Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

II

by EveieLiar 1 review

Blind little dachshund following gown down a hall way lined with lockers.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 942 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

II


November

“Joe,” Coraline whispered turning her back to the employer. “I’m not going to live off you.”

But, if you get a job then I know I won’t be able to see you. Besides, I’ve got a surprise for you.”

“No, Joe. I’m pissed. I’m going to finish this job interview, and you can congratulate yourself later when I don’t get it. Don’t try to bribe me when you have nothing to bribe with.”

Coraline-

“No, Joe! Goodbye.” She hung up the phone and turned around. “I’m so sorry Mr. Bruce. That was my significant other, Joe. He thinks I can live off of him…” she trailed off into a nervous giggle.

~

Coraline stomped out of the office building, clutching her coat. She fumbled with her phone before finding the right number and dialing it.

“Meagan? Hey, do you wanna grab some coffee? Oh… Okay. I understand. No. I’ll just grab some for myself and get home. Yeah. Okay. Bye.” She snapped the phone shut before trudging down the street to the closest Starbucks.

Texas is wonderful. Texas is warm. Texas never has snow. I miss Texas. I miss Texas so much. Texastexastexastexastexas.

With Texas on the mind, Coraline managed to make her way from her interview to Starbucks to Joe’s flat. He was waiting for her, and it made her sigh.

“Hey, sweetie.” She grunted at him and heaved her coat off.

“I really do have a surprise.” She moved about like he wasn’t there, but she was keenly listening. “We’re going to go on vacation, and then we’re going to go to L.A.” Coraline paused before turning to Joe.

“Seriously?” she asked, one eyebrow raised.

“Seriously.” Joe grinned.

ii

May

Andy sat on Patrick’s couch, flipping through a magazine. Patrick was at his counter scratching away at the plans for next week.

“How’s Joe doing?” Andy asked idly.

“He’s freaking out, as expected.” Andy grimaced before flipping a page.

“So basically you’re doing all the planning?”

“He wants it to be perfect. So, in swoops her friend Mr. Perfectionist. He did pick out some flowers. All of her favorites, so that should count as something.”

“It does. I always liked her taste in flowers. It’s so unique.” Patrick coughed quietly, as Joe slouched into the room. He was red-eyed barley noticed Patrick and Andy. He grabbed a bag of Cheetos before slouching out of the room again.

“Fall back plan,” Patrick muttered. Andy rolled his eyes.

“Blitzed out of his fucking mind. Coraline will be pissed.”

iii

November

Joe’s beard no longer scratched Coraline when they kissed. It tickled and brought her comfort. She was relived to be leaving Chicago. She was born for warmer climates, and this stint up north was proof.

Coraline tangled her fingers through his wild hair. Joe’s fingers danced over her cold, pale skin. The rough pads gently scratched at her delicate skin, but Coraline knew that she could never stand to be with any one with soft fingers.

Joe’s body was pressed tightly against her, and she could feel herself flush from his heat. She’d forgotten how warm he was. It was as if he was constantly running a temperature.

Coraline pulled back, gasping. “God, you’re hot,” she said shaking her hair from her shoulders. Joe grinned.

“Thanks, love.” She laughed, shaking her head.

“No. Hot, like an Indian Summer.” Joe raised an eyebrow.

“In the middle of winter?”

“Yeah. Kiss me again, I’m getting cold.”

iv

May

Joe sat in his borrowed room from Patrick. He fiddled with a ring on his finger before picking up the burning joint from the ashtray. He could feel his voice becoming more raw with each breath.

Okay, he was freaking out. But he was in his right mind to freak out, he was allowed. Maybe he was taking it too far, indulging a little.

But he couldn’t help it. This was his safety net. He knew Coraline would be disappointed, but…

No. No thinking right now. Mindless high. Be burnt out for a while.

That seemed to work, because with the next five breaths Joe relaxed against the windowsill, and closed his eyes against his comforting brain buzzing.

v

Mute math lessons in an empty classroom. Just writing on the wall, materializing out on nowhere.

Hello? Anyone here? No sound in here, its just dead empty space. At that realization there is no air. No air! You can die without air, so the door has to be opened. Open, open!

~

A blind little dachshund running after a gown. Following down a hall of lockers and blacked out classrooms. A school, huh? Why a school?

The dog barks at a rat, a rubber rat like dad’s. From within throat a cough comes. Violent, shaking body. Long with blood. Then the dachshund scratches at a door, says open it. Open it.

~

You’re here.

You’re here.

Who’s dream is this?

I don’t know.

You saved me, Coraline.

I had to. Daisy told me too.

Thanks to Daisy.

Joey, will you swim with me? I need to tell you something. So they walking to the pool at their feet. Gown floats up, making the appearance of a sea nymph.

I’m dieing, Joey.

Then this is a shared dream.

I’m dieing, and I want you to marry me.

Of coarse, is this symbolism for your ticking biological clock?

The gown shakes with laughter.

Yes, Joey.


-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to XxLiveyourlifExX/Corri ElizaBeth, my first reviewer.
Sign up to rate and review this story