Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Press Play

harebrained scheme

by killxsmile 4 reviews

And the wheels are set in motion.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-03-18 - Updated: 2009-03-19 - 1521 words

1Insightful
Author's Note: Due to lack of feedback on this fic, I've been focusing on 'Lasting Impressions' and 'DisasteRomance' instead. But Tissamy asked nicely, so I'm updating just for her ;)

chocolatechortle22: Yup, yup. Cameron is out of the picture.

Tissamy: You are correct. Lacey and a few other people will be helping Juliet through her post-break up mess. And as I mentioned earlier, I updated this especially for you.

EIGHT: harebrained scheme

L A C E Y

“Are you busy this Sunday?” Parker asked.
“Umm, I don’t think so,” I replied, cradling the phone between my neck and my shoulder. “Why?”
“Some of my friends just got off tour and I’m throwing a welcome home party.”
“Sounds cool. Anyone I‘d know?”
“Maybe…” he teased. “Ever heard of Saved Latin?”
“Isn’t that the name Fall Out Boy used for secret shows?”

He chuckled.

I wasn’t sure if he was amused because a group of guys was using Fall Out Boy‘s alias, or that I knew the obscure piece of musical trivia.

“So you have heard of them.”
“Fall Out Boy, yeah, but I didn‘t know there was another band using the name Saved Latin.”
“Umm, Lace?” he laughed. “They’re kind of the same band.”
“But that means—”
“Yeah…”
“You’re kidding, right?” I asked, half laughing, half shocked.
“Nope. Dead serious.”
“Wow,” was the only response I could choke out.
“So are you in for Sunday?”
“Yeah, definitely,” I said, trying to mask my excitement.
“But could you do me a favor?”

I sighed.

“Of course there would be a catch.”
“Haha, it’s not like that. I was just wondering if you could, y’know, bring a friend.”
“A friend?” I repeated, confused.
“Yeah, preferably someone who’s cute, has a sense of humor and won’t go teenie over the guys.”

I glanced over at the brunette sitting on the couch.

“I think that could be arranged. But may I ask why you need a cutie who won‘t go teenie?”
“Well, for one, having another girl there would make it less of a sausage fest for you. Two, it’ll decrease the chances of a rockstar stealing you away from me, and three, one of the guys may or may not be looking for a girlfriend of their own,” he explained. “So do you have anyone in mind?”
“Yes, I do. She’s sitting on the couch as we speak.”
“Juliet?”
“Hmm…” He paused, and I could picture him stroking his chin. “She’s cute and funny, but are you sure she won’t get all starstruck?”
“Positive. Mikey and Gerard are her cousins.”
“Way?!” he said as more of an exclamation than a question. “No fucking way.”
“Yes fucking way,” I chuckled at the unintentional puns. “You‘re not the only one with connections.”
“I was not expecting that.”
“What can I say? I’m full of surprises.”
“Haha, okay. Now that we‘ve got that settled, what time should I pick you up tonight?”

I glanced at the clock, then glanced at my clothes. It was a little past seven, and it would take about half an hour to get ready.

“8,” I responded.
“8 it is.”
“Sayonara.”
“Adios.”

I put el telefono back on the receiver, then made my way over to the couch.

“Hey, girlie. Are you busy Sunday?” I asked, taking a seat next to her.
“Umm…” she said, casually flipping through the channels. “My schedule’s clear as far as I know.”
“Good, then you’re coming to a party with me and Parker.”
“Alright,” was her simple reply.
“Alright?” I asked, surprised. “No fighting? No excuses? No ‘I’m not in the mood for a party, Lace. Leave me alone to wallow in depression’?”
“Hey, don’t make me regret saying yes,” she replied, playfully pushing my arm.
“Sorry, I just wasn’t expecting it to be that easy. What’s the reason for this sudden change in mood?”

She shrugged.

“I‘ve had the past month to act like a douche and feel sorry for myself. It‘s about time I get out of the apartment.”

I smiled and wrapped her in a huge hug.

“What was that for?” Juliet asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I just got my best friend back.”

She jokingly rolled her eyes while Bella hopped up to join us.

“May I ask for who or what this party is being thrown for?”
“It’s a welcome home party for some of Parker’s friends,” I replied as the kitten crawled into Juliet’s lap.
“Third wheel is written all over it…” she said, skeptically. “But a party’s a party, right?”
“Yep.”

Smiling, I got up and got dressed for my date, knowing that the wheels were in motion.

After straightening my hair, I sat around in the living room waiting for the sound of the buzzer. Surely enough, at exactly 8:00, it rang.

“Very punctual,” Juliet commented as I got up. After buzzing Parker into the building, I did final adjustments to my makeup.

“How do I look?” I asked, spinning around.
“Like a million bucks.”

I smiled then pulled on my coat. Within seconds there was a knock at the door.

“Hey,” I said, opening the door. Parker greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.
“Ready?”
“Yep.”

“Have fun, you two!” Juliet called from the kitchen.
“We will!”

On our way to the theater, Liz Enthusiasm’s voice started pouring from the speakers.

“I’ve got a friend and she’s a beauty…” I quietly sang.
“…I’ve got a friend and got a friend and he’s a cutie,” he added, chuckling. “They should be friends if you know what I mean. It’s all a part of my harebrained scheme.”

I turned to him in surprise. “You like Freezepop?”
“Yeah, their stuff always gets me in a good mood,” he said. Bopping his head to the beat, Parker was completely oblivious to how cute he looked.
“I would have never guessed.”
“There’s a lot of stuff you don’t know about me, Lace,” he said, matter-of-factly.
“Such as?”
“In high school, I was voted most likely to become a self-made millionaire.”
“Nice.”

Flashing lights, lights, lights, lights…Flashing lights, lights, ,lights, lights…Flashing lights, lights, lights, lights—

“That’s my phone. Could you get it, babe?”
“Sure.”

I opened up the glove compartment and flipped his Krazr open.

“Hello?”
“Oh, sorry, I must have the wrong number,” the voice on the other end said.
“Wait, are you calling for Parker?”
“Uh, yeah,” he responded, skeptically.
“It’s the right number, but he’s at the wheel right now.”
“Well we got an earlier flight, so could you tell him to pick us up from O’Hare on Saturday at 10PM?”
“Sure.”
“Thanks. Bye.”
“Bye.”

I flipped the small phone shut, then placed it back in the glove compartment.

“Who was it?” Parker asked.
“He didn’t say, but whoever it was got an earlier flight, so you need to pick them up from O’Hare, Saturday at 10PM.”
“Looks like Joe‘s bumped the party up to Saturday.”
“Wait, Joe as in Joe Trohman?”
“Yeah,” he said, making a right turn.
“I hate to sound like a nosy teenie, but how exactly do you know Fall Out Boy?” I asked.
“Do you want the synopsis or the director’s cut?”
“Synopsis is fine,” I said with a smile.
“Well, I’ve been neighbors with the Trohmans ever since I was two years old,” he explained. “Joe and I went to the same school, hung out with the same people and listened to the same music. Around senior year, he met Pete and decided to start a band. They teamed up with Patrick, Mike and TJ, practicing in basements and playing tiny shows here and there. I was one of the street team guys who tried to get the word out by standing outside of the Metro, and making kids listen to their songs on my walkman. They sent out demos and after getting rejection letters from pretty much every indie label, they eventually got signed to Uprising. After that, they did the Split EP with Project Rocket, and Evening Out With Your Girlfriend. Touring started and I was one of their roadies/merch guys. TJ and Mike left, Andy came along. Fueled By Ramen happened. Fast forward a couple of years and now I’m full-time friend and part-time Cupid to a group of guys who were on the cover of Rolling Stone.”
“Damn, and I thought my life was interesting,” I playfully said.
“The last few years have been pretty great,” he said, stopping at a stop sign. “…But now that I have a you by my side, it’s icing on the cake.”

I planted a quick kiss on his cheek before he continued driving.

It had only been a month, but the butterflies in my stomach were telling me it was love.

+++++
As you can see, lack of feedback = lack of updates.
So do your part in keeping this story going:
Please rate/review.
Sign up to rate and review this story