Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's Not So Easy, Is It?

Chapter 9

by _Amy_Revenge_ 1 review

Mikey has a child?! Frank had a one night stand?! Oh my...[Rated for violence]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-03-25 - Updated: 2009-03-26 - 2592 words

5Exciting
Hey guys, sorry for not writing in so long. Hopefully you'll forgive me?
Any way, I'm going to try my hardest with this chapter, seeing as I haven't written anything on it in a little over...I don't know maybe 4 or 5 months. That's a long ass time, isn't it?
So anyway, if this chapter sucks royally, just let me know in a nice little review, and I'll fix whatever is wrong. Enjoy!


I looked from Damien to Mikey, and back to Damien. No...No, that couldn't be right. We never knew our fathers. Our mothers never even talked about them, or had and pictures laying around. So how could Mikey be his dad? It just didn't make sense.

And yet, as I started to see the resemblances, it did.

"Uh..." Damien said, looking around at us all. "I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it doesn't make sense. I don't have a dad."

Gerard cleared his throat. We all looked at him.

"What? Can't a guy clear his throat?"

We ignored him and went back to staring at Mikey and Damien, waiting for someone to talk. Finally, Mikey did. Er, actually he broke the silence by walking up to Damien. Probably so that he could get a better look at him.

Mikey lifted Damiens chin and moved the hair out of his face. We all watched as he studied his face for at least five minutes. Then,

"Damien, who was your mother?" Mikey asked, ever so softly. I could tell that we were all straining to hear.

Damien cleared his throat. "Lucy. Her name was Lucy." Mikey's face had confusion written all over it.

"What was her last name?"

"Uh, Maine. Lucy Maine."

"Hey, wasn't that the name of your ex-" Frank started to ask, but was interrupted as Bob elbowed him in the chest. "Ow! Bob, dammit, that hurt!"

"Shut up, Iero."

"Gee, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help," Frank whispered as he frowned.

"Lucy Maine...Lucy Maine..dammit why does that sound so familiar?" Mikey asked, looking to Gerard, who shrugged.

"I dunno. Ask Frank, he obviously remembers." Mikey turned to Frank.

"Well?"

Frank twitched his nose, and said,"Well, Lucy was the name of your ex-girlfriend, remember?" Mikey nodded. "And well, uh..didn't she work someplace called uh...hm.." he trailed off, a look of thought running across his face. Suddenly Ray clapped his hands.

"I got it!"

We all looked at him.

"Yeah?" Mikey asked.

"Dude, Lucky Lucy! Or Luce, as we usually called her. First girlfriend you ever had, remember? Worked the pole at that one candy shop down the street from the school! Man oh man, she had the biggest tits I've ever seen in my life," Ray said, smiling. Then he blushed and looked away for a moment before saying, "Well, I mean I think that's the one. It might have been a different Lu-"

"No. I think you're right. I remember her. We hit it off one night, and she invited me to that shop place. At first I said no, but then Gerard mentioned that he wanted to go anyway, and that he'd give me a ride." He flashed Gerard a grin before continuing. "Anyway, I remember watching her dance, and my heart did these weird flip-flop things, kind of like that feeling you get when you're excited?" The guys all nodded.

"Wait, she said some guy gave her a hundred," Damien said. Mikey chuckled.

"Yeah, that was me."

"Where did you get that money from, Mikey?" Gerard asked. "I mean, we sure as hell weren't rich!"

Mikey chuckled again. "Well..it wasn't really mine. I fished it out of some dudes pocket. Aw come on, Gee, don't tell me you've never done that!" he said at Gerard's disapproving look. Gerard grinned sheepishly.

"Okay okay so what happened next?" Damien asked, clearly eager to find out if Mikey really was his dad. Christ, at this point in time even I was hoping he was his dad.

"She smiled, kissed me, and said 'Thanks, sugar, I'll see you later,' and just like that she walked away. Man, I was so pissed when she started dancing up on another guy that I knocked the poor sucker out. Needless to say, I was kicked out of the place and Gerard was laughing his ass off."

"But did you see her later that night?"

We all waited for Mikey to speak. He sighed. "Yeah, I did. But I'm not too proud of it, even to this day."

"She was drunk off her ass, wasn't she," I said, walking up to stand next to Damien. Mikey put his head down.

"Yeah, she was. But we did what we did, and that was the last time I saw her. After that, I was just too busy in school to care. I mean, it was obviously a one-night thing, and I was only fifteen and-"

"Wait, you were fifteen?" Frank asked.

"Yeah, I just said tha-" Mikey started to say but Frank interrupted him again.

"For the love of God, Mikey, couldn't you keep it in your pants?"

Mikey flipped him off, and Gerard said, "As I recall, Frankfurter, you couldn't keep it in your pants either. Remember that one chick?"

Frank smirked. "Oh fuck yeah, I remember her! Best fucking night I've had in my life- other than meeting Jamia, of course," he said, winking at Mikey, who shuddered.

"I so didn't want to hear that. Seriously Frank, never."

"Yeah yeah we get it! So what does this mean?" Damien asked, practically bouncing on his toes.

Mikey bit his lip. "Well...Okay, how long has it been since you last saw your mom?"

"About..I dunno, how long has it been James?"

I looked at him, realizing that up until now I hadn't really spoken. "Uh...six years?"

"Yeah, six years. To this day, I think."

"What did you mom look like last time you saw her?"

Damien had that look on his face that said he was into some serious thinking, now. "She had blond hair. It was curly, like it always was. She was wearing cherry red lipstick, and she was talking to this guy on the phone. Screaming, more like."

"I remember that," I said. "She was smoking, too. And you could tell she had a total hang over," I put in. Mikey shook his head.

"No, I meant like, her eye color, or the color of her skin, or something like that," he said.

"Oh. Well she had blue eyes, the darkest blue I've ever seen. And her skin had this tannish tint to it, sort of like mine," he said. He held up his arms and pulled back the sleeve of his jacket to show.

Mikey nodded. "Yep, that sounds like her to me."

"So, does this mean I'm your son?" Damien asked. You could so totally tell he was really hoping he was. Hell, we all were, I'm pretty sure.

Mikey nodded again. "Yes, Damien, you're my son," he said, and he brought Damien into a hug. It was a sort of fatherly hug, yet it wasn't.

I heard Frank and Gerard talking, and tuned into what they were saying.

"...yeah, Maria something-or-another. Wasn't that her name?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah, I think so. But what was her last name? For the life of me, I could never remember," Frank said, shaking his head. I walked up and stood a little behind them both.

"Gates, wasn't it?"

"Bingo! Maria something Gates. Man, I'll never forget her, so help me as long as I live."

If my sharp intake of breath hadn't given me away, I'm sure they'd never have noticed I was there.

"Hey, you okay kid?" Gerard teased, patting me on the back. I blinked.

"What did you say?" I asked, looking at Frank.

"Uh, I was talking about this Maria chick," he said.

"Maria chick?" I spat out. "So that's it, just some fucking Maria chick? Or was it something else, like how you fucked her brains out at a stupid fucking party, and left her sleeping in some strangers bed after you had your way with her?" I said angrily.

Gerard's eyes went wide, and Frank stuttered," H-how the fuck did you know that?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe cos that's ALL my mother ever talked about? How she met some "sexy-ass mother fucker" who got her drunk at a party?" I was pretty pissed now. I don't really know why, other than because I had heard him talking about how she was so good in bed.

Something seemed to click in Gerard's eyes. I hadn't realized Ray and Bob had been listening until Ray said, "Holy shitballs! Mikey AND Frank have love children? How bizarre!"

"What the hell?" Mikey said as he came over to us, Damien right behind him.

"Look kid, I sure as hell ain't your dad. All I did was have some fun, and when I woke up I didn't even know where I was an-"

"So you fucking left her there?" I all but yelled at him.

"Damn straight I did! Fuck, I was drunk off my ass when we had se-"

I couldn't take it, couldn't let him finish. So I punched him, good and hard, and heard his nose break.

"You fucker!" he yelled, diving at me.

"Frank, no!"
"James, stop it!"

We rolled around on the hard cement, throwing crappy punches and banging into boxes. At one point I pinned him down and said, "You ass monkey, you're gonna pay for what you put me through!" and I delivered another punch. As my fist collided into the side of his face I felt a sharp pain in my groin. "FUCK!" I screamed, rolling off of him and holding myself.

"That'll show you, PUNK!" Frank yelled, kicking me again and again in the stomach.

My manhood was in so much pain, I didn't even notice when the kicking stopped and someone said "Dammit, Frank, can't you see he's you son?"

"How can he be my son? I only had sex once, and we used a rub-"

"Are you sure? I mean, if what he says is true, you were drunk off your ass," Gerard said. At least, I think it was Gerard.

I was still in too much pain to care;I couldn't move, let alone talk(that I know of, I really didn't wanna try). Then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, and my best friends' voice said, "Hey man, you okay? That was one helluva way to throw a punch. Pity it didn't knock him out, eh?" I groaned in response.

"Hey, if you guys are done, can we get some ice? Or at least some one help him up, I swear he weighs a ton!"

"Shuddup Damien, I weigh less than you ever will," I mumbled. He laughed. Then I was being lifted up and carried, and finally I was sitting in a chair. I groaned and leaned forward, resting my head on the table I had been seated at earlier.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The sounds of chair legs scraping against the cement woke me up. Shit, did I fall asleep? I wondered. Someone chuckled.

"Yeah, you were out like a light as soon as your head hit the table," Frank said. My eyes went wide and I said up straight like a rod, almost falling backwards. "Hey, hey, chillax."

I stared at him funny. I hated it when adults used that word, but somehow they fit perfectly with Frank. Maybe it was because he still resembled a teenage boy? I dunno.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I did earlier. I shouldn't have reacted like I did. Forgive me?" he said, putting out his hand. I smiled lazily and shook it.

"Consider it forgotten. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have let my anger control me like that. It's just..I love my mother, dearly. I just don't like what she did with her life, or me when I lived with her."

There was silence for a while.

"You really think I'm your father?" Frank asked.

I shook my head. "To be honest, I don't know what to think right now. It's just..all the evidence is there; you were both at a part, you were both drunk, you said her name was Maria Gates...Gates is my last name, if I didn't mention that earlier."

Frank nodded. "Well, if its any consolation to you, I agree that there's pretty hardcore evidence there. But," he leaned forward. "You wanna know what I think?"

I nodded.

"I think we should both take a blood test, after we're all set up here in Phoenix,and see if the facts line up. Damien and Mikey are gonna do the same thing. Sound good to you?"

I nodded again. "Yeah, sounds pretty reasonable. But uh, where are me and Damien going to stay for tonight?" I was almost afraid of the answer.

"Well me and the guys have discussed it, and we think you should come home with us. We've got a house up in the mountains, not too far from here, and there's a couple extra rooms. Of course, if you prefer the streets we'd understand but...I'm asking you to come with us. It would make us feel so much more relaxed."

I chuckled. "Why wouldn't you be relaxed anyway?"

"I don't really know. But come on, what do you say?"

I pretended to think it over. "Hm..I suppose we could stay for tonight.." I said. Come on, I thought. Who would say NO to that? I'd be out of my mind not to.

He smiled. "Alright, then. Oh, here," he said, handing me an icepack. "Figured you might still need it."

I smiled and took it. "Thanks. And yeah, I really needed it."

He didn't say anything, only stood up and motioned for me to follow. It hurt the first few steps, but after that it was just like normal. I met up with Damien outside the bus station and we both slid into a nice limo. Nobody said anything on the way to the house, and I was glad. Oh sure, a couple of them(Bob and Ray, I think) gave me the thumbs up(I still don't know why) and I smiled, but other than that nothing.

We pulled up to this huge house and got out.

"Well, this is our home. Make yourselves comfortable. What's ours is yours," said Gerard, unlocking the front door.

Me and Damien chuckled, I don't know why. It was sort of like an inside joke between us, something neither of us got, I'm sure.

Mikey took our things and led us upstairs to a couple bedrooms. As soon as I saw the bed I was filled with happiness.

"Hell yes!" I yelled, and ran to the bed, jumping on it. I was laying face down, and I heard Damien and Mikey chuckle. I didn't care. I didn't even care if we were supposed to share the bed, I just wanted to sleep.

"Goodnight, boys," Mikey said, and I heard him shut the door.

"Ugh, move over you bed hog!" Damien teased, pushing me over towards the wall. I groaned and rolled over.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, I figured I'd give you all a nice long chapter to read. Once again, sorry if some of it is a little crappy. Its about 4 o'clock a.m. and I'm tired as fu-uck lol
Review and let me know if anything needs to be fixed.
-A_Revenge-
Sign up to rate and review this story