Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Sadistic Chemical Life

Not Much Longer Now

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Maddie has a secret and Bob's getting frustrated

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-05-01 - Updated: 2009-05-02 - 2247 words

1Exciting
Earlier in the evening Madison’s POV
I looked out on the stage where the band was taking their place, Bob turned looked in my direction and smiled, then he winked at me. It still sent shivers up my spine. I standing there smiling but jumped when suddenly I heard a southern drawl whisper in my left ear.
“Awww you’d never know your marriage was in trouble.”

My heart sank I knew he was right our marriage was in trouble. It seems we both had cheated on each other.

“Hi Adam,” I said quietly.

He led me to a place where none of the other wives or backstage guests were.

“Are you going to tell him?”

“I don’t know.”

“You should you owe it to him.”

“And what does he owe me?”

“You don’t even know if it’s true.”

“I saw pictures Adam.”

“You of all people should know you can’t believe what you see.”

“Do you know how heartbroken I was?”

“Yeah, you called me as soon as you saw them.”

“You’ve been really good to me, you know that.”

“I love you Maddie that hasn’t changed.”

“You’re such a good friend you know that?”

“I try,” he smiled at me.

Adam has been great through everything he’s been my rock. He was there when I was sent a picture of Bob with a merch girl kissing. It simply broke me. But I wanted to hear Bob’s side. He told me it never happened. I wanted to believe him but soon there was more and more evidence. Adam swore that nothing was happening he talked to Bob and the other guys and they all denied it. Of course they would they’re brothers and would protect each other at all costs.

I decided to throw myself into work and found a new cause. Helping veterans readjust to life after coming home from the war. I helped them find jobs if they needed them, seek the best medical attention and psychological help if needed. The idea was presented to me a few months ago by a veteran called Nick. We worked endlessly trying to build a data base of veterans and their needs and then trying to recruit doctors, hospitals, lawyers and who ever to help us help them. One night Bob and I had a particularly bad fight it sent me into tears. For weeks Nick had been flirting with me and even tried to make several passes at me but I always shot him down. But that night I gave in and I hated myself afterwards. I never brought up the affair with Bob again. How could I that would be hypocritical. I should have gone straight to Bob and we should have talked face to face about everything but I didn’t think I could really face him, and not saying anything made me believe it never happened. But here we are the last show and now we have to face each other every day. Adam’s right and I’ll tell him tomorrow. Tonight was a time for family and friends.

“I’m telling him tomorrow, I’m hoping that we can clear the air of everything tomorrow. I really want to make a go of it with Bob. It’ll always be him that I love with all my heart.”

“Get a fresh start with no secrets,” Adam smiled and looked out at the stage, “It seems like everyone’s having a good time out there.”

“Yeah they do don’t they,” I said as I looked in the same direction as Adam, “I’m sorry I missed your set.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

We headed back to the group amongst the whispers. I’m sure they’re thinking Adam and I are having an affair. If they only knew the truth. Besides Adam is married and has a son, who he simply adores. I love watching Adam play with him it reminds me of when Bob played with Bobby at that age.

“He’s gonna be a heartbreaker when he grows up,” I couldn’t help saying. It seems he got the best qualities of both his parents.

“Someone got a pic of him and Gabby playing together and a rumor started that Gee and I were arranging their marriage. The shit people come up with. Personally I wouldn’t mind him and Jess hooking up.”

“Pimping your son Adam.”

“Boys gotta get an early start.”

Adam’s wife came over and we all started talking to us too. This woman was amazing she never got mad at Adam for talking to me and even a few times was there for me too. I’m so glad that they found each other he deserves to be happy.

“Speaking of, how’s Derek been these days?”

“Doing really good in school and missing Lizzie like crazy. He’s coming out here for the summer doing some work for Chicago’s finest. Besides he wants to check out this Trevor guy that Lizzie’s seeing,” Adam said as he looked over to them.

“He still loves her, doesn’t he?”

“Love isn’t something you fall out of so easily,” Adam turned to his wife and smiled.

“Yeah I know what you mean.”

I looked at the stage mesmerized at the man behind the drum kit. He has no idea what he does to me when he plays like that.

Before we knew it the set was over and Gerard and the boys were saying their goodbyes to the standing crowd. Bob came backstage and put his arms around me and just held me. He was sweating so badly, but I didn’t care I just wanted to have his arms around me. We were chatting with everyone and before we knew it, it was nearly four in the morning. The kids were all passed out on various pieces of furniture in the backroom and I think we were all ready to do the same.

“I got us a hotel room a couple of blocks from here.”

“We’re not staying at the apartment?”

“Ray and Christa are having some final renovations on their house so they’re staying there.”

“What about the kids?”

“They’re staying with them. We need some time alone, to clear the air so to speak. Get our lives on track again. I know this tour was hard on you, but the past couple of months something has been off, and I think I know what it is.”

My heart sank, he’s taking it really well if he knows. I guess being with Ali it was something he had been accustomed to. I hate that I had become her. I hate everything about myself right now. All the hurt, pain and loneliness didn’t seem like a big deal now. All that mattered is that we both want the same thing to make it work.

Bob’s POV

I watched as Maddie leaned down and kissed the kids goodbye. It’s moments like these I love her the most. Adam walked up to her and kissed her forehead and was saying something, what I don’t know. All I know is I could see the sadness in her eyes as they spoke. Adam’s wife hugged her and seemed to give her words of encouragement. Frank noticed I was watching them.

“What’s going on over there?”

“I have no fucking clue. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow when we have our talk.”

Maddie finally joined me and we climbed into the waiting limo. It pulled up to the Four Seasons where the doorman gave me a disdainful look. We walked into the front door and gave my name to the clerk at the front desk.

The clerk looked at me up and down. “I’m sorry we have no rooms available.”

“Excuse me I made the reservation over two weeks ago.”

“Something must have happened to it because it’s not here.”

I can’t believe this is happening again. When I travel with the band we’re treated like royalty. It couldn’t be because we rent out a whole floor. Now that I’m alone they take one look at me and decide I’m not worthy enough to stay.

“What the fuck do you mean it’s not there, I confirmed it earlier today.”

“We gave the room away when you didn’t check in.”

“So which the fuck is it, I have no reservation or you gave the room away?”

I let go of Maddie’s hand and was about to give this shitiot a whatfor when the hotel manager came over, I couldn’t help but notice he was looking at Maddie and then spoke, “Is there a problem here?”

“We seem to have given this man’s room away,” he said smugly as if he did a good deed.

Then the manager turned to Maddie, “I’m sorry Miss Trenton I’ll see if there are any rooms available.”

“It’s Mrs. Bryar and I believe it was my husband that rented the room,” I love when she sets the record straight, because I can see she’s proud to have my name.

“Of course,” The kiss ass turned to me “Mr. Bryar we have the Ty Warner Penthouse available, would you like this on your account Mrs. Bryar.”

“I can pay for this myself you know.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Bryar, I’ll check you right in.”

After a few taps of the keyboard we were given our hotel key. “Again my deepest apologies to you and Mrs. Bryar,” he said with the utmost fake sincerity.

The key was to the private elevator we got on along with a bellhop that took our bags. The ride was quiet as it climbed to the fifty-second floor. I was about to open the door when I was greeted by another fake smiling face.

“I’m Joseph I’ll be your butler for your stay.”

I rolled my eyes how much was this going to cost me I wonder. Hello Mrs. Bryar how nice to see you again.

“Hello Joseph, my husband and I will not be needing your services for our stay,” said Maddie, “But we’ll make sure you get a very handsome tip.”

“Very well Mr. Bryar, Mrs. Bryar. If you do need anything to not hesitate to call.”

“Thank you,” I uttered as I watched him get into the elevator we just got off.

I walked into the spacious penthouse and was in awe of it, this had to be at least ten grand a night. The bellhop took our bags and was about to bring them to the bedroom.

“I’ll take care of that,” and handed him what I thought was a generous tip, but he looked at it like I just insulted his mother. I watched as Maddie walked him to the elevator. I know she was going to give him more. What the fuck he only put our bags on a trolley and then put them on the floor.

“I fucking hate when that happens,” I said when she came back.

“I’m sorry honey,” was all she could offer.

“Did you see that fucking clerk all smug because he took one look at us and thought his hotel was too good for us? And the fucking manager comes by and sees that it’s you and gives us the most fucking expensive room, and then fucking acts like I can’t fucking pay for the room. How much is this by the way since it seems you’ve been here before.

“I don’t know. We’ve always have had an account here. We use this suite for out of town clients and guests.”

We made our way to the bedroom where there was a four poster bed waiting for us. I changed into a t-shirt and pajama bottoms while Maddie just threw on one of my t-shirts. We laid down on the bed, it was the most comfortable thing I ever laid on. I was about to say something and but Maddie was already asleep. I looked at the clock and it read five a.m. My mind was still reeling from all that happened that in the past 24 hours. I decided to give myself a tour of the suite, which had nine rooms. I watched as the sun rose across the city through the floor to ceiling windows which was 25 feet. I walked in the garden that was that had a waterfall in it. This is the life my wife has grown accustomed to. I only know that this isn’t who I am and something’s gotta give.

Nick’s POV

“So the happy couple left a while ago?” I asked my younger brother.

“Should I find out where they are?” asked my little brother.

“No leave them be for now. I’ll talk to you later.”

I hung up the phone and twisted the cold steel of my Yarborough through my thumb and forefinger, then whipped it at a picture at Bob hitting him between the eyes. “Not much longer now,” I smiled at the picture.

Below is the thread for the suite that Bob and Maddie are staying fyi $34K a night.

http://www.fourseasons.com/newyorkfs/guest_rooms_and_suites/ty_warner_penthouse.html#image-newyorkfs-hotel-NYF_124
Sign up to rate and review this story