Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everyone Loves An Underdog

Do you mind if I sat next to you and watch you smile?

by falloutboyrox728 4 reviews

Heehee. :)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-03-05 - Updated: 2009-03-06 - 2822 words

1Exciting
Chapter 3- Do you mind if I sat next to you and watch you smile?

We got into a routine that we both had grown accustom to. Everyday after school, we'd go over to Pete's, hang out for a while until my mom called, then he'd take me home. And each day, it seemed like we got closer... and I mean, really close.

As I lay on Pete's bed, he traced circles on my bare stomach as I talked about my day. Though I was sure that he was bored to tears, he insisted that he was completely interested.

“And in English, we had to rewrite act five scene three in our own words. I understand Romeo and Juliet pretty well, so it wasn't very hard,” I went on, looking up at the ceiling.

He nodded, not looking up from my stomach. “Mhm... what happened in Chemistry?” I laughed. I f he was bored before, he'll be absolutely dead by the time I described what I did in chemistry.

“Pete, seriously, my day was boring. You don't wanna hear it. Let's talk about something else, please?” I never thought that anyone would want to listen to be talk, but quite frankly, I like listening better.

He smiled, looking up at me with chocolaty brown eyes. “Okay, we can do that,” his fingers trailed lower, getting closer to the waistband of my jeans. I had to try to fight the major boner I was starting to get. “I was thinking about how you told me you've never kissed a boy.”

“To be honest, I've never kissed anyone. Well, besides mom, anyway.”

He chuckled, his finger now hooked on the waistband. “So, you really are an innocent boy. I figured. Probably why I'm so attracted to you.”

My eyes widened in surprise. “Attracted? To me?”

He lied his head on my stomach, sighing. “Patrick, how could I not be attracted to you? Everything about you screams sex.”

I laughed, his out-look on me seeming ridiculous. “Pete, please. I'm fat, short, and I'm growing sideburns only because that's the only facial hair I can grow.”

He frowned, obviously disagreeing with me. “You're not fat, you're cuddle size; You're not short, you're fun size; And I love your sideburns and I'm glad you don't have any other facial hair. But I'm not gonna argue with you because that's just my opinion.”

“An inaccurate opinion,” I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest. He pried them apart with his strong hands, forcing my arms to my sides.

“Patrick, I'm serious. Everyone has their own opinion and that's just mine. I just wish that you and everyone else could see you through my eyes.”

His eyes locked with mine as his face was suddenly an two inches away from me. He raised his hand up to my face, placing it on my cheek before he leaned in slowly. Just as the space between us was about to close completely, I felt a familiar buzzing noise coming from my pants.
I groaned, looking at the caller ID. Mom. I felt the sudden urge to kill my mother, but I instantly felt guilty for thinking about it. I was still pissed, none the less.

“Well, I guess I better take you home,” Pete cleared his throat, standing up to grab his keys from his dresser.

I sighed, sliding off his bed. “Yeah, I guess so. I wish my mom wouldn't have me come home so early.”

He chuckled, opening up his door. “Well, she wouldn't want mama's boy to be out past eight,” he teased, then he gently pulled on my hand led me out of his room.

Once again, the car ride home was quiet, besides the radio playing quietly in the background. I caught Pete glance at me occasionally, though, I was certain I was looking at him more than he was at me. I felt his hand brush against mine, his warm compared to my cold ones. If I didn't know any better, I could've sworn he was trying to hold my hand.

When we pulled up in front of my house, I still sat in the car, waiting for Pete to say something.

“Sooo... I'll see you tomorrow, okay?” Pete said, smiling a little.

I nodded, returning the smile. “Yeah, definitely,” I said, pushing the door open. But before I had a chance to step out, I felt Pete's arms wrap around me.

“Sorry, I just thought you needed one,” he said sheepishly before I stepped out of the car, dazed. It was practically my first encounter with anyone, let alone the boy of my dreams.

I got inside, plopping down on the couch. Of course, mom was right by my side the moment I sat down. “So, honey, did you have fun?”

I rolled my eyes. She asked this question every time and this was always my answer: “Yeah, we had fun.”

“Good... Patrick, can I ask you something?” she asked, putting her arm around me. I scowled, shrugging her off. No matter how old I got, she still treated me like a child.

I shrugged. “Yeah, whatever, shoot.” Her eyes shifted away from me uncomfortably, looking the mess on the table from tonight's dinner. “How close are you to Pete? When he brings you home, I notice that you look at him in a way that's, well... it's not the way you normally look at a friend.”

I stood up, instantly angry. “What the fuck, have you been looking out the window at us or something?”

“There's no need to take that tone with me, young man, and don't you raise your voice at me! I have the right to know what's going on between you and this mystery friend of yours. I've never even met him! Now, answer the question.” she said, her voice calm at the end.

My hand turned into a fist, but I refrained from throwing a punch at the nearest object. “You know what mom? You're never going to meet him because you don't deserve to know a great guy like him.”
“And why is this?” her voice getting more annoying by the second. I fought the urge to scream at her face.

“Because mom, I like him, okay? And I mean really like him. Because... I'm bisexual!” I yelled, quickly running up the stairs, slamming my bedroom door shut behind me. I threw myself on my bed, covering my pillow with tears. Just as I suspected, she didn't come up. I knew she wouldn't. Of course she didn't approve... she wants me to marry the perfect girl and give her grandchildren. The thought of me being with a man probably just kills her.

My cell phone rang in my pocket, scaring me a little. Pulling it out of my pocket, the caller ID said that it was Pete calling. I thought about rejecting it, but at the last minute, I decided to answer.

“Hello,” I said, my voice cracking a little. I knew I couldn't hide the fact that I'd been crying, so I didn't bother.

“Patrick? Are you okay?” he asked in a concerned voice. The thought that he actually cared amazed me.

I sniffled, wiping away another tear. “I just told my mom that I'm... bisexual,” I said, whispering the last word so she wouldn't hear.

“And how did it go?”

I rolled my eyes. “Obviously not well. You should've seen the way she looked at me. Her eyes were filled with... disappointment.”

“Oh, Patrick, I'm sorry. Anything I can do to help?” His voice turned into a whisper, as if he was trying not to upset me with loud noise.

I sighed. “Well, not really.” I started to count the glow-in-the-dark stars that were stuck on my ceiling, though I knew there was exactly 52.

“Uhm, do you wanted me to come over or something?”

I snorted. “Pete, I don't think this is the best time for you to meet my mother.”

“No, I mean, you could sneak out and I could come get you.”

Closing my eyes, I thought about what he said. I really didn't know what to do. That would be the first time I'd ever done something bad. Ever.

“Patrick?” he asked impatiently.

I snapped out of my trance. “Yeah?”

“Do you want me to come get you or not?”

“Uhhh... what the hell, sure. Not like staying here will help me any,” I decided, immediately sitting up to go to the bathroom.
“Alright, Patrick, I'll be there in about ten minutes. Just look for me out your window, jump, and I'll catch you.”

“Okay, bye, see you soon,” I said, hanging up the phone. The thought of jumping out my window scared me, but if I got hurt, at least it would be on my mom's conscience.

The ten minutes went by slower than I thought. After I fixed up my hair (and brushed my teeth...), I waited in front of the window, looking outside it every five seconds. But finally, he was there, pulling over to the side of the road. He got out and even from a distance, he looked as stunning as ever. Then he got into position, right under the window.

“Jump!” he whispered loudly, his arms outstretched.

I raised my eyebrow. “Are you sure you can handle my weight? I'm not that light.”

He stuck his tongue at me. “I'll be fine, you're not even that heavy. When I push you off the bed, you're practically weightless. Now come on, jump already!”

“Okay, jeez!” I said, pushing myself out of the window. For the five seconds I was free falling, I was scared shitless. But when Pete caught me in his arms, just as he promised, I instantly felt better. His eyes locked with mine as he still held me up. Surprisingly, he wasn't breaking a sweat.

“I'm sure you're pretty traumatized right now, so I'll just carry you to the car,” he said, moving forward.

I shook my head. “No, that's okay, you don't have to do that.”

He just held me tighter, still walking. “No, it's okay, I can do it,” then we reached the car and he opened the door, holding me with one hand. I didn't know how he did it.

After we drove off, he turned the radio down. “So, where do you wanna go?”

I shrugged. “I don't know. Somewhere we can be alone... I don't feel like talking to anyone else right now.”

He nodded, turning quickly in a different direction. “I know the perfect place, then.”

“Okay,” I said, leaning my head against the window. I wondered where he could've been possibly taking me. Wherever it was, it wasn't anywhere I was familiar with. Suddenly, we stopped arriving at a place that had nothing but trees and a small bench.

I stepped outside, stretching my legs. “Where are we and why did you take me here?”

“We are at this little spot just at the edge of town and we are here because,” he got behind me, turning me so I was facing an amazing view of the entire city. “of that.”

“Wow,” I breathed, blushing a little when I realized that his hands were still on my shoulders. “This is amazing. I can't believe I've never seen this place.”

He shrugged, pulling me over to the benches. “Not many people have. I discovered it one day when I was angry with my mom. I drove around for awhile and suddenly, here I am, looking at this amazing view. Now, I come here every time I feel the need to be alone. To think.”

Sitting down, I sat closely to Pete. It was late October, meaning it was a little chilly. And, of course, I forgot to bring a jacket.

“Are you cold?” he asked, looking at my arms that were covered in goose bumps.

I rubbed my arms to create friction. “Yeah, a little.”

He put his arms around me, his chin resting on my shoulder. “Is that better?” he breathed into my ear, causing more shivers to go down my spine.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. “Yeah, a lot better.”

We sat in silence for a while, though, we really didn't need to speak. The wind rustled the leaves in the trees, making more than enough noise for me. In fact, it was so relaxing, I felt my eyes start to close.

“Patrick?” Pete said, interrupting my thoughts.

I unwillingly opened my eyes. “Yeah?”

His embrace tightened, his hands rubbing my cold arms. “I was thinking about what happened earlier.”

“What about it?” My heart started to race, it almost pounding too loudly for me to hear him.

“Well, I thought it was a shame that your mom interrupted us. So, I was thinking, maybe we could start where we left off....?” his voice almost sounding nervous.

Is Pete Wentz actually nervous about kissing me?

Pete let go of me, turning my head in his direction. He leaned in, starting to close the space between us. I leaned forward too, making the space even smaller. And soon, the space was completely closed, our lips touching lightly. He put more pressure, though the taste of his lips still sweet. They were soft... and warm, compared to the cold air. My heart pounded faster than it ever had before, it racking against my ribs.

I nearly had a heart attack when I felt Pete slip his tongue into my mouth, swirling around the inside of my cheeks. My tongue also entered his mouth, trying to copy the pattern he was doing. His hands wandered up and down my back, slipping up my shirt when it got to the bottom. I did the same, his soft skin feeling great against my hands. I broke our kiss to daringly kiss his neck, sucking and licking at the sensitive area. He moaned lightly, his breathing sounding almost irregular. His hands moved to my chest, rubbing my nipples with his thumb. My moan vibrated on his skin, making him shiver.

There were suddenly headlights shined in our faces briefly, making us scramble apart. We laughed when we realized it was just a passing car.

He checked the time on his phone. “Shit, it's almost 11:30. We should probably get going.”
He offered his hand to help me off the bench and I gladly accepted it, my legs too weak to lift me up on their own. It was almost as if Pete's kiss turned my knee caps into Jell-o.

We arrived at my house, his car discreetly parked on the side of the road.

“Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow,” he said, grinning.

I grinned back, my face almost glowing. “Yeah, can't wait.”

But then it hit me. Why would he want anyone to know... about us? Pete's popular, I'm not. It makes sense not to tell anyone. To stay away from me as much as possible. Poor guy, his friend's have already been questioning why he's been hanging out with me, but he always told them to lay off. What would he say to them when they catch us kissing?

“Pete, they don't have to know,” I whispered, my head down.

“Know what?”

Despite myself, a tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away. “They don't have to know about us... together.”

He laughed, rolling his eyes. “Do you really think I care about what they think? If you do, newsflash: I don't. I could care less. They're a bunch of guys whose goal is to get laid by every girl on the cheer
squad. Not sure why I hang out with them, really...”

“But Pete, I don't want you to be like me!” I yelled, the tears still coming.

His arms wrapped around me, kissing my tear stained cheek. “You listen to me. There's nothing wrong with being like you. I don't care if I'm the most hated guy on Earth. As long as you're by my side, I won't care.”

He wiped my tears away with the sleeve of his jacket, then kissed my cheek again. “Now, you better go before your mom realizes that you left.”

“But how do I get back up to my window?”

“Oh, just climb that thing right there and it'll lead you right to the window.”

I nodded, it seeming easy enough. “Alright, well, bye, Pete,” I said, kissing his cheek before I got out.

The climb up the “thing” (I was never sure on what to call it) easily, getting into my room safely. I fell on the bed with a soft thud, not even bothering to take off my clothes. It took me about two minutes for me to drift off into sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YAY, this one's even longer than the second chapter! Thanks to everyone who reviewed, it made me extremely happy that so many people read. Keep reading, please. And do not forget to REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story