Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter versus Predator

The First Deaths

by Quillian 2 reviews

Yet another horrendous fate for some certain Ministry morons...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-05-16 - Updated: 2005-05-16 - 3036 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: I didn't see the "Aliens Vs. Predator" movie yet, though I will soon!

Anyway, this chapter is where the Ministry morons you hated from OotP get theirs!

CHAPTER 2: The First Deaths

As the entire wizarding world all over the planet Earth was celebrating Voldemort's definite downfall, a group of people (other than the remaining Death Eaters and other Dark allies) were in bitterness and resentment: The "Ministry Exiles."

This group, as they had so righteously called themselves, were the corrupt Ministry officials who denied Voldemort's return for a year, just to make their jobs as easy as they wanted them to be. At least they got to enjoy their jobs during that year, because after that, they were out of those said jobs.

The summer immediately after Voldemort's return had been socially explosive. Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, and a multitude of other students and professors revealed the atrocities of Cornelius Fudge, Dolores Umbridge, and their greedy associates. The Quibbler had printed a double-size issue of all these accounts. On his part, Harry Potter revealed the use of Umbridge's illegal quill used on himself and several other students in detention, her confession to the dementor attack and the attempted use of the Cruciatus Curse. The parents of the students would have gone after Umbridge themselves if she hadn't suddenly vanished afterwards. After collecting photographic evidence of the students' hands, Dumbledore had Fawkes the phoenix use his tears to heal the scars left by that nasty quill. Harry also got additional sympathy about his unjust Quidditch ban, because from the looks of things, Umbridge was trying to make him miserable any way possible for her own gloating pleasure.

Speaking of which, Fudge was cooked (the pun sometimes intended, sometimes not). Harry unloaded with the details about the mockery of a trial with his use of underage magic, which was a Ministry-made excuse to try to get him expelled as quickly as possible. Arthur Weasley, who had escorted him that day, talked about the change of time with the owl, and commented with wit, "They sent an owl about the change in time? It must have been one really slow owl." That was only the tip of the iceberg: Every last horrible mistake of Fudge's that had led to more problems was thrown at him like a relentless bombardment of missiles against a fortress.

Peter Pettigrew, a.k.a. Wormtail, had been found and captured after Lucius Malfoy had been questioned. The wizarding world was in shock to learn that Pettigrew was the Potters' Secret-Keeper and that Sirius Black was innocent. Once this was backed up with testimonies from Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Remus Lupin about their encounter in the Shrieking Shack, Pettigrew's fate was sealed and he was put in Azkaban for life, much to Fudge's stubborn anger and disappointment, since he tried to prevent it from happening.

Once Sirius Black was bought up, Harry told about the fight in the Department of Mysteries (which was censored and revised from Dumbledore to protect certain information), and how Sirius died. Once he got to the part about Sirius falling beyond the veil, he was so choked up that he couldn't talk anymore, which brought him sympathetic looks from the crowd at the press conference. By then, it was decided that Pettigrew's Order of Merlin, First Class, would be repealed and that Sirius Black would receive it instead.

The topic of Harry's ill-fated godfather also brought up more stuff that made the Ministry look even worse: How Sturgis Podmore was framed and how Unspeakable Broderick Bode was killed. That made three people needlessly imprisoned, injured and/or murdered because of recklessness on behalf of the Ministry of Magic.

The pendulum had finally swung. Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore and their followers were the role models, and most of the Ministry were made to be the evil people (Harry and company spared supportive members like Amelia Bones, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks and Arthur Weasley, so they wouldn't get caught in the same vile brush as their corrupt fellow "workers," who in reality, probably hardly worked at all).

Fudge resigned from office in quite a hurry one day towards the end of August of that year. Had he stayed in his beloved office just another day, he would have found himself impeached and removed from it. He wasn't the only one: More than a dozen Ministry workers from various departments (including some more corrupt people on the Wizengamot) had resigned within 24 hours of Fudge himself. They were practically never seen in public again after that.

Fudge, Umbridge and the others called themselves "The Ministry Exiles," because that is what they felt themselves to be. They secretly lived in hiding, in lives of comparative luxury. However, without the jobs they once had and without benefactors like the now-imprisoned Lucius Malfoy, they had to draw upon whatever wealth they gained during their time at the Ministry of Magic.

For the last two years (which were the same last two years of Harry's education at Hogwarts), they remained underground and exceedingly difficult to find, relatively neutral in the Second War.

However, they were still bitter. They still had more than enough money to be reasonably well off for life; it was just less than they were used to. Like all men (and women) of power, all they wanted was more power.

At the present...//

A few days after Voldemort's downfall (those few days practically being packed with nonstop victory partying), a special ceremony at Hogwarts was held in which the new Minister of Magic, Arthur Weasley, awarded Harry Potter the Order of Merlin, First Class. The Quidditch pitch was packed as Mr. Weasley and his surrogate son stood upon a podium erected on the pitch. As Mr. Weasley draped the velvet line around Harry's neck (the golden medallion was hanging on the end), the onlookers cheered so hard that half of the animals in the Forbidden Forest were scared out of their wits.

Of course, the young Predator known as Ka'link was looking on, technologically cloaked atop the Astronomy Tower of the castle itself. He still wanted to watch this young man, and make sure that he was still a worthy opponent after the final duel with the one called Voldemort. Quick Blade didn't want to fight someone whose strengths and abilities simply went to seed after their greatest challenge to date.

In the meantime, the Predator had been studying the articles from a span of several years, once he had stolen them from their archives and ran them through his ship's computer. It also had a function to translate the various human languages into the language of the Predators themselves; this way, once he had gotten past the media's often wild accounts of things, he was able to see this youth's accomplishments.

Harry Potter, during his education at the school of magic, had: Protected some extremely valuable object called the Philosopher's Stone (or in some places, called the Sorcerer's Stone), killed a mighty monster called a basilisk, conjured a difficult and complex magical guardian called a Patronus while still at a prepubescent age for humans, stole an egg from a nasty breed of dragon, competed in something called the Triwizard Tournament, and had faced Voldemort at least six different times.

And that was only the relatively short list.

Ka'link also discovered the source of Harry's scar: When Voldemort tried to kill Harry when the latter was only a year old (and, of course, failed while trying to do so).

Ka'link's attention then turned to several dark and cloaked figures making their way to the Quidditch pitch, wands clutched in their hands and obviously intent on raising hell.

The Predator then activated his Plasmacaster and sent a somewhat powerful blast right in front of the cloaked figures, which frightened them and caused them to run away.

Suddenly, in the stands, someone was pointing to where the energy blast had originated, which had also uncloaked the Predator, since he used his Plasmacaster. Thinking fast, Ka'link cloaked himself again and took off in pursuit of the would-be hell raisers.

Before these suspicious characters disappeared into the woods, the Predator fired a tracking device at them, which accurately hit their leader.

Ka'link smiled to himself (or at least what passed for a smile among Predators); these people, whoever they were, would be a good warm-up exercise...

Later on...

Ka'link followed them back to a small castle. He did a small Predator smirk; interestingly, the rules of magic that were used to fool human "Muggles" had practically no effect on Predators whatsoever. So, he basically walked right in through the front door whilst cloaked.

He found what he recognized from those wizarding media outlets as those corrupt government officials, led by Fudge and Umbridge. He instantly hated these people, who slandered and tortured the next generation of their society, including Harry Potter. Such abuse was not tolerated among Predators, as aggressive and combatant as they could be a good deal of the time.

Strange, Ka'link mused to himself, how he could almost sympathize with this Potter boy.

Almost.

Anyway, the young Predator followed them into the cavernous kitchen, where they met up with the rest of the "Ministry Exiles," which were about a couple of dozen other men and women.

Umbridge cleared her voice with her annoying "Hem hem" (which somehow managed to grate on Ka'link's nerves immensely and want to simply throw caution into the winds and kill her right then and there), Umbridge rambled on about something in her high-pitched, girlish voice while waving her wicked quill in her left hand.

Taking out his disc and switching to Thermal Vision to lock onto Umbridge, Ka'link aimed for her head and thought cleverly to himself, 'Let the games begin.'

Umbridge was just saying the finishing line to her sadistic speech about discipline: "...and, I feel that, of course, the best lessons for punishment can only be learned through pain and blood."

And then it happened.

Zzzing//!

In a flash, the disc sliced neatly through her wrist and embedded itself in the wall opposite. Her hand fell to the floor, still clutching the black quill.

She could only stare at the bleeding stump of her wrist before letting out an earsplitting shriek of pain (Ka'link could have sworn it momentarily rattled his headgear), causing everyone to panic. Suddenly spying Ka'link, Percy pointed to him and said, "Merlin's beard, what IS that thing!?"

Everyone turned to look at the Predator, since using his disc uncloaked him just like the Plasmacaster did when used. Fudge took out his wand and shouted, "Crucio!"

Ka'link screamed in pain, thinking, 'You misbegotten spawn of a bitch, I'll save you for last...'

The spell stopped as Ka'link's mask fell off from the convulsing in pain; apparently, Fudge stopped using the Cruciatus Curse to get a better look. The rest could only look on in revulsion as they saw him, completely unmasked.

Now nursing her bleeding stump with some cloth, Umbridge breathed, "What in blazes are you?" Then more indignantly, she yelled, "Do you even know who I am!?"

While bending down to pick up his mask, Ka'link thought that was a tad rich, coming from an ugly, squat, toad-faced woman. Facing her again, Predator heard something that he heard once before, passed on by some Predators who had heard the following phrase from some humans.

In his rough Predator voice speaking human English, Ka'link growled, "You're one ugly motherfucker."

Umbridge's eyes bulged with indignation, but before she could respond, she suddenly saw three red dots glowing on her abdomen in the shape of a triangle. Then there was a flash of blue light and an explosion of pain, and she felt herself fall face forward before blacking out forever.

After Umbridge's death...//

As Umbridge slumped forward, dead, pandemonium broke out as the other witches and wizards went for their wands. After Ka'link used his gear to retrieve his disk, and while taking out his Netgun, he cloaked himself again. Percy Weasley fired a Stunner to where he last saw the Predator, but while crouching, Ka'link dodged it and fired a net, which left Percy incapacitated against the wall, his wand lying near his toes. Ignoring the redhead, Ka'link tackled his other foes, now wildly throwing curses (mostly Unforgivables) all over the place.

Ka'link earned his clan-name for two reasons: He was quick with his own body to begin with, and he was quick with his bladed objects (more specifically, his wristblades and his combistick). He dodged them all, and a few other people ended up dead, and some others in pain as the spells all went haywire. Taking out his combistick, he basically eviscerated the people closest to him. After the smarter witches and wizards figured out to use this to determine where he was, Ka'link quickly came up with a new plan.

Running to the opposite side of the room, he charged up his Plasmacaster, and with a few well-aimed blasts, blew away his remaining opponents. Out of the corner of his eye, Ka'link could see Fudge getting away through another door. After recharging his equipment using his Energy Sift, he was about to pursue the leader of the group when he heard some whimpering noises from behind him. Somebody was still alive.

Turning around, the Predator saw Percy Weasley, still trapped against the wall, and also quite drained and weak after being in the wash of one or two of those highly charged Plasmacaster blasts. Ka'link could also see his wand on the floor right near him. With a sinister hissing sound, Ka'link cut Percy loose with his wristblades. Then, after taking out his Speargun and activating his cloaking again, he went after Fudge.

Meanwhile...

Fudge was fleeing from room to room, finally coming to his ultra-secure bedroom. He couldn't die today; he was too rich, too powerful and too ambitious to die!

As moments passed and nothing could be heard, Fudge was starting to calm down.

Suddenly, the door broke down, and Fudge curled himself into a ball on his elaborate four-poster bed, whimpering pitifully.

As countless more moments passed and nothing else could be heard, Fudge was trying desperately to calm himself down.

He then said out loud to himself, "Relax, Cornelius, you mustn't lose your head now."

No sooner than those words had escaped his mouth than did a spear launch itself at Fudge's head, striking the forehead and ripping the entire head off the neck, effectively nailing it to the headboard of the bed itself.

(End of Chapter 2.)

A/N: So, how did you guys enjoy this?

Note about that wicked quill: While this story isn't related to my other big story, "The Heir of Gryffindor," I did the same thing as in that, with taking photographic evidence and using Fawkes to heal the scars. I also seem to be the only author on fanfiction(dot)net to do anything about those nasty scars. The number of 6th year fics has surprisingly few stories where Umbridge is punished (including my other story and this one). Anyone else notice this?

Ironically, I try to mention that wicked quill as little as possible in any of my stories, because I can't stand what happened. More than a year has passed since OotP came out, and I still can't figure out why J.K. Rowling would do that to her own hero. Whenever I occasionally reread that book, I deliberately skip chapter 13 because it makes my stomach turn. Just imagining it makes me want to retch. I wonder how they'll tackle that issue in the fifth movie, when it eventually comes out. Any thoughts from the readers?

Note about the Quidditch ban: This is most likely why that law about banning students from whatever activities was passed; so Umbridge could "punish" Harry for telling everyone that Voldemort was back.

Note about Fudge's well-deserved trouble: I WAS going to sufficiently bash and punish Fudge in "The Heir of Gryffindor," except I decided at the last moment not to, because a remorseful, apologetic, and second chance-given Fudge worked better with my story line. As you can see, I'm making up for it here in this particular story (wink wink!).

Note about the thing with powerful people wanting more power: This last sentence in particular was paraphrased from something the Oracle said in "The Matrix Reloaded," when she's talking to Neo about the Frenchman, Merovingian. She actually has a valid point there, don't you think?

Speaking of which, if you want to see something truly hysterical, go to www(dot)ebaumsworld(dot)com. Go the video section, then go the thing for the funny clips. On Page 1 of those, you should see something called "Fart Within The Matrix." It's kind of childish, but it's certainly as funny as hell (and no, it's not as gross as you might think)!

Note about the Stone's names: Yes, I'm American, so I know the first book mainly as the Sorcerer's Stone.

Note about the Plasmacaster: I'm using the details I picked up from my "Aliens Vs. Predator 2" game, which includes this. The Plasmacaster is the cannon on a Predator's shoulder.

Note about Umbridge's cut off hand: Notice that her left hand is cut off; the symbolism is in there, because often in history and cultures, left is evil and right is good. Clever, eh?

Note about the mother-effer comment: LMAO! I couldn't resist putting this in, LOL!

Also, ain't this ironic how the students get those words cut into their own hands and Umbridge gets her hand cut off altogether? All together now... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NEXT CHAPTER: Aftermath of the Slaughter

Harry's first summer after Hogwarts, which includes a perplexed Percy's account of things.
Sign up to rate and review this story