Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You Make Me Live

Better Together

by charliexbrown 5 reviews

It needed a little round-up. I think it's quite funny, but decide for yourselves. ^^ AN inside too.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-03-09 - Updated: 2009-03-09 - 864 words - Complete

0Unrated
‘So let me get this straight. Basically, she was hitting on you quite clearly… and she was eating a hot dog?’
‘Mmm.’
‘And… that’s why she got mad?’
‘No! She got mad ‘cause I turned her down.’
‘What, for eating a hot dog?! But she sounds hot!’
‘Yeah, well, meat isn’t hot, if you ask me.’

It was the tail-end of the summer, and Andy and Patrick had just got back from tour that day, and were relaxing in the garden with some lemonade. Of course, they were sat in the shade, as neither of them really liked the sun. It was just the done thing, to sit outside in the summer. Besides, it was fun to watch Penny eating bugs.

Pete came out, holding a phone and looking quiet, and sat down next to Andy on the floor.

‘Good news?’
‘Mmm, sort of. She said I can come take Bronx out for the day on Friday.’
‘That’s great!’
‘Well…’ He sighed and shuffled some rocks around. ‘Sure, it’s great that I get to see my boy, but…’
Patrick shuffled forwards. ‘Look, I know you’re not going specifically to see Ashlee, but think about it. The more time you spend there, the more trustful she’ll be. You can at least start out as friends.’
‘I guess so.’ He looked up at his friends with a smile. ‘Things are getting better, trust me.’

The three of them smiled together and went on to talk about Andy’s ‘dilemma’, before pushing each other in the pool to cool off. This is what summers were made for: goofing around with friends. Soon Andy headed home, and the two left made their way inside to dry off. The heat of the day had vanished into the relief of a cool evening, and the stars were just starting to show themselves.

Once dried off the guys made themselves some dinner and chatted some more. It seemed there were always things they had to discuss, since their year apart. Both felt it had, somehow, done them good. Afterwards Pete took their plates out to the kitchen and started making dessert. Patrick trusted him enough with that, so long as it didn’t involve any cooking. He emerged a few minutes later with some ice cream… but the room was deserted.

After a bit of searching he found Patrick outside, leaning against the wall of the house and looking up at the sky.

‘What are you doing, man? It’s getting dark.’
‘Yeah… but it’s so nice and calm out here. Fresh air does you good, you know. Not like the stuffy air we had earlier.’

They both leaned against the house and ate together in silence for a while, before Patrick became distracted. He could see Pete looking at him out of the corner of his eye, and soon he felt him pressed up close against his side. It wasn’t unnerving exactly, it just made him curious.

‘What are you looking at me for?’
Pete shrugged, smiling slightly, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. ‘It’s just fun to see how you react.’

A moment’s pause. Then, without warning, Pete’s lips were pressing against Patrick’s. He felt his heart pounding, but not with excitement, oh no – he was completely shocked. It wasn’t bad, as such. It was soft and smooth, cool after the day’s heat, and quite comforting. But it felt so completely and utterly weird. He abruptly pushed Pete away.

‘W-what was – that for?!’ he stuttered out. Pete chuckled.
‘It’s just fun to see how you react. Remember?’
‘Ohhh no. That’s too far, Pete! Come on! You’ve been reading Petericks, haven’t you?’
He laughed harder and tried to wrap his arms around Patrick, who was wiping his lips frantically. ‘Aww, come on Trick, you loved it really! Come on, pucker up!’

Patrick dodged and ran back inside the house, Pete chasing him and giggling. Things had changed a lot. But somehow they were still the same as they’d always been.

You’re the best friend that I ever had
I’ve been with you such a long time
You’re my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
You’re my best friend.

You’re the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I’ll never be lonely
You’re my only
And I love the things
I really love the things that you do
You’re my best friend.


********************************
[AN: Hope you all enjoyed that. I enjoyed writing it! Now I've decided to put in the ending (I couldn't help it ^^) and I'm gonna do a sequel at some point. It'll be along friendship lines again, that's for sure. You can decide for yourselves where Joe went. Remember the last we heard of him he’d eaten something dodgy… Oh, and PLEASE review; it makes me feel I haven’t wasted my time. It puts a little lift in my day. ^^ Thanks to everyone who read or reviewed already, you shall receive immeasurable love in 2-5 working days. xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sign up to rate and review this story