Categories > Celebrities > The Used > Pieces Mended.

Chapter 14.

by madzMCRMY 0 reviews

Mikey comforts Kinsie..

Category: The Used - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-03-01 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 562 words

0Unrated
Kinsies' heart rate increased as the footsteps became closer. She shut her eyes as the curtain of her bunk was ripped open. "Kinz, are you alright?" It was Mikey. Relief washed over her and she opened her eyes. He was easier to talk to, and most of all, not Bert. Tears streamed down her face, and she shook her head. "Can I..come in?" He said, awkwardly gesturing towards the bunk. Kinsie just nodded, and Mikey climbed into the bunk, laying down next to her. They just lay there in silence, until he finally said, "Do you want to talk about it? Me, and the whole band, we're all worried about you. You've been acting so different lately. We just want you to be okay."

"It's Bert." Kinsie muttered quietly, and Mikey looked over to her, shocked.
"Did he hurt you!? When? Fuck, I'll kill him.." He looked enraged, and Kinsie rapidly shook her head.
"It's nothing like that, it's a long story." She said, and Mikey looked up and into her eyes.
"Well I'm here, I'll listen." Kinsie smiled slightly, she actually felt comfortable with him, more than she'd felt with any guy in years.

As Kinsie told him the entire story, he reacted at all the right times, nodding, adding in input, truly listening. Even though thinking of it all hurt so much, she was easily able to tell Mikey this, and it made her feel amazing that someone was actually listening. It was as if a weight had been lifted, and she was able to breathe properly again. When Kinsie was done telling the story, she couldn't comprehend the look in his eyes. It was like a mixture of sorrow, pain, anger, and..love? It was silent again, like when he first came in, but not as awkward. After a few moments, the silence was broken by Mikey again.

"I think you should talk to him again." Kinsie looked over to him as if he was insane. Before she could say anything he said. "Just be friends. You won't be completely happy unless you're friends again." She knew he was right.
"But..how? I don't know how he'll react." She replied nervously. Just the thought of it made her anxious.
"I'll help you." Mikey said, comforting her. "But for now, just stay here and relax, alright?" Kinsie nodded, and he started to get up and leave.
"Wait!" Kinsie said. He looked back at her and she blushed. "Can you stay here with me? I just don't want to be alone right now." She said quietly. Mikey smiled at her and nodded.
"Of course I will." He slid back next to her and grinned as she rested her head on his chest.

"Thanks, Mikey. It means a lot to have someone to really talk to." She smiled into his chest.
"Anytime." Mikey looked down at her, smiling. Kinsie was slowly drifting off to sleep. It was hard not to notice how beautiful she looked, as much as it seemed she didn't believe it. Mikey started to fall asleep too, wondering if he had at least the smallest chance with her..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally updated :D! Sorry, I've been waaaaaay busy with school.
I don't really like the way I wrote this chapter, but I'll make sure I get a better one up as soon as I can!
Rate&review pleeease (:
Sign up to rate and review this story