Categories > Anime/Manga > Mai HiME

Caught in the Web

by sbemail 0 reviews

He had no idea how he fell in love with her. He didn't even know when or where. But none of that even mattered to him anymore. All that mattered was that he had fallen in love with a woman who m...

Category: Mai HiME - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-04-16 - Updated: 2009-04-16 - 2203 words

0Unrated
Haldo! If you remember me, then welcome back to my stories. If not (most likely not), then here is my first story (that I'm not taking down, hopefully). This is a novel-esque romance featuring an, as of yet, unheard of pairing. If you want to know what it is, then READ. If you don't then screw you.



Caught in the Web

A My-HiME fanfic by sbemail

Prologue: Intro to a Midwinters Romance

Started on Sept. 13, 2008

Finished by Oct. 21, 2008




In the girl’s dorm at Fukka Academy, in Fukka, Japan, two lone figures stood outside of room 213. This room belonged to ahigh-school girl called Mai Tokiha, and her room-mate Mikoto Minagi. One of the figures that stood outside was an averaged height, thin boy with dirty brown hair, blue eyes, and otherwise feminine facial features. This boy’s name was Takumi Tokiha, Mai’s younger brother.

He was trying to prepare himself with a confrontation he knew he would have to go through with for ages, but never wanted to. He kept trying to put it off, and found it was becoming increasingly harder. He just /had/to tell his sister something, but he feared how she would react.

His fear wasn’t unjust however, Mai had always been over-protective of him, ever since the death of their mother. She died when they were very young, and Takumi had fallen into a river they lived close to. His mother jumped into the river to save him, and died a bit later. The struggle of trying to stay afloat in rapids had an effect on Takumi to, and he suffered from a weak heart from then on. It wasn’t until later into his first year at Fukka Academy that he went to America to receive a heart transplant.

All throughout that time, Mai had been juggling between school, taking care of Takumi, and a part-time job to support the both of them. After the transplant, Takumi began become more independent, which made Mai very depressed. Thankfully, Mai was the sole guardian of Mikoto who, despite being in her first year in high-school, always acted like a little girl.

So now that Takumi didn’t depend on his sister anymore, he began to find a love-interest in his room-mate, Akira Okuzaki. This isn’t how it sounded, because Akira was actually a girl that pretended to be a guy at the command of the ninja clan that she raised her. When Mai heard about this she was a little bit angry, but eventually she warmed up to the idea, even to the point of going to great lengths to keep the two together (even Takumi had to admit that she could get annoying at times). After a while, the relationship deteriorated, and Takumi found a new, albeit unexpected, love interest. This was the girl that stood next to him.

Nao Yuuki.

She was also the very thing Takumi needed to speak to his sister about. He was in love with her, and he knew Mai would be furious about that. Put quite simply, Mai didn’t like Nao. Actually, to say that would be an understatement; Mai hated Nao with every fiber of her being. Nao was sort of special in that area, because Mai didn’t hate anyone else. Other people she could at least be civil towards, but this wasn’t the case for Nao. She brought out the worst in Mai. Nao was also special because she didn’t like Mai. Everyone liked Mai, she was the kind of nice, caring person that everyone could get along with. Inversely, this was exactly way Nao disliked Mai. She always thought of Mai as a goody-two shoes with an ego as big as her chest.

Nao had always been a realist, as she called it. It wasn’t that she was mean, per say, it’s just that she was a firm believer in the “eye-for-an-eye, and tooth-for-a-tooth” rule, and spent most of her life trying to take revenge on the “unfair” world. You see, her mother was attacked a while ago by a couple of perverts that tried to rape her. Because of this, she was sent into a coma with no estimate of when she would return. Nao instantly grew a hatred towards men, and took revenge on them by luring unsuspecting men into privacy under the guise of a child-prostitute. While they were the most vulnerable, she tied them up, robbed them, and left them in the alley. After opening up to the students at Fukka Academy, she stopped attacking men, but her views on life stayed the same. This would make you wonder why she would fall for Takumi, who was the exact opposite of her, and the brother of her greatest enemy.

But she did fall for him, and now they were standing outside of room 213, about to break the news to Mai. Needless to say, Takumi was terrified. He tried with all his mind to imagine what he could possibly say to keep his older-sister from going on a rampage (which he wouldn’t put past her).

As he tried to brace himself, he remembered what Akira had told him earlier, “If she really loves you, she’ll accept it no matter what.” Those words seemed very distant now that he was actually about to find out if she was right. In the midst of his fear he felt an arm drape across his shoulders, and looked up into the face of his lover.

Sometimes Takumi would look into Nao’s eyes and fall in love all over again. Sometimes he would look into her eyes justto fall in love again. That was just how beautiful she was to him with her shoulder-length red-hair, and emerald eyes that always seem to have a mischievous glint in them. Her entire being had that whole feel of being mischievous. This was one of the things Takumi liked most about her. As well as one of the things Mai /disliked/about her.

When Takumi looked up into her face, his fear started to ebb away. “Ready, Tokiha-kun?” She always called him that even though it annoyed him.

“Yeah,” he answered half-heartedly, “I’m just a little nervous is all.”

“Don’t worry,” she said mischievously, “If Tokiha tries anything funny, I’ll easily take care of her.”

This didn’t help at all. “Actually, I think it’d be best if I handled it.”

“Aww,” Nao pouted, “But I wanted to handle it. You know how good I am at handling things.”

“Maybe. But I would very much like it if Onee-chanstill had her head on when we’re done.”

“You make me sound so /mean/, Tokiha-kun.” She replied in a mock whine, and pulling Takumi into a seductive embrace with her lips just millimeters from his. She always did that when she wanted something, and it always worked. Not this time though, this time Takumi had pledged to take /full/control over the situation.

“I know what you're trying to do Nao-chan, but it won't work this time,” he said.

Defeated, Nao pulled away, and crossed her arms saying, “You can't blame me for trying.”

--

Inside the room, Mai was busy cooking a large pot of ramen for dinner, and making something for herself. After boiling a while, she left it to simmer on the oven, and went to look out the window.

Her physical traits weren't exactly normal for a high-school girl. Her shoulder-length hair was a fiery orange color that perfectly matched her sparkling violet eyes. Her cream colored skin was covered by awhite sweater with a zig-zagging red line across her stomach, and apair of denim jeans. The slightly abnormal part about her was her chest which was much bigger than anyone else in her class. These“assets,” while good for ensnaring boys, sucked for doing athletic stuff, which was why she wasn't into any sports. She /was/, however, very popular, and had many admirers. In addition to roving fans, she also had many close friends, two of whom she was watching through the frosty window into the icy winter landscape of the Fukka school grounds. She saw one of her closest friends, Natsuki Kuga, talking to the Student Body President, Shizuru Fujino, who Natsuki had always been close with. Just then, Mai saw her get hit by asnowball that was thrown by Natsuki's younger (half-)sister, Alyssa Searrs. That innocent joke became an all-out snow-brawl, which Mai was very glad she wasn't in. This would keep her out of the way of Natsuki's over-competitiveness. Pretty soon Mikoto, who was just passing by, joined in the fun.

Mai just couldn't help but laugh as continuously got hit by snowball after snowball. Mai had always admired Mikoto's aim and, well, everything sport she was good at, which was literally every sport. Her looks deceived her abilities. Mikoto had spiky, jet-black hair that was short, save for to braids that used to go down to her shoulders, but now reached the small of her back. Her eyes were agolden color and resembled those of a fierce jungle cat (which Mikoto has often been compared with). Her body was incredibly petite, despite all the physical activity she does, and looked like a young boy, except with very slight feminine curves that only Mai has been able to notice because she spends most of her time with her.

Natsuki, on the other hand, was the very opposite. She had long blue hair and emerald eyes, that was on a face often adorned with a blush. Her body was incredibly feminine, a blessing that almost got her in trouble one time, which meant that a lot of boy's had crushes on her. Before she started making so many friends, she had been a loner and had earned the nickname “Ice Princess.” Then she started making more and more friends. First Shizuru, then Mai, then Mikoto, then so many people that she had to work hard to find herself some alone time. Then she and Alyssa made the discovery that they shared the same father, and became almost inseparable.

Alyssa was an American girl at the age of 12 who was well known among the students of Fukka. Mainly because of her beautiful singing voice which had earned her the nickname “The Golden Angel.” She had golden-blonde hair that reached her shoulders and was often worn in spikes the hung down. She had sapphire-eyes that sparkled with amusement at everything around her. The best way to describe her body was that it looked like a doll's, with the black dress that she often wore. One of the most noticeable things about her appearance is that she is shorter than everyone else in her grade, and that she isn't growing at all. Doctors say this is because her foster-father was the head of a major science corporation that had performed experiments on her when she was much younger. Thankfully, she had moved away from her father when she went to Fukka Academy with her teenage guardian Miyu Glear, who looked like an average girl except for her incredibly pale skin. The rest of her was pretty normal, with short pale-blue hair and pink eyes, other than her closed personality. The only person she's ever shown emotion around was Alyssa who she loved much more than a friend. Alyssa was more like a daughter, even though Miyu was technically her servant (Miyu even called Alyssa Ojou-sama).

Finally, there's Shizuru Fujino. She had a very voluptuous body which had made a lot of guys fall for her. She also had long chestnut hair that fall close to her feminine waist, and seductive crimson eyes. Afavorite pastime of hers was teasing others, and she was very good at it. Other than that she was a really nice person and a good friend who even was intentionally held back just to be with her friends.

Of course, she could also be ruthless if she wanted to, which is something that Alyssa and Miyu were firsthand experiancing (Of course, no-one could be more ruthless than Miyu who was even more athletic than Mikoto!). Mai just happily sighed, content with watching the scene, when there was a knock on the door.




Mai quickly answered it, wondering who it could be, and saw Takumi and, much to her distaste, Nao.

“Takumi!” she said happy to see her younger brother, and noticed the serious look on his face, “What are you doing here? With /her/?” she asked, clearly showing her distaste for Nao.

“Onee-chan,” Takumi answered, praying that everything would be all right, “We need to talk.”

TBC



Yes. That's right. The pairing is Takumi/Nao. At this point I don't really know what to say, except read and review. If you have any questions please ask and I will try to answer. If you review then please try to give some constructive criticism, bearing in mind that the main reason for writing fanfiction is A: It's very enjoyable and B: I need practice for later when I plan on being a published writer. So if you don't leave CC then you are basically ruining my future! Naw, just kidding.

Maybe...
Sign up to rate and review this story