Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter versus Predator

The Unseen Witness

by Quillian 1 review

What if the Boy Who Lived were matched against one of the most fearful hunters in the galaxy?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-16 - Updated: 2005-05-16 - 2007 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: I don't Harry Potter or Predator or either universe that they belong to; I'm just pitting the two of them against each other for the fun of it and for the entertainment of everyone else who reads this story.

A/N: This is an idea I've been dwelling on for a while, so here we go! (Also, I realize this IS a funky crossover, but hey, when is fanfiction not written for the heck of it?)

/IMPORTANT!!!/ Just so there's no confusion, I started writing this before I saw the "Aliens Vs. Predator" movie, so there will be no live Alien appearances; my Predator knowledge is based mainly on the two movies and my "Aliens Vs. Predator 2" computer game.

This fic is dedicated to VegaSailor, for being one of my more devout fans, whom I've worked with a lot on both this fic and hers, "Harry Potter and the Alien Hive"! (It's an HP/AVP crossover, for those of you who are interested.)

/Harry Potter Versus Predator/

By Quillian

(Formerly named Kraeg001)

SUMMARY: Towards the end of Harry Potter's seventh year at Hogwarts, he killed Voldemort and fulfilled the prophecy. However, he was watched by a Predator, a member of the species of aliens which traverse the galaxy for the thrill of the hunt. Less than a year later, while Harry's an Auror-in-training, the Predator returns for the chance to take on our magical hero...

CHAPTER 1: The Unseen Witness

On May 22, 1998, wizarding history saw something to be remembered for countless generations to come.

Harry Potter finally defeated the Dark wizard who called himself Voldemort.

The self-proclaimed Dark Lord assembled a vast array of Dark and/or disliked creatures to attack Hogwarts school and the town of Hogsmeade with one goal in mind: To destroy and overrun the school of magic. This plan also included killing Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter.

It was a tough battle with casualties on both sides, but after more than an hour of combat, the Light Side got its lucky break. Dumbledore used powerful magic to plow his way through the oncoming onslaught of Dark creatures, and seizing his chance, Harry launched a blazing spell of powerful Light magic which obliterated Voldemort.

Several dozen Aurors and allied creatures lost their lives to defend the castle, which sustained relatively little damage. However, it was well worth the price of victory, and these fallen heroes would be remembered for all time.

Little did any of them suspect that one creature of another species was watching the final battle, invisible and undetected. However, this creature was neither magical nor Earth-born.

He was a Predator...

At the present...

A week before, a Predator traveling vessel sailed through space from beyond and slipped unseen onto the third planet from the star Sol. It was a typical Predator hunting trip, and word spread throughout the species of alien hunters about this planet which had six billion civilized inhabitants, several of which that fought each other for what ever reasons in their battles and wars. Earth was a variable playground for Predators.

This particular Predator spacecraft, the StarHawk, would be on Earth for a week, with each clan member in a different part of the world. One clanmate chose to explore the arid, oil-rich deserts of the Middle East, which was a literal hotbed for a certain group of religious radicals. Another chose the muggy jungles of the Amazon (where one Predator was reported to have died several years before), where criminals grew contraband drugs for profit. However, the youngest and newest member of the clan decided to venture up towards the British Isles after using the ship's computers to detect massive and unusual energy sources.

One young Predator named Ka'link (also known by his clan name, "Quick Blade"), as he was called by the rest of his clan, had joined only months before. He underwent learning and training and rituals before joining, and he memorized the Predator code of honor. It had several important rules, such as not using your opponents' weapons (which would dishonor yourself), accepting surrender when your quarry quit, etc. Predators loved to hunt the biggest, strongest, and nastiest creatures they could find throughout the universe. As one ancient hunter put it, Predators needed the following things to survive: Food, water, air, clothing, shelter, and hunting.

Unseen, the StarHawk dropped him off in a nation called Scotland, near the battle that was going on. What awaited Ka'link was a battle the likes of which he had never seen.

Between the wreckage of a town and a gigantic castle were a multitude of magical creatures fought each other. Defending the castle where humans, merfolk, gigantic spiders, and even a few dragons. Attacking were humans (dressed in black robes with white masks), giants, and black things which spread miserable powers and sucked out the souls of their victims when given the chance.

The strangest thing of all were how these people belonged to a culture that seemed separate from other human cultures on Earth. Whereas most of Earth's population used technology and electricity, those rules didn't seem to apply these people. Instead, they used extraordinary powers, mainly with the help of thin rods that they held in their hands (which explained the unusual power surges which Ka'link had detected from the ship).

All in all, this was beyond a Predator's wildest fantasies.

Using his telescopic vision from the mountain he was on, Ka'link saw a source or center of control to the attacking side. He was a cloaked black figure, but from here, the young Predator could see a gaunt, skull-like white head with a snake-like face and glowing red cat-like eyes. Something about this strange figure utterly repulsed Ka'link, but he kept watching.

In a chilling, icy voice, this demonic figure proclaimed, "Will you accept your new leader, the great wizard Lord Voldemort? Or will I have to let my Death Eaters, dementors and giants finish you off?"

Voldemort? Dementors? Wizards? Magic? This all seemed so surreal and yet so tempting to Ka'link. He was able to differentiate between the different species rather quickly, and then he witnessed something he would never forget.

Another human used powerful magic to force his way through the opposing ranks. This human was, from the looks of it, very old, especially with his silvery white hair, crooked nose, and wrinkled face. However, this particular human exuded some sort of strength and force, the likes of which Ka'link could not describe.

"It ends here and now, Tom," the old man said calmly. The wizard called Voldemort recoiled at the name, but as quick as a flash, the old man trapped the Dark wizard in a cage of light. Voldemort was unable to move, but his enemy fended off the attacks of Dark creatures. In the shifting seas of battle, someone else was able to come forward.

To Ka'link, he looked like a young adult, barely a man. His black hair stuck up all over the place, he wore visual aids that humans called "glasses," and he had bright green eyes which made Ka'link think of Predator blood. Using his telescopic function, the Predator could also see a thin scar on the young man's face, which looked like a bolt of lightning.

'A battle scar, perhaps?' Ka'link thought curiously.

"Professor Dumbledore!" he called out to the old man.

"Use the spell, Harry, now!" the man called Dumbledore shouted to the boy named Harry.

Suddenly, Voldemort broke free of the light-cage, and pointing his wand at Harry, and shouted, "You've finally met your end, Potter! Avada/ Kedavra!/"

There was a rushing sound and a flash of green light, but neither Dumbledore nor Harry Potter were hit by it. Instead, it killed a nearby Death Eater who accidentally got in the way.

Voldemort growled with anger, but Harry shouted, "What wretched aim you have! My turn!"

"Are you really going to use an Unforgivable Curse, Potter?" Voldemort taunted his younger nemesis. "The Killing Curse, of all things? I thought you were more noble and honorable than that!"

Harry had an evil grin on his face now. "Not the way you use it, Voldemort. It's the intent that matters."

Ka'link's mind was reeling now. Magic based on intent? Even old Predator tales and myths of magic and such didn't even come close to all of this.

Another Death Eater stepped forward, this one female, from the looks of it, and she mocked, "Aw, little wee Potter thinks he knows everything? CRUCIO!"

Harry dodged a narrow streak of red light, which hit yet another Death Eater, who promptly fell on the ground, screaming and writhing with pain. Aiming his wand at the female Death Eater, Harry shouted, "You're finished too, Bellatrix Lestrange! This is for Sirius! Avada/ Kedavra!/"

While this was the same incantation for the Killing Curse, as Voldemort called it, Harry used a different intention and wand movement, which had entirely different results.

A strange, vibrating hum resonated in the air as a flashing jet of red light made contact with Bellatrix.Lestrange. She fell to the ground, dead.

Voldemort had something close to fear on his face now, almost looking weak and pathetic, in Ka'ink's eyes. All of the Dark creatures around them looked fearful too, and unwilling to fight. Now aiming his wand at Voldemort, he said, "Go to hell, Riddle, and take all your friends with you! Avada/ Kedavra!/"

With a last scream of protest and pain, Voldemort slumped to the ground dead as the altered Killing Curse hit him too.

For a moment, there was a strange lack of sound as everything quieted down. Then, the Death Eaters screamed in pain, clutching spots on their lower left arms. Steam started rising from those spots, and fires grew out of control, causing the Death Eaters to fall to the ground, dying.

There were now strange vibrations in the ground, coming from Voldemort's body. Harry and Dumbledore looked to escape, but their means of escape found them. In a flash of fire, a magnificent red-and-gold bird appeared, singing eerie songs which actually made Quick Blade shiver a little.

"Get us out of here, Fawkes!" Dumbledore shouted. Fawkes complied with a whistle, and after grabbing both wizards with his golden talons, the phoenix disappeared with both of them in another flash of fire.

No sooner than they left than did the dead body grow a sickly green, which radiated throughout the battlefield. The dementors got up to swoop away, but the magical radiation caught up with them, causing them to drop from the sky like dead birds, just as dead. Other Dark creatures suffered similar effects.

Farther away at Hogwarts, Ka'link saw, the two men and the magical bird reappeared to be greeted with much praise and enthusiasm.

There wasn't much more for Ka'link to watch, so he called his ship using his personal beacon. The ship hovered overhead, cloaked just like he was in order to remain invisible to these other people; Ka'link was just as able to see it using his PredTech vision. As Ka'link climbed into it, his eyes remained on the human called Harry Potter.

This would take a lot of planning if Ka'link wanted to fight him.

(End of Chapter 1.)

A/N: So, what do you guys think? Is this good? Should I also put it under the Predator section at fanfiction(dot)net?
Note regarding the things about other Predators dying on Earth: This is a reference to the first Predator movie.

Note about the Predator technology: I have the computer game "Aliens Vs. Predator 2," so I'm using the technology I'm familiar with in that.

NEXT CHAPTER: The First Deaths

Fudge, Umbridge, and a lot of other people you hate get what they deserve, but at the hands of someone, or something, that no one knows about...
Sign up to rate and review this story