Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Vampires Will Never Hurt You

and after all the things we put each other through

by iamthelolrus 1 review

Things are never easy when a vampire falls in love with a human. AU. Slash. Ryden. Chapter 5.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2009-03-19 - Updated: 2009-03-19 - 2002 words

0Unrated
After they escaped, Pete brought them to what apparently was the old vampire hunter’s headquarters. He shut all the doors to block out sunlight, which was easy to do because the place was already sun-safe from when Pete had been living their before. He then immediately locked himself in a room that had sign saying "Patrick" on the door. Brendon felt kind of guilty, but it had been necessary, and besides, Patrick might actually be dead. He didn't know.

But Brendon only continued to feel guilty as Pete would only ever leave to hunt and spent most of his time locked away in Patrick's room. Brendon remembered that Pete had said something about loving a human. He was pretty sure that Patrick must be that human.

Brendon wasn't the only one who felt guilty, however. Ryan obviously felt bad about getting caught, because he started to actually listened to what Brendon told him to do, and he would only go hunting with Brendon so that he wouldn’t risk being caught again.

Mostly, though, they all just spent their time sitting around alone or hunting.

Things stayed uneventful until about a month after the escape. They were out hunting when they were ambushed by a group of William’s vampires. They managed to escape and told Pete had had happened. It turned out he had been ambushed twice already. The attacks continued, but they weren’t that often, and as long as they were careful they could pretty much be avoided. Still, sometimes Brendon was really afraid that they would get caught and Ryan would be killed.

It was a few months after this started when one night Ryan and Brendon were returning from hunting and a shadowy figure suddenly jumped out in front of them on the sidewalk. Brendon instantly prepared to fight, sure that it must be one of William’s vampires.

"Brendon, it's me," the shadowy figure said and although he stepped into the street light, Brendon could tell who it was from the voice. It was Spencer.

Brendon ran over and pulled him into a hug. "I missed you!" he said, sounding relieved.

Spencer smiled. "You're a dork," he said. Brendon pouted, but he didn’t pull it off very well, because he was too happy. "So you have been doing alright?" Spencer asked.

"Well enough," Brendon said, with a sigh. "We don't do anything but hunt and sit around hating each other."

"I heard you took Pete with you," Spencer said.

"Yes, and he's been angsting the entire time," Brendon said.

"Why?" Spencer asked. "You rescued him."

"I might have told him that one of his former fellow vampire hunters was dead just to get him leave," Brendon said. "It was the only way he'd come with us without trying to rescue him."

"Wait, so you mean Patrick's not dead?" Ryan demanded, walking over to them angrily. "You've been having him mope around this entire time for nothing?"

"I don't know if he's dead or not! I don't even know who he is," Brendon said.

"Patrick? He was one of the vampire hunters?" Spencer asked. "Do you know what he looks like?"

"No, why?" Brendon asked.

"Well, one of the hunters died during the battle, and William got bored with one of the other ones and just killed him, but there's still one alive. A chubby blonde one. It could be him," Spencer said.

"Could you find out?" Ryan asked. "If Patrick is still alive, Pete needs to know."

"And Patrick knows how vampires can feed without killing humans," Brendon said.

"Even if he is Patrick, they still have him," Spencer pointed out. "It would just make Pete do something stupid."

"You could rescue him!" Ryan said. "For Pete, and for me so I wouldn't have to hunt anymore."

"Then I'll have to leave the other vampires too. I'd be stuck with you guys," Spencer said.

"We need Patrick," Brendon said. "For Pete, and for Ryan."

Spencer glared at him. "I'll think about it," he said. "Anyway, you've been doing a good job keeping the others from discovering you. Keep it up, be careful, and don’t tell Pete about Patrick, no matter what. If it is him, and I rescue him, it'll be a surprise, and if it's not him, then he won't end up doing something needlessly reckless."

"But..." Ryan started to protest.

"Think about what happened last time you didn't listen to one of us," Spencer said. "You almost got killed. It could happen again."

"Is that a threat?" Ryan demanded.

"No, it's called concern," Spencer said. "Please, don't be stupid. There is always far too much at risk."

"Okay," Ryan said quietly.

"I have to go," Spencer said. He hesitated for a minute and then pulled Brendon into a hug. "Good luck."

Brendon hugged him back. "Thank you Spencer."

Spencer pulled out of the hug and started to walk by but then stopped and smiled at Ryan. "Take care of yourself, kiddo. I'm sure Brendon loves you for a reason."

Ryan nodded. Spencer then walked away and disappeared into the night.

Ryan then turned to Brendon with a glare. “I can’t believe you told Pete that Patrick was dead and it wasn’t true!”

“Well, if I hadn’t, we would probably be dead now! Is that what you wanted?” Brendon asked.

“No,” Ryan said, sighing. “I just hate having to live like this.”

”I know,” Brendon said.

Ryan walked over to Brendon and gave Brendon a hug, surprising him. “At least you’re trying to fix your mistakes and make things better. At least you’re taking care of me.”

Brendon just hugged him back.


It was a night about a week later that they next saw Spencer.

Brendon and Ryan were out hunting again when Spencer walked out of a dark alley in front of them. At first Brendon wondered why Spencer hadn't done the dramatic leap-from-the-rooftops thing he had done before, but then he noticed the short, chubby blonde vampire behind Spencer. Apparently, Patrick WASN'T dead, but he was turned.

"Well, hopefully you have room for two more where you're staying," Spencer said.

"Did you manage to escape without any trouble?" Brendon asked.

"Yes. Although I didn't manage to get your pretty princess colouring books," Spencer said with a smirk.

"You have pretty princess colouring books?" Ryan asked, giggling.

"Yes," Brendon said, pouting.

"Anyway, this is Patrick," Spencer said.

"Pete said you know how vampires can feed without killing," Ryan said.

"Yes," Patrick said. "I can."

"Awesome! So you'll make it for me?" Ryan asked.

"All of you. I won't stay with you if any of you kill," Patrick said.

"Fair enough," Spencer said.

"I've seen you before you," Patrick said to Brendon, "So the other one must be new."

"Yeah. That's Brendon, and the new one is Ryan, the one he turned that got us in this mess," Spencer explained.

Patrick nodded. "So you said that Joe and Andy are dead, but Pete's alright?" he asked.

"Uh huh," Ryan said. "He's missed you a lot!"

Patrick raised his eyebrow. "I doubt that. He hates me."

"Hates you? Are you sure we're talking about the same Pete?" Brendon asked.

Patrick shrugged. "Pete always hated me. He avoided me as much as he could. I mean, he didn't like any of us, really, but I was his least favourite."

"I doubt that," Ryan said. "He wouldn't let us leave when we were trying to escape because he to save you. And that's why we made Spencer get you."

"Cause he needed the elixir," Patrick said.

"He's been locking himself in your room every day," Brendon said.

"But he always acted like he hated me," Patrick said, sounding surprised.

"Yeah, well, considering he's been moping like an emo kid, I doubt that," Ryan said.

"What's an emo kid?" Brendon asked. (He thought it sounded like a kind of animal.)

"Don't worry about it," Ryan said. "It's getting close to sunrise, we should go. Besides, I'm sure Pete will be so glad to find out you're actually alive."

"He thought I was dead?" Patrick asked.

"I might have told him you were dead to convince him to leave without rescuing you," Brendon said.

Patrick just seemed confused. "But Pete really hated me..."

Spencer rolled my eyes. "How about we just go ask him if he hates you or not?" he said and then started down the street. The rest of the group followed him.


When they got to the headquarters, Pete had already locked himself in Patrick’s room.

“Huh, I guess you weren’t kidding about that,” Patrick said.

Brendon knocked on the door of Patrick’s room. “Pete! You need to come out here. We have to tell you something.”

“What?” Pete demanded angrily. As he unlocked the door and opened it, he said, “This had better be fucking important.”

And then he saw Patrick. His eyes widen and at first he just stared in shock. Finally, he said, “But...but he said you were dead.”

“Guess he was wrong,” Patrick said.

Pete ran over and pulled him into a hug which obviously surprised Patrick immensely. But then Pete pulled back and looked at Patrick worriedly. “You don’t smell the same. You. You did get bit, didn’t you?”

Patrick nodded. “Unfortunately,” he said.

“Well, at least I don’t have to worry anymore,” Pete said.

”What?” Patrick said. “I’m so confused. I thought you hated me.”

Pete shook his head. “No, I don’t hate you. I was just afraid that, if I wasn’t careful, I’d end up biting you,” he said slowly.

”Biting me? Why? You never even got close to biting any of the other guys,” Patrick said.

“I like you a lot, actually, and, I mean, this kid’s proof of exactly how wrong that can go,” Pete said, pointing at Ryan.

“Oh,” Patrick said. “How much?”

“What?” Pete asked, confused.

“How much do you like me?” Patrick asked.

Pete hesitated. “I think...I think I might be in love with you,” he said, looking at his feet.

Patrick hugged him. “I’ve always been in love with you,” he admitted.

Pete smiled and then pulled Patrick into a deep kiss.

“Uh, guys?” Spencer said. “We are right here.”

Patrick pushed Pete off of him, blushing, but he smiled at Pete anyway.

Pete smiled back until suddenly, like a light bulb went off in his head, he frowned. He turned to Brendon and suddenly his expression was angry. “Wait a minute,” he said. “You little fucking brat! You told me he was dead!”

“Yeah!” Brendon said defensively. “Because if I hadn’t you wouldn’t have left!”

“I could’ve rescued him then! I thought he was dead all this time!” Pete said, walking towards Brendon angrily.

“If I hadn’t lied, we’d probably all be dead or captured now! I only did what I had to do!” Brendon protested.

”You motherfucker!” Pete screamed, grabbing a hold of Brendon’s shoulders and shoving him into the wall.

“Pete! Stop it!” Patrick said, and just like that, Pete let Brendon go.

Pete glared at Brendon and then stormed into Patrick’s room and locked the door.

Patrick rolled his eyes. “Sorry about that, Brendon, Pete’s over-reacts to everything,” he said.

“Yeah,” Brendon said, terrified of Pete like he hadn’t been in a long time.

Patrick went to the door of his room and knocked. “Hey, Pete? That’s my room too. I kind of need in there,” he said.

After a minute, the door swung open revealing Pete. Pete grabbed Patrick’s arm, pulled him in, and slammed the door shut again. The lock clicked.

“Well, I’m going to sleep so I don’t have to hear whatever they end up doing all day,” Spencer said. Brendon and Ryan both nodded in agreement.

Although, they were both felt a lot better that Pete and Patrick were back together.
Sign up to rate and review this story