Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You Make Me Live

Looking To Fight, This Isn't Alright

by charliexbrown 1 review

Oh dear. Male egos take over (as per usual...) and more goes wrong. Gulp.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-03-02 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 1176 words - Complete

0Unrated
An hour later, Patrick decided to leave the bus for a bit of fresh air. As he opened the door Andy appeared in front of him, rubbing his forehead in pain. First his finger, now his head.

‘Oh, sorry man, I had no idea you were there,’ Patrick chuckled.
‘That’s cool. Hey, let me in, it’s cold out here!’
‘That’s what you get for wearing shorts in March…’

They both went and sat on the sofas facing each other, grabbing a Coke on the way. Recently they’d been sharing buses, while Joe and Pete shared a separate one. It was the only way to keep the two from murdering each other.

‘Did Pete come and talk to you?’
Patrick snorted. ‘We all know it’d just result in another argument.’
‘But… he said he was going to set things straight with you. I told him to, and he said he wanted to talk to you. He said he’d give it half an hour.’
‘Well, that’s just another broken promise. He was probably too busy with someone more interesting. Like Ashlee, or John Mayer, or some random fan, or…’ Patrick sighed and rubbed his forehead. ‘It’s like I don’t exist these days. Either that or I’m the most boring person on the planet.’
Andy sighed, disappointed with Pete for not showing, disappointed with Patrick for his low self-esteem. ‘Patrick, you are NOT boring. Look, if he won’t come to you, then go to him. Set things straight. Make a vow to not fight for a week or something. Anything. Go on, do it now, before this mess gets any worse! Come on, it’s awful, this constant fighting. And it’s not fair on me and Joe, or the other bands. Even the fans can sense this stupid tension in the air.’
Patrick blinked in surprise at Andy’s sudden boldness. Joe appeared at the door with some Reese’s Pieces in hand.
‘And Joe, you could help me with this! Why should I have to be the counsellor for BOTH of them? While you’re off playing video games or smoking or whatever, I’m trying to keep this band together!’
Joe blinked too. ‘What happened? I’m just eating candy!’
Patrick took this sudden outburst as a sign to leave.

********************************

The players were streaming across the pitch, frantically trying to regain possession of the ball. But it was too late – the striker took aim, and the ball shot to the back of the net. Pete punched the air in triumph and leaned back on the sofa.

‘Nice shot.’

He jumped, and looked round to see Patrick leaning over the back of sofa watching the screen. It was then he remembered his decision to go and talk to him earlier.

‘Andy said you wanted to talk to me?’
‘Uh… yeah, um… Just let me go get a drink first, OK?’
‘What’s wrong with now?’ Patrick asked as Pete struggled up off the sofa.
‘What’s wrong with a bit later?’
‘It’ll be too late by then. You’ll forget. You always forget.’

Patrick had tried to keep his cool, but could already feel it slipping away from him.

‘I don’t ALWAYS forget. I’m just busy, that’s all.’
‘Doing what? Whenever I see you, you’re with someone you hardly know, pretending to be their friend. All these rappers you hang out with.’
Pete frowned. ‘You take that back,’ he snarled.
‘Why should I, when we both know it’s true? And Ashlee. I don’t even know why you married her. You idiot. It was probably just a shotgun wedding, right?’

Pete’s mouth fell open, but Patrick couldn’t stop. The hurtful things just kept flowing from his mouth. Eventually Pete had had enough.

‘HEY! Shut up! Why are you saying all this??? I’ve never been so insulted in all my life…’
‘Well obviously, no one’s pitied you enough to tell you what a shambles it is-’

Patrick was cut off as Pete threw his fist into his jaw. As Patrick fell to his knees clutching his face he felt shocked, but only for a moment as he stood up and shoved Pete onto the floor, banging his head hard. Pete kicked out and sent Patrick crashing too, and they both fought in a whirlwind of fists and kicking, until they were dragged off each other by an outraged Andy and Joe.

‘How are we gonna get this into your thick skulls??? NO MORE FIGHTS! Guys, just CUT IT OUT!’

Pete shrugged Andy off his shoulders and stormed out, giving Patrick a disgusted glare before slamming the door behind him. The whole bus shook with his anger, leaving a terrible silence.

Outside Pete walked fast, the cold air cooling his anger, trying to shrug off all the things Patrick had said. It was outrageous. He knew exactly how to get to Pete and had kept on at him, over and over again. His blood started to boil again, and at that moment he hated Patrick, more than he had ever hated anyone.

Some time later he punched in the door code and climbed the steps wearily.

‘Hey, Pete. Why so glum?’

He looked up to see Laura smiling at him. She was sitting on the sofa watching TV, her curls cascading round her shoulders and her eyes twinkling invitingly.

‘Whoops, wrong bus. Still, mind if I join you?’
‘Sure, go ahead.’ She shifted her feet from the end of the sofa and Pete sat down heavily. ‘It’s a long story, I’m not sure I wanna go into it right now.’
She smiled again. ‘That’s OK.’

There was silence while they both watched Snake stealing a car on The Simpsons. Well, Pete was watching… or at least trying to. He could feel Laura’s eyes on him, eyeing him up and down. He breathed out gently, and stared back. There was no denying she was gorgeous, with flawless skin and a cheeky nose. Plus she was in a tight vest and skimpy pyjama shorts, and any guy will tell you that’s a bonus.

‘What are you staring at?’
‘You were staring first.’
She smiled again, and leant over, whispering in his ear. ‘So what if I did?’

Pete gulped. He knew it would be wrong. He was married, he had a baby. But all thought of his family vanished from his mind as Laura started softly kissing down his neck. He smiled to himself as he switched the TV off, allowing Laura to take full advantage of him. Besides, there was one good thing. He could get one up on Patrick. He was sure he’d never find out about a little one-night stand with his girlfriend.

********************************
[AN: OOOOOOOOH. Bad call, Pete. BAD CALL. So yeah, just thought you’d like to know the Joe line is from Friends, the one where Monica makes Christmas candy for the neighbours. Hehe. It just fitted the situation.]
Sign up to rate and review this story