Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Deceiving.

Seven.

by goodgollyitsHOLLY 3 reviews

Chapter seven. It's a good one.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-03-02 - Updated: 2009-03-03 - 1555 words

0Predictable

Seven

Thanksgiving. Usually, Holly and I would pack up and go home for the holiday but not this year; this year our families were flying to Vegas to spend the break with us. The plan was that they’d stay in hotels since our apartment was big enough for four people max and since Ryan only left for short periods of time we could only really fit one more person and not my parents, brother or Holly’s parents.
“When are your rents flying in?” Holly asked me as we spent the morning before cleaning up the apartment.
“Um...ten o’clock tomorrow morning I believe. What about your yours?”
“Well they aren’t coming in until the day after tomorrow but I think my mom said they’d be here around noon.” She said as she ran a dust rag over one of the book shelves. “Are you going to hang out with your fam tomorrow then?”
“I’ll probably pick them up and have lunch with them but I don’t think I’ll spend the entire day with them, you know?” She nodded. I didn’t notice until now, but she was very pale and looked like she was coming down with something. “Are you feeling alright?”
“I don’t know. I feel kind of...off.” She shrugged.
“Here, why don’t you take it easy for a while. We can watch a movie or something.”
“Alright. I’m going to change.” She told me before heading into her room. I put the cleaning supplies in their spot underneath the sink before I heard her calling for me.
“What’s wrong?”
“I thought I wasn’t supposed to get this chub until after Thanksgiving.” She said as she stood sideways looking in her full-length mirror. Her normally flat stomach was now a small bump.
“Maybe you’re bloated. When was the last time you got your period?”
“Uh...I don’t remember...” She said before she put her hand over her mouth and ran into the bathroom to empty the contents of her stomach.
“Oh my gosh, do you need me to call someone? Ryan or a doctor?”
“No, no, I’m fine and I don’t want Ryan to come back from work all worried.” She said before getting sick again. This was strange, first the ‘bloat’, then not remembering when her last period was and now...getting sick? Oh. My. God. I kneeled down to pull something out of the cabinet under the sink before standing upright again with a small box in my hand.
“Holly...I think you should take this...” I told her as she flushed the toilet before brushing her teeth. “Like, today.” I said before setting the box on the counter. She glanced at it quickly before taking another look. Her big eyes got even bigger once she realized what it was.
“No, no, it’s not that. I’m just not feeling well. I promise it isn’t that, Cait.”
“Holly, you can’t even tell me when your last period was, your stomach isn’t flat anymore and you just got sick. Don’t tell me it isn’t that until you take that test and verify.”

-
“It’s negative!” Holly exclaimed as she ran out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where I was wiping down the counters.
“What?”
“It’s negative! It’s negative. I’m not pregnant!” Holly said excitedly as she felt her stomach churn again. There was no way she was going to make it to the bathroom in time so she ran to the kitchen sink and dry heaved.
“Gross.” I complained as I walked further away. “Well, if you’re not pregnant then what do you think is wrong with you?”
“I don’t know.” Holly whined with her head in the sink.
“Go to the doctor and stop throwing up in the sink.” I complained again.
“Yeah, I’ll call Urgent Care.”
“Do you want me to take you?”
“No, it’s okay. I’ll have Ryan take me when he gets off.”
“Okay.” Holly once again dry heaved. She had nothing left in her stomach but the queasiness didn’t seem to subside.

Three hours later there was a knock on the door. Both Holly and I prayed that it was Ryan. Holly because she was going to the doctor and me because I was ready to stop hearing her throw up.
“Oh thank God.” I mumbled as Ryan walked into the apartment.
“I knew Holly would be excited to see me but I had no idea I had two beautiful girls excited to see me.” He smirked.
“Take her. Get her out of here. If she gets sick one more time, I’m going to be sick too.” I said as Holly sluggishly walked into the room in a striped sweater and yoga pants.
“Babe, are you alright?”
“She’s been sick all day.”
“But I’m not pregnant!” Ryan’s eyes got as big as saucers.
“There was a chance?”
“For a split second but the test was negative. Just get her out of here.” I said as I pushed them out of our apartment.
“Are you alright babe?”
“I just need to see the doctor.” Ryan nodded, worried about his love. He drove a little faster than the legal limit to the clinic where Holly had called.

After filling out her paperwork for her while she sat with her head between her legs, Ryan handed the clipboard back to the receptionist.
“We’ll call her back in a few minutes so the doctor can see her.” She smiled. Ryan walked back to sit next to Holly. He rubbed her back as he looked around at the various people in the waiting room ranging from couples just like them to single women with crying babies. It was loud and the people were rude.

An hour later, a nurse called Holly back to the room. Ryan stood next to her as she sat on the examining bed as they waited for the doctor to come in.
“Next time we go to the doctor maybe we should go to another clinic.” Ryan complained.
“I’m sorry.” Holly said as she began to cry.
“Baby, baby, baby calm down, I didn’t mean to upset you. I was just trying to break the silence.” Ryan started to notice a few differences in Holly too. First she was sick, strange for her, she wasn’t one to get sick. She was crying because he complained about something when normally she just complained right along with him. And let’s not even talk about the little bulge she had acquired. She blamed it on the upcoming holidays but normally, Holly was much, much more fit than that.
“Ah, Ms. Monahan, I’m sorry to keep you waiting.” A middle-aged doctor said as he walked into the room.
“It’s okay.” Holly smiled.
“What seems to be the problem?”
“She’s been really sick and emotional all day.” Ryan answered for her.
“Alright. The first thing I need to do is get a urine sample and then a blood sample so I can run a few tests.” Holly nodded. As she and Ryan waited for the test Holly began to think.
“Hypothetically speaking if the test had been positive what would you have done?”
“I don’t know.” Ryan said. “I haven’t ever really thought about having a baby...not right now at least.”
“Oh.” Holly said as the doctor walked back in.
“Well Ms. Monahan, I have your test results back.”
“Alright.”
“Congratulations, you’re expecting!”
“...Expecting what?” Holly asked after a minute of silence.
“A baby. You’re pregnant.”
“I’m sorry...what?”
“You’re pregnant and it seems like you’re a little further along than one would expect. You’ll want to make your first prenatal appointment very soon.” Holly was speechless, but not so much as Ryan. He didn’t speak the entire drive home or when they walked into the apartment. He just sat down and leaned against the back of the couch, processing what had just happened as Holly sat next to him, doing the exact same thing.

Meanwhile I was on the strip with Brendon. He had called me, bored out of his mind and I needed to get out of the apartment so we agreed to do some people watching.
“So Holly is really sick.”
“Gross.” Brendon said as we watched a couple that screamed ‘tourists’.
“Yeah, Ryan had to take her to urgent care.”
“Oh.” He said, uninterested. “Let’s not talk about them.”
“Oh...okay. What do you want to talk about?” He stopped and grabbed my hand. What was going on?
“I know we’re waiting or whatever, but I have to do this.” He said before he cupped my cheeks with both hands. I had no idea what was going on and before I could comprehend anything, his lips were on mine in a simple embrace, except all I could see were fireworks and all I could feel was electrical shocks after he parted. “Much better than I could have ever dreamed.” He smirked before grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together as we continued to walk down the lively strip.


Ohhhhh...
Sign up to rate and review this story