Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pevie

Coming Home

by moocow 3 reviews

This is going to give you flashbacks to Dance, Dance.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [X] [?] - Published: 2009-05-02 - Updated: 2009-05-02 - 1803 words

0Unrated
I was mindlessly cleaning counters when the door to the coffee shop opened that afternoon, and instead of glancing up, I sighed, quietly choosing to continue my work.

“It seems everybody is upset,”

I looked up at Patrick who shared a similar saddened pout, his eyes heavy.

“Yeah,” I agreed, shrugging slightly as Patrick sat down at the counter. I raised an eyebrow at him though, realizing it was Saturday. “Isn’t it Homecoming tonight?” I asked. Patrick nodded reluctantly.

“Yeah, but I’m not going,” he explained, softly, taking a napkin out of the dispenser. “I don’t have a date,” he further spoke. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the napkin from his hands and raised an eyebrow.

“Is Joe going?” I asked. Patrick nodded.

“Yeah, he’s snuggling Pete in so they can cause some mischief,”

I rolled my eyes before moving to take off my apron and swing it over the back counter. Patrick raised an eyebrow at my actions.

“I think you should snuggle me in then too,” I prompted, gaining a nervous smile from Patrick. “I’ll be your date,”

Patrick shrugged and hesitated before nodding, but then peered at me questionably.

“Are you sure? I mean, you and Pete are not on the best of levels, right?” he asked. I licked my lips nervously but shrugged.

“It’s ok, I can handle it,” I pushed. Patrick nodded and with that, we were off. We made a quick stop at my house, so that I could grab my dress and toiletries, before driving back to Patrick’s house, and after confusing his mother with my presence, we climbed upstairs, deciding to get ready in his room. Patrick had called both Joe and Pete, explaining to the two what the plan was for tonight. Patrick then explained to me that Pete had something planned for the dance, making me slightly nervous.

“I think it evolves me, more than you,” Patrick voiced, attempting to tie his tie. I shook my head and handed him the hair curler, moving him in front of me so I could re-do it. I tilted my head to one side while I tied Patrick's tie, his own hands busy with curling the rest of my hair, making my natural barrels springier and stand out more. The door opened and in walked Joe, grinning and waving hello, but holding his own tie. I smirked and finished Patrick up, moving him to face my back so I could work on Joe’s similar problem.

“I’m so glad you know how to do this,” he voiced. I raised an eyebrow as Joe spoke and tilted my head as Patrick moved my hair to form another curl. He seemed too good at this, but I ignored it.

“Can’t Pete help you?” I asked. Joe shook his head.

“You think he knows either?” Joe joked. “He’s not wearing a tie tonight,” he explained. I nodded once and finished him up, but watched as Joe smiled and moved his hands so he could adjust the top of my dress.

"Your cleavage was off," I glared and smacked him, lightly.

"Thank you, but these," I cupped my own breasts. "Are not yours," Joe burst out laughing while Patrick flushed red as he was right behind me, probably getting a rather good view. I giggled too and took the curler from Patrick, finishing up.

"Who's downstairs?" Patrick asked and Joe sighed, putting on his suit jacket.

"Pete,"

I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror, licking my thumb and wiping it on the mirror. Joe smirked and Patrick looked at me oddly.

"What's that all about?" he asked and I smiled.

"Its good luck,"

They both nodded and moved to do the same. I smirked and blinked hard before grabbing Patrick's hat off the door handle. It was a fancier hat, of course and Patrick was very happy to find it. One of those gangster Fedora hats, you know?

"I'm good to go," Joe said and I smiled running ahead and down the stairs, Joe chasing me down. Patrick followed us down and my red, knee length dress slightly flowed with the air, my laugh echoing down the hall before I nearly fell off the last step smiling at a slightly amused Pete.

"Is everybody ready?" he asked and Joe jumped in the air, running over and picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Kick ass! I just picked up a girl for the dance!"

Patrick lightly laughed as I smacked Joe's back and kicked my legs.

"Watch it, Ev. We don't need a peep show,"

I glared at the carpet at hearing Pete's voice but raised my arm and pocked Joe's hair.

"CHARGE!"

*

Arriving at the dance had been strange. Pete and I had to sneak in when administrators weren’t looking, and even then, we had to force smiles to parent chaperones who looked at us strangely as we made our way over to where Patrick and Joe were sitting at a table. Pete looked down at me and nudged me, making me glace up at the crowd where I noticed Izzy dancing away with another guy, obviously her date. Pete sighed and I looked back over to Patrick who was watching the two, his frown becoming more and more apparent the seconds that past.

"Maybe we should cheer Patrick up," Pete shrugged.

"And how are we gonna do that?" he asked and I patted his shoulder.

"Come on," I took his hand and weaved us through the crowd before finding the two.

"Evie here has a plan,"

Pete announced and Patrick jumped up at the mention. Joe looked up as well and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" he asked and I smiled.

"Basically, we find…” I paused, looking at Patrick for Izzy’s date’s name. He skewed his mouth to one side.

“Kevin,” he mumbled.

“We find Kevin, and...well, I’ll act like a whore and lure him away,"

Pete smirked.

"Then blow him off with someone else,"

I nodded and looked at Joe who shook his head.

"Kevin already has shit with me, so don't go off with me," I rolled my eyes and gripped Pete's wrist, bringing him with me as I walked away.

"Let's go, baby," Pete followed me while Joe took Patrick off.

I had spotted Izzy dancing with Kevin just a few feet away and he glanced over for a minute and smiled while Izzy wasn't paying attention. Pete fell away a few feet and I smiled seductively, moving my hips and basically, well, acting completely out of character. In a few minutes time, Kevin flat out and left Izzy, her expression baffled as he walked away and towards me, where I was standing now, ignoring him as to not anger Izzy any more. I walked to my right and found Pete before noticing Joe who waved over the crowd and pushed Patrick towards Izzy who looked disappointed. I looked behind me and jumped at finding Kevin close. I maneuvered over towards Pete and grabbed him, right when the music changed and the lights slowed down slightly. It was now a slow song, and I quickly found Patrick stepping up to Izzy, her smile returning as he dragged her into a hold, the two slowly moving to the song. I looked up at Pete who seemed nervous, his expression slightly confused as I moved my arms around his neck. Finding a content smile on my lips, Pete copied me, resting his hands on my hips as we moved to the gentle tune.

"I never really went to the dances in high school," he commented softly. I nodded at him.

“I went to Prom, but it was ruined by Derek,” I muttered. Pete chuckled.

“Derek? The same Derek you were talking about a long time ago?” he asked. I nodded, laughing softly with him. We kind of shared a knowing look and I almost felt like our friendship was being mended until he faltered slightly and gulped.

“So you and Andy?” he asked. I lowered my eyes and shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess, he hasn’t made anything official yet,” I tried to trail off, but found Pete questioning me through his eyes. Thankfully, the song ended, and Joe ran up to us, making us part quickly and the music changed. I blinked at him as he seemed excited, looking at Pete.

“What?” he asked. Joe threw his arms in the air.

“You have to do the dance!” he exclaimed. I looked to the DJ on stage and then laughed out as I heard it. Thriller.

“I know it too!” I announced, looking at Pete, who seemed worried. “Tell me you’ll do it with me!” I grinned widely, and after a moment in thought, Pete shrugged, and the two of us moved as Joe announced to the crowd we knew it, a small circle surrounding us as we started dancing, and waiting until the right part for the actual dance came in. The DJ noticed and turned on the projector, the screen filling with the video rather quickly. After a few moments however, the part started, and instantly, Pete and I put our backs to the screen, making the point that we didn’t need to watch the video to do it. Slowly but surely we got into it, Joe whooping rather loudly and making the rest of the crowd join in with clapping and cheering, Pete and I laughing as we crossed paths with our arms in the air. We kept dancing on, Pete holding onto my arm as I got up onto my tippy toe (while still in heels) to do the part of the dance at the end. We finished strong, the crowd surrounding us as the rest of the song played. I pushed into Pete excitedly, my body being picked up as he laughed in my ear.

“That was so much fun!” he announced. I looked around us and didn’t find Joe or Izzy, or Patrick but pulled away from Pete to find him observing my expression. Our eyes locked, and my breath lodged into my throat, knowing it was the eye lock. The eye lock that always starts so-called beautiful relationships and romantic kisses. My smile faded slightly and Pete gulped before he looked down at my lips and closed his mouth. I closed my eyes but right when I felt the tingle of close contact, my body was ripped away from Pete and I squealed as I saw Joe.

“Evie!” he screamed, brightly smiling. I glanced back at Pete who was now being high-fived by Patrick, but found only a disappointed look in his eyes. I sighed, and looked away, knowing this night would haunt me for the rest of my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story