Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

V

by EveieLiar 1 review

She felt guilty for shacking up with him, in more than one way.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-27 - Updated: 2009-02-28 - 1293 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

V

December, New York City

“I know Pete is your best friend,” Coraline sighed, “but…”

“But what?” asked Travis, dragging Coraline behind him.

“One, you have to slow down, I don’t feel good. Two, Joe. And Katy.” Travis stopped and turned to look at Coraline. She raised an eyebrow.

“Ex’s happen.”

“But normal people don’t go to parties they know their ex’s will be at.” Travis chuckled, and ran his hand through her hair.

“Yes they do, mostly. And that’s what happens when you are quasi-famous or hang around quasi-famous people.” Coraline smiled and wrapped her arms around Travis’ middle. She may be fairly tall, but Travis was up there in the monstrous range.

“You’re totally famous,” she said with a grin.

“Really?” he asked, bending over slightly.

“Yup. No ‘quasi’ needed.” Travis brushed his lips against hers. Behind them someone cleared their throat. The new couple jumped apart and saw Patrick standing behind them. Coraline smiled slightly and went to hug the shorter man.

“Hey Trick,” she said, trying to meet his gaze.

“Hey Coraline.” He was very glacial towards her, and that made her uneasy. She looked at the ground and bit her lip.

“I’m sorry Patrick,” she whispered, feeling like a little kid. Patrick sighed and put a hand on her arm.

“I just wish you would of broken it to him more gently.” Coraline looked into Patrick’s eyes, her own flashing with anger.

“I was never told gently.”

“You didn’t even tell him. You just left him, and then headed down to L.A. with one of his friends.”

“I didn’t intend it to go that way,” Coraline hissed, flipping her hair from her face. “It just happened, okay?” she turned on her heel and grabbed a very confused Travis’ hand. This time she did the dragging.

ii

June

A less than giddy Joe climbed into the sleek blue car that was waiting for him. The driver was a man just a little older than him. He didn’t really look that much like Coraline, so Joe assumed maybe he was a friend or cousin.

“Hi,” the man said shaking Joe’s hand. “I’m Jason, Coraline’s brother.”

“Really?” Joe pondered this for a moment. Compared to Coraline, Jason was rather shot and stocky, with short and stocky limbs. Joe could see the same bend in Jason’s hair that Coraline had, and it was the same shade, and their eyes were exactly the same. “No wonder.”

“It took ya a minute, huh?” Jason laughed before pulling into another lane. “It takes everyone a minute.”

“I can’t believe I haven’t met you before?” Joe offers. Jason laughed.

“When you met the ‘rents I was over seas with little Cora Anne.”

“You couldn’t come to the wedding?”

“You had to go to that thing?” Jason asks before giving Joe an over dramatic wink. “Kidding. No, I was in the middle of a story so I technically wasn’t allowed.”

“Oh. Who’s little Cora Anne?”

“My daughter. She looks just like Coraline, hence the name.” Joe cocked his head to one side.

“Really, now. Exactly?”

“Long limbs, tall for her age. Our eyes.” Joe glanced over to Jason, and took in his appearance again.

“Her mother,” he said simply.

iii

December, NYC

The place was jam packed with music thumping from every corner. Coraline and Travis weaved their way through the crowd, saying hi to friends before they made it to the second level. Travis lead the way up, and Coraline held onto him like her life depended on it.

Once they made it up, Coraline let go of Travis. She felt guilty for leaving Joe then shacking up with Travis in more than one way immediately. She spotted Katy first, and smiled at Travis before working her was to her friend. Coraline was glad it was too loud to properly talk because there was a lump in her throat, and if she did try to talk she might just throw up the knot in her stomach on Katy. Or choke on it.

“Hey,” Katy shouted, her huge smile faltering only slightly as Travis walked in her line of sight. Coraline smiled and sat down at the bar with Katy. She ordered a strawberry daiquiri, and tried to listen to Katy. People would meander past, and say hi sometimes.

Patrick even came by with an extremely short girl. She had dark hair with blond and red highlights. She looked young and nervous, with rectangular glasses, and bright green eyes.

“This is a girl that Pete might be signing,” Patrick explained. “If so, I’ll produce her. Her name is Zoë. Zoë, this is my best friend in the whole world, Coraline.” Coraline waved at the girl, and Zoë smiled at her.

“Hi,” she said over the music. Her voice was so sweet and young like her strangely shaped face. Coraline looked at Patrick , her eyes wide.

“How old is she?” she mouthed.

“Fifteen or sixteen,” he said with a shrug before leaning over Katy to order a drink. Behind him Zoë flashed a one and six on her fingers. A sixteen year old in a club. Coraline shook her head.

“A water,” Patrick said to the bar tender. “And… what do you want, Zoë?”

“Water, please,” Zoë said. Patrick placed the order before turning around and chatting Katy and Coraline up.

The night wore on, and around one in the morning Patrick, being the responsible softy he was, took the young musician Zoë back to the hotel she was staying at. In Coraline’s pocket her phone vibrated. She dug in her pocket and to retrieve it.

She had a text message from Travis. She opened it and read the message, trying not to smile. She put her phone back into her pocket before excusing herself from the bar. Coraline slipped through the crowd and away from the lights into a shadowed part of the upper level. She saw Travis looming in the shadows and grinned before walking up to him.

“Hey there, creepy old man,” she said, curling herself into his open arms.

“Hey beautiful young lady.” She tilted her head up and allowed him to press his lips against hers. She smiled and the strange and familiar sensation. His hands wove into her soft curls. There was nothing desperate in their touching, which was nice. When she used to go to clubs with Joe and he-

Coraline jerked away from Travis, her eyes wide, and her breathing erratic. Travis frowned and placed a hand on her face. She pulled away, still slightly disturbed. She met Travis’ eyes before forcing a smile.

“You’ll melt my makeup,” she said, trying to sound soothing. Travis still didn’t believe her, but said nothing. Coraline grabbed his hand and tried to smile more sweetly. “How about I got get a drink, and then met you at where ever you’re hanging out at and we dance?” she asked. Travis let the suggestion roll over once in his mind before nodding and pecking her on the lips.

“Get me a water?” he asked before letting her slip off into the dimly lit club.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued. That scene is going to go on forever, so I thought I’d chop it in half. :B

Doyleangel and Corri have my props. Props to ya’ll! (I’m so white, please, don’t say anything. My g/f is trying to work on this.) Anyway, good guesses you guys! You’ll just have to wait and see what is really going on, but I don’t think you’re stupid at all. Hugs and kissesssssssssssssssss. Haha.
Sign up to rate and review this story