in our garage and I had it on the bathroom floor with me. I didn’t have anything else to live for… That’s also when my dad’s drinking increased more than ever, it’s also when he hit me for the first time.” Skyler felt more tears start to flow from the memory. She took in huge breaths as if breathing for the first time.

“You don’t have to say anymore if you don’t want to.” Patrick said, worry and sadness obvious in his tone of voice.

“No, no, now I have to finish.” She took in a deep breath. “Okay so as I was saying, I was in the bathroom on the floor with the razor blade. I had it clutched in my hand, but before I let it break skin, I had to listen to music because if I were going to end my life, then it would have to be while doing what I love the most… listening to music…the one connection I felt I had left with my mom.” More tears escaped her eyes and she felt someone wipe them away, Patrick. She took another deep breath and continued. “So I got out my Zune and put it on shuffle. The first song that came one was ‘I’ve got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth’. I don’t know if it was the lyrics, the song itself, or the connection I felt with my mom while listening to the song. It was as if my mom was there herself saying ‘don’t do this, Sky, please don’t do this’. So I listened. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt my mom, and I knew this would hurt her the most, so I stopped… I released my tight grip on the blade. It was gushing with blood and I hadn’t even noticed until I looked at my hands.” Skyler could feel the tears start to stop, but now she was shaking with fear – fear of what she had almost done at the time.

“Are you okay?” Patrick asked, concerned, when he noticed her shaking.

“Yeah, I’m fine…” She tried to calm herself as much as possible before continuing. “Once I had noticed all the blood, I got scared and promised myself – promised my mom – that I would never do anything like that again. And I never have since last year.” Skyler said with a small smile, finally feeling human again.

“Wow…” Patrick said, almost speechless.

“Yeah. So you guys sort of saved my life, and you’ve been my favorite band ever since. Not only because you saved my life, but because your CD was the last one that my mom gave to me and whenever I listen to your music now, I just feel so much closer to her.”

There was a silence between the two. Skyler hadn’t realized it, but Patrick was still lightly squeezing her hand. He was trailing his fingers around one of the charms in the shape of a music note.

“Do you like it?” Skyler asked.

“Yeah, it’s pretty.”

“Thanks, my mom gave it to me for my 17th birthday before she died.”

There was another silence.

*Ah, I don’t think this is one of my best chapters, and defiantly not one of the longer ones (sorry!) I hope its good enough though =]

PatrickStumpLover – Haha that’s awesome, I’ll tell you how mine goes but then you’ll have to be sure to tell me how your M&G went =]

Falloutboyrox728 – I’m happy he’s not OOC, sorry about the cliff hanger too! I’ll try not to do that as much as I was planning lol =]

I hope everyone else reading is enjoying as well. If you really like it review so I know that this story isn’t sucking haha.

Ah, and one more thing, kinda off topic but did anyone order anything from the Clandestine Industries relaunch? I ordered that purple one (I forgot the name of it), and I also ordered the S’mores one, I can’t wait till they get here! =]

I also hope everyone had an awesome weekend! (haha I’m a little talkative today, huh?)*
Sign up to rate and review this story