Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everyone Loves An Underdog

I hide behind these words but I'm coming out

by falloutboyrox728 6 reviews

Heehee, Peterick. ♥

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-03-01 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 1793 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2- I hide behind these words but I'm coming out

Right after school, I rushed to the bathroom, making sure my hair wasn't doing something weird. After I was sure that I covered every square inch of my body with cologne, I ran to my locker, and Pete was already there, leaning up against it. A smile spread across his face as I got closer.

“Hey, what took you so long? Your last class is just down the hall,” Pete said, putting his arm around me as we exited the school. I wondered how he knew where my last class was.

“Uhm, sorry, I had to, uh, go to the bathroom,” I said, which was the truth, but I wasn't about to tell him what I was doing in there.

It almost made me nervous having his arm around me. Not just because every time he touched me, I get weak in the knees, but also because I was nervous for him. Nervous that someone would see us, that they'd tell everyone. Then he'd be just like me. Alone.

When we got to his car, he opened the door for me like a gentleman. I giggled, despite my better judgment, and got in. Soon he was right next to me, putting the car in drive and leaving the school parking lot.

“So, what do you want to do?” he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

I shrugged, staring at my hands. “Uhm, I don't know... all I know is that I'm broke. So, please something cheap or even free.” I felt embarrassed that I couldn't pay for stuff like he could, but I lost my job not that long ago and my parents refuse to give me money. So, I'm pretty much stuck.

“That's cool, we can do that,” he said, thinking up ideas. “Well, we could just go to my place and hang out. I don't really feel like going out anyway.”

I nearly choked on my own saliva. I couldn't believe that he was taking me to his house. I was so shocked, that I almost forgot to answer him. “Oh, uh, that would be great. I mean, like, I don't mean great like that. But mean that it would be cool to, uh, hang out with you.”

God, please shoot me before my 'foot-in-the-mouth' syndrome gets worse.

He laughed, glancing at me before he turned into his driveway. “Okay, well, we're here.”

Though the house was, well, huge, I didn't make a big deal out of it. Mainly because I'd already seen the twenty million times I passed by it to see if Pete was home.

He led me up to the front door, opened it and held the door open as I walked in. The inside was just as stunning as the outside. Wall to wall oak wood floors, a staircase that looked like it went up to nowhere, a kitchen with all stainless steal appliances... much different from my house.

“This is amazing,” I whispered, looking around at the house with wide eyes.

He shrugged, pulling on my hand to take me up to the stairs to heaven, I mean, his bedroom. “It's alright, I guess. Now, come on, lets go up to my room. I have a feeling that mom will be home soon,” he said with a sour expression.
“Anything wrong with your mom?” I asked. She seemed nice enough. Very pretty.

“Not necessarily, just don't want her bothering us,” he said, shoving me up the stairs. I wasn't sure if he purposely put his hands on my ass or not.

Walking into his room was step one of my ultimate fantasy. It looked like a typical boy room; clothes on the floor, CDs, comic books, messy bed... kinda like mine, only half the size.

Pete flopped on his bed, landing face first into the sheets. Without looking up, he patted the spot next to him, and muttered something I couldn't understand.

“What?”

He lifted his head up and said, “Come plop down next to me.” I shrugged, ran and jumped on the bed, landing face first like Pete did. I felt a poke on my arm, making my whole body tingle. I looked up to see him on his side, staring at me intently.

“What, is my hair doing something weird?” Though, I should've been used to being stared at by now. Kinda like a freak show.

“No, it's perfect,” he said in a whisper. Though it turned me on, it still freaked me out. Was he hitting on me or am I just being played?

I self-consciously tugged on the brim of my hat. “Uhm, thanks, I kinda combed it out before I met up with you. To be honest, that's why I was a little late,” I said, already feeling the blush creep up my neck towards my face.

“Haha, I figured. That's why you smelled like a cologne bomb went off in your pocket,” he teased, pushing me playfully.

I blushed even harder (if it was even possible) and I avoided his gaze. When I glanced up briefly out of the corner of my eye, I could see him still staring at me. “Pete, seriously, what's wrong with me? Do I have something on my face?”

He shook his head. “No... I was just thinking about something.”

“About what?”

He took a piece of my hair and twirled it between his fingers, still staring at my face. “I was wondering why people don't want to hang out with you. I mean, you're a little shy, but once you start talking, you open up. You're funny... in a shy sort of way.”

He laughed, not at me, but at himself. “I don't know what I'm trying to say. Okay, what I think I'm saying is that you're sweet, funny, definitely smart, and well... you're a good looking guy, that's for sure.”

If it was possible to blush blood red, I would've. Was he seriously talking the same person here? Sweet, funny, and good looking? He had to be joking.

“Pete, if you don't like me, just say so. You don't have to lie.”

He surprised me when he started to get angry, grabbing my shoulders and forced me to look at him. “Patrick, I'm not lying. I've been known for lying sometimes, but I would never lie to you,” he took a deep breath. “You are probably the best friend I've ever had.”

That was what really threw me off. “But, you just met me. How could I be your best friend?”

“Well, for one, you don't act like an ass all the time to impress me. You just be yourself. Two, I stole your iPod and I noticed that we have similar music tastes.” He grinned, slipping my iPod in my back pocket.

Wow... two ass touches in one day. Must be my birthday.

I cleared my throat. “Oh, uhm, you can borrow it if you want, I guess.”

He shook his head, laughing a little. “Oh, no, that's okay. I can tell my your facial expression that you are very attached to it. Besides, more than half the songs you have are on mine anyway.”

And just out of the blue, he asked me a question that made me stop breathing all together.

“Have you ever kissed a boy, Patrick?” He still played with my hair, but his eyes stayed focused on his hand.

I shook my head, trying to sort it out. “N-no, I haven't.”

“Huh, I thought you were gay,” he sighed.

My throat felt like the Sahara desert. I couldn't speak. Howdid he know?

“Patrick, are you okay?”

I nodded, trying to swallow the little saliva I had left in my mouth. “Yes, I'm fine. But how did you know?”

He shrugged, rolling over on his back. “I don't know... I just kinda noticed that you've payed attention to guys more than girls.

“Just so you know, I'm bisexual. Because, you know, I still feel attracted to girls, but I definitely feel things for guys,” I answered. I couldn't believe I told him something that I haven't even told my mom yet.

He laughed, shaking the bed a little. “Well, that's what bisexual typically means. It's okay, I don't mind.”

“Good, because I-” And then my phone rang, interrupting me. I scowled when it was my mom.

“Hello?” I said shortly.

“Patrick, you need to come home for dinner,” she said, pleasantly.

Well, at least she's in a good mood.

“Alright, I'll be home,” I answered, then I closed the cell phone shut.

“This was fun and all, but my mom kinda wants me home,” I said, slowly getting off the bed. I really wanted to stay longer... hell, I'd spend the night if he wanted me to. Might be too soon for sleep-overs, though.

He stood up too, grabbing his car keys off his dresser. “Okay, let's hit the road.”

The car ride home was quiet, despite the fact that I had so much that I wanted to say. He kept his eyes on the road, though a few times I caught him looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

We came to a stop at the front of my house. It wasn't as impressive as Pete's, but it was... average. He held out his hand, expecting something.

“What, do I have to pay cab fare now?” I asked jokingly.

He smiled, shaking his head. “Give me your cell phone so I can put my number in it. Here's my phone if you want to put yours in,” he said, reaching into his pocket and handing it to me. I clumsily put my number in, excited that he actually gave me his number.

We traded phones and I pushed open my door. But before I got out, I wanted to make sure of one thing.

“You're not gonna tell anyone, right?” I asked nervously.

He raised one eyebrow, a skill I wish I had. “Tell anyone what?”

“That I'm, uh, bisexual.” I said quietly.

He chuckled, patting my thigh. “Don't worry, I won't tell anyone as long as you don't tell my secret.”

“And what would that be?”

Then he leaned forward, looking like he was gonna kiss me. But then turned to the side, his lips only a few centimeters away from my ear. “I'm bisexual, too,” he whispered.

I shivered with excitement as I got out of the car, a grin plastered on my face. I had a feeling it was going to stay there for at least the rest of the night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to all you reviewers! You guys are awesome. As you can see, this is a much longer chapter than the previous. Hope you enjoyed it. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story