Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

Hells Bells (Part Two)

by rawrlittledino 2 reviews

POSTED AT EXACTLY 11:44 (GMT TIME) ON 20TH MARCH 2009 - THE REAL EQUINOX.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-03-20 - Updated: 2013-02-11 - 3856 words - Complete

1Funny
An equinox occurs twice a year, when the tilt of the Earth's axis is inclined neither away from nor towards the Sun, the Sun being vertically above a point on the Equator. The term equinox can also be used in a broader sense, meaning the date when such a passage happens.

The name is derived from the Latin ‘aequus’ (equal) and ‘nox’ (night), because around the equinox, the night and day are approximately equally long. It may be better understood to mean that latitudes +L and -L north and south of the equator experience nights of equal length.


~~~

“Get her in the living room, I need water, a towel and some of that homemade healing stuff, remember, I can’t remember what it’s called - just get it, it’s in the cupboard in the kitchen, third from the right-” Patrick said all of this in one sentence, ushering Joe to get the stuff he needed, while Pete carried Izzy into the living room. She was still conscious, barely, and Patrick knelt beside her once she had been placed onto one of the sofas.

“Listen to me, you’re going to be fine I promise... we just need to get you all cleaned up, look at this you’ve got blood all over those nice shoes...” He struggled to make himself strong for her, but gulped his fears down his throat as he reached for the towel Joe had brought to him. The healing stuff was a mixture he had come up with a few months back, thinking Pete would need it at some point. He never thought he would be using it on Izzy.

He mixed it with the water, watching as the liquid mixed and turned the water a purpley colour. He looked back to Izzy who was still breathing, but her eyes were shut in a mixture of pain and exhaustion. He looked to the knife that was still stuck into her stomach, and looked pleadingly at the others, not wanting to have to pull it out himself. Pete stepped forward and sighed, before looking at the knife and kneeling down where Patrick previously was. He gripped the handle and frowned before pulling it out in one swift motion. Izzy screamed, but not a loud ear-splitting scream, one that was mixed with a cry, making Patrick feel horrible. He returned to her and held her hand.

She had taken this for him, if she hadn’t, he would be dead right now, and he was not going to let her die after that. If she was going to save his life, he was going to save hers.

Her breathing slowed again and Patrick dabbed the mixture to her stomach, watching as the wound quickly dried up. With the help of the vampire-healing that Patrick never understood, they watched as her wound closed and within seconds had scabbed over. Joe and Evie looked slightly disgusted, but all were happy once Izzy’s breathing was normal again and her stomach had stopped bleeding.

“Patrick how the hell do you come up with this stuff? You really are the gadget guy...” Joe laughed and Patrick glared, taking off his glasses and throwing them at Joe.

“Now you’re the gadget guy.” He sighed and turned to Gabe and Crystal who were stood in the doorway. “She’ll be fine, just needs a day to recover.” Pete tapped Patrick on the shoulder.

“What about the Equilux? It’s the day after tomorrow, she can’t miss that,” Patrick nodded.

“She’ll probably be fine for the Equinox,” He muttered, Pete rolling his eyes at Patrick’s correction. After a conversation of how to organise that day, and who should stay with Izzy in her bedroom and watch over her the next day, Patrick was voted as guard and everyone else headed to bed, tired from that night’s events. Crystal was appointed Andy’s roommate, and headed to sleep in there for the day. She thanked the boys for their rescue beforehand, and by sunrise everyone was asleep.

~~~

The next morning the first person to wake up was Izzy herself, recovering speedily from yesterday and staring at her stomach, which was now healing quickly and was starting to scar. She looked across her dark bedroom and saw Patrick in the corner, leant against the wall and sat on the floor, fast asleep. Izzy grinned and walked over to him, hitting him over the head to wake him up. He looked flustered for a moment before realising Izzy was trying to wake him, and smiled up at her.

“You’re awake,” He mentioned, and Izzy nodded.

“Well observed Patrick.” She laughed, and then looked seriously down at him.

“But really, Patrick. Thank you. For saving me.” She muttered, and Patrick shook his head, standing up to face her.

“No, you saved me. You took that knife for me; you know I would be dead right now if it wasn’t for you.” She rolled her eyes, not taking the thank you and smiled.

“We didn’t get William though, and you know the Dandies are going to be trouble tomorrow,” She said, and Patrick nodded solemnly.

“I know. But we can enjoy it too, I mean, it’s a special occasion.” He smiled and Izzy smiled too, them walking downstairs to fetch some breakfast, ready to spend that night preparing for anything the Equinox could bring.

~~~

Due to the distinct lack of unusable light on the day of an Equinox, the amount of day and night is distinguishable to the minute. Due to the fact that on the day of an Equinox the night is the same length as the day, solar power that is usually unreachable to certain people is reachable. This is why humans are ordered to lock themselves in their houses on the day of an Equinox, knowing that all creatures that cannot survive sunlight are out in force on this day, as solar power is different to any other day of the year. In short; vampires roam the streets in the day, the sun not affecting their genes in the way it would every other day of the year. Scientists have been working on the reasons behind his event, and have since not yet come up with a valid reason as to why the solar power is not damaging to vampires on this day.

~~~

Waking up to sunshine was always an odd feeling. The light shone in through the window making everything look strange. Everyone had gone to bed after just a few hours of being awake last night, so they could be refreshed and happy for today. Everyone except Izzy, who was determined to watch the sunrise for the first time since she was turned. She never got around to it on other Equinoxes, but this time she knew she was going to. She sat on the top of the hill next to the warehouse, watching as the black sky became lighter. She heard footsteps behind her and turned to see Patrick walking up behind her.

“Watching the sunrise?” He asked, and Izzy nodded slowly, turning back to where she knew the sun would pop up on the horizon in a while. Patrick sat next to her and watched too, them sitting in silence for a few minutes before Patrick turned to look at her.

“I wanted to thank you again,” He said, and Izzy looked at him. “For saving me. I know I’ve said it before but, thank you.” He looked at his feet and Izzy smiled, edging closer to him.

“You’re welcome Patrick, now stop thanking me for it,” She said, and Patrick laughed slightly. Izzy rested her head on his shoulder and he gulped, feeling brave. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and they sat again in comfortable silence. They didn't need to say anything as the sky turned an orange colour, the sun beginning to show over the horizon. Izzy held her breath as light began to show, and Patrick smiled, him too having not seen this in a while. They watched as the sun got higher and higher, and Izzy sighed, not wanting to move from this – a beautiful view, and Patrick cuddled next to her. She leaned into his neck and closed her eyes, knowing that at some point this would become uncomfortable and he would go back inside to prepare for their day. That moment was not now however, as Patrick turned to her and they simply looked into each other’s eyes for a second, their foreheads pressed together slightly. They both sighed, and shared an understanding, and they both stood to go inside.

Pete was stood in the kitchen, way too happy for his own good. Everyone was used to seeing him moody and annoyed, but today he was happy, just like the old Pete. He looked at the two as they walked in and smiled from ear to ear.

“Well good morning,” He squealed, and tossed pancakes at them before smiling again. “Beautiful day, yes?” He asked, and Izzy giggled.

“Yes Pete, beautiful day.” She looked longingly as Patrick dug into the food, wishing for once that she could eat it too. Pete held the same look at the food he had just cooked, and Patrick became self conscious for a second as both of them stood and watched him eat.

“Wha- have I got something on my face?” He asked, and both shook their heads. Evie, Joe and Tiffany soon walked in, followed slightly later by Gabe, Andy and Crystal. As everyone except Izzy and Pete (who were still lusting over the pancakes) sat and ate, Gabe spoke up.

“I have an idea,” He announced, and everyone looked up at him, waiting for an elaboration on his ‘idea’. He sighed and placed his fork on his plate and folded his arms.

“That knife that William so kindly gave to us,” He looked at Izzy and she laughed slightly. “He was a little silly in giving it to us, it has power stealing, er, powers, for lack of a better term.” Izzy widened her eyes and walked over to him.

“You mean to say that fucker stole my powers?” She hissed, and Gabe shook his head.

“No, you see, I don’t think William knew it had these powers, he didn’t activate it, and therefore he was using it as a normal knife.” Izzy raised her eyebrow and Pete coughed.

“You mean, if we activate it or whatever, we can use it to get more powers?” He asked, and Gabe nodded.

“Yes. But it’s not really a nice way of doing it, you have to stab the vampire to get the powers, it’s a little evil.” Pete rolled his eyes.

“Not as evil as any vampire we would do it to, I say we use it,” He announced and Izzy nodded, agreeing.

“Me too, it could really help if we’re doing this to get to William.” Gabe sighed, drawing out the knife that he seemed to have cleaned. He handed it to Izzy.

“I’ve already activated it for you, I had a feeling you would say you wanted it,” He said, and Pete and Izzy smiled.

“Oh we’re going to have some fun with this.” Pete said, and everyone finished their breakfast, Pete and Izzy waiting impatiently to get outside so they could try their new toy.

~~~

Walking outside, both Pete and Izzy were wearing sunglasses, paranoid of the effects of the sun. Patrick rolled his eyes at them, walking out into the street.

“You know the sun is fine today, I don’t know why you’re wearing those.” Izzy sighed.

“I know, but even so, it’s still fucking bright when you’ve seen nothing but darkness for half a year,” She smiled and danced around a bit, linking arms with Pete as they ran ahead of everyone, enjoying their freedom. The rest of them smiled, knowing they should make the most of the two being in a good mood. Soon they arrived into town, which was deserted of humans, but full of vampires. It was a normal outing, except... brighter. Most of them were harmless, simply doing the same as they were, enjoying the one of the only two days in the year they could come out into the sun. They still walked carefully, receiving glances when one of them would smell their blood, growling at them before they saw Pete and Izzy. As soon as they saw them, they would turn away, pretending they hadn’t seen anything. One brave little vampire didn’t notice them however, and stood in front of them, licking his lips slightly.

“Well, well well. What do we have here? Some little snacks out that didn’t take warning from the news.” He sneered and Evie smirked, knowing Izzy was standing behind him.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you, you’ll regret it.” She laughed, and the vampire sneered again and Izzy rolled her eyes, tapping him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me?” She asked politely, and he turned, widening his eyes when he saw her.

“Oh, hello, I, didn’t see you there,” He stuttered, and she rolled her eyes again before stabbing him, not letting him talk anymore. She watched as a green light flashed through him, his powers sliding from his body, down the knife and into her arm. He fell into a pile of dust, everyone realising that taking his powers from him works the same way as a stake. Izzy looked confused, trying to work out what she had just received. The vampires around them had backed away at this point, not wanting to take her, or any of them, on. Izzy turned to one of the stragglers and threw her arm out, sending a stream of fire his way, turning him into a pile of dust too. She looked pleased, and smiled at her hand. Pete looked annoyed and grabbed the knife.

“My turn next,” He announced, and ran down an alleyway where he knew a few were hiding. After making a lot of noise from the kill, he returned, waving his hand at random cars in the street, blowing them up as his did so. Izzy rolled her eyes and Pete looked smug.

“Nice,” He said, and Izzy glared.

“We’re not here to blow stuff up Pete, we’re supposed to be having a fun day out,” Pete laughed slightly.

“We are having fun.” Izzy glared for a second then her face broke into a smile.

“Yeah we are, aren’t we,” She laughed and linked arms with him again, them running off to find more vampires to kill and steal powers from. Gabe turned to the rest of them and sighed.

“Those powers are going to go to their heads, someone follow them and make sure they're careful please,” Andy and Joe nodded, running off to find Pete and Izzy. Evie and Patrick sighed.

“Well this is fun,” Patrick rolled his eyes and Evie laughed.

“How are you and Izzy?” She asked, and Patrick sighed.

“Non-existent still, we’re still not getting anywhere.”

“Do you want to? Be with her, I mean.” He nodded slowly.

“You know I do. It’s just; I don’t think she came back for that. I think she genuinely did come back to kill William, and that’s it.” Evie nodded.

“I’m sure she wants you back somewhere in her head, she’s just concentrating on the fight right now.” Patrick nodded too, and looked back at Evie.

“What about you and Pete?” He asked, and Evie looked glumly down at her shoes.

“We’re still fighting, we don’t talk, and he doesn’t care about me. Take your pick,” Patrick stared sympathetically at her, staring momentarily at where Gabe, Crystal and Tiffany were having a small water fight in the courtyard fountain.

“I’m sorry Evie.” He couldn’t think of anything to say, but was saved from embarrassment as Joe and Andy returned, Andy dragging Pete back, and Joe with Izzy flung over his shoulder.

“Joe you realise if I didn’t like you I would kick your ass right now, you wouldn’t stand a chance,” She yelled, and Joe smirked.

“But you wouldn’t, you love me too much.” As they got back, Gabe returned, (slightly wetter than before), and stared at them.

“How many?” He asked, and Izzy and Pete looked at each other childishly before giggling. Gabe rolled his eyes.

“How many,” He repeated, and they sighed.

“I got around 15, Pete got 7 or 8,” Izzy announced, and Pete glared, not happy with being compared in numbers to her. Gabe widened his eyes.

“Fifteen?! Do you realise how corrupted those powers are going to make you?” He asked, and Izzy looked unamused.

“Corrupted schmupted. I don’t care Gabe, I feel great.” She smiled wide and looked at Pete before he nodded. They both clicked their fingers and disappeared into thin air.

“Great.” Gabe muttered, and made everyone head back to the warehouse. Patrick and Evie wondered aloud how worried they should be about Izzy and Pete, and the rest of them formulated a plan to punish them when they got back.

~~~

Out in the streets, Izzy and Pete were killing tens of vampires, becoming unstoppable with the amount of powers they were getting. Izzy was enjoying hunting for once, and Pete too was starting to love the thrill of the kill. Izzy yelled over to Pete when she was cornered by a vampire. She could just stake him, but that would mean wasting a power.

“Knife!” She yelled, and Pete threw the dagger over to her, Izzy plunging it into the chest of the vampire. She smiled as the usual thing happened, and threw it back to Pete as he attacked two more. After finishing off that group, they stood and smiled at their handy work. Pete looked gleefully back at Izzy.

“Izzy, I finally got that power you had, the fireball one.” He flicked his wristed to the dustbin next to them, watching it burst into flame. Izzy glared.

“Stop getting my powers, we need different ones.” She huffed, and Pete rolled his eyes.

“Oh fuck off, just because I’m better at using them than you are.” Izzy glared, but then realised what they were doing.

“Pete we can’t fight, otherwise we’re not going to be able to use this,” She held up the knife and Pete nodded.

“You’re right, I know. Oh, let’s go to that bar down the street, they always have some heavy loaded vamps on Equinox days,” Izzy nodded, following him to a bar down one of the side roads. As they went in, people turned to look at them, scattering when they saw who had just walked in. Izzy immediately began to wipe out vampires next to her, killing the odd one with new powers because they looked weak, and she didn’t want weak powers. The ones that put up a good fight would get the knife treatment, and soon the bar was wiped clean, after just 10 minutes of them beginning to kill. Pete looked happily at his hands, which were now glowing. Izzy tilted her head, confused.

“What the hell is that?” She asked, and Pete sniggered.

“I think...” He grabbed a glass off of a table, crushing it in his hand. “I think I just got stronger than you.” He smirked, and Izzy glared.

“Please, I could still take you.” Pete laughed and stepped towards her.

“I don't think so,” It was getting dark outside, and they could hear more vampires coming down the street. Izzy pushed his chest slightly.

“Fuck you Pete, I’m not the most powerful vampire for nothing you know,” Pete laughed at her.

“You’re not, William is, remember? The guy you fucked Patrick over for?” Izzy growled, punching Pete in the face. Pete evidently hadn’t got his senses under control yet, because he didn’t see it coming. He lunged at her, pushing her into a table, knocking glasses over and braking chairs. Pete threw punches to her face, but Izzy caught them and kicked him in the stomach.

Suddenly the room span, and the next thing they knew, they were stood in the living room of the warehouse, still throwing punches at each other, Izzy kicking Pete in the stomach again when he elbowed her in the chest. They both felt arms around them, and Izzy was about to punch the person holding her away when she realised it was Patrick. She did however push him off of her and glare at him.

“Fuck off Patrick; how the fuck did we get here?” She asked angrily, and Gabe showed himself from the kitchen.

“I brought you here, serves you right for fucking off when we were trying to save you from yourselves.” Izzy glared and shrugged. Pete was still struggling against Joe, and he hissed, baring his teeth when Gabe told them how they got there.

“We’re fine, there’s nothing wrong with us.” Izzy retaliated, and flung her hand to the side to prove her point. This caused the whole wall next to them to explode, and everyone in the living ducked to save themselves from flying bricks. Gabe was the first to stand and dusted himself off.

“You were saying,” He mumbled, and Izzy looked guiltily at the wall.

“Oh. Maybe I did get a few more powers than I can handle...” She pulled the knife out of her pocket and giggled slightly. Pete looked longingly at the knife and moaned when Izzy decided to give it up.

“But Izzy,” He whined, and walked up to her. “It’s so much fun...” He pleaded her with his eyes and she shook her head.

“I know... but look at that wall Pete. What if someone was standing there when I did that?” Pete looked gloomily at the floor.

“Fiiiiine.” Izzy smiled, but then frowned slightly.

“We wasted our Equinox today, didn’t we?” She asked, and most people in the room nodded, making her upset slightly.

“Now I have to wait till September to go the park,” Pete added, and Izzy rolled her eyes at him, before Gabe smiled evilly.

“So, who wants to stab Izzy, and who wants to stab Pete?” Everyone stared at him and Izzy raised her eyebrows.

“Er, Gabe, if we get stabbed we turn into dust,” She explained, and Gabe shook his head.

“If I protect your original powers, then you don’t have all of them taken off of you, just the ones you stole.” He smiled, and Pete looked slightly intimidated by the fact Evie looked rather happy at this point. She stood in front of Pete and smiled evilly.

“I’ll stab Pete,” She said, and Pete widened his eyes.

“I love you too,” He mumbled, and she smirked. Izzy knew what was coming when Patrick glanced at her and smiled sweetly.

“Izzy, mind if I stab you?”
Sign up to rate and review this story