Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not One For Love Songs

I'm Not One For Love Songs

by ohsotay23 5 reviews

*Cobra Story* Summary inside. Natalia Nichols and Gabe have a past. Wanna find out more? Just read.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-03-29 - Updated: 2009-04-05 - 1132 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, so I know that I literally just put up the last chapter for My Light Is Electric tonight. I still need to write and epilogue for that story too. But this idea just popped into my head and I tried to type some of it out. It's really just an introductory chapter, and it's really short. I'm testing it out to see if anyone at all reads it.
Reviews would be amazing! :D


Summary: Pretty self explanatory. Natalia has to work as a stripper in college to make it through nursing school. She obviously has a past and not the best life. Gabe and her went to high school together, weren't really on friendly terms. A.K.A. she hates him. She becomes a nurse and they meet up again, is it him who needs help now? That's the simple run through. :]


I'm Not One For Love Songs

Sometimes your past comes back to get you, when you least expect it to. And sometimes you don’t want it to come back, and sometimes you do. And sometimes, you’re just on the fence about the whole matter. This person should’ve stayed in my past. I don’t need him and everything he brings coming back to haunt me. I don’t need a reminder of everything I’ve gone through.

I already feel the pain enough.

2 years ago

Things never really work out how you want them to. That’s something that I’ve learned in my life. Things will usually go in a totally different direction then you want them to. And most of the time there’s nothing you can do to change that. But sometimes you can change things.

But sadly, that’s not always true. And that’s not true for me.

Some of us aren’t lucky enough to be born into loving families, wealth, nothing.
Sometimes that’s exactly what we’re born with, nothing. Some people are just dealt the wrong cards.

I was one of those kids.

But I’m not gonna whine about it. Why should I? What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Sometimes you get stuck with things that you don’t ask for. Do you think Africa asked to be AIDs infested? Do you think all Mexicans wanted to be labeled as illegal immigrants?
And do you think I asked to be a stripper so that I could pay my way through college?

No, I didn’t.

But you’ve got to do what you’ve go to do.

My names Natalia Nichols and I’m a 21 year old junior at Lansford University, and I major in nursing.

I didn’t come from the best home environment where I had an alcoholic/druggie father and a mother that packed up and left without a word when I was 11.

I had worked as a waitress/dishwasher since I was 12. My father couldn’t pay the rent by himself so I was forced to help out with rent and the bills. I was slapped around, I’ll admit it. But that is the least of my problems now. Now that I’ve finally escaped form upstate New York, to college in the city, I have to worry about paying for tuition.

Nursing school isn’t cheap, I’ll tell you that. Books range from $100-$250 and the yearly tuition at Lansford University, a very good school, is not cheap. I’m from New York and I have a partial scholarship thanks to my 3.8 GPA in high school, but that left the tuition at about $18,000 a year.

I also had to be able to pay the rent for the decent 2 bedroom apartment that I shared with my best friend Jacey Norman who had absolutely no idea what I did to make my money.

She was a music major at Lansford and planned on going into the industry as a producer or owning a record label of her own. She already had connections in the family so her future was pretty set. She also had a pretty good inheritance from her Great Uncle Norm Norman which went towards our apartment and whatever else she needed. She was pretty well off.

She was pretty much my only friend. And I pretty much lied to her everyday.

I wasn’t technically lying though because she never asked what I did. I think she figured that I bartended or waitressed or something of that sort, and that when I was out late I was with a guy, or even working maybe.

I did hostess and waitress, but that wasn’t enough.

I don’t even know how it all started. I was looking through the newspaper and I came upon and add that said “Girls needed! $400 a night guaranteed!” What do you think I did? I looked further into it.

Then I found that it was stripping. But I needed the money. To become a nurse and make $80,000 at least a year, then I needed to do what I had to do to reach that point.

The first night was the worst. It was a pretty classy place, for a strip joint that is. But I wasn’t the skinniest girl there. Which isn’t saying a lot because they were all sacks of bones crack whores. I did what I had to though. That first night I made $517. I was hooked after that.

Some nights I made more than that, some night I made less. But I was able to pay for school and I was able to live middle class.

I had a routine. I would waitress Tuesday- Saturday from 9:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M. Then Thursday-Sunday I would work at Sal’s Strip Club form 11:00 P.M.- 3:00 A.M. when they closed.

I also had 5 classes a week and studying to do, but I handled it all and kept my grades in the A/B range.

I was determined to get somewhere in life besides Sal’s. I knew that there was more out there for me in that. That’s what I kept in my mind those 4 years of college.

But then Junior year, that all changed. Something happened that made me question everything. Or shall we say, someone?

He looked the same as the last time I’d seen him, only older. And not in the bad way, just more mature.

His name was Gabe.

I’d went to high school with him. I’d forgotten about his mere existence until he walked into Sal’s one night. And his eyes immediately met with mine.

I refused to look away.

I never expected it. I never expected him. I didn’t even remember his existence, until I saw him again that is.

Until he headed my way.
Sign up to rate and review this story