Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pevie

(Surprise) Party Foul

by moocow 5 reviews

I give you a long chapter filled with Pazzy, Joshly and Pevie. Give me a long review filled with SECKS!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-03-05 - Updated: 2009-03-06 - 3010 words

2Ambiance
I had not seen much of Pete in the days that passed. Joe informed me that he was simply, “planning something”. I took that as him just being busy and pushed it to the back of my mind. Patrick on the other hand had no excuse to be avoiding me, and I knew exactly why he was doing so. Izzy had been working everyday after school since I hired her and every one of those days, only Joe came for a visit, making me suspicious and Izzy confused. I knew for a fact that she was at lease somewhat interested in the little boy in the trucker hat.

“Evie,”

For the umpteenth time that week I was in the coffee shop, and being that it was Friday again, I was bored out of my mind. That was, until the urgent voice of Patrick came bursting through the glass door.

“What?” I asked as he jetted towards me, walking around the edge of the bar to stand next to me and the cash register.

“I did something really terrible today and I need you to hide me before Izzy finds me,” I blinked and tried to comprehend what he had said through his mumbles and quick talking.

“First of all, what did you do?” I questioned and he licked his lips nervously before tucking the bill of his hat down more to cover his eyes. I reached up and in a swift movement removed it. He seemed frustrated at first and in fact reached up as I held it above my head but rapidly changed his mood from anger to embarrassment.

“I…” he looked away and his shoulders slumped. “I set her favorite hoodie on fire in chemistry…”

The instant the words left his mouth I turned around and shoved the hat over my face to both stifle and hide my laughter and amused expression, respectively. I heard the irritated groan from Patrick’s mouth and the giant sigh he took afterward.

“Evie! It’s not funny!” I slowly turned around and lowered his hat. Instantly, Patrick’s own lips formed a smile and he snatched his hat back. “Ok… maybe it’s a little funny,”

“Is she alright?” I asked next. Patrick nodded but let the smile disappear.

“She’s fine, she just said she wanted to talk to me after school and as soon as the bell rang I ran my ass off campus and drove over here,” he paused as the front door jingled and instantly fell to the ground, shielding himself behind the counter. I glanced down and saw his eyes widened and his arms wrapped tight around his knees. Looking back up, I saw only a depressed Joe, stumbling in.

“Joe?” I hesitated to move, but stopped as Patrick’s arm wrapped around one of my calves. I looked down for a moment but quickly snapped my head up as Joe’s body collapsed into a barstool, his pout pushing out further.

Evie,” he whined. I raised an eyebrow and forced a calm expression.

“Now what’s wrong with you?” I questioned. Joe frowned further.

“You mean… you don’t know what’s today?”

I decided to let the question simmer in my brain for a moment but found nothing to support a logical answer. I blamed it on the fact Patrick was clinging desperately to me. Squinting my eyes, innocently, I offered a meek smile and slowly let my shoulders shrug up. Joe glared before standing up quickly and snatching the sugar packet holder and storming out. I watched him stop around the corner and fell against the counter, my face in my hands and let a stressful sigh go.

“It’s Joe’s birthday,” Patrick whispered. I pulled away from my misery and looked down at him. I looked fiercely and instantly, he removed his arms from around my leg and looked away.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. Patrick looked up but yet again, the door interrupted what I was going to say. Turning my head, I saw a suspicious Pete, sunglasses on and the hood of his jacket up.

“It’s 87 degrees out, what’s with the hoodie?” I questioned. Pete raised a hand, as if that was going to silence me. I flattened my expression and lamely smiled. He placed his hands flat on the counter and opened his mouth in a grin.

“I have a plan,” he simply said. I raised an eyebrow. “It involves your utmost dedication and participation,” he continued. I raised my arms in front of me defensively.

“I’m not having sex with you Pete,” I paused as his smile faltered. “I don’t care what it is for, I’m not doing it,” I shook my head and while I was, Pete pushed both his hood and sunglasses back.

“Ev, you are crazy. I never mentioned anything about sex, I just said plan,” I blinked and he leaned over the counter closer to me. “But now that you mention it…” I skewed my lips to the side and rolled my eyes, pushing Pete’s head away from mine.

“No,” I muttered.

“So do you want to have sex with me, or do you want me to have sex with you?” he asked next. I closed my eyes, feeling hopeless for the man.

“Neither!” I sighed out, frustrated still from Patrick and Joe. “Aren’t they the same, anyways?” Pete smirked.

“Not in my book,” I let my eyes roll yet again and just observed as the cocky smile reappeared on his face.

“Anyways…” I spoke, crossing my arms over my chest. “On with your plan,” I insisted. Pete nodded once.

“Today is Joe’s birthday,” he said first. I cut him off immediately.

“I know!” I threw my arms up slightly, making Pete stumble backwards to avoid getting hit.

“Wait! Did you say anything to him?” His eyes had widened and he was somewhat pointing at me. I shook my head.

“I didn’t know it was until…” I felt Patrick tug on my jeans as if to not mention he was there. Pete cut me off anyways.

“Doesn’t matter. As long as you didn’t say anything then my plan can continue,” he licked his lips quickly, probably excited like the little boy he was. “I’m going to give Joe the impression that we have forgotten it is his birthday but then surprise him with a party down at the club,”

My eyes widened and I instantly felt the scheming smile spread across my face. Pete seemed to notice it too and laughed for a moment.

“Dude. That sounds awesome,” I paused for a moment. “Wait! I have something to add to your plan,” Pete raised an eyebrow this time and leaned forward towards me yet again.

“Do go on,” he joked. I bit my lip for a second.

“What if I can get Ashley to fly out from Arizona and kidnap Joe and bring him to the club?” I asked. Pete seemed to jump out of his skin as he jumped away from the counter, looking even more excited than he did when he came in.

“YES!” he shouted. I giggled momentarily as he calmed down. “Anyways, I’m off to find Patrick…” before he could even finish, Patrick popped up from the counter and just stared at Pete. He paused from talking and just stared at him before yelping shortly.

“Hi to you too, Pete,” Patrick mumbled, dusting the dirt from his pants. Pete placed a hand over his chest.

“You gave me a fucking heart attack man!” Patrick smiled and just looked to me.

“You are a genius, Ev,” I offered a toothy grin and watched as Pete pouted, playfully.

“Well fine, Patrick! See what I plan when it is your birthday!” he turned away towards the door. “Nothing! That’s what I’ll plan!” And with that, he was off. Patrick just shrugged and moved around the counter to follow suit.

“Wait, Patrick, when is your birthday anyways?” he turned his head and blinked once.

“Oh, uh it’s April 28th,” he answered. I widened my eyes and through my arms in the air, overjoyed.

“WE’RE BIRTHDAY BUDDIES!” I announced. Patrick just let out a short laugh and made his own exit. I calmed myself down before glancing down at my phone. I had a call to make.


*

The next day, I found myself watching Pete as he stood on the club stage, the entire place deserted with the exception of us. He was adjusting the microphone to his height and would pause now and then to glance at me. I was busy cleaning the bar and placing special menus that consisted of Joe’s favorite things to drink and eat. As I moved across the dance floor towards him, he looked up again and jumped as he saw how close I had gotten.

“What are you staring at, Pete?” I finally questioned. He stood up straight and moved to jump off the stage and meet me half way in the center of the dance floor. I paused in my footsteps as he did this and watched his unusual nervous manner.

“Well…” he started. He looked down at my curious expression. “I was thinking…” I nodded and observed his eyes as they shifted away from mine, avoiding contact.

“What?” I pushed, crossing my arms, already on the defensive. Pete smiled innocently.

“Well, to be honest Ev, I think I might have a crush on you,” I blinked rapidly, letting the information settle in as he finally let his eyes land on mine. I pursed my lips together, a little dumbfounded.

“You always have to be blunt about things, don’t you?” I spoke softly. Pete shrugged, and with a deep gulp, his cheeks flared up in embarrassment. In that moment I knew he wasn’t joking.

“I guess…” he whispered. I let my arms relax and I felt touched by the fact he had allowed himself to become vulnerable, especially to me. But at the same time, what he had said sunk in and I realized it wasn’t something to be taken lightly. At a lost for words, I closed my eyes and internally yelled at myself for not having anything prepared in the “In case Pete says he likes me” folder in the filing cabinets of my mind. When I opened my eyes, however, Pete was looking away and I thought to at least say something, anything to not burst his mood.

“Pete,” I caught his attention, but instantly, his eyes darted from mine to over my shoulder. I turned as well when footsteps hit my ears and found Izzy and Patrick, a bright smile on her while Patrick held a mix between both mine and Pete’s expression.

“Evie!” she greeted, scooping me up in a friendly hug. “It’s nice to see you!” she moved to give Pete the same hug and I broke the tension that I could sense was about to crash into us.

“So you guys came together?” I hinted a little, wiggling my eyebrows slightly. Izzy’s face brightened quickly and she laughed, uneasily.

“Well, he was…uh, he was on the way and I thought it would be easier to uh,” she paused to clear her throat and smiled momentarily at me and then Patrick. “To pick him up and drive over here, you know, carpool.” I glanced at Pete who had seemed to snap out of his state to enjoy what I was putting the two through.

Sure,” he spoke, dragging out the word to imply even more.

Patrick let out a huff and with that, we decided it was time to get the party underway. Pete returned to the stage to continue setting up the drum-kit and the amps and I moved with Izzy back to the bar where we finished the menus and placed out various bowls of sugar packets around the bar. Patrick moved to the entrance where he set up the ticket booth, which was more of a folding table with a barstool and a cash-box. Within the next hour, the club was packed, with various people ranging from some high scholars from Joe’s school to friends that were some how linked to our group. For instance, Chris was yet again following Pete around like a toddler at the grocery store with his mom. I simply laughed at it and continued my job backstage, leading the various bands that were to perform to their respective private rooms.

“Evie, can I have a moment?” I turned sharply only to bump into Pete who had discarded his hoodie for once. I smiled and stepped back, feeling a little nervous about being alone around him.

“Yeah?” I asked. He smiled and handed me my phone.

“You have four missed calls from Ashley,” I jumped and quickly shoved my clipboard under my arm and pressed my phone to my ear, my free hand clamping over my other ear. The ringing went on for about five seconds before I heard a sharp giggle come through the phone.

“EVIE GUESS WHO!?”

I sighed, but laughed at my friend.

“Ashley, I’m the one calling you, so I already know who is going to pick up,” I explained. Ashley laughed and as she stopped, I heard that she was in her car. “Where are you?” I asked.

“I’m pulling into the parking lot,” she spoke again and giggled. “Joe didn’t know what was coming. Though, when I blindfolded him, he seemed to know who I was…”

“He’s seen a picture of you,” I explained. “Anyways, is he in the backseat?” I asked. Ashley scoffed.

“Yeah right, I shoved the guy in the trunk, gangster style,” I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at this and glanced up as Pete raised his eyebrow. I just nodded my head towards the back door and moved over to it, pushing it open to see a car backing up to it. Hanging it up, I wedged my clipboard into the door crack to prevent it locking on us and walked towards the car, Pete close behind me. The minute the car was parked and turned off, the driver’s side door flew open and Ashley seemed to magically appear on me, her arms wrapped tightly around my neck and legs latched on my waist. It was a wonder I didn’t loose my balance.

“EVIE! OH HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!” I laughed at her and helped her as she hopped down and beamed at me. “Did you miss me?” she shook her head. “Of course you missed me, what am I kidding?” I sighed, remembering how she always never let me answer the obvious questions. She looked up at a confused Pete. “Is this your boyfriend?” she asked, placing a hand on her hip as she leaned on one leg, smugly. I let my lips part in shock and felt the awkwardness radiate off of Pete as he blushed.

“Ash…” I whispered. Ashley just waved her hand in front of me and moved towards her trunk.

“I’m just messing with you Ev,” she unlocked her trunk and I moved to see a struggling and mumbling, blindfolded and tied up Joe there. I forced back a laugh and nodded to Pete who scooped him up, almost too effortlessly, bridal style and while I opened the door for him, he walked in and towards the stage. I ran ahead with Ashley and we got the chair on the stage ready fro Joe and ushered the crowd to calm down and divert their attention to the birthday boy. Joe struggled more towards the end and the instant the gag on his mouth was removed, the curses started to fly.

“Ashley!” he shouted. “I know it is you!” he yelled louder. Ashley chuckled at this and once Pete placed him in the chair, she sat down in his lap to prevent him from moving and harming himself by falling off the stage. On my cue, however, she removed his blindfold and in the instant, the crowd started to scream and Ashley let her teeth gleam in his face.

“Surprise!” she shouted. Joe’s look was a mix of both shock and no doubt he was overwhelmed. As Patrick, Izzy and a few more members of the crowd grabbed the legs of the chair I moved off stage and laughed as Joe yelped loudly as the chair shot up in the air, Ashley holding tightly to him as the crowd shook him up in down. Pete followed me and before I could maneuver myself to the crowd to help celebrate, he caught me and pulled me aside, into an empty and quiet room.

“Ev,” he whispered. I sighed and leaned against the door, defeated.

“I don’t know what to say to you, Pete,” I mumbled. Pete shrugged and then let a gulp race through him again.

“Well…” he chewed on his lip. “Do you think you can suffer through one date with me, and then we’ll see how it goes?” he pondered.

“But Pete…” I held my breath as I racked my brain for an excuse. “We already hang out enough, what is the difference between us hanging out by ourselves and a date?” Pete sighed.

“Evie, a date is not me just coming over to watch Star Wars with you, it’s me coming over, watching Star Wars with you and being all… romantic and shit,”

I let the smallest of smiled come to my lips as Pete leaned towards me.

“Pete,” I sighed and looked away.

“Hell, I can even cook you dinner if you want,” I laughed innocently and let my arms slide around his neck in a small hug.

“If I say yes to you, you can’t hold it against me if it doesn’t go well,” I whispered. Pete simply smirked into my ear.

“Deal,”

I was already beginning to think what I had gotten myself into.
Sign up to rate and review this story