Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

IV

by EveieLiar 3 reviews

Even L.A. is dead. Touching down at LAX you can see the dead grass.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-26 - Updated: 2009-02-27 - 1076 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

IV


December, L.A.

Even L.A. is dead, Coraline realized when her plane touched down at LAX. She sighed and turned to Travis, who was snoring quietly beside her. He looked so soft and child-like, which didn’t do anything for her. Why would it?

The plane bumped down the runway, and Travis sat up right, his hand clutching Coraline’s. The small calluses racked across her skin, sending a tremor down her spine.

“It’s okay Travis,” she said.

“No. A million possible things could go wrong,” he said, not tearing his eyes off of the pilot cabin door. Coraline giggled at him, before watching the dead bits of grass several yards away.

~

“You sure you’re okay with rooming with me?” Travis asked, setting his bags down in the hallway of his apartment.

“Yeah,” Coraline mumbled. “I’m gonna check out my room, and maybe crash for a bit.” Travis nodded and Coraline wandered through the apartment like she was in a trance. She found her room, a plain space that was purposely that was for guests. She sighed and popped her ear buds in before laying down for a nap.



… so sick of love songs…

…can’t get over us…

…no more us, no more anniversary…


Coraline sat up and tore her ear buds out. She stared at her Sansa, before flipping the unlock key to see what was playing.

So Sick via Patrick Stump.

“Shit,” Coraline whispered, trying to cover her ears, trying to move through the pain in her chest. She tried to convince herself it wasn’t from Joe, her guilt. Sometimes you have to do something rash to work through her problems.

Coraline stood up, and padded out of her room and down the hall. In the living room Travis was lounging on the couch, partially asleep. Coraline paused sucking in a deep breath before mentally telling herself to suck it up. She walked up to Travis and through her left leg over him before startling him and bringing her mouth to his.

She felt him wake up completely. His body went stiff, and she could feel his eyes open. His hands closed over her arms and pull her away. Travis stared at her, shocked.

“Cora… Coraline, what the fuck are you doing?” She flushed under his gaze before adverting her eyes.

“Go with it, okay Travie.” She leaned in, trying to beg with her body. Don’t stop. Don’t ruin this. Travis’ body relaxed as he gently kissed her back.

ii


Chicago

Joe didn’t want anything to bother him, not even sad country music. His apartment was dark, and shadows seemed to slip in, in her absence.

Somewhere in the bedroom the phone rang, the sound echoing off the walls. It rang four times before the machine intervened.

“Hey, this is Joe-”

“And Coraline.”

“And we can’t come to the phone right now.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? The only time the phone isn’t answered is if we’re out.”

“What if you’re in the shower?”

“I always hear it and answer it.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes, Joe.”

“Wow. OCD much?”

“Shut up. You got that from me. Anyway, we’re not here, or Joe is being a douche, and so your call has been directed to this automated voice message. Leave your name and number and I will call you back. Thanks.”

“Big freak.”

“God Joe!!!”


The machine beeped.

“Hey, Joe. It’s Patrick. Coraline just called me from L.A. and asked to go out to dinner later this week. She said she’s crashing at a friend’s. What’s going on, man? Why is she in L.A. and you’re in Chicago. And don’t make up some bull shit excuse because you know she’s OCD. She would of changed the message. What’s going on? Call me.”

“Joe. It’s Pete. And Ash. We heard from Patrick, who forced out of Coraline. Well… We didn’t really hear much. All she said was you guys are over and so she came to L.A. What went down? Man, we’re really worried.”

“Yeah, Joe. Please, call us back. If you don’t want to talk to Pete because it’s a sensitive topic, you know you can talk to me.”

“If you don’t call us back in a day, we’re flying up there to make sure you’re alright.”

“Hang in there Joe.”


“Joe. You’re coming to New York with us. It’s Patrick, so answer the goddamn phone. Joe! What the hell is going on? Jesus Christ man, it’s like someone died, and Coraline won’t say shit to me. She won’t even see me, and she’s roped Travis into being her own body guard/call screener. I can’t help either of you if you don’t tell me what is going on. Joe-”

“I’m not done, damnit. I’m coming over.”


He’s going to change that message soon. There is no “we” anymore. But her voice is so beautiful.

iii


June

June maybe the hottest month of the year. Joe had no idea why he was in fucking Texas. It was like hell was put on earth to remind people of their possible damnation.

Joe placed his shades in place before whipping out his phone and pressing speed dial four.

“It’s Coraline. You know the drill, but it you don’t here’s the deal; my phone is either dead or one of the guys stole it. Either way, I have no idea that you called. Soooooo, let me know who you are, maybe give me your number. Anyway. Thanks and ttly.”


“Hey, baby. I just got into Texas.” Joe started on his journey out side to find his ride. “It’s so fucking hot here, how can you stand it? Don’t tell me it’s cause…” Joe’s steps faltered. “Oh, yeah.” He gave a weak laugh before putting his phone away.

Oh, yeah is right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to doyleangel for your review, and the reviews on the other stories.
A note is that this was just a random idea I had and I needed to get it out there. I could Care Less and Losing Sleep will continue after this is finished soon. I’m just having some writers block, and I wanted to write about Joe. J
Sign up to rate and review this story