Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and Fawkes' Furture

Harry Potter and Fawkes' Furture

by Ezekiel2517 5 reviews

Fawkes doesn't like Albus' plans for Harry and decides to change things. Re edited to close a plot line, and Dan's history

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2009-04-21 - Updated: 2009-04-22 - 5782 words

5Original




Harry Potter and Fawkes' Future

Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, chances are I borrowed it from you as you have borrowed it from JKR. Enjoy.

Near Midnight Saturday October 31, 1981, Granger residence, Chelsea

Emma Granger was going crazy; no crazy was too mild, stark raving, kill husband, and run down the street naked type crazy. Her daughter Hermione had been crying all evening and it had gotten worse. Emma was an oral surgeon, four years dental school, two years medical school and she could not discover why her daughter was crying. Dan her husband, an ex officer of the Royal Navy's SBS who 'retired' after an incident in Ireland and became a dentist, was also perplexed as to what was wrong with his daughter. Hermione's cries were getting worse, her wails had Dan reaching for the phone to dial emergency when the flash of flame over Hermione's crib interrupted him with the appearance of the most beautiful bird they had ever seen.

The bird was singing the most sorrowful song the Grangers had ever heard; it was a song of death and loss. The swan like bird with red and gold feathers had a bundle of blankets in its claws; the bundle was crying the same as Hermione. As the bird lowered the bundle into Hermione's crib, the heartbreaking song was the only thing that stopped the Grangers from attacking the strange bird.

As soon as the bird released the blanket, he perched on the crib and changed his song. The new song was of love and peace, the song stopped the children's crying. The Grangers slowly approached the crib and inspected the bundle, they discovered a baby, and the baby appeared to be a boy a little younger than Hermione. The boy had raven hair and emerald green eyes and he was bleeding on his forehead.

The bleeding baby broke the Grangers out of their shock at seeing a bird appear out of thin air in a flash of flame. Dan and Emma do not have a clue as to what is going on, but they had a strange crying baby in their daughter's crib, so any thoughts on the strange bird had to wait. Emma tried to remove the child from the crib but as soon as she tried, the bird would chirp and the kids would start crying again, the haggard parent had enough of crying babies and gave up on removing the boy.

Emma smiled her first true smile of the evening, as soon as she had the little boy naked in the crib Hermione reached over and grabbed his little penis. She laughed softly as she convinced Hermione to let it go, she then cleaned the bleeding cut on his forehead and checked for other injuries. After she discovered the lightning shaped cut on his forehead was the only injury, she applied an antiseptic to the cut and a new diaper to the privates. The beautiful bird flashed out of Hermione's bedroom as Emma was still fussing over the children.

Dan found a note and a polished piece of pale wood with a handle while he investigated the blankets for the identity of the child. Dan laid the piece of wood on the bedside table as he was reading the note, and began to cry.

Emma looked from the children, who had fallen asleep holding each other's hands, and noticed her strong husband silently crying with a note held loosely in his fingertips. Emma walked to her man, led him to a chair near the dressing table, took the note from him, and read:

Dear Dan and Emma;

Our names are James and Lily Potter and we were murdered tonight. Someone we thought was a friend, Peter Pettigew betrayed us. The baby is our son Harry James Potter and he was the target of tonight's crime.

Dan and Emma we need your help. The bird that brought our son to you is amagical bird, a phoenix by the name of Fawkes; he brought us a vision of you and of the future, which is why he brought Harry to you.

Soon two men named Remus Lupin and Sirius Black will come to your home and tell you about magic, for now just watch our son.

We know this is a strange situation, magic, phoenixes, and a strange baby appearing out of nowhere, but please watch over our love.

There are people who will want to kill our boy; others will want to control his wealth, and others who will only see him as a weapon for the'greater good'. The two men that will knock in a few minutes will have apassword 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good', the reply is 'mischief managed'.

Dan and Emma, Hermione is a witch, the people who want to murder our son are what you would call racial supremacists. They believe that if your family has not always been magical then you have no right to magic. Your daughter was born into the wizarding Britain's version of an early Nazi Germany, there are no camps but the racism is there. In nine years they will come for your daughter, a witch will come to your home, dazzle you and your daughter with magic, and then offer her a place at school in Scotland.

That will be the end of your family as you know it. Hermione will leave in early September and return in June, slowly she will drift into the British magical world and you will hardly ever see her again.

The British magical world is trapped in the past; first generation witches are for wives and homemakers or unmarried witches who are teachers, shopkeepers, healers or some such things. They claim that your child will be welcomed, when in reality she will always be a second-class citizen, if she takes some purebloods fancy her life could well be worse than hell.

Dan and Emma the reason we paint a bleak picture of being a witch in Britain is we need you to listen to Remus and Sirius when they tell you of the magical world. Britain is behind the rest of the world in how they treat first generation magic users. We know this because my wife is a first generation witch. The Potters are an old wealthy pureblood family, I do not subscribe to those racist beliefs and I love my wife for who she is.

The Potters have houses all over the world, the properties and money is yours to raise Hermione away from Britain. Sirius and Remus will raise Harry, all we ask his you raise them together. We know this is shock. When Remus and Sirius get there, Fawkes will show you what he as shown us.

Again, please help our Harry,

James Potter and Lily Potter

Emma placed the note on the table next to the stick of wood and seated herself in a nearby chair. She was confused, magic, strange birds, people they do not know asking to help hide their son from murderers. Emma looked at Dan and asked, "What was going on and why are you crying?"

Dan rubbed his face with his hand and replied hoarsely, "when my grandmother was dying she used to say she was kicked out of her family because she couldn't do magic. Mom said it was Alzheimers, now I don't know. She always told my older brothers and me the best bedtime stories about wizards and witches, dragons and a school in Scotland called Hogwarts, she told us her family went there but she wasn't allowed."

Emma was about to answer when the doorbell rang. Dan and Emma looked at each other and knew answering that door will change their lives forever and they made up their minds in the silent conversation of married people. Emma checked the kids once more as Dan headed down the stairs to answer the door to their future.

Dan applied his "I'm going to kill you look he learned in the SBS" and looked out the peephole. The people were dressed in what appeared to be robes and cloaks; Dan shaking his head at the absurdity of the evening opened the door halfway and stepped into the gap.

-OoOoO-

Near Midnight Saturday October 31, 1981, Hogwarts

Albus Dumbledore was just going to bed after he checked the castle wards to ensure the children were safe when he was awoken by a sudden wave of sadness that seemed to come from the castle. Albus dragged himself back out of bed, dressed and went back to his office, when he had gotten there and re-checked the wards he found nothing. Something was not right, the magic of the castle was still sad; an overwhelming feeling of mourning muted the magic of children and laughter.

Albus was getting worried. He checked the silver instruments in his office for any sign of the troubles and found in the one that kept track of his order members that two more members were dead. Albus ran a few more spells over the devices, discovered that the Potters were dead, and was suddenly able to remember their address in Godrics Hollow.

A now frantic Albus ran to the school gates and apparated to the Potter's cottage and found it gone; smoking embers were still alight with magical fires and the dark mark was floating in the sky. He checked the area and found Voldemort, Peter Pettigew, and Sirius Black's magical signatures but no sign of the Potters. He checked a few more things and followed the trail of Black. Black was the secret keeper to the Potters, Albus had offered but they had refused him and now the Potters were dead, with a sad shake of his head he thought, "another old family gone."

Albus arrived in the alleyway somewhere in London just in time to see Fawkes as he flashed out with a running Sirius. Albus muttered to himself, "What was happening tonight, something was very wrong, the Potters were dead, Fawkes taking a running Sirius somewhere unknown, maybe Fawkes had taken him to Hogwarts." Still talking to himself Albus apparated to the gates of the school and returned to his office expecting to find Fawkes and maybe Sirius there, instead he found it empty.

Albus sat at his desk to catch his breath, he noticed a note with one of Fawkes' tail feathers, he recognized the Potter seal and with a sense of dread, he opened the scroll, and read:

My friend Albus, Lily and I are dead and Harry is alive. Albus before you start to think of that damned prophecy read this entire letter! Yes Albus, Iknow you well enough to know that while you are sad at our deaths, you are also glad the prophecy is coming to pass.

Voldemort is dead, how do we know this, Fawkes has been helping us the past few days and he has shown us the future, we knew two days ago what would pass and met our deaths standing tall, knowing we would lose.

Albus we know you are at your desk with plans for our son running through you head and you can stop it right now. Sirius Black will raise our son, I know you think you know who our secret keeper was and you are wrong, it was Peter Pettigew. We chose Peter hoping to throw the spy in the order off our trail and we failed.

We now know that you thought Peter was the spy, but you were hoping to save him, save him at the cost of how many. Your unwillingness to confront Peter has cost us our lives and Harry his family. You Albus Dumbledore have also hired the man who betrayed the prophecy to Voldemort to teach children, your hope to use him as spy is now not needed and will not be needed for some time, how many people has that man killed or raped, how many children will he ruin.

Albus your sins are catching up to you, your hope for the best in people is costing us our world. You Albus are responsible for tonight, you could have stop Tom, yes I Know his real name and history, another truth you kept to yourself. Albus you could have obliviated Snape of the prophecy and you could have used Veritaserum on Order members to determine loyalties, Moody tried, but no Albus 'greater good' Dumbledore knows best.

Albus you are locked in your office until Fawkes returns for you. Hogwarts is helping Fawkes tonight, you are trapped to think of your actions Albus, Fawkes will return to take you to Gringotts to witness our will, you try to interfere with our plans and Fawkes and Hogwarts will not be happy. Trust Fawkes and Sirius, they will prepare my son!

Albus do not let the Longbottoms out of hiding until the LeStranges are caught. Bellatrix and those demented brothers will torture them to insanity if you do not. Fawkes would not take them a letter from us, we think there are things that you are to do, think of it as a test. Will you sacrifice another baby boy's parents for your plans?

Lily and I are still your friends Albus; if you behave, we will all enjoy the next great adventure together someday.

With Love

James Potter

Lily Potter

Albus was thinking furiously as he sat the letter on his desk. He stood and tried to exit the door to find it locked. Albus was whispering to himself, "I must escape, I must implement my plans, and Harry has to go to the sister."

Albus had arrangements for both children of prophecy, if Neville was the boy he would go to the crazy squib uncle, even if Augusta had to be dealt with, if the boy was Harry he would go to the magic hating muggles. The child must be meek and mild, maybe even beaten; it was for the greater good.

Hogwarts heard the whispers of the Headmaster. She was saddened that this great man would try to do these things to a child. She had seen a lot over athousand years, so a man wanting to control the future with his influence was not new, so she did as Fawkes asked and turned the doors and windows of his office to stone and shut down the floo.

Albus was shook from his whispering as the doors and windows in his office turned to stone sealing him in until Hogwarts decided to let him out. Seeing anote flash onto his desk along with another feather, he approached the desk and opened the scroll.

We told you to wait!

A tired Albus Dumbledore sat back down at his desk and thought furiously about how to salvage this situation. He had plans, the fate of the wizarding world was resting on his decisions, and he must get Harry. Therefore, with Hogwarts allied against him for the moment he sat in his office and made his plans.

-OoOoO-

Midnight Sunday: November 1, 1981, Lupin Cottage near Nottingham Forest.

Remus Lupin was a werewolf, Remus was pacing around his living room and his inner wolf was raging. The wolf knew something was very wrong tonight. Remus had started feeling the wolf rage earlier in the evening and it was getting worse. Remus was thinking of why Albus had not contacted him for any missions for the Order, how were Lily and James, and how was his cub.

He was about to go into the woods and rage at the stars when Fawkes flashed in and sung a calming tune. Remus listening to the song asked Fawkes, "What's wrong Fawkes, I know something is going on I can feel it, does Dumbledore need me ...,"

Fawkes interrupted Remus with a short trill; Remus looked closely at Fawkes and saw the letter in his talons. Remus walked over to Fawkes, who gave him the letter. Fawkes trilled another short tune and flashed out. Remus recognizes the handwriting and seal as James', and with trembling hands, he ripped open the scroll and read:

Remus my brother, Lily and I are dead. Harry his safe! Sorry it is a hell of a way to start a letter. Voldemort murdered us tonight. Peter betrayed us, that's right we did not use Sirius as secret keeper. We hoped to throw the deatheaters off, as everybody knows we trusted Sirius the most.

We are sorry Remus, we have so much to tell you but we cannot put those things into this letter. Albus knew there is a traitor in the Order, everybody had a different opinion. We did not know whom to trust and ended up trusting the wrong person. Some members thought the traitor was you; we do not believe that, others thought it was Sirius because of his brother and cousins. Who would have thought it was the rat. A rat, we should have known.

Remus we need you to be strong, our son needs you. Fawkes has taken Harry to Dan and Emma Granger in Chelsea.

Harry banished Voldemort tonight, the monster is gone but not for good. We know this because Fawkes came to us and showed us a vision of the future. We are sorry to say but that future did not include my Lily Flower or me. Remus we have prepared as best we can for Harry, when Fawkes brings Sirius to you, go to Harry.

Fawkes has shown us what will become of our Harry if he is left with others, he will be abused and unloved. Lily's sister will get our boy Mooney, you remember that horse faced bitch and fat ass bigot of a husband, they will starve and beat him Remus. You and Sirius must stop this!

Remus, the Grangers have a daughter that is a witch. They are muggles. We explained racism in Britain in the hope they will understand what is in store for their little girl. We did not sugar coat the information Remus, they need to know the problems awaiting them and who better than you to explain racism in magical Britain.

Mooney we love you. Fawkes will bring Sirius to you in a few minutes, Padfoot is hunting the rat, if he finds Peter he will go to Azkaban. Revenge can wait Remus.

When Sirius arrives, go to the Grangers. Fawkes will take you there when he returns. Tell them our story Remus and be strong. Harry and Sirius need you. Mooney before morning go to Gingotts, they will have our will ready.

Remus don't trust Albus, Fawkes does not want Albus involved. Albus will make him a weapon for the 'Greater Good'. Do not let that happen! The Marauders need to find a place to live outside Britain, raise our son to be a good man and strong wizard.

Voldemort will return Mooney, a prophecy about Harry forced us into hiding and now it is coming to pass. Our boy will have to fight that monster someday, he needs to be ready, he also needs to live as normal of life possible, and he needs the Marauders and the Grangers love.

Remus our brother we will miss you, we will meet you in the next great adventure, again we love you.

James Potter

Lily Potter

Remus with tears running down his face promised aloud, "James, Lily Isolemnly swear I will do the best I can for Harry."

Shaking off the pain and sorrow he was feeling, Remus began to pack his meager belongings. Fawkes should return with Sirius soon, so he had to be ready. Remus' trunk had just finished packing itself when Fawkes flashed in with Sirius.

Sirius was looking, well he looked serious, and he had his old school trunk and a book bag over his shoulder. Remus took one look at his last brother and started to cry again, he then rushed to engulf Sirius in a hug.

-OoOoO-

Little after Midnight Sunday, November 1, 1981, Alleyway North London

Sirius Black was raging. He had murder on his mind as he stalked the alley in North London. He smelled the rat; he would find that rat and torture him to near death, heal him and do it again. That rat had helped kill James, Lily and his pup Harry. Sirius knew who the rat responsible was. He had talked James and Lily into choosing Peter for secret keeper and for that, he would never forgive himself.

Earlier in the evening Sirius was going to Godrics Hollow to see James and maybe have a late night drink. He had arrived outside the gate to find the house in ruins. The only thing he could see was the smoking foundations, magical fires still flickered in and out, and the dark mark floating in the sky. He fell to his knees and cried; he cried for the loss of his other brother and cried for baby Harry.

Regulus, his younger brother was murdered last year just outside Black Manor in London, now his other brother James along with wife and son are dead. Sirius swore he would have his vengeance; he would hunt that rat to the ends of the earth and kill him. Changing into Padfoot he sniffed out the rat's scent along with Voldemort's, following the smell of the rat he slowly finds his apparation point. He decided to check all Peter's old haunts, as he would have his revenge.

This was how Sirius Black, playboy Marauder found himself in a London alley with murder on his mind and his wand pointed at a restaurant's trash bin screaming, "Peter come out, time to die you traitorous rat. You told Voldemort how to find them Peter, why did you do it."

Sirius saw the rat scamper out of the alley toward the street full of muggles. Sirius was running after the rat with the death curse on his lips when Fawkes flashed in, grabbed him on the shoulder and flashed him out.

Sirius was still moving his feet as if running when he fell the three feet from where Fawkes let him go. He fell to the floor of a room he had sworn he would never see again, his old bedroom at Black Manor in London.

Cursing Fawkes, he sat himself on the floor, "Fawkes what the hell are you doing, and I almost had that murdering ra..."

Interrupted by Fawkes angry screech Sirius looked more closely at Fawkes and noticed a scroll in his talons. Fawkes dropped the scroll in Sirius's lap, Sirius recognized the Potter seal and with shaking hands, he cracked the seal on the scroll and read:

Sirius my brother Harry his alive! Lily and I are not. Sorry my brother but the rat betrayed us. I do not blame you for his actions, you could not have known. Sirius, Fawkes has been helping us without Albus knowing, he flashed in a few days ago and showed us the future, as we told Remus we are not in that future.

The short version is you have to be strong, put off revenge, and take care of Harry! Remus knows where Harry is, Fawkes delivered Harry to a muggle family named the Grangers, their daughter is a witch and is part of Fawkes' vision.

Take Harry and leave, run from Britain, the deatheaters, and Albus. Voldemort is gone; his killing curse rebounded off Harry and struck him instead. He will return, the prophecy we mentioned before hiding is coming to pass, prepare Harry!

Fawkes will take you to Remus, then go to Harry and help soothe the Grangers. Before dawn, you and Remus must go to Gringotts, and you claim your Lordship. I know we promised each other we would never use those pureblood titles but Harry will need his, you have to train my son to be prepared. Harry must return to kill that monster and he is going to need that lordship crap, maybe a blood traitor and half-blood Lord will change the world. Have the Goblins give the proof of your innocence to Albus, the Prophet, and to Barty Crouch.

Sirius we will see you again but you have a job to do first. When you go the Grangers, the password is the Marauders secret. You speak the first and they reply the second. Sirius make sure Harry knows love. Love is the key.

Padfoot when the time comes return to Britain and kick those inbred deatheaters asses, bring the revolution we dreamed of, and make it safe for Harry's kids.

We love you Brother

James Potter and Lily Potter

Sirius collapsed back on the floor and screamed his rage to the empty House of Black. Fawkes sung a sorrowful song as Sirius lie on the floor of his old bedroom and cried. After a while Sirius has had enough of crying and asked Fawkes, "Fawkes can we do it, can I do it, am I strong enough, can I be the parent Harry needs?"

Sirius is uplifted at the answering trill from Fawkes, so he straightened himself, applied what his father called the Lordship face and continues,"Fawkes I'm ready, time to see my last brother and pup. Let me set the Black Wards and we will leave."

Sirius went to the ritual room and applied the Black Wards to the old home. Sirius then continued on a last tour of the old childhood home, he collected his old school trunk and filled it with Black family books all the while wishing he could burn the old house to the ground. He ordered the old house elf Kreacher to clean and prepare the upstairs bedrooms saying they may have guests, and that he must remain hidden unless called.

Taking one last look around and he grabbed Regulus' old book bag, he called Fawkes and soon he is on his way to Mooney, this Granger couple, and his pup. Sirius arrived at Remus' cottage, he looked at his haggard friend and is immediately halfway across the room to meet is brother in a hug.

-OoOoO-

After Midnight Sunday, November 1, Gringotts Bank, Diagon Alley

Director Rangok was working late so he could spend time with his newest great grandson and he was thinking on the Dark Lord problem. Rangok was an old goblin, he had seen four "Dark Lords," and Voldemort was the worst for the goblins. Most Dark Lords only want to subvert wizards; they do not really care about goblins. If a Dark Lord could he would recruit goblins, goblins were good at killing wizards. That was why Voldemort was the worst; he desired to kill all magical races that are not "pureblood human." Rangok continued his paper work and to think on dumb wizards.

Pureblood, what a joke, there was always someone in their bloodlines that were less than pure and without first generation magic users there would be no new blood for their businesses or families. A thousand plus years of inbreeding, dark lords every hundred or so years, and the long live span of wizards means few children. Fewer children mean smaller populations and with smaller populations you need new blood. A purebred poodle maybe beautiful, but can it hunt his own food.

The Goblins have the wealth of over twenty extinct wizard lines in their vaults. All it would take was a smart first generation wizard to realize what was awaiting someone who passed the inheritance test for those families. Purebloods have been shipping their squib children to muggle world for a over athousand years; there was no telling what kind of breeding those humans did. Afirst generation magic user could be the heir of ten families and with the way wizards bred, one of them could take the other ten.

Rangok was a worried goblin, you did not become ruler of the Goblin Nation by not worrying, or by being stupid. Magic was telling the Director that achange was coming, change could be good or bad, and that was worrying.

The Director was interrupted from his mussing when Fawkes flashed into his office. The phoenix trilled a short calming melody to the Director, and as the bird circled the desk, he gently laid a scroll encircled with a Lord's ring along with a crystal vial covered with a clear red wax unto the desk then flashed out. The reddish appearing vial with small runes carved in the wax look to have pensive memories inside.

Rangok was now more curious than worried; it was not every day that aphoenix delivers a Lord's ring, in fact he could not remember it ever happening before. The crystal vial was sealed in blood wax and covered in the Egyptian runes of truth.

Blood wax was made from the fat of a newly dead unicorn that had died of old age and the blood of the person wishing to make the wax, the wax was used in blood-magic and had many uses. The Egyptian runes ensured slaves and member of the Pharaoh's court could not lie.

The runes bound the contents of the contained object; once the item was encircled in the runes the item or person was bound to the truth. Combining the wax and runes was absolute and the truth of the memories could not be ignored. The wax and runes meant that the memories were true. The blood wax and runes combined that way bound the casters soul on the truth of the contents of the vial. No wizard would risk the loss of their soul by lying about the memories.

Rangok sets the vial aside, careful not to disturb the wax, removed the scroll, and recognized the Potter Ring. Setting the ring carefully next to the vial, he read the scroll.

Director Rangok,

Time is money; my son destroyed Voldemort tonight. That demon will return. Lily and I died tonight, how you may ask do you write a letter if dead, that is easy. We knew we would die tonight.

Director, the vial Fawkes gave you has our will and evidence of the man who betrayed us to Voldemort. Sirius Black will come to you tonight for the ring and a reading of the will. Fawkes will bring Albus there, do not let Albus interfere.

Rangok destiny has placed my son on the path to destroy that beast, do you want Albus 'Greater Good' Dumbledore to guide his path or do want an opportunity to help my chosen to guide him. The decision is yours Director.

With Respects

James Potter, Lord Potter, Founding Member of Gringotts.

Lily Potter, Lady Potter, Head of the Minor house of Evans

Rangok did not need to think twice, here was an example of a wizard family returning from the dead. Evans, two hundred years the Evans' were thought extinct. Rangok scribbled a quick note and snapped his fingers and the paper vanished. Moments later a minor goblin named Griphook silently entered, snapped to attention and waited.

Griphook was a minor goblin working the late shift for the Director, if he were lucky the Director would never know he was there. The rumor among the lower levels was that the Director had roasted and eaten the last late shift employee that had caught his attention, so Griphook was scarred shitless when the note appeared asking him to come to the Director's office. Griphook ran to the Director's office, entered silently and firmly at attention waited on his death.

Griphook about fainted when the Director spoke to him, hell he was surprised he was not already dead.

Rangok wanted to grin when he saw Griphook looking like he was about to faint, he had started the roasting and eating rumor because he was bored one day, who knew it would continue to humor him two hundred years later. Rangok barked an order to the scarred goblin, "Griphook lock up the Potter estate, everything, if the Potters have a connection to it lock it up!"

Rangok continued more normally, "Lord and Lady Potter are dead, the Potter accounts are to be locked down until the heir or their proxies are found. Get an accounting of all items loaned out by the Potters and if the current holders do not have proof of the Potters loaning an item, retrieve it."

"Yes Director," Griphook answered. Griphook happy not to be a snack ran from the office to be about his tasks.

-OoOoO-

Half Past Midnight Sunday, November 1, 1981, Lupin Cottage near Nottingham Forest

Sirius and Remus broke the hug and looked at each other; the expression they wore was one of determination and anybody interfering with their tasks would be dead. Sirius silently shrank the trunks and placed them in Regulus' old book bag as Remus took one last look at his small home.

The time had come. The last two Marauders had to see their pup. Sirius called Fawkes and the last of the Marauders were on their way to "Fawkes'Future."

-OoOoO-

Twelve Forty A.M. Sunday, November 1, 1981, Granger residence, Chelsea

The Marauders arrived silently at the front door of a modest two-story home, Remus pulled out his wand and created some warning wards around the property, he did not want any unexpected guests. With Remus done, Sirius knocked on the door. As they are waiting on someone to answer Remus whispered to Sirius, "How to you want to play this, James told me in my letter that Fawkes delivered Harry here with a note like ours."

Sirius answered softly, "carefully my brother, very carefully." He continued, "Remus thinks about it, a couple of muggles, home for a Saturday night, in likelihood getting ready for bed and a phoenix appeared with a baby. Shit man I would freak and I'm a wizard."

Remus was about to answer when the door opened about halfway and the meanest looking man either wizard had ever seen was looking at them with hard brown eyes. The man they thought was Mr. Granger looked about twenty-nine years old stood about six foot four inches tall and maybe two-hundred forty pounds. His t-shirt showed he was a solidly muscled man. Remus swallowed the lump in his throat, and introduced himself, "Mr. Granger, my name is Remus Lupin, my friend is Sirius Black, and we solemnly swear we are up to no good."

Dan Granger expression softened a little, by a little his wife could have been able to tell the difference but the wizards were still a little wary, Dan answers, "I'm Dan Granger, call me Dan and mischief managed, come inside we have a lot to discuss."

Dan then opened the door to an unknown future, a future he was excited about, but he would not let these wizards know that yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story