Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

III

by EveieLiar 1 review

She left me. Why do I care so much, if she left me? ... Because she never really did.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-25 - Updated: 2009-02-25 - 551 words

0Unrated
Thinking of You

III

May

Travis nervously fingered his phone in his pocket while watching Katy throw around Coraline’s clothes. She held a pare of black slacks and a green shirt up for consideration before throwing them to the side. Travis sighed and looked to her digital clock. They’d been here for more than and hour.

“Why’d I have to come with you?” he asked, closing his eyes and tracing the keys on his phone.

“I don’t know,” Katy said without turning around. “Why did you?” Travis sighed and turned his back on Katy. His eyes caught something blue on the back of Coraline’s door. He walked over to it and let his fingers gently trace it. It was a sleek, blue wrap dress with a broken heart patch she’d sewn on to it. Coraline loves this dress, he thought.

“Why not this one?” he said to Katy. He heard her turn around and considerer it.

“It’s perfect, Travis.”

ii

November

Coraline curled herself into a ball on her side of the bed. Joe was out with an old friend, and she had opted to stay home. Because her entire left side was killing her. Ow, ow, ow.

It hurt so much that she couldn’t breathe properly, and a doctor’s visit would only reiterate what she already knew.

She sighed and grabbed her vibrating phone by her head. The caller I.D. said Travie Schleprock, and Coraline smiled to herself. Travis was a close friend whom she hadn’t spoken to in months, ever since her move to Chicago.

“Hello?” she said, trying to keep the wavering of her voice at bay.

“Hey Cora!” Coraline smiled.

“Hey, Travie, what’s up?”

iii

Coraline smiled sweetly at Travis, before throwing her bag on the bed. She snapped it shut, before letting her eyes wander to the bathroom.

“I have to finish up, and talk to Joe then we’ll go.” Travis nodded and walked out the door with only his keys making noise. She quietly walked over to the bathroom and knocked once.

“Yeah?” Joe asked, his voice rising over the sound of the sink. Coraline sighed and swallowed her pride before opening the door.

“Joe, we need to talk.” Joe paused and focused his attention onto Coraline.

“I’m leaving.”

“Okay, have fun, sweetie,” Joe grinned, reaching to kiss her. Coraline stepped back, not daring to look at Joe’s confused face.

“I’m leaving you,” she said not looking up from the floor. “Travis is driving me to the air port, and I’m leaving. I can’t be in a serious relationship. This is too serious.”

“Coraline?”

“Joe… I’m sorry. I… I need to get my shit together. Maybe I’ll see you sometime. Bye.” She turned quickly and walked quickly from the flat, pausing only to pick up her bag. Joe stood stunned, his wet hair sticking to his face, neck, and shoulders.

He didn’t get it.


iv

May

She left me, he tried to remind himself. Why do I care so much, if she left me?


Because she never really did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again to Corri ElizaBeth.

I know this chapter sucks, but I wanted to get it out. I’m way sick with the ick.
Sign up to rate and review this story