Categories > Movies > Newsies > Violet

We Could be Heroes

by HadleyConlon 0 reviews

Violet confronts her inner demon, while trying to hide a secret-or two- from Spot.

Category: Newsies - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Jack Kelly,Mush,Spot Conlon - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 914 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: We Could be Heroes

Waking up from the blissful slumber, Rosalie realized what had happened.
She had slept with an almost-complete stranger, who she had heard was a complete ladies man, and had a knack for breaking hearts. He also drank a lot, smoked a lot, and would do anything for a fun time with a virgin.
And had they had a good time.
Rosalie-
-Violet.
Whatever- you idiot. He's just going to leave you, like all the rest of the girls. What were you thinking? You should listen to me more often. Now all you are is a stupid whore, like the rest of them. You really should-
Rosalie, pretending to still be sleeping cuddled to Spot, felt him get out of bed. Peeking, she looked at him.
God, he was cute.
Once the door was closed, she let out a sigh. She had never been happier, even though that part of her brain was telling her what a whore she was. She didn't listen to it. She just thought of how cute his nickname for her was.
Spot and Violet.
Spot and Violet.
Spot and Violet.
They sounded like either a super bad ass couple, like outlaws that could come home and polish their guns together, then go to the bedroom for “relaxation.”
It was beyond sexy.
She started to go down the stairs, but decided to listen in on the conversation that she could hear.
“So Spot, when ya gonna dump 'er?” She recognized Mush's deep voice, which seemed protective.
“I dunno. Not for a while.”
“Why ain't you kept a goil fo' more than just sex?” Mush seemed really angry with Spot, like she hadn't had any say in what they had done.
“What are ya talkin' bout? I've had goils that weren't just fo' sex.”
Mush scoffed. “Yeah, like one.”
“Don't push me, Mush. Jus' cuz I ain't all romantic in public an' stuff don't mean I don't wanna relationship wit 'er.”
“Fine. I'm just sayin'...it seems like she'd be real hoit if ya left 'er.”
“Well, I'm not. So shut yer trap an' get ova da fact that you want 'er.”
Rosalie peered down, seeing that Mush's olive skin had turned bright red.
Proceeding down the stairs, Rosalie caught the guys' attention. She realized she was in a robe and her underwear and bra. And they were all looking. Spot didn't seem to care.
Spot smiled brightly when he saw her. “Ey, baby.” He walked over to her, planting a big kiss on her lips. She could feel Mush's eyes staring at her intensely.
“Someone seems happy,” Jack said, trying to make the “happy couple” uncomfortable.
“Spotty got laid!” a couple boys hollered.
“Go Spot!”
“Addin' ta da flowah garden, are ya Spot?”
Rosalie rolled her eyes. She knew she was different.
Then she saw her.
No one else could see her. She was Rosalie's dark side. She was more beautiful than Rosalie could hope to be. And she was always so damn thin. Sometimes she was wearing a snug black dress, other times a long cream-colored one with her perfect tresses behind her back. This time, though, she was wearing exactly what Rosalie was wearing, but she pulled it off way better.
You stupid whore. When are you gonna learn that they'll never love you? Only I love you. And you can't betray me.
-Shut up.
You think he loves you?
-Yes. He told me.
Didn't John tell you too?
-I said, shut up.
And Mark, and Francis, and-
Rosalie tuned out the girl.
“Want some breakfast?” Mrs. Bennett, the housekeeper, offered.
“No,” Rosalie said a bit too quickly. All the boys stared at her.
“I gotta..get ta work.” She gave Spot a kiss on the cheek and ran up the stairs.
The girl showed up again as Rosalie was changing.
Stupid, stupid, stupid...you almost let them know. You can't let them know. They're trying to make me seem like the bad guy. I'm not. It's them. And those stupid fucking guys you keep hanging around-
-Spot isn't stupid.
Really? He's just going to use you and lose you-
-No. It's different this time.
Then she heard a knock at the door.
“Violet?” Spot's voice carried through the door. “You okay?”
She opened the door, giving him a long kiss on the lips. “Never been better,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her hips, like they were dancing.
“Cuz some 'a da guys was worried you wasn't okay-”
“I'm fine. Trust me.”
“By the ways, where do ya work?” Spot said.
You knew he would ask sooner or later. Might as well tell him so he can dump you now and we can get it over with.
“I bartend at Scratch?” It came out sounding more like a question than a statement.
“Oh,” Spot said, sounding disappointed.
And, drumroll please...
-Shut up. It'll be okay.
“I guess that's okay,” Spot looked into her violet eyes, which had started to flash.
He smiled. “You're so damn pretty...a bit too skinny, though...”
She burst out laughing. “You're kidding me, right?”
He looked at her in disbelief. “What? You think you'se big? You'se tiny, like a little goil..but you'se coitantly not a little goil.”
“I love you, Spot.” She said.
“I loves you lots, Violet.”
God, you both are liars. You don't know what love is.
-Will you just shut up? I'm happy.
Not for long...
Sign up to rate and review this story