Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Merry-Go-Rounds and Camels

by jajajajaime16 11 reviews

Dani, Frank. Frank, Dani.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-02 - Updated: 2009-05-02 - 1343 words - Complete

5Moving


Recap: "Frank?" she whispered, not wanting to turn around.


"Mhmmmmmm!" he said smugly.

"Whatcha doin' here?" Gerard asked, playing along.

"Well, I just came to check on you two lovebirds," Frank laughed.

Gerard glared at Frank, blushing slightly. Not part of the plan, Frank!

Dani turned to face him, offended. "Care to explain?" she asked Gerard. "Did you bring him here?" she accused.

"No!"

"Look, I'd love to listen to you two bicker like an old married couple, but Dani and I have some catching up to do!" Frank interrupted. He sat down next to her, 'accidentally' shoving the other two's chairs closer together.

Dani's elbow hit Gee in the ribs, and he complained, "Ow!" and then, "You have bony elbows."

"Shut the fuck up, or your ribs won't be the only thing that's sore," she threatened.

"Ooooooooh!" Frank yelled.

"Fine," Gerard said, crossing his arms and pretending that statement really scared him.

Frank coughed. They're so cute... he thought. Whoa, that was such a girly sentence! But seriously, look at them. The way they're pretending thy hate each other...it's so cliché, it's perfect. "Dani," he began. "I...I really missed you. We...used to be like best friends. Why'd you run away?"

Dani closed her eyes. She so did not want to have this conversation now.

Gerard scooted away a few inches. He felt out of place, like he was about to intrude on some Kodak moment with just the two cousins.

"I..." Dani looked over at Gerard, who appeared to be very interested with a grungy spot on the table. "Frank..."

He raised his eyebrows. "If you're gonna keep lying to me...to us...just...stop," he finished lamely.

She stayed silent and picked at the already damaged skin next to her thumbnail.

Gerard got up from the table and said, "Uh...I'm gonna let you two...reconnect..."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani watched him walk away to the other side of the cafeteria. Now she had no excuse not to talk to Frank about everything.

"I just need to know," he told her. "Is it something to do with your dad? Or is it something else?" His wide hazel eyes searched her face, seeing the bruises Gerard talked about, and realizing she was hiding her broken arm under the table.

"When did you get so smart?" she said, her voice shaking.

No. She...she can't be...he...that asshole did this to her! Frank thought angrily. "Private school's been good to me."

Dani looked down. "Hmm."

"Tell me what's going on," Frank said softly.

Dani made a quick decision. I can't believe this."Not here," she mumbled.

"Well, where then?"

"Somewhere not here," she repeated.

"Well, I'm already, like, cutting class just by being here at your school, so we could go 'somewhere not here' now," he suggested.

"Are you telling me to skip?" A hint of amusement passed through her voice.

"Ya," Frank said simply, smiling.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So?" Frank urged.

The pair was sitting on the long abandoned merry-go-round at the small park in town. Frank was desperate for truth, Dani was desperate for lies. (A/N: whoa that was a nice sentence (: )

"I...I..." Dani's throat felt dry, closed off. She couldn't talk. "You're just gonna tell Gee."

Frank smiled when she used his friend's nickname. "I might have a big mouth, but I promise I won't tell him," he replied honestly. "I'm not giving you any bullshit," he added. He knew it would be hard not to tell one of his best friends something like whatever he was about to hear, but Frank had a pretty kickass willpower when he put it to work.

Dani wasn't sure if she could believe him. "I'm just not sure if I should..."

Frank looked over her again and noticed her eyes. They're different! That's why she looked so odd. Her eyes...they seem... They reminded him of his old dog, Harrison, who he'd adopted from the animal shelter. And Harry was abused. His old owners beat him. And he always had those sad, scared eyes.

"I'm sure you've...had some ideas...just seeing me," she said, gesturing to her arm in the sling with her other one. "And I'm sure they're pretty accurate."

Frank edged himself nearer to Dani and put his arm around her shoulders. She stiffened, shocked at the long gone, but still familiar gesture. She unexpectedly leaned her head on his shoulder as she continued.

She let go and told him her horrific story, starting from when she'd lost contact with him. He clenched his hand tighter and tighter into a menacing fist with every word she spoke. Frank had flat out hugged her as she felt disobedient tears rolling down her cheeks. She cursed and wiped them away, not wanting to show any sign of weakness.

Too late for that, she thought.

"Stupid fucker. He's sick. Dani, I have to get you out of there," Frank said.

"How are you supposed to do that? Just let me deal with it. I'll be fine."

"Stop!" Frank yelled loudly.

Dani winced, his voice was right next to her ear.

"You won't be fine if you stay like this." Frank's voice broke.

And suddenly, they were both crying and hugging each other fiercely, remembering all the good time of the past, and all the bad times of the present. Frank didn't give a flying you-know-what that it was supposed to be weird for a guy to cry.

"You're like the sister I never had," Frank whispered, still holding onto Dani.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered back.

"Sorry for what?" he said loudly, pulling back and grabbing her shoulders. "I should be sorry. I basically let you go off with..."

"There wasn't anything you could’ve done."

"But I still feel like I should’ve at least tried-"

"Don't," she ordered darkly. "I need to go and at least show up for fifth period."

"Okay, sure, but don't you dare shut me out again. Understood?" he asked.

Dani nodded slowly, getting up from the piece of playground equipment.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Back at school, Gerard was sitting in fourth period, more restless than ever. He hated social studies to begin with, and without Dani sitting across the room, it was even worse.

"This is ridiculous," he muttered to himself.

He looked out the window and his eyes widened at the sight of Frank showing Dani a good place to go through the fence. In plain view of several different teachers in several different buildings.

Mrs. Fant, his teacher at the moment, was finished describing ancient trade in the Middle East and turned to look out of the window on the side of the room.

"Mrs. Fant!" Gerard yelled, catching the small turn of her head. "I, uh, I want to know more about the...salt trade!"

She came close to rolling her eyes at him, but jerked her attention back to the class. "Mr. Way, did you have anything in particular you would like to know?"

"Um...yes...uh..." he stalled. "Did the...uh, camels...eat the salted products, too? And how did the Arabs ya know, balance stuff on that lump on their back?"

So much for phrasing an intelligent question...


Ah, gotta love the stupid camel question. My friend actually had to do what Gerard did for me in...I think it we were juniors. Ha, yeah, I don't condone skipping class, even though I did it, so uh, don't, um, do that. *PSA voice* Anyway, I loved the part at the park. It made me come close to tears, definitely, remembering way too much. I know you guys love Frank, so I gave you a lil something something. It may or may not be a while until I get another update on here. So REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW and RATE RATE RATE. Honorable mention goes out to IeroMyHeroMCR, lostmyfearoffalling, doyleangel, and anyone else I might've forgotten for being faithful reviewers. Keep up the good work!
Song(s) for this chapter: everything The Secret Handshake. Owl City is over-rated, but listening to this guy is awesome.
Sign up to rate and review this story