Categories > Original > Romance > It started with a Homemade card

It started with a Homemade card

by NaughtyDog 0 reviews

Basically a summary of me at my school's valentine day on friday the 13th. NO supernatual stuff, just me and the object of my affection

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-14 - Updated: 2009-02-14 - 1124 words

0Unrated
It started with a Homemade Card

By micman60

AN: Hi, and welcome to my 1st fanfic based in the real world. ALL the names are straight out of my life, but the scenarios are just made up. To tell you the truth i DID make a homemade card for the girl in this story, but ended up putting it near 1 of her friend's bags with a note asking it be delivered to her. I don't know if she got it. Enjoy.

AN2: EVERYTHING in this chapter happened until the card giving

Chapter 1: Valentine's Day

It was a cold friday the 13th of Febuary. The school decided to run a service where you could pay for a rose, song or poem and they would be delivered through classtime. I was a little short of cash and couldn't pay for the poem i wrote for her.

Jade.

Now don't get me wrong, poems are great. but they aren't really up my alley. the last poem i wrote involved a dog, a squirrel, a carcrusher and a woodchipper. But i studied for a week just to write this one. i named it "Ode to Jade".

Jade. A good friend to all.

A wonder, mysterious in a way.

Impossible to look away.

Be my Valentine

See? Short but good. Anyway, i got the idea the day before during math class. Mr Rothie was teaching fractions. I remembered that it was nearly Valentine's Day, and i would need to do something this year to boost my self confidence. the year before when i made a card for someone else. it didn't really turn out too well (Translation: i ended up emoing around for the rest of the year), but i knew this year would be better. ...Even though it was gonna be friday the 13th. please don't question my logic.

That lesson, i got out a book i just scribbled in and tore out some of the cardboard cover. i got out my glue stick and some paper and glued it to the cardboard so i could write easier. With a small bit of book cardboard i made a heart shape and coloured it red. then i stuck it on the card, writing "Happy" up the top and "Valentine's Day!" down the bottom.

In the middle i wrote "I hope our hearts can meet someday", followed by another heart below it. below THAT was "From a secret admirer." I admired my handywork before writing the ode on the back.

As soon as me, my mother and my sister got home, Rebecca reminded Mum about her Centrelink apointment, and suddenly i was home alone. i went onto anime forum, then went and got a small envelope and my trusty red texta, writing "Jade" on the front before drawing love hearts around it.

As i unpeeled the sticky back, i wondered of this was a good idea. i mean, what if a repeat of last year happened?

[FLASHBACK]

The final bell rung. The school day had ended. Time was up. Because of my cowardice, i had failed to give "Her" the card. i dropped it in the bin, vowing never to love again.

[END FLASHBACK]

But this person was the one, i could feel it in my heart. there was something about that girl, a mystery. and i was gonna find out. Sealing the envelope, i headed to the computer as my family walked through the door.

Next day, letter in my pencil case, i strode into school, as confident as i could be. I sat my way through 2 classes before geography, the only subject where me and Jade shared a classroom. My teacher Mr Watson said he misread his timetable and we had to help him set up the All Weather Shelter for something.

There were only 2 good chances and i blew them. We were walking down to the hall and i saw her bag was unzipped. i thought 'Now's the chance!' but i thought i would have a better one. Inside the hall, i saw her bag and thought maybe i could drop it as i walk by. Once again i hesitated. Chance missed.

[THE REST IS FANTASY]

It was 5 minutes until the bell for the special activities and i couldn't find Jade anywhere. 4 minutes and i had looked nearly everywhere. 3 minutes and i had seen her run from the canteen, tears running from her face. 2. i tried to catch up but couldn't. so i did all i could. i shouted "JADE!". 1. She looked around and stopped. by the time i made it to her, there were 10 seconds left. "Here. Happy Valentines." was all i managed to get out as a rush of adrenaline hit me. as she looked at it, i kissed her cheek before rushing off again.

We were asked to line up in rolecall position and to choose from 2 activities: a movie (WALL-E) or a "concert." i chose the movie. As i went in and sat down, i wondered if i had done the right thing. Maybe it was too soon. and as i pondered, Jade sat next to me. i was oblivious until she said."Hi."

I nearly fell out of my chair. She was sitting next to me. In a movie partially about romance. After i gave her a card. "H...Hi." i stuttered nervously, trying to regain my posture. We sat in silence for a few seconds before she said "That card was really sweet. Thank you.". I said "No problem"

"You know, i was gonna get you a card, but i was a little bit short on money." she said, her hair glowing in the light from the windows. "I never thought of making one. I guess i should give you something in return". "You don't have to, really." i replied, my knees shaking and thus giving me away. Noticing this, she said just audibly " No, i insist."

Before i knew it, our lips were locked in a passionate embrace. All i really did was sit there in pure shock. i did NOT plan on this happening. But before i knew it i was returning the favor. "Look! Jade's got a boyfriend!" Someone yelled. Soon the whole auditorium was cheering. as we broke apart, i whispered "Thank you" gently into her ear. "No problem." she replied as she put her head on my sholder as the movie started.

THE END

AN: Those last few paragraphs were an alternate take on reality that i think MIGHT of happened if i had given the card to her face to face. This should be multichapter, but it's future is unclear. i'll think about it, as some of the ideas im thinking might have to wait a while until i recall my link from Bebo.
Sign up to rate and review this story