Categories > Anime/Manga > s-CRY-ed > His Promise

Everything is Fine

by anicka 1 review

Ryuhou makes a promise to Scheris to protect her. This promise brings them closer than ever before. Ryuhou/Scheris

Category: s-CRY-ed - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ryuhou Ryu, Scheris Adjani, Straight Cougar - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-03-29 - Updated: 2006-03-29 - 858 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Scryed.


Cougar had tried to follow Ryuhou as close as he could, but when determined, he could almost say that he might be faster than him. But that was only almost! Cougar already knew that no one was faster than him.

When he heard explosions, he rushed to the site. There he saw Ryuhou and a native altar fighting. There was no way he could get close enough in without drawing attention to himself. He looked around for Scheris, but could not find or see her anywhere.

Cougar looked up as a few commands were spoken from each man. Next thing he saw was a flash of light and a bunch of smoke which strained his vision. He listened for voices but heard nothing.

The smoke began to clear, and he could see a few feet ahead of him. He finally spotted Ryuhou, and Scheris was by his side. He rushed over and saw that Scheris had passed out, and Ryuhou was finally starting to come out of a state of unconsciousness.

"Ryuhou," Cougar said.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Ryuhou replied. He looked over at Scheris and noticed her eyes were closed and that she was breathing heavily. "Scheris? Scheris! No, you didn't..."

Cougar looked at Ryuhou confused. "Is Scheris okay or is she just unconscious?"

"Unconscious. I think she will be alright. She used to much altar power."

"Altar power? What happened? I don't even know what her altar is."

Ryuhou looked down at the small figure of his most trusted companion. "I was badly injured from that fight, and I'm guessing she used her altar power to heal me. That's her altar. We call it Eternal Devote."

"So that's Eternal Devote, huh," Cougar said.

"Yes." Ryuhou bent down on his knees and looked closely at Scheris. He then began to shake her slightly to not hurt her. He didn't know how badly she was injured earlier when Sato attacked her. "Scheris, wake up. Come on. Open your eyes. Scheris!"

Scheris's eyes began to flutter. "Ryuhou, you're alright. I'm glad."

Ryuhou smiled one of his rare smiles. "Of course I am. I don't die that easily."

Cougar put his hand on Ryuhou's shoulder to get his attention, and Ryuhou looked up at him. "We should get her back to headquarters." He removed his hand and stretched it out to Scheris, and she took it. He helped her up, and Ryuhou followed suit.

"Can you walk okay?"

Scheris glanced over at Ryuhou and nodded her head. "Yes, thank you. I'm fine. I was just a little dizzy earlier, but I'm okay now."

Both men looked at her and smiled.

Scheris was one of the only female altar users associated with HOLY, so the guys, especially Ryuhou, would look after her. Urizane like to joke around with her. He would ask her if she wanted a watermelon every now and then, but she was smart. 'No, thanks. You'll just get mad.' 'You're starting to learn, aren't you?' Scheris smiled while Urizane went back to spitting out seeds like a fountain spits out water.

She liked being around them though. They, to her at least, were like family. They were all like her own brothers. Unlike Sato and his crew, Scheris knew she could trust these men right at the moment she first saw them.

Ryuhou, Cougar and Scheris had almost arrived back at the place Cougar parked when Scheris started to feel weak again. She lost her footing and stumbled to the ground landing on her knees, hands in front of her. She was out of breath and tried to regain control of herself.

Out of instinct, the two men bent down to her level. "Are you alright," they asked at the same time.

"I just need to rest for a little while is all," Scheris replied.

Ryuhou put his arms around her. "I'll carry you."

Scheris was about to refuse when Ryuhou took her up into his arms. A slight gasp escaped her lips. She felt so protected in his arms that she laid her head down on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "What happened to him," Scheris spoke abruptly.

"He's dead," Ryuhou simply replied.

Cougar took a glance at Ryuhou. His face held a confused expression.

Scheris words were muffled, but were still understandable. "Are you sure? Did you see his body?"

Ryuhou began to stroke her arm sending a calming sensation to Scheris. "No, but I know he is."

"How?"

"I just know."

When they reached the vehicle, Ryuhou sat Scheris down in the back seat and got in beside her. He patted his lap telling Scheris to lay her head down on him. She did and immediately fell asleep. Ryuhou looked down at her and smiled. 'I promised you I would kill him. I don't know where his body is, but the blow was direct. I felt the life leave his body as we both were flown back. Everything is fine.' He leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Everything is fine."



Author's Notes: Late update again. Thank you for all sticking with me though. Now it's time to review!
Sign up to rate and review this story