Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

And I dance to move only you

by disturbedangel6 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-03-18 - Updated: 2009-03-18 - 1262 words

1Ambiance
I looked at him pleadingly with my eyes; I think I looked like a kid begging for candy because he laughed at me.

“Okay, I’ll see what I can do about it to move out here,” he finally said and looked up at me.

A grin appeared on my face and I was yet again happy. ”Are you serious?”

He nodded.

I started to laugh and jumped up and hugged him, “Thank you so much Gerard! This means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome,” I heard his muffled voice because of my hair.

I realized that I was hugging him and I instantly tried to figure out how my courage has gotten through to do that, but then I couldn’t be bothered to wonder because I had Gerard around me. I shut my eyes and breathed in a deep breath at the same time as Gerard was. I breathed in the smell of him and it reminded me of the old times, back at home but much different to now. I never thought I’d hug him for this long but I didn’t care. I loved the way his hair felt on my face; it was so soft yet so messy. I didn’t mind. I slowly ran my hands along his back as I felt his hard body. I smiled at it. Gosh, imagine how it would feel when we…

I bit my bottom lip and told myself to shut up. I didn’t need any bad thoughts right now.

I froze when I realized that Gerard ad his hands around me. I felt his hand just move a bit lower down my back and that’s where a shiver ran down my spine. My breathing froze but my heart on the other hand decided to beats much faster than it should be. I tried to calm myself down; after all, nothing major was happening… we were just hugging.

“Have you noticed that we are hugging each other for about 5 minutes?” Gerard spoke out.

Wow, five minutes?! “I don’t care,” I mumbled and just kept hugging him.

He slightly pushed me away and I automatically let go of him and sat back to my original spot.

I tried to hide the sadness upon my face as I looked back at him.

He seemed uncomfortable as his hand ruffled through his messy dark hair. He was obviously avoiding looking at me.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, and I wanted to know why exactly he was pushing me away. I wasn’t trying to kiss him or whatsoever; I was just innocently hugging him. Maybe he read my mind and knew I was thinking pretty dirty things about him so then he decided to let go of me be cause he didn’t want that! I frowned at that thought. There’s not suck thing as reading minds unless you’re talking about ‘Twilight’. At that moment I felt pretty much worthless. At that moment, I also realized that Gerard doesn’t like me like I have predicted. He just loves me as his step-daughter.

And I was prepared to act like his step-daughter.



Toni and Maria did finally come back to break the awkward silence between me and Gerard and they brought Chinese takeaway food with them which brightened up Gerard’s face. Apparently he loved Chinese food. So on the dinner table, Gerard was giving us lessons about things in life by telling his own stories about what happened to him.

“So don’t do that, like I did. Just take every opportunity in life and you’ll be happy,” Gerard said.

Take every opportunity… I don’t think I’ll have any.

Toni and Maria were enthusiastic about it, like they were excited about the future or something.

I wanted to enthusiastic like them but I couldn’t. My future seemed to be blank, empty and dull from what I could predict. And seeing as my predictions were always right this made me sadden even more. What was going to become of me in the next let’s say 5 years or so?

Nothing.

I just wanted to burst into tears, but not here. I quickly excused myself and quickly made my way into the bathroom which was the closest to the kitchen.

I don’t know why I was so instantly emotional and I didn’t care. I needed to shed some tears anyway. I didn’t know what I was going to be in the future. Would I be a damsel in distress? I wanted to make something of my life.

I sighed and washed my face in the sink. I completely ignored my reflection on the mirror and dried my face with a towel before getting out of the bathroom I found the gang in the lounge room.

Gerard was seated next to Toni while Maria was on the single sofa.

Toni all of a sudden started laughing out loud, “Oh Gerard! You are just so funny!” she playfully slapped his arm.

Gerard looked at her with a confused expression but didn’t say anything.

Maria just stared at her with her crossed arms over her chest, “Um, Toni that wasn’t even a joke.”

“Shut up Maria!” she spat at her.

I narrowed my eyes at the scene and sat across Gerard.

“Nicole! What took you so long? You totally missed Gerard’s joke!” she wrapped her arm around him.

Gerard’s eyes widened at it but again didn’t say anything.

Maria just sighed.

“Oh, well sorry about that.” I just simply said.

Toni giggled; “I think we need more chips!” she stood up and headed for the kitchen.

“Let me help you!” Maria got up and followed her.

It was just Gerard and I sitting awkwardly across each other.

I started to fiddle with my fingers for awhile until I gave up and went to the kitchen also. I didn’t go into the kitchen because I heard his name come from Maria’s lips and so I decided to eavesdrop.

“Why are you acting so weirdly around Gerard?” Maria asked.

“No reason,” Toni quickly replied.

“Toni!”

“Alright, it’s just… he’s hot! Okay and I think he’s single and well…”

“You’re interested in him?!”

“Not exactly… I’m just playing him that’s all!”

“Oh my god, Toni you idiot!”

I heard footsteps so I quickly ran back into the lounge. “Gerard, I think it’s time for you to go home,” I told him and pulled him up.

He look dumb folded, “Um… okay…”

“Hey, where are you guys going?” Maria asked.

“Uh, I was going home…” Gerard told them.

“Oh my god, no way Gerard! It’s the middle of the night, you cant go now. You’re staying,” Toni enthusiastically said.

“If that’s alright with you?”

I was going to say something but they both interrupted me with a ‘yes’.

I groaned and just left them be. I just wanted to be in my room and away from here.



I couldn’t believe that Toni could do such a thing. I thought I was her best friend! Turns out that I’m not. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if I should just leave it and ignore the whole situation like I am right now, or to get Gerard out of here and confront Toni.

But I’m a coward, a big one.

Just when I thought everything might be okay… it isn’t
Sign up to rate and review this story