Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

Part II.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Part II.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-03-23 - Updated: 2009-03-23 - 1626 words

0Unrated

**************************************

‘Mr. Urie, while you’re waiting, I need you to fill out some paper work for me for your wife’s chart.’ Brendon nodded as the nurse handed him a clip board with a thick stack of papers. Brendon began filling out all of the information he needed: Grace’s birth date, her social security number, her maiden name, her blood type, etc. It actually kept his mind off of the fact that he couldn’t see her at the moment.

‘Mr. Urie.’ Brendon stood up at the doctor came into the waiting room where Brendon was waiting for any news. They had been in the emergency room for two hours and Brendon had yet to hear a word about what was going on with his wife.

‘Yes?’ Brendon said standing up. He looked around at the various people in the waiting room.

‘Will you come with me please? Grace is asking for you.’

‘She’s awake?’

‘Yes sir. While you’re here, I’m going to explain to you both what happened this morning.’

‘Okay.’ Brendon followed the doctor into Grace’s room. She was looking pale and clammy. He smiled noticing her face light up a little bit when he walked into the room. ‘Hey baby.’ Brendon said quietly kissing her forehead. ‘Don’t scare me like that.’ He kissed her lips before they both turned to the doctor.

The doctor pulled over a stool and sat down next to the bed. ‘Grace, were you aware that you were pregnant?’ Grace looked shocked.

‘No, no I had no idea. The doctor told us that we were not able to have children.’

‘Well what happened was you’ve had an inevitable miscarriage. In translation, the cervix opened and the fetus detached from the uterine lining.’

‘So we’re not pregnant anymore?’

‘Technically speaking, since your miscarriage just started a few hours ago the fetal tissue is still inside the uterus, however, it is very important that we get it out before it causing infection or worse.’

‘How did this happen?’ Grace asked as more tears ran down her cheeks.

‘There are a couple of things that could have caused this. The only way to determine that would be to send the fetal tissue to pathology. With your reproductive history, I do have intentions of doing that. But my guess would be some sort of chromosomal abnormality with either one of you two. It could also be an imbalance of hormones. I’ll be able to tell you more afterwards.’

‘So what are you going to do?’

‘I’m going to recommend a surgical procedure called a D&C.’

‘That’s the abortion procedure.’

‘Yes, it is, however, to be sure I’m not performing an abortion on you. There is no baby in there.’

‘Okay.’ Brendon took Grace’s hand.

‘How long will she be under?’

‘It will take me about half an hour and I’m going to keep her in here over night just for observation and then she’ll be free to go home almost as good as new. I’ll recommend that you take it easy for about two weeks and no sexual intercourse for about three weeks after the procedure. I’m also going to put you on the birth control pill just to regulate your cycle for about two months.’

‘Alright.’

‘When can we schedule the procedure?’

‘I’d like to do it as soon as possible. If it’s alright, I’d like to do it with in the next two hours or so.’

‘Okay I think that will be alright. I’ll call your parents and see if they will bring the boys down here to see you before and I’ll call Holly and Ryan.’ Grace nodded.

‘Alright, I’ll book the operating room and be back in a few minutes for your pre-op.’ Grace nodded as she watched the doctor walk out of the room.

‘Our baby.’ Grace said looking up at Brendon with a hurt look.

‘I know Gracie.’ Brendon kissed her hand as she began to cry. ‘This is so messed up.’

‘Why does this stuff always happen to us?’

‘I have no idea it’s bound to get better though.’

‘I hope you’re right.’

‘I’m going to call your mom.’ Brendon pulled out his iphone and dialed the house number.

‘Hello? Brendon?’ Mrs. Brady said quickly.

‘Hey momma B.’

‘Brendon, what is going on?’

‘Grace had a miscarriage. She’s going into surgery in about two hours. Will you bring the boys down here?’

‘Of course. We’ll be there soon. I’m sure that you’re in the room with her so I’ll call your parents and let them k now about it.’

‘That would be great. We’ll see you soon.’

‘Bye sweetie.’ Brendon hung up the phone and then dialed Ryan’s number.

‘Who ever this is better have a great fucking reason for calling at four in the morning.’ Holly grumbled on the phone as Brendon sat next to Grace’s bed.

‘I do have a good reason, where is your husband?’

‘Brendon? What’s wrong?’

‘Let me talk to Ryan.’ Brendon heard the phone being moved before Ryan’s groggy voice sounded on the phone.

‘Hello?’

‘Hey, it’s Brendon. Listen, Grace is in the hospital.’

‘WHAT?! What happened? Is she alright?’

‘No but she will be soon. Listen it’s kind of complicated, I’ll explain it to you while she’s in surgery.’

‘SURGERY! Oh my god, I’ll be right there.’ Ryan hung up the phone before Brendon could even answer.

‘What did Ryan say?’ Grace asked. Brendon kissed her hand.

‘You know how Ryan is; he’ll be here before your parents even get here.’

‘Of course.’ Grace chuckled slightly. Brendon sat down on the side of the bed and held her hand.

‘Baby, everything is going to be alright.’ Brendon kissed her hand before her lips.

Twenty minutes later Ryan came into the room frantically freaking out. ‘Are you alright? I can’t believe I did this to you. Grace I’m so sorry.’ Grace looked over at Brendon and rolled her eyes.

‘Ryan, you did not do this to me.’

‘Of course I did. I caused this because I didn’t tell you about Holly and I’s baby.’

‘No Ryan, that’s not what happened.’ Grace said taking his hand. ‘The doctor said it had something to do with us that’s it. Not a big deal you had nothing to do with it.’

‘I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about the baby.’

‘Ryan, I don’t want to talk about this before surgery. We can talk about it later.’ Ryan nodded as the boys and Grace’s parents walked into the room. Caleb was in absolutely hysterias.

‘Hey buddy, what’s wrong?’ Brendon asked picking him up.

‘I want mommy.’ He cried. Brendon set him down on the bed and he climbed on top of Grace hugging her around the neck.

‘Baby, what’s wrong?’

‘I no want you to go to heaben.’

‘Baby, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be just fine.’

‘Buddy, the doctor is just going to make sure mommy is okay. She’s going to be just fine.’

‘No, mommy…’Caleb could not even finish what he was saying. He was so upset.

‘Baby…Caleb look at me.’ Grace said pulling his face up to look at him. ‘I’m not going anywhere. I love you so much. I’m never going to leave you baby.’

‘Promise?’

‘Cross my heart, baby, I’m not going anywhere.’ Grace kissed his cheek and pulled him into a hug. She held her other arm out for Chace who Brendon sat on the bed. ‘I love you boys so much. Mommy is not going anywhere okay? I’m always going to be your mommy.’

An hour past, Grace lay in the bed with her boys just waiting for the doctor to come in to take her to surgery. Brendon got prepped. They were going to let him hold her hand through out the procedure. Grace’s parents had the boys and were planning to keep them and stay until Grace was feeling one hundred percent.

‘Alright Grace.’ The doctor said as he walked into the room.

‘Boys tell mommy night night, she’s going to go to sleep for a little bit.’ Chace and Caleb both got on the bed and gave Grace a hug and a kiss.

‘Have a good nap mommy.’ Chace smiled kissing her cheek.

‘I love you sweetheart.’ Caleb was next and received the same thing before Grace’s parents kissed her forehead and took the boys out of the room.

‘I love you Gracie-face.’ Ryan kissed her cheek and followed everyone out of the room.

‘Alright Grace, Stacy is going to put your IV in and then we’ll get started. Brendon when we get into the operating room I need you to stand close to her head, hold her hand or whatever you want just stay at the top of her head.’

‘Okay.’

‘Dr. White, it will be possible for us to have a baby still right?’

‘Yes, this will not affect your fertility.’

Through out the procedure, Brendon held Grace’s hand kissing her forehead periodically. It was the perfect picture of marriage. Brendon was there for Grace when she needed him supporting her through out the hardest times.

The surgery went well with out complications. Grace and Brendon had no idea they were expecting. Grace was upset that they had lost their baby but everything happens for a reason and if it was meant to be they would have another chance at their precious baby.
Sign up to rate and review this story