Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thinking of You

VI

by EveieLiar 2 reviews

He sounded deadly and sober. Joe was not.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-28 - Updated: 2009-03-01 - 1712 words

0Unrated
Thinking Of You

VI

December, NYC

Coraline managed to get back to the bar in one piece. She leaned over the sleek counter and whistled for the bar tender. He walked up, dish cloth loosely crumpled in his hands.

“Can I get a water and a shot of your best tequila?” she asked, grinning. The tender nodded and went off for her order. As soon as the shot was placed in front of her, she downed it and took a sip of Travis’ water. She walked away from the bar, scanning over the heads of various people until she found Travis sitting on a couch with Pete and Ashlee, and a few other people. She walked up to them, said hi to Pete and Ashlee and handed Travis his water.

Travis took a gulp of it before standing up and taking Coraline’s hand. He winked at Pete and Ashlee before telling them he was off to show Coraline what it felt like to have some real fun. Coraline blushed and giggled.

He led her down stairs to the main dance floor, gave her a twirl and settled a hand on her him, while he still held his water. They didn’t do any special moves, but song after song Travis inched closer and closer until it became apparent that they were more than two friends having fun dancing.

ii

Joe was not having fun. The music was too loud, it was too hot, and he was too down to care, really. Wentzlee, Patrick, Andy forced him onto a plane and flew him out here for some party Wentz was throwing.

Joe came, and sat. Listened to the music the best he could. Pete brought a young girl that he was most likely sign, and had her sit and entertain him. She was nervous, and seemed to enjoy going to the dentist more than this. At one point she was so cramped on the couch they were sitting on that he pulled her onto his lap. He felt like he was holding a doll, and that was what she was to him. A pretty little doll that was worth to much money to let get broken.

She turned a bright shade of red when he pulled her onto his lap. Any other time he would of teased her, but this was just a mindless act of kindness. She was practically sitting on him (not by choice) anyway, he just moved the process on.

She sat very still, and her face never returned to its original color. Then Patrick came by, and was slightly horrified.

“She’s sixteen,” he said to Joe over the roar of the music. Patrick helped her down from Joe’s lap. “I mean… really! Goodness.”

“She was so crowded it would of happened anyway,” Joe said with a shrug. Patrick shook his head and whisked the girl away. She waved at him, but Joe had already gone blank.

He sat there for hours, just staring out at the crowd. Then he saw her. Coraline. She’d flown all the way to New York for Pete’s party? He leaned forward, watching her tall body float through the crowd. She was so beautiful.

Then Joe saw something horrendous. Coraline walked up to Travis, smiling and handing him a drink. He stood up, took Coraline’s hand, and they walked down to the bottom level.

Joe stood, and fought his way to the railing. He peered over and almost immediately found Coraline and Travis. They were dancing and laughing good-naturedly, but Joe was suspicious. He was also surprisingly pissed, and it nearly blinded him, when he saw Travis slowly bend his body with Coraline’s.

He was too close.

Joe watched Travis and Coraline dance. He just didn’t know what to think. Should he really be angry?

Then Travis bent down and Joe just knew he saw his lips brush against Coraline. That was it. He turned away from the railing and pushed his way through the crowd. He made his way down stair and everything took on this strange red hue.

Finding Coraline and Travis was easy after watching them for the past few songs. He was going to do this. No longer was he the chill, laid back “stoner” who took everything with ease and enthusiasm. This was it. This is what broke him.

He called out to Travis, and wasn’t sure if his voice sounded normal or strained or livid, like it did in his head. For a second, everything slowed down as Travis turned around. He looked surprised to see Joe. And behind him Coraline had a blank look on her face, as if she was trying to imagine a club where Joe wasn’t standing in front of her.

Joe turned his attention back onto Travis and pulled back his fist. Travis didn’t see it coming.

Everything resumed to normal time as Joe let his fist fly and it connected with Travis’ jaw.

“Fuck,” Joe said, waving his hand. That really fucking hurt, what the hell is Travis’ jaw made out of? Steel?

“Goddamnit,” he heard Travis shout. He saw Coraline run to him and place her hand on his shoulder.

“What the fuck, Joe?” She screamed over the music. At that moment Travis shrugged her off and stood to his full height. He turned back around to Joe and took two strides to him. Coraline’s face twisted into an expression that Joe had never seen before. It looked like a cross between livid, fearful, and annoyed. “Don’t you dare, Travis McCoy!”

Travis looked down on Joe, his nostrils flaring. He grabbed the collar of Joe shirt and brought him close to his face.

“What the fuck is your problem?” He asked, sounding deadly and sober. Joe wasn’t sober.

“You,” Joe spat, never the less. Travis dropped Joe.

“So you wanna fight, Throman? Over what? She ain’t you’re girl no more!”

“Travis, don’t goad him! Let’s just go. Jesus Christ!” Coraline cut in between the two men, and put her hands against Travis’ chest to push him away. Travis grabbed her by her upper arms and placed her to the side. Out of his blurry peripheral vision Joe could see her eyes brimming with tears. “God damnit Travis!” She screamed, contorting her pretty face again.

Joe sneered at Travis. “C’mon, rapper boy,” he slurred. “Protect your woman. I’m just here to get a piece of that ass.” Travis raised his eyebrows, his anger momentarily forgotten. “See,” Joe continued, “I’ve met this nice little girl named Zoë…”

“She’s sixteen you drunk pig!” Coraline shouted, angrily swiping at her tears. “God!” Joe rolled his eyes at Coraline’s blubbering. He swung his fist again. Travis managed to get out of the way before striding another step towards Joe and jumping on him.

Joe was surprised, and pissed that his stupid brain couldn’t process what was happening in time. He was even angrier when he felt the pain as expected when Travis’ fists began raining down on him. He could hear Coraline screaming behind him. Other people screaming. He couldn’t see anything, he didn’t want to, because if he saw Travis he was really going to fuck him up.

Then the screaming got louder, like it was in his ear. The feeling of rocks pounding into his face had stopped. Did they pull Travis off of him?

Then Joe connected back to Earth and felt wet hands with long fingers pulling on his arm. She was screaming gibberish in his ear. Slowly his site returned to him, and he saw Travis lying in front of him. Joe had a knee in his chest, and his fist held ready to strike again. Travis’ face was battered and bloody, like, Joe discovered, his hands.

iii

June

Joe couldn’t sleep in her parent’s house, so he got a room and a local hotel. Here he currently resided, laying on the bed and trying to remember the last time he made Coraline cry. The last time he saw her cry.

He closed his eyes, deciding it was a bad idea. He could remember the first time he saw her cry, that night in the club when he was so drunk and so stupid.

And he is so going to stop this right now. Joe stood up, and began pacing the room, trying to clear his head.

Puppies, spiders, coffee, Just Say No, No Child Left Behind, hair, my hair, shampoo, did I bring my shampoo?, I should buy some, because these bottles won’t be enough…


In spite of himself, Joe laughed.

iv




December, L.A.

“You should of told me,” Katy said. Coraline sighed and let her eyes wander to the clock.

“I know,” she said. “I’m sorry, Katy. I didn’t want to make you mad, or something…” She trailed off, running a hand through her hair.

“That’s so high school,” Katy said. “Don’t worry. I’m over it.”

“Thanks, Katy. I have to go, though. I need to pick up dinner.”

“Okay, bye.” Coraline hung up before walking into the living room. Travis was laying on the couch, and for some reason she felt tear weld up in her eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, not really knowing if it was for Travis or Joe. Travis shifted in his uneasy looking sleep. Coraline sniffed before grabbing her keys and walking as quietly as possible out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woooooo. The fight scene was written to Lake Effects Kid. :B

Thanks to Corri, and you’ll find out HOW good your guess was soon enough. So…. In other news I just got back from my older brother’s place, and I had a blast. We went out for coffee, drove around and I introduced him to Cobra Starship, and it was awesome. Anyway, we read some of my lyrics, and now he’s gonna help me write music and I should have my first single out in a few weeks. Hopefully. I promise ya’ll I know what I’m doing and that I’m a good singer. I can totally out sing Stump. Lol. Kay, peace luv
Sign up to rate and review this story