Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Brothers and Sisters

Oi-tray-jus (An Inside Joke)

by moocow 7 reviews

Filler with a purpose. Btw, thanks for the green chapter index... ;]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2009-03-29 - Updated: 2009-03-29 - 3929 words

5Exciting
Just like the last party aftermath, the morning came too quickly and everyone that had survived the night had either woken up in an awkward position, or woken up with someone of the opposite sex attached to them. Patrick had managed to stop himself from tumbling into the pool as he awoke, but sat up to receive a huge headache pounding at his skull. He looked up to a face above him, blinking slightly as the sun hit his eyes.

“Patrick get up,” Ali sounded annoyed, and Patrick gulped slightly.

“Morning,” He whispered, and Ali sighed.

“Morning. You were passed out on the raft,” She motioned to the inflatable raft next to him, and he groaned before pulling himself onto his feet, watching as the view in front of him spun slightly. He shook his head to clear it, before turning to Ali.

“I’m sorry about-” Ali shushed him and walked inside, not saying anything back to him. Patrick frowned, feeling guilty about last night’s events. Forcing himself to move into the kitchen inside, he rolled his eyes when some people were already awake.

Andy, Jenn, Ashley and Joe were all sat next to the kitchen bar, watching as Patrick stumbled in. He glared as Andy smirked, and Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Don’t even say anything,” He sighed, causing Andy to smirk again. “Where’s the aspirin?”

“Good morning sunshine, top cupboard above the sink, have an exhausting night did we?” Jenn giggled and Patrick shot a glare at all of them.

“No, I just don’t feel well.” Joe smiled.

“There’s a surprise,” Patrick rolled his eyes again, gulping as Ali walked back into the kitchen. She looked at him for a moment before sighing and sitting down to eat the toast she had made before waking Patrick up. He sighed too, and ventured upstairs to avoid the awkward air he would have for a while with Ali. Ali stayed downstairs eating her breakfast, avoiding looks from the others as she ate. Finally she placed the remains of her toast back onto the plate and looked back at them.

“What?” She asked, and Jenn sighed.

“What went on with you and Patrick last night?” She asked, and Ali sighed.

“Not now, Jenn, really not in the mood,” Jenn shrugged and reached behind her, grabbing a notebook and poking Andy in the arm.

“Time to get counting Mr. Hurley, our riches don’t count themselves,” Andy laughed and put his plate on the counter before following Jenn into the front room. Ali frowned.

“Do you reckon we made the money we needed?” Ashley smiled.

“I think we did, we had a lot of people turn up yesterday,” Ali nodded, and looked back at her hands.

“How much did we need?” She asked, trying to keep conversation away from last night’s bedroom events. Joe crushed his face for a second before smiling.

“$400. $600 if we want legal relation documents if they are related. And another $100 if we want adoption documents from their parents if they are twins,” Ali nodded, hoping that $700 was made last night. She wasn’t feeling very optimistic, but then heard a shout from the front room.

“ONE HUNDRED! One hundred and five, one hundred and ten, one hundred and fifteen...” Ali smiled slightly, before looking back into her glass of orange juice. Today was going to be awkward for a lot of people.

Upstairs, Patrick arrived in the hallway, before turning to Izzy’s bedroom door. He sighed, wondering if she could give him any advice on how to act around Ali. All the girls were best friends, so he thought it best to ask them if he needed to know anything about Ali. He knocked on the door, frowning when there wasn’t an answer. He knocked again, before opening the door himself. He widened his eyes when he looked to the bed, slapping a hand to his eyes as both Izzy and Pete were naked on the bed. He groaned and backed out of the room, smacking straight into the doorframe as he tried to escape. There was a grunt from behind him, followed by a scream, followed by a thump. Patrick raised an eyebrow from under his hand, wondering what the strange noises were. He opened his eyes slightly to see Izzy covering herself up with the bed sheet, Pete rubbing his head from where he was now naked on the floor. Patrick groaned and closed his eyes again.

“Pete please cover yourself up, I have enough of that view when I get the porn ninja,” Izzy huffed and Pete laughed.

“I fell off the bed, sorry.” He climbed back into bed, making Izzy giggle slightly when he jumped on top of her. Patrick widened his eyes and yelled.

“Hey! None of that while I’m in the room thank you,” Pete smirked and sat up.

“What is it you want hat boy?” He sniggered and looked at Patrick who was trying to ignore the fact Pete wasn’t bothering to cover himself up anymore, and was sitting cross legged on the bed, showing the whole room his goods.

“I wanted to speak to Izzy for a second but I see she’s, er, busy.” Patrick backed into the doorframe again, and sighed as he escaped as quickly as possible out of the room. Pete sniggered again and Izzy smiled slightly before leaning into him.

“Morning,” She whispered, kissing his lips. Pete smiled lightly and kissed her for a second, before pulling back and jumping up to put his clothes on. Izzy frowned and sat up, tilting her head.

“Are you not staying in bed for a little while?” She asked, and Pete shook his head.

“I’m freaking hungry,” He laughed, and pulled his shirt on. Izzy nodded then smiled.

“Me too, I’ll come down with you.” She stood and Pete looked at her.

“You don’t have to, if you want to go back to sleep you can.” Izzy shook her own head and smiled again.

“I do want to.” She headed to her closet and started to get dressed. As she put underwear on, she heard the door behind her close and looked back to see Pete gone. She frowned again but shrugged nonetheless, heading downstairs after dressing to get some breakfast.

Everyone was awake and downstairs by this point, including Dirty who was trying desperately to get into the living room.

“But I want to watch Hannah Montana,” He whined, and Travis, who was stood in front of the door, shook his head.

“I told you Dirty; you’re not allowed to go in there,” He huffed and crossed his arms like a child.

“Fine. I’m going to the toilet,” He stomped off towards the downstairs toilet, leaving Travis to roll his eyes. Izzy moved over to where Pete was making toast, and smiled at him before leaning on the counter in front of him.

“Are you okay?” She asked, and Pete nodded.

“I’m fine, why?” He looked back at her and she shrugged.

“Nothing, you just seem a little distant,” Pete smiled and turned to her.

“I’m fine, babe honestly,” He smiled again and Izzy nodded, leaning up to kiss him. Everyone in the kitchen turned to look at them and Grace smirked, ready to tease Izzy.

“Well well, little miss Pete hater finally admits she actually likes him,” Izzy smiled, slightly embarrassed, and Pete used the opportunity to walk to the other side of the room to fix his toast. Ali walked up to Izzy and squinted her eyes, noticing the mark on her neck. She glared at her slightly and then looked at Pete.

“Excuse me,” She pointed to Izzy’s neck and pouted.

“Pete you manwhore, did you put your mark on my Izzy?” Izzy widened her eyes and went to the mirror in the hallway. She gasped and slapped Pete in the arm as she walked back in.

You,” She hissed, though smirking slightly when Pete shrugged innocently.

“Who me?” He smiled, and walked away from her to the counter. Patrick looked at him as he walked away, then looked to the rest of the people in the room.

“Yeah, you realize they had sex last night you know,” Ali gasped and turned to Izzy.

“And I didn’t know about this why?” She glared, and Izzy widened her eyes.

“I’ve only just woken up! Patrick only knows because he woke us up,” Patrick looked down at his hands, hoping that she wouldn’t mention that he saw her naked for about half a second. Ali sighed and sat back down, not really in the mood to start a conversation with Patrick. Ashley smirked.

“At least someone got some last night,” She looked pointedly at Ali, and Ali shifted uncomfortably.

“Where is Jenn?” She asked, changing the subject quickly. Ashley shrugged, and as if on cue, Jenn and Andy emerged from the living room carrying a notepad. Jenn smiled, Andy clearing his throat.

“Everyone want to know how much we raised?” He asked, and everyone nodded. Jenn smiled and grabbed the notebook from Andy, clearing her own throat.

“Two thousand fucking dollars,” She smirked, and everyone widened their eyes. Joe jumped up and clapped his hands.

“We can go on a mini-holiday with that!” He yelled, and Ashley pulled him back into his seat.

“Not with that, we can go on a mini-holiday with $1300. Remember we need to take out the money for the DNA test,” Joe nodded eagerly and smiled.

“I know, but, we can go enjoy ourselves for a weekend, rent a beach house or something!” Jenn nodded and smiled.

“The DNA place I want to go to is at the coast, about 150 miles from here,” Joe’s smiled widened again and he laughed.

“See! This is perfect!” He jumped up again, only to be pulled back down by Ashley. Jenn sighed.

“But first we need to think of a way to get Dirty to give blood to these DNA people,” Everyone sat in thought, watching as Dirty emerged from the toilet. Pete smiled evilly before slapping Dirty on the back.

“Dirty, you know up at the coast, there’s a blood bank right?” Dirty raised an eyebrow.

“There is?” He looked extremely confused for a minute, and Pete nodded.

“Yeah, all those nurses there. I was thinking we go and give some blood, see if we can’t get ourselves a nurse or two,” Dirty’s eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly.

“Sure! Wait, when are we going to the beach?” He asked, and Jenn shrugged.

“Whenever we want,”

*

The calendar had been marked for the trip within an hour of Jenn’s announcement of a holiday. Seeing that fall vacation was the following week, everybody agreed that they would leave for the coast that Sunday, and made reservations for the hotel/beach house. Afterwards, Ali couldn’t help but drift away from the group to her room where she sighed at one of her dresser drawers that was half way open. She crossed the room and looked into it, finding it empty and frowned, knowing that it used to have Patrick’s belongings in it. She slowly closed it and moved to sit on her bed when her door creaked open, revealing Ashley, a curious expression on her features.

“Ali,” she called and offered a smile to Ali’s saddened look. “What’s up?” she asked. Ali shrugged and pushed her hair behind her ear.

“I’m just in a small rut, but I’ll get out of it, don’t worry,” Ashley looked at her suspiciously at first but then nodded before jumping slightly, as if she remembered something. “What?”

“Izzy wants to have a girl’s night out,” Ashley paused as Ali shot her eyebrows up. “I mean, ever since the guys moved in, we haven’t able to have a night to ourselves and have some girl fun,” Ali laughed at her friend before nodding.

“What are we going to do?” Ashley rolled her eyes.

“Get wasted of course,” she shook her head in laughter for a moment. “Well, we are going to the sushi bar, and then to the club,” Ali nodded and observed her door as it moved open again, Patrick looking very sheepish as he did. He gulped and avoided eye contact with Ali, and moved across the room silently, Ashley raising her eyebrow at Ali. Patrick grabbed his guitar case and gulped as he came under the stare of both girls, silently questioning his moves. He paused at the doorway, but disappeared just as quickly as he appeared. Ashley looked to Ali.

“What the hell?” she whispered. Ali sighed out and waved her hand in front of her face.
“I’ll explain it later,” she mumbled. Ashley looked at her friend for the longest time but left it at that before leaving her room and venturing down into her own. Ali stood up and exited her own room after her but widened her eyes as she heard a shout from down the hall and finding Izzy already leaping out of her bedroom, the two walked towards Ashley’s room where they found the door locked. So, being the greatest friends in the world, they leaned their heads to the wood and listened in.

"Joe, it's not long enough! I'm not going to be happy if it's not longer."

Ali looked bewilderedly at Izzy and the two shrugged at each other as Ashley spoke.

Please, it’s long enough, besides, it’s not about the length, it’s about what you do with it!”

Ali tore away and pulled on Izzy’s arm but found herself being pulled back to the door. She rolled her eyes and looked at Izzy’s concentrating face before pushing her ear to the door again.

Ha! You wish,” shuffling was heard. “What’s wrong, Joe? Is it too hard to do?”

Izzy sniggered slightly but Ali hushed her with a glare. Joe whined out afterwards and Ali felt her own smile appearing.

I just can’t get it right, Ashley, you’re better at this than I am…I can’t help it,”

Izzy and Ali shared a laugh at this, and upon hearing a very quick ‘what was that’ from the room, they ran away and hid themselves. The fun wasn’t over, though. The two had enough info to make fun of Ashley for days.

*

BONZAI!”

With a loud class, the girl’s smashed their shots together before dropping them in their beers, snapping the larger glasses to their lips for gulps, all in unison. The night had gotten off to a great start already, Izzy had used her charm (even though she was taken now) to get them a free round at the sushi bar and even scored them a discount on all-you-can eat sushi. The group had dressed up that night, knowing that showing off their assets would almost guarantee them a fun night. Jenn adjusted her top as they set their drinks down and sighed, looking over at Ali who still seemed slightly upset from this morning.

“Ok, we are away from the boys, Moo,” she smirked at the use of the nickname. “What’s up with you?” Ali rolled her eyes and sipped on her drink for a moment before realizing she couldn’t escape this time and succumbed to the many stares of her girls.

“Ok, so Patrick and I got hot and heavy last night but he stopped it before anything happened,” she spoke, rather quickly. Izzy raised her eyebrow.

“Like, how close did you get?” she questioned. Ali shook her head, uncomfortable.

“We were barely making out and… well, my dress was off, but that’s it,”

The girls all shared a look before looking back at a saddened Ali. Ashley put her hand on her shoulder and caught her eyes.

“Were you drunk?” she asked bluntly. Ali pulled a face before shaking her head even more.

“No, and frankly, I don’t think he was either, so I’m pretty much convinced that he didn’t want it, which is confusing, considering he’s been staying in my room, in my bed, and acting like he wanted me to make the first move but maybe-”

“Shut up,” Grace mentioned and Ali glanced up at her questionably. Grace leaned over the table to place a hand over Ali’s. “You are always the one helping us out, and now I’m going to give you one piece of advice,” Ali nodded, but before Grace could continue, Jenn looked to Ali.

“Just forget about him,” Grace looked annoyed and smacked Jenn on the arm.

“That’s not what I was going to say,” Izzy threw her arms in the air slightly before placing her own hand on Ali’s shoulder.

“Listen, I really think you are the only person who seems to know what you are doing, after all, you do offer the best advice,” Ali frowned slightly, but nodded, understanding what she meant. “Sorry,”

“It’s ok,” Ali gulped but sighed again, before glancing at Ashley.

“What about you, has Joe made the move yet?” she asked, elbowing Izzy slightly. Knowing that she wanted to lighten the mood, Izzy smirked and bared an evil looking smile at Ashley as she shook her head.

“You sure about that?” Ashley raised an eyebrow and Izzy looked at Ali before laughing. “Joe! It’s not long enough!” she mocked. Ashley widened her eyes and immediately her mouth opened in shock. She leaned over Ali to smack her when Ali spoke up as well.

“It sure did sound like you were doing something this morning,”

Ashley sighed again and slumped back into her seat before shaking her head.

“It’s been almost five months and I swear he wants me to suffer,” she paused. “I don’t know what he’s waiting for,”

“Well I’ve heard of taking it slow, but Jesus,” Grace mumbled. Ashley turned to her and offered a smile.

“Anyways, enough about my sex life, or there lack of one,” she gritted her teeth together as Izzy sniggered. “I heard about what happened between you and Gabe last week,”

Grace seemed to malfunction at this moment and her eyes glazed over and instantly, Ashley regretted bringing it up.

“Grace, I-”

“No,” Grace cut her off and took a deep breath. “I need to vent, so it’s ok,” she paused again and tilted her head to the side. “Gabe and I got drunk together, and yes we had sex, but…”

“It was a mistake, huh?” Izzy prompted. Grace shrugged.

“That’s what I thought that night, but when I woke up I didn’t really have regrets, I mean…I think what happened that night kind of showed both of us that fate works in mysterious ways,” Izzy tried to hold her tongue but smirked.

“Sex helps,” she mumbled. Grace laughed at this, making the entire table relax and join in as well.

“So…” Ali trailed and Grace shrugged, brining her drink closer to her.

“I don’t know what is going to happen, but I still need to talk to him about the song…” she smiled warmly and the girls all shared another knowing look as Grace looked down at her lap bashfully. Izzy sighed out, taking another drink but was soon under the spotlight as everybody turned to her.

“What?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. Ali nudged her and twisted her lips to the side, smugly.

“Oh, you know you can’t escape us making fun of you for getting with Pete,” she spoke. Izzy rolled her eyes as the girls laughed.

“And after you claimed to hate him,” Jenn laughed and pushed back Izzy’s hair from next to her, showing off the hicky Pete had left. She raised an eyebrow and Izzy huffed before bringing her hair back over her shoulders. Ashley leaned to her over the table slightly.

“So, how was it?” she asked. Izzy creased her eyebrows together.

“What?” Grace rolled her eyes before smacking a hand to the table.

“The sex of course, come on, we’re girls, and we want to hear the details!” Izzy giggled slightly before nodding.

“Well, for starters, he knows how to use his mouth outside of running it…” The girls all belted out in laughter and as the night continued, many of them found themselves the happiest they had been in a long time, regardless of the situations they may have found themselves in. Life, was good.

*

Returning home was bittersweet. Many of the girls retreated to their rooms, but both Grace and Ali stood confused downstairs at the sight of Patrick sleeping on the pull out couch, Dirty passed out next to him, snoring. Ali looked to Grace for a moment and shrugged, before silently drifting upstairs, instantly solemn. Grace was about to follow her, but was stopped as she heard a slight cough from behind her. She leaned around the corner of the hallway and peered into the kitchen before walking over and seeing that the backdoor was open, the protective screen drawn to keep bugs out. Being curious, she pushed open the door and poked her head out into the night, only to find Gabe sitting in one of the pool chairs, reclined back and staring up at the sky, a blanket pulled over his shoulders. She shivered slightly, but decided to take her own advice and take the opportunity to talk to him.

“Gabe,” she called his name as she neared, and when she looked down at his form, found his eyebrow raised with his eyes closed. “Gabe, open your eyes,” she mumbled. He started with one and meekly smiled before opening the other and sitting up slightly as Grace sat on the edge of the chair.

“What is it, Grace?” he asked. Grace sighed out and shrugged before moving her legs so that she could lean back into the chair, knocking Gabe back as well as her head met his upper chest and shoulder. He sighed out and hesitantly wrapped his arm around her shoulder, but smiled contently as she snuggled into him.

“I’m sorry too,” she mumbled, and Gabe didn’t even need to question her, knowing what she meant. He nodded to himself and looked down at her head, moving his hand so that he could push his fingers through her hair.

“I still love you, Grace,” he whispered. Grace didn’t seem to react in a bad way, and Gabe thanked the heavens for that, sighing as she snuggled more into him.

“I still love you too, Gabe,” she muttered a moment later. The two stayed silent after that for the longest time before Grace shifted to lean up, resting one of her hands on his shoulder as she did so. Gabe looked to her and after a moment of locking their eyes together, the two moved towards each other and shared a small kiss. Smiling, Gabe pulled her to him and kissed her once more, albeit more passionately. Once finished, he looked at her questionably, but only found a bright smile upon her lips.

“Everything’s ok, right?” he asked. Grace nodded and moved to stand up, pulling on his arms to follow her back inside. She wordlessly led him upstairs and after spending a few moments getting the two of them under the warmth of her sheets, she nodded into his chest.

“Everything is perfect,”
Sign up to rate and review this story