Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pevie

Follow the Evidence

by moocow 4 reviews

This chapter is epic, in my eyes. :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2009-04-22 - Updated: 2009-04-22 - 2573 words

0Unrated
MOO: THE FIRST PERSON TO GET ME TO 3,000 REVIEWS WILL GET A CRAZY INSANE HOT SECKS ONE SHOT WRITTEN FOR THEM. SERIOUSLY

Seeing that Ashley had her own home, she reluctantly returned. That is, not before she found out about everything between Pete and I. Feeling slightly guilty after that for making comments at the club, she apologized and I accepted, but still ripped her a new one for pushing me into the rut I now found myself in. Before she left, I wrote out a letter to my father, which helped, but for the next week, I still felt alone, regardless of how much of my friends were surrounding me. My wound was somewhat healed, but I was still scared from the incident, at least mentally. Pete and I hadn’t talked much after that, except to greet each other when the group was together, but that’s it. Joe seemed to be the most concerned about it, considering he had been around since the start of mine and Pete’s friendship; he knew something was wrong. There was probably only one good thing to come out of the shooting, and that was the endless amount of guilt my boss felt for me. He offered me paid vacation time, but after finding myself bored out of my mind in my apartment, I made the decision to go back to work. Joe tagged along.

I was quiet when the bell above me rang, signaling my entrance to the coffee establishment while simultaneously bringing back those memories. Joe rested a comforting hand on my shoulder and offered a gentle smile, but I shook him off and, determined, walked towards the counter and observed the white box that was sitting there. Joe followed and looked into it, and instantly, his eyebrows shot up, and he frowned. I chewed on my lip nervously before standing on my tippy-toes and glancing in. I forced down a gulp as soon as a saw the clear bags, and red tape that clearly said ‘EVIDENCE’ in bold black letters. There were footsteps from behind me, and I looked to my side to see my boss solemnly walking towards us. He sighed, observed the bandage that was still wrapped around my arm and then nodded towards the box.

“The police brought this back, said they don’t really need any of it for evidence,” he paused and rolled his eyes. “I don’t understand why they brought it back, considering half of it is unusable now,” he whispered.

Shrugging, I looked back into the box and held back a sob as I saw what I remembered as Pete’s hoodie. Eyeing it for a moment, I felt the emotion rack through me, and tears glazed my eyes as a slowly gripped it, and while Joe and my boss watched, ripped the bag open at held the cloth in my hands. I unfolded it, and cringed at the sight of the scrunched up areas, where the blood had dried into and let my heart contract. Joe frowned even more at me and tried to take it away from me, but I shook my head, and turned, taking in the contrast of the grey fabric to the deep crimson. Finally, after a few silent moments, I grabbed the bag and folded the hoodie up, delicately placing it back where it was. Though, before I let go, I found myself bringing it back to me, and folded it up more, placing it in my purse.

“What are you doing, Evie?” Joe asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t feel right leaving it here, it is part of what happened,” I paused and glanced down. “It belongs to Pete,” Joe nodded, and looked up to my boss before turning me and forcing me to exit the building. We walked silently for a moment before Joe emitted a long sigh and I glanced up at him questionably.

“What?” I mumbled. Joe wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we continued to walk around the area.

“I’m just worried about you,” he spoke. I nodded to myself, clutching my purse a little tighter to my side.

“So am I,”

*

After Joe’s advisement to take another few days off, I agreed and found myself occupying my time with visiting Joe, Patrick and Izzy after school at the places around there. There was a difference today, and I could tell the minute Joe and Patrick slid into the crescent shaped booth, Patrick holding a very solemn look.

“What?” I curiously asked looking to Joe for answers, knowing full well that Patrick wasn’t going to explain his mood. Just as I presumed, Patrick sighed, and brought the menu up, hiding his face from me. Joe rolled his eyes and picked up his menu as well, but still glanced at me.

“Homecoming is this weekend,” he explained and I nodded slowly, looking back over to Patrick.

“Why is he so upset?” I asked next, and Joe skewed his mouth to one side before shrugging. Patrick tensed for a moment, but then slowly put down his menu and faced me, frowning still.

“I asked Izzy, but she has a date already,” he spoke. I sighed, feeling sorry for him but offered a smile, which he reluctantly took. “I just got ahead of myself and thought that she might of liked me back,”

“I think she does,” I said back to him, looking at Joe who nodded enthusiastically along with me. Patrick shot his eyebrows up.

“Then why is she going with somebody else?” he questioned, whining slightly. I shrugged but still answered him.

“The guy probably asked him first,” I informed, making Patrick pout slightly.

“I should have made my move faster,” he muttered. Joe smirked and nodded, nudging me lightly.

“He says that now,” he joked. I rolled my eyes, glancing back at Patrick who was now glaring at him.

“Well excuse me, Mr. ‘I can’t let Ashley go without kissing her’,” he mocked, making me snap my head at Joe, with wide eyes.

“You kissed Ashley?!” I yelped, letting my mouth hang agape. Joe laughed breezily, and I became smug as his face heated up. “You kissed her, didn’t you?”

“Uhm,” Joe shifted his eyes away and for once, he was the one that covered his face with the menu. I looked to Patrick who shrugged at first, but then nodded cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows.

“It was the night at the club, Ashley seemed a little taken back, so Joe had to blame it on the alcohol,” he explained. I chuckled, shaking my head in slight disbelief before snapping my head to the door of the café as the bell jingled. Joe looked up as well, and in an instant, he was beaming again at who I recognized as the man from the night before, Andy. He noticed Joe’s waving arm, and with a content smile, neared our booth. I smiled when he looked to me, before scooting down the booth so that Patrick could make room for him. Instead, Andy slid in the other way, landing in the spot right next to me. Joe raised an eyebrow and observed Andy as he glanced down at me, offering a small smile.

“Dude, what are you doing here?” he asked. Andy shrugged.

“Adults eat too,” he replied, earning a smirk from Patrick and I. “Just because this across the street from the high school doesn’t mean I can’t eat here also,”

I laughed out lightly as Joe’s expression faltered before wincing as Andy accidentally grazed against my bandage. He clenched his teeth embarrassed, and moved his hand to hold my arm, gently caressing the area. I breathed out and smiled meekly, catching his eyes for a moment.

“Sorry,” Andy voiced. I shook my head, and put my own hand over the bandage, rubbing it slightly.

“It’s ok, really,” I reassured. We still locked eyes after that, and for a strange reason I felt a shift in my heartbeat as he slowly ginned, accepting my assurance. Joe cleared his throat, catching our attention and making our heads snap towards a cheeky looking Patrick and Joe. Feeling my face heat up, I scooted a little to the side, knowing full well they were making fun of me and Andy’s close proximity.

“So anyways,” Patrick dragged out, obviously trying to turn the conversation the other way. Joe turned his head again, and excitedly beamed again. “What?” Patrick asked, looking at him strangely. Joe jumped up on the booth and pointed over to the door where Izzy was now entering the café, sunglasses covering her face.

“IZZY!” he shouted, and instantly, Patrick’s face fell and he gulped, sliding down in the booth slightly as she walked over, smiling brightly while pushing back her sunglasses. She took a seat next to Patrick and quickly, a cloud of awkwardness fell over the table. I shifted a little as Izzy looked questionably at me, but offered a small smile nonetheless. Andy pushed out his bottom lip slightly, frowning for a second before looking at me.

“I’m going to save us,” he mumbled. I raised an eyebrow and watched as Andy stood up and laughed at Joe. “I think I’m going to go now, and not get drowned by high school drama,” Andy then glanced at me, and I pursed my lips, not understanding how he was saving us. But then, he offered his hand and grinned widely. “Evie?” he beckoned and I smiled back, before giving a cheeky expression to a perplexed looking Joe. He shrugged a minute later and scooted down as we left, and the last thing I heard before the door closed had something to do with if a vegetarian goes down. Once outside, Andy turned to me and I looked up at him questionably.

“What?” I asked. He shrugged.

“Do you want to go do something?” he offered, his hands lowering to sink into his pockets, nervously. I felt that weird heart flutter again and question myself before realizing he was waiting for an answer.

“Like what?” I started with, still finding myself feeling fairly strange, and yet so familiar. Andy shrugged slowly but then nodded towards across the street and up a ways.

“There’s a really great Veggie burger spot up the road, if you want to go,” he explained. I’m sure my eyes lit up at the mention of food and I eagerly nodded before being taken back.

“How did you know I was vegetarian?” I asked. Andy seemed surprised.

“I didn’t, but now that I do know, that’s pretty sweet,” he grinned. “I’m Vegan, myself,”

I sighed happily, glad we had something like that in common. We started to walk together, and suddenly I realized that this was the first time this week that I was actually enjoying my life and that I wasn’t so alone after all. For once, I felt loved.

*

My mood depleted the minute I made it to my apartment door, finding Pete standing there with a saddened expression, a few daisies in his grasp. My eyes softened at his broken look and instantly frowned, my keys slipping a little from my grip. I still walked up the small sidewalk to where he was and turned to him as I stood in front of my door as well. He decided to stay standing forward, leaning against the wall and looking out in the distance.

“Was that Andy?” he asked quietly. I clenched my teeth, feeling reluctant to answer him. I looked down, almost guiltily before realizing that I didn’t need to be.

“Does it matter if it was?” I half-way snapped, glancing up at him in time for him to turn to me.

“No,” he mumbled, and extended his arm a little so that I could take the daisies. I exhaled noisily but took them in my hands, slowly opening my bag so that I could place them in there for the time being. It was in that instant that I noticed the hoodie still in there and gasped, earning a concerned look from Pete.

“What?” he breathed, standing up and leaning to try and look in my purse. I shook my head and stepped back slightly, but then licked my lips nervously.

“I went back to the shop today,” I whispered. Pete’s eyes glazed over somewhat and he breathed out, and I knew full well he was feeling guilty.

“You should have told me, I would have gone with you,” he spoke eagerly. I shook my head at him and adjust my purse on my shoulder.

“Joe came with me,” I explained, before shifting my gaze to catch his eyes once more. “My boss had the returned evidence on the counter,” Pete’s eyes lit up momentarily, widening in surprise.

“Returned evidence?” he yelped, bringing his hand up to push it through his hair in disbelief. “Like what?” he questioned.

I paused, and let my eyes sink to the ground, feeling my heart become heavy. I didn’t know how Pete would react to what I had in my bag. I mean, in the shop, I felt over powered by an emotion I still couldn’t explain. Being that he felt like I saved his life, he might take it as even more as a gift as it really was. All I thought was that he deserved to have it back, being that he sacrificed it already for me. Slowly, I reached back into my bag and then into the plastic before pulling just the cloth out, observing as Pete’s eyes widened yet again and his mouth fell open in instant recognition. I held it in my hands momentarily, but then extended it out, Pete glancing up at me as he gripped it, his hands shaking as he felt the crunch between the fabrics. Tears seemed to outline his face again and I gulped down my own, not wanting this to turn into something that it didn’t need to be. He folded up the hoodie in a different way, but upon observing it, realized he had folded it in the way it had been when he had pressed it to my shoulder. Pete’s eyes closed and a shaky breath came from him lips.

“Isn’t this enough proof for you?” he whispered next. I raised an eyebrow, and waited for him to look at me with a desperate expression.

“Proof of what?” I asked back. Pete licked his lips quickly before shaking his head and turning.

“Nothing,” he glanced back at me for a moment, and I swear, the seriousness he held in his expression forever burned into my memory. “If you don’t realize it now, you never will,”

With that, he walked away, the cloth clenched in his hand the way it was. I leaned against my door and cringed to myself, feeling another cry rake my body forward. My heart fell further to my stomach and quickly, I let myself into my apartment, slamming the door before hitting my body with the same force against the wood, slowly sliding down as I expressed my sadness with a loud cry. The instant my bottom hit the carpet; I brought up my knees and wrapped my arms around my knees, burying my face away from the world. I was alone again.
Sign up to rate and review this story