Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

I

by EveieLiar 1 review

Coraline is an interesting name, and there is and interesting story behind that name. She hates the cold, but moved back to Chicago for a good reason. Her BFF is Patrick.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-22 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 871 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You.

I

May

Joe’s phone buzzed in a circle on the table in front of him. Patrick dipped a fry into ketchup while watching it.

“You gonna get that?” he asked. Joe sighed and grabbed the phone flipped it open.

“Hello?” he said sharply. “No. No daisies. Scarlet Pimpernels. Chrysanthemums. Yes, I’m sure that’s what she’d want. No. No!” Patrick quickly reached a cross the table and grabbed the phone. Joe slumped back into the chair while Patrick gently dealt with the person on the other side of the phone call.

After hanging up, Patrick smiled bitterly and placed phone on the table. “I ordered some Grape hyacinth for her too. She likes some of the strangest flowers.” The corners of Joe’s lips twitched slightly.

“I know. She likes dandelions too.” Between them the phone buzzed again, signifying a text message. Patrick grabbed it and read the message.

KATY

What color dress should we pick out?


ii
November

“I can’t believe I agreed to move to bloody Chicago.”

“What’s wrong with Chicago?”

“It’s so damn cold, Joe. I hate the cold.” She turned away from the window and shuffled to the bed. He sighed and sat down next to her.

“You didn’t have to move here, you know.” She looked at him sharply, her gray eyes poking him like sharp knives.

“Yes I did, nimrod,” she said smiling slightly before dropping the blanket she was clutching around her shoulders. “Now I’m gonna get a shower, and you’re gonna turn the heat up.” She padded towards the bathroom while Joe watched her.

“Hey, Coraline?” She turned back to him, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

“Yeah, Joey?” He grinned at her.

“I love you.” He watched as her eyes softened (a rare sight, really). She clasped her hands together like a little girl, and rocked back onto her heels.

“I love you too.”

iii

“Coraline, that’s an interesting name.” Coraline adjusted her skirt and nodded.

“With an interesting story behind it, if you hire me.” The man behind the desk chuckled politely and resumed shifting through her papers.

Coraline jumped as the buzzing of her phone sounded off loudly in the silence.
She could see that the man was trying not to laugh as it kept ringing and ringing. Whoever was calling was not going to give up.

“May I answer this, sir…?” she felt silly and stupid.

“Go ahead.”

Coraline grabbed the phone and walked to a corner.

What?” she hissed into the phone.

Why are you at a job interview?”

iv

May

Joe stared at the passing trees and fields. “This is bull shit,” he told Patrick. Patrick sighed, keeping his eyes forward, trying not to engage Joe. Joe turned to him and gazed at the side of Patrick’s face. “Bull shit.”

“Bull shit, I got it Joe. Just, please. It makes me nervous trying to drive here. And you need to do this.”

“Don’t wanna,” Joe mumbled. Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Don’t be such a child, Joseph. What would Co-”

“Fuck off, Stump.”

v

Patrick watched as Travis paced nervously, running a hand through his hair. At least Coraline was consistent.

“I shouldn’t come to this,” Travis muttered before sitting down on his couch. Patrick let him fret in silence, while he wondered why he was the middle-man. Oh, yeah. Because he loves Coraline. She’s his best friend and he was the one that knew her first. And he introduced her to Joe, and Travie, and Pete, Ashlee, Andy, Brendon, Spencer, and Ryland, Nate.

Everyone. He introduced her to everyone that was cooler than him and she still hung out with him 9/10. So he loved her, and would do everything she asked, even this.

“Just think about it, okay?” Patrick asked standing up.

“Okay, I don’t know,” Travis said to the floor. Patrick walked out of the apartment and down to his car. He began to hum a little rhyme to himself, to calm his nerves.

Cor-o-line, Cor-o-line
Where does the sunshine?
There’s a fine line between
The sky and a smile, but you are both.

Cor-o-line, Cor-o-line
Why does the sunshine?
It shines for your smile,
Then cries when you don’t.

Cor-o-line, Cor-o-line
I like the sunshine!
It warms my cheeks and
Makes me dance on my feets.

Cor-o-line, Cor-o-line
You are my sunshine


He smiles slightly and the 15 year-old rhyme. He made it up in fourth grade when he had a crush on Coraline. He wrote it on a scrap piece of paper and gave it to her during recess. She didn’t exactly laugh at him, but she did giggle and make and earnest effort out of blushing. Then she said to him;

“Sorry Patrick. But I don’t like you that way. I don’t like anyone that way, but you’re the first person to talk to me, so will you be my friend?” and Patrick stuttered out a shy yes before fainting from the nerves.

Patrick turned on the car and backed out of the parking spot before driving away from Travie’s place.

Cor-o-line, Cor-o-line, you are my sunshine.
Sign up to rate and review this story