Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You Make Me Live

Guilty Pleasure

by charliexbrown 0 reviews

Yeah, I don’t like this chapter. It’s all over a bit quickly, and I didn’t know what to call it … but don’t let that put you off. [grin]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Crossover - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-03-02 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 1264 words - Complete

0Unrated
Joe threw the controller down on the sofa. ‘OK man, you win. I’m beat. Now come on, lemme get to bed, I’m exhausted.’
What? Joe, it’s only half eleven!’
‘That’s late enough for me tonight.’ He yawned and started sleepily towards the bunks. ‘Remember to turn off the light when you leave,’ he added as the door closed behind him.

Patrick sighed and turned off the TV, stretching. He stood up and walked to the door, flipping off the light switch and zipping his hoodie up before stepping out into the bitter cold. As he ran against the wind to the bus, he could see there was a light on inside. Great, he thought to himself, I can chat to Andy for a while. He entered the code and ran up the steps into the warmth of the bus… and heard a gasp.

He was sure it came from the bunks. He strained his ears to hear something with a slight grin, thinking it was Andy and some girl, but he couldn’t hear a sound. He shrugged it off and went to fetch a glass of water, the rushing tap drowning out the frantic whispers a few feet away.

The tap was turned off, and the rushing abruptly stopped – he heard the whispers. He shot a look at the bedroom door and suddenly saw something familiar… a pyjama top. Blue, skimpy… a daisy on the hem…

Oh no.

He strode to the door, too confused and angry and upset to think about the consequences of opening it, flinging it open to come face to face… with a sickening sight. The two people he cared about most in the world. Together giving him the biggest shock of his life. His girlfriend… and his best friend?

‘Patrick… I can explain this–’

He gulped, shaking. The shock was subsiding slowly. Pete. And Laura. Pete and Laura? PETE AND LAURA?! Patrick exploded.

‘HOW? How the hell are you gonna explain THIS, Wentz? How do you explain sleeping with… with MY girlfriend?! Just… just get out of my sight!!
‘But Trick–’

Patrick stumbled out of the room and into the cold. The anger was now subsiding too, giving way to deep grief. He couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t believe Laura had done that to him, without so much as an apology… but Pete? His best friend of almost ten years, the person who he’d shared everything with, had created his future with, the person who had built him into who he was today. The fact that Pete had betrayed him so nonchalantly whipped him like the wind biting at his damp cheeks. Eventually Patrick fell to his knees by the wheelie bins, out of sight and out of the wind, and let the tears stream down his face, choking out sobs.

‘Patrick! PATRICK! Please, Trick, talk to me!!

Pete’s desperate voice carried over the wind and Patrick ducked out of sight, so as not to be seen looking so helpless. Eventually the calls faded away, and he stood up shakily, ran all the way back to his bunk, and buried his anguished face into the pillow as his heart slowly split in two.

********************************

‘Trav, have you seen Patrick this morning?’
Travis brushed his hair out of his eyes and frowned. ‘Hmm… not today, I don’t think. Sorry, man.’
Pete groaned and rubbed his forehead. Travis looked at him sympathetically. It was great having other bands for friends. Pete didn’t feel he could face Joe and Andy right now. They just reminded him of the band, and that reminded him of Patrick, and how they’d written every song together, built it up from its foundations…
‘Rough night?’
Pete was jolted out of his daydream. ‘You could say that…’
‘You guys haven’t been getting on too well lately, have you? Don’t worry, he’ll turn up sooner or later.’
‘Hope so. See you later.’

The rest of the morning was spent looking everywhere for Patrick – in the other band’s buses, all over the venue, even in the wheelie bins. Around midday Pete gave up and slouched back to the bus to blog about something. It always took his mind off things. He’d only just booted up the laptop when a familiar face appeared at the door. It was Patrick.

Pete’s heart fluttered. He felt relieved, angry and terribly guilty all at once. Throwing the laptop down he rushed over to Patrick and threw his arms around him, but before he could snuggle in he found himself flat on the floor.

‘Don’t you dare do that again.’ Patrick’s voice was steady and calm, but terrifying.
‘W-What are you doing here? I looked everywhere for you–’
‘I know. I wasn’t ready to talk. But I am now.’

Pete struggled up off the floor and sat gingerly on the sofa as Patrick paced around.

‘I don’t know why you felt the need to take my girlfriend when you have an entire family of your own. Can you answer me that?’
‘OK, I’ll be honest with you. I was so mad at you, and I mean, really mad. Then I accidentally went on your bus, and Laura started giving me these looks, and I swear I didn’t mean it to happen–’
‘Liar. You meant it. You wanted to hurt me. I know you inside out, Pete.’
Pete licked his lips nervously. ‘…OK, I did before it happened, but then I heard you come in and I felt so… so guilty, and stupid, and terrible. I feel terrible now. Please, Trick, believe me.’
He stood up and grabbed Patrick’s wrist. ‘I know it’s bad…’ his voice started to crack, ‘I know it’s the lowest I’ve ever sunk, and you deserve a much, much better friend than me… but please, please try and forgive me.’

He bit his lip and stared into Patrick’s eyes, and he stared back, icy blues into deep pools of brown. Patrick knew Pete was desperate. But it wasn’t enough. He shrugged Pete’s hand away.

‘I’ve already thought about this long and hard. And I’ve come to the conclusion that yes, this IS the lowest you’ve sunk. Despite all the times over the past few months you’ve ignored me, or replaced me with someone else. I thought that was bad enough. But this? This is the worst.’ Pete whimpered sadly.

‘So I’ve made a decision. We’ll finish this tour, we owe the fans that much. Then I’m out of here.’
Pete sighed. ‘Come on, Trick–’
‘One of us will have to tell Andy and Joe, and our record label. Before the end of the tour, hopefully. Then I’m packing my bags and going home.’
‘No. Please, we can work this out–’
‘And I don’t ever, ever want to see you or hear from you again.’
‘Patrick, PLEASE!’

Patrick turned and made for the door, but Pete was quicker. He flung his arms tight around Patrick, burying his head into his neck, breathing in his familiar smell.

‘Please, don’t go anywhere, Trick. Not till we’ve sorted this. Please… please…’ he mumbled into Patrick’s shirt. Patrick knew Pete was holding back tears, but for once he couldn’t have cared less. He struggled free of Pete’s clutches and ran from the bus, slamming the door, leaving Pete alone to wipe away his own tears. With no one to comfort him but himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story