Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everyone Loves An Underdog

Everyone Loves An Underdog

by falloutboyrox728 4 reviews

New story I'm trying out. Just click and find out what it's about. :) Seriously sorry that it's so short... never have written anything that short.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-02-26 - Updated: 2009-02-27 - 518 words

1Original
Everyone Loves An Underdog

Chapter 1- We'll make them so jealous

“Loser,” was the last thing I heard before I walked into the classroom. I sighed, walking to my usual seat at the front of the class. I was so used to hearing that word, yet it still stung. Could be worse, though, the could've called me something else.

Fag. That's why I thank my lucky stars that no one knows yet. Not even my friends... okay, the reason they don't know is because I don't have any. No one.

While I was wallowing in my self pity, he came in. I saw him everyday, buy my heart still pounded like a drum. I hoped that he couldn't hear it as he passed by me, taking his seat next to me. God knows why he did- there were plenty of open seats away from me- but he still sat next to me pretty much everyday.

“Hi, Pat,” he said, giving me the grin that left me breathless. Though I hated being called Pat, I didn't care. I was just happy that he actually talked to someone like me.

“Hi, Pete,” I said, shyly, keeping my head down. Just then, our teacher came in, and it was time for the next lesson.

...............................

At my locker after lunch, still replaying what happened earlier in my head, Pete suddenly appeared at my side. Startled, I turned towards him, blushing. “Do you need something?” I stuttered out.

He leaned against the lockers, crossing his arms. “No, well, yes, actually. I was wondering if you'd like to do something today. You know, hang out.”

I honestly didn't know what to say. Whether I wanted to cry tears of joy or be terrified. “Uhm, are you sure you want to hang out with me? I questioned. I hoped that he wasn't just messing me me.

“Of course, why wouldn't I?”

I bit my lip, a nervous habit I had. “Well, I'm not the coolest person in the world. Have you not noticed that I don't have any friends?”

“You have one friend,” he put his arm around me, making me shiver all over. “Me. Now, do you wanna hang out or not?”

I nodded, a smile on my face. Pete grinned, removing his arm. “Great. We can talk about where to go after school.”

“One more thing before I go,” he said, then he placed his hand on my chest. He chuckled. “I knew I was hearing something.”

I blushed deeply, realizing that he was talking about my thumping heart.

“S-sorry, I didn't realize you could hear it,” I stuttered out.

He removed his hand from my chest and placed it on my cheek, still smiling. “It's okay. I thought it was kinda cute,” he said, with a wink. “Bye, Patrick, see you after school,” and he left, leaving me to recollect myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this is so short. Like, unbelievably short. It looked a lot longer when I wrote it at school... anyway, tryin' this out, gonna see where it goes. If you like it so far, tell me and I'll keep going.
Sign up to rate and review this story