Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everyone Loves An Underdog

It's not gossip if it's the truth

by falloutboyrox728 3 reviews

What happens at school? Guess you'll have to read to find out.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-03-14 - Updated: 2009-03-14 - 2577 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- It's not gossip if it's the truth.

Waking up the next morning, I immediately thought about last night’s events.. The word amazing would be the understatement of the year. I rolled out of bed, proceeding to my bathroom to take a shower. After stripping, I got in, letting the warm water work the kinks out of my shoulders.

I must’ve slept on it wrong.

Making sure I rinsed all the shampoo out of my hair, I got out, almost stumbling out of the shower. Muttering to myself, I regained my balance, and wrapped a towel around my waist. When I walked out of the bathroom, I was surprised to see Pete there, reading one of my comic books. I jumped, covering up my chest, still clutching my towel.

“Pete, what are you doing in here?” I hissed, making sure mom couldn’t hear me. His brown eyes glanced up at me, a smile forming on his lips.

“I’m gonna take you to school today. Now, hurry up, I don’t want to late to school because you’re gonna help me study for that math test we have today,” he said, throwing boxers at my face.

I raised my eyebrow, holding the underwear in my hand. “Did you go looking through my drawers?”

He grinned. “Yeah, I was looking for you underwear, and that’s where I found this comic book. Interesting place to keep them.” His eyes were still glued to me, though I could tell he wasn’t looking at my face. And of course, it made me feel like hiding.

“Pete, would you not look at me like that?” I asked, wrapping the towel more tightly around me. It surprised me when he got up from the bed and sauntered over to me, wrapping one of my wet strands of hair around his finger. “Why, babe, does it make you nervous?”

I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. His eyes were locked on mine, making me squirm even more.

“Patrick, you don’t have to be nervous around me. I love your body. In fact, it’s taking all of my strength not to rip that towel off, throw you on the bed, and have my way with you,” he whispered, his lips just centimeters away from my ear. A chill went down my spine as his fingers slowly made their way down my body, getting dangerously close to my towel. I gasped when he stroked the fabric where my growing erection was. He chuckled, removing his fingers.

“You turn on like a light switch, Patrick. Definitely easy to please. But not now, you have to get ready for school.”

I cursed under my breath, forgetting that I had to go to school. And I nearly forgot how to breath when I realized that we had to face them. All of those people, we’re gonna surprise them alright. ‘Oh, hey, we’re dating.’ I rolled my eyes, the thought seeming ridiculous. Sometimes I doubted how smart Pete really was.

“I don’t want to go to school. Remember, they don’t know about… us.”

He shrugged his shoulders, his face blank. “And? Look, if they don’t like us for who we are, then we don’t have to hang out with them, right?”

“I suppose not, but-” and he cut me off, placing his finger on my lips. “Patrick, just quit worrying about it. No matter what, we’ll always have each other. Always.”

I smiled, his hopeful face almost making me believe his far-fetched dreams. Too bad I knew better. But none the less, I went along with it, not wanting to discuss it any longer. I went to my closet, picking out a band t-shirt, sweater vest, and black skinny jeans. Pete chuckled and I turned around, looking at him strangely.

“What, don’t like my outfit?”

He giggled, making me laugh as well. “No, I think it’s cute. I just love how you wear sweater vests.” I frowned, looking at the sweater vest. Originally, I had bought them because someone told me that they make you look manly. So much for that. “Cute? Is that all? It’s not manly?”

A grin spread across his face, it wider than I’d ever seen it. “Oh, yes, Patrick, it’s very manly. Sexy, even.”

“Oh, hardy har har,” I said, putting on the band t-shirt. Then I snatched the sweater vest out of his hands, putting it on regardless of his comments. I motioned for him to turn away so I could put on my bottoms. He rolled his eyes and turned around, his back facing me. Just to make sure, though, I dressed quickly, getting on my tight pants as fast as I could.

“Okay, you can turn around now,” I said, heading towards the bathroom. I came back out, a brush in my hand. After I worked out all the knots, I smoothed it out, placing a hat over it.

His reflection appeared behind me in the mirror, his arms around my waist. “Can I ask you something?” And before I could reply, he continued. “Why do you always wear a hat?”

I blushed. No one, not even the teachers, ever asked me that question, so I didn’t know how to respond. “I don’t know, I just like hats, I guess.”

“Not that I mind or anything- I think it looks cute- I was just curious. I guess I know what to buy you for your birthday,” he chuckled, removing his arms from my waist. After checking my hair one last time, I was ready.

“Okay, so, how are you gonna drive me to school? You can't just come down stairs with me,” I questioned.

He walked to my window, pushing it open in one swift movement. “I'll just go out this way and you can meet me down there. Don't tell your mom, though, she probably wouldn't let you in the car with me.” Then he climbed out, making his way towards the car.

I quickly ran downstairs in hopes of avoiding my mother. No such luck.

“Patrick, aren't you going to eat breakfast before you go?” she said, handing me a Pop-Tart. I grimaced. She got the strawberry kind, which she knew I hated.

Handing it back to her, I shook my head. “No, I'm fine, I'll just get something at school later. I better run, I don't want to be late.” Before she could respond, I was out the door, quickly getting into Pete's car.

He grinned, taking my hand. “You made it. I was worried that you caved and told her.”

I rolled my eyes. “No, she just tried to convince me to eat breakfast first but I told her I'd get some later.”

He dropped the conversation, turning up the radio a little louder. I turned to face the window, pressing my forehead against the cool glass. My breath fogged up the window as I began to breath heavily, the reality setting in.

Pete must be crazy if he thinks people would understand. I mean, look at me, I'm the biggest loser in school. Does he really think his friends and the rest of the school would welcome us with open arms? Call me a pessimist, but I don't think it'll happen that way.

Before I knew it, we were pulling into a parking space and Pete turned off the engine. He nudged me, thinking I was asleep. “Come on, Patrick, time to get up.”

“I'm not sleeping, Pete, I was just thinking about-” he interrupted me with a loud sigh.

“Patrick, I really wish you would quit being such a pessimist about everything. Everything will be fine, just stop worrying about it,” he said, opening up his car door. He went around and opened up my door, causing me to almost fall flat on my face. Luckily, Pete was there to catch me. He laughed, helping the rest of my body out of the car. “You can be such a klutz sometimes.”

I snarled, brushing the dirt off me. “I wouldn't have fallen if you didn't open the door like that.”

He just shrugged, pulling on my hand. “Had to get you out some way.” After I caught up with him, he removed his hand from mine and wrapped it around my waist, pulling me close. Normally, I wouldn't have minded it, but I blushed deeply, looking around to see if anyone saw. It seemed like no one was outside, so I relaxed a little. But then when we got to the doors of the school, my heart sped back up, my breathing shallow.

Pete squeezed me gently, trying to get me to calm down. “Patrick, it'll be fine. I'm gonna open the doors now, are you sure you're okay?”

I nodded, despite the fact that I was lying. He opened the doors slowly, going ahead of me. After we were both inside, he quickly wrapped his arm around me once more, holding me closer than before. It was almost if he was trying to protect me from the eyes that were already staring at us.

I knew there would be staring, but what I didn't expect was the silence. It was like if the school had a remote control and someone pushed the mute button. All I could hear was the sounds of our soles hitting the ground as we made our way down the hall, more eyes following us as we got closer to my locker. I swallowed hard, trying to keep myself from crying the tears that were dying to get out.

Opening my locker, I grabbed the math book that I forgot to take home, though I knew I'd pass the test. Pete still had his arm around me protectively, but his cheek now rested against mine, his breathing even compared to mine. It was almost as if the stares didn't tear up his insides like it did mine. But I could tell it hurt, even if it was just a little. I could see it in his eyes, them filled with disappointment that his assumptions weren't true. Sometimes it payed to be a pessimist.

The silence soon turned into whispers, though I could hear them perfectly. I tuned into the conversation that was happening right next to me.

“I didn't know Pete was gay,” one girl from my history class said. I think her name is Amber.

The other girl, her name Crystal, spoke. “Neither did I. I didn't know Fatrick was gay either.”

The girls giggled, the nickname that I'd been given tickling them. “But seriously, even though Pete's gay, he could've done way better than that.”

“Oh, God, I know. Who in their right mind would stick with him? This is totally gonna ruin Pete's reputation.”

“Too bad, Pete's pretty hot. I'd tap that.” They laughed, walking away. I was thankful they did, their true words stabbing at my heart. It hurt to breath.

Pete rolled his eyes, closing up my locker. “Don't listen to them. I wouldn't sleep with either one of them even if they were the last people on earth.”

I kept my head down, still trying to control the tears that were close to falling. After taking a few deep breaths, I finally looked up at Pete's worried face.

“Are you okay?” he asked, rubbing my back. The fact that the only thing he cared about was me made me want to cry more. But I held it together.

I nodded. “I'm fine, let's just go to class.” And I walked away, Pete quickly catching up to me to once again put his arm around my waist. And then, my worst nightmare came true. His friends spotted us, their faces twisted up in disgust and anger.

One guy, someone from the soccer team, was first to speak. “Pete, what the hell are you doing with this loser? Since when were you a fag?”

Pete pushed him away, ignoring his comment. He continued to walk with me, his arm wrapping tighter around me. I could feel his anger building up, his breathing getting heavier. The guys followed, the taller one speaking next. “Yeah, Pete, when did you turn queer on us?”

He whipped his head around, glaring at him. “Why don't you just shut the hell up? If you don't accept the fact that I'm bisexual and with Patrick, then I don't want to hang out with you.”

The guy just shook his head. “Look, Pete, just ditch him, okay? There's this one cheerleader who told me she'd like to-”

Pete cut him off and said, “No, I don't want to fuck some little whore from the cheerleading squad. I'm dating Patrick, so, just get over it.”

One of the other guys put his hand on his friend's shoulder. “Chris, just forget it man, if he wants to be a faggot, let him.” He took one last look at Pete before he turned to leave with his friends.

I wanted to cry, I really did, but I stayed strong for Pete. Looking at him, I saw no emotion in his eyes. They were cold, one look at them making me shiver. I so badly wanted to kiss away the frown that he had on his face, but I knew it'd just make our situation worse than it already was.

“Pete, are you okay?” I said, touching his face lightly with my fingertips.

He nodded, taking my hand. “Yeah, I'm fine, let's just go to class.”

Sooner than I wanted, lunch arrived, meaning more stares and more whispering from our “peers”. We quickly went through the lunch line and found an empty table. Of course, Pete's “friends” avoided us, sitting at a table almost across the room. I had no friends to worry about, thankfully.

We sat in silence as I forked at my salad, though I wasn't hungry. Their stares made me lose my appetite. Pete cleared his throat and I looked up to see him smiling at me. It was the first one I'd seen on his face since this morning.

“What, did I get something on my shirt?” I asked, looking down. When I didn't see anything, I looked back up at him.

“Nothing, you just look so cute. And I was thinking,” he took my hand from across the table, rubbing his thumb along my knuckles. We got more disgusted stares from the tables around us. “Why let them bother us? Fuck them all!” He grinned, yelling out the last phrase. More stares.

I couldn't help but smile at his courageous attitude. “You're right, Pete, let's just fuck the whole world!” I said, not stopping the sarcasm that coated my words.

“Come on, I'm serious. It's none of their damn business of whether or not we're dating. I like you, you like me, why should they care?”

I shrugged. “Oh, I don't know, Pete, are you really sure you want to go along with this? Do you really want to keep dragging yourself down by dating me?”

He rolled his eyes, his smile fading a little. “Patrick, please, like I'd let a bunch of assholes tell me who I will and will not date. I'm yours, babe.”

And for some reason, I believed him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reviewing! Glad you guys enjoy it. But please... keep reviewing. It's the only way this story will continue and I actually like this one.
Sign up to rate and review this story